Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Maybe this will help with higher lvl crits boredom »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/17/24 at 23:58:22

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Maybe this will help with higher lvl crits boredom
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Maybe this will help with higher lvl crits boredom  (Read 1197 times)
Tender_Foot

Email

Maybe this will help with higher lvl crits boredom
« on: 03/14/03 at 23:23:42 »
Quote Quote

Great Rift

Suitable for ammount of crits:
1st area:4-10 (considered all are arches)
2nd area:8-25 (considered all are arches)

---------
Area for lvl's 25-30 only.

Area starts in meadow, after a big earthquake shakes the world on nightmist.

---------

First Area: Great Rift

Size of Area: 50<area<150

Monsters: Mutated Elk, Elven Crossbowmen, Centaur

Traps: If a crit lvl 1-14 tries to enter- Due to your lack of ability, you slipped off the side of the rift and died.

---------

Living Forest

Size of Area: 100<area<200

Monsters: Living Tree, Giant Bear, Pride Lion, Wolf, Deer, Woodland Rabbit

Traps: if dex is 17 or less- A Tree Vine whipped your from above for 30-80 damage <10%; only on certain squares>

-------

West of Living Forest is the Temple of Ewin

Size of Area: 100<area<300
lvls: 4

lvl 1: Monsters: Worshiper, Temple Gaurd
Traps: Pit (Fight a Monster with ungodly hp that heals itself and hits for 200 damage)

lvl 2: Monsters: Worshiper, Temple Gaurd
Traps: none

lvl 3: Monsters: Temple Gaurd
Traps: None

lvl 4: Monsters: Temple Gaurd, Temple Protector
Traps: None
Boss: N'ret Paer

---------

East of Living Forest is the Small Lake

Size of area: 40<area<60

Monsters: Water Turtle, Pirhana, Masquito Swarm (not same as swamps)

Traps: You stepped into deep water and drowned.

---------

North of Small Lake is Large Plains

Area: 200<area<400

Monsters: Jack Rabbit, Deer, Panther, Fox, Goat, Magma Hydra, Flaming Goblin, Fire Bat

Traps: none

-------
Tall Black Building

size of area: Huh

Monsters: Guard Dog, Inlightened Sorcerer, Cult Follower, Roaming Spirit, Warrior Thief, Hermit Ranger

Trap: None

Bosses: Cult Leader

-------
High Up in Tall Black Building

Area: Huh

monsters: Enlighted Being

trap: none

Boss: Spirit of Norinth
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

Re: Maybe this will help with higher lvl crits bor
« Reply #1 on: 03/14/03 at 23:24:27 »
Quote Quote

This is obviously just an outline
IP Logged
MmMStewert

Get outta there Stewert thats just for looks!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 03/15/03 at 00:29:26 »
Quote Quote

yayy Smiley me like it Smiley
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 03/18/03 at 13:37:32 »
Quote Quote

It's decent. If you want the name "Ewin" to be deleted as player, I am the owner Smiley (Only if the area is put into the game).
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #4 on: 03/19/03 at 02:48:40 »
Quote Quote

the names can easily be changed for the area, it is only an outline Grin
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 03/19/03 at 14:39:06 »
Quote Quote

K Smiley
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Starry
New_Zealand 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 03/23/03 at 06:24:30 »
Quote Quote

It thats just a outline.. jeeze.. i'm voting you you dude.
IP Logged

Cry me a god dammn river!
Starry
New_Zealand 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 03/23/03 at 06:26:13 »
Quote Quote

As a thought.. say the lvl 1 to 14s, if they manage to get out they could get a lvl.. but say the map changes all the time, therefore making a map impossible and they have to get out alive 2 or 3 times...
IP Logged

Cry me a god dammn river!
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #8 on: 03/23/03 at 13:52:08 »
Quote Quote

I got bored and made maps for this area, next time i get bored ill make descrips.
IP Logged
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 03/23/03 at 19:52:18 »
Quote Quote

Sounds like a nice area, whenever you get the chance you may want to make up some area descriptions and submit it to an area developer to be introduced to the game.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #10 on: 03/23/03 at 21:32:11 »
Quote Quote

actually, im currently working on improving descrips. for another area, so when i have time i work on this one a little bit
IP Logged
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 03/24/03 at 22:43:57 »
Quote Quote

Is it possible you could put up a link to the maps? Just so we could see what the area looks like?
Sounds really good! Best of luck with the descriptions.
IP Logged

dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 03/25/03 at 07:24:41 »
Quote Quote

actually what will help most with high level crits boredom is an easily accessable area not too far from a town with above average exp given from monsters. areas designed for large groups of expert/archmaster masochists are rarely visited (island of chronos?).

taking into consideration of what people who have a handfull of archmasters do (kill people and train alts), an area that can attract fun pk's and give good experience would alleviate more boredom than a test of hardcore-ness.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 03/25/03 at 09:44:18 »
Quote Quote

Why not an area containing lots of random monsters from all over NM, and they each have completely random stats, made up when you enter the square? So, you could be walking along and end up fighting something as strong as the Demonic General, but with the exp of a Black Bear and gold of Tax dude.
Or would that just be stupid? Undecided
Another idea would be an area where all the names are scrambled up. So you wouldn't know who or what to attack. It could have the picture and name Bunny, but could infact be your best friend Tongue

Just a couple of quick ideas, thanks for listening.
IP Logged

Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #14 on: 03/25/03 at 10:59:36 »
Quote Quote

on 03/25/03 at 07:24:41, dognapot wrote:
actually what will help most with high level crits boredom is an easily accessable area not too far from a town with above average exp given from monsters. areas designed for large groups of expert/archmaster masochists are rarely visited (island of chronos?).

taking into consideration of what people who have a handfull of archmasters do (kill people and train alts), an area that can attract fun pk's and give good experience would alleviate more boredom than a test of hardcore-ness.

its in the meadow....so that means CLOSE, as well it would have higher exp and 4 crits can go into the area and hold their own. The POINT of this area was to elevate boredom and keep them from pk'ing as much, not to increase it.
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 03/25/03 at 11:39:45 »
Quote Quote

well if you want to elevate boredom then maybe your idea fits your intentions better than i first figured. however, if the aim is alleviate boredom then the goal should be to create an area that can accomadate a wide variety of class/level combinations and back it up with a reasonable amount of gold and exp for those who will train in it. like i said before, all these higher level crits who are just sooo bored spend most of thier time training and killing so a place that will attract them will have to allow all levels and classes, give good gold and exp, and be close to town. a combination like that will generate enough traffic to satisfy people who want to train and people who want to hunt.

btw, i did realize you said the meadow, i just felt it neccessary to reiterate that an area meeting your criteria had to be close to town because the meadow may not be a viable place to connect another area since the only space extending from it that is not already filled is to the west and above the graveyard.
IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #16 on: 03/25/03 at 17:53:15 »
Quote Quote

on 03/25/03 at 11:39:45, dognapot wrote:
well if you want to elevate boredom then maybe your idea fits your intentions better than i first figured. however, if the aim is alleviate boredom then the goal should be to create an area that can accomadate a wide variety of class/level combinations and back it up with a reasonable amount of gold and exp for those who will train in it. like i said before, all these higher level crits who are just sooo bored spend most of thier time training and killing so a place that will attract them will have to allow all levels and classes, give good gold and exp, and be close to town. a combination like that will generate enough traffic to satisfy people who want to train and people who want to hunt.

btw, i did realize you said the meadow, i just felt it neccessary to reiterate that an area meeting your criteria had to be close to town because the meadow may not be a viable place to connect another area since the only space extending from it that is not already filled is to the west and above the graveyard.

Area is by 2 cities...gold and exp would be decent...but i would never make an area to 'accomidate' pk'ing. since it is an area for lvl's 25+, you can still pk people, but you will have to deal with crits more 'your' lvl. This means no cheap thrills by killing people 10 lvl's below your arches.

i would also like to point out why i doubt some people go to jungle, reason i feel this area isnt visited as much as other areas in the game is because you need the orb of time, something not accesible by most people.
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 03/25/03 at 21:53:28 »
Quote Quote

for your purpose making a long due expansion of the barracks would suffice. when i say all levels it is because people like to take thier baby crits with thier training parties so they can survive in areas that have better experience than that of areas designed for adepts. if it has a higher level limit people will still just use the desert. it would be cool to see a "tougher" area that isn't on the edge of civilization but this idea isn't really offering much different than areas already available and i think a person could do better when approaching an area design from a "lets kill boredom for high levels" perspective.
IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #18 on: 03/26/03 at 02:52:04 »
Quote Quote

im not trying to let people lvl their lower crits fast. i was thinking of havoing the monsters give 90-95 exp per point of damage, which is higher then most things in the game.
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 03/26/03 at 03:52:01 »
Quote Quote

it doesn't add up though, if you want that kind of payoff in exp then there should have to be signifigant amount of risk and difficulty and that doesn't align itself an area that is easily accessable. it could also be said that if it allows players to train with greater ease it would only serve to create more bored archmasters and be self defeating. think harder.
IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.