Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Revised Sea of Leviathon »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 15:12:37

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Revised Sea of Leviathon
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Revised Sea of Leviathon  (Read 621 times)
The_Colonel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The15thstooge
View Profile Email

Revised Sea of Leviathon
« on: 03/02/03 at 03:49:07 »
Quote Quote

The Sea of Leviathon is one of the oldest realms of Nightmist. It has long been forgotten, but has recently been rediscovered by experienced travelers of  the Ercule Swamp. It includes many areas, such as, The Docks, The Sea, and the Island of Captain Monroe.  

The Docks are overwhelmed with many Zombie Seamen who are ever in search for their lost loot. The Docks would also be littered by Sea Rats, and the occasional person could even catch The Plague if unfortunate enough to take a wrong turn along The Docks.

The Sea is the realm of Leviathon the Sea Monster, a monster living since prehistoric times, some say that he was alive long before Nightmist was ever built. He wreaks havoc on all who disturb his slumber. Along with Leviathon there are many smaller Sea Serpents in The Sea. They are highly venomous and are likely to pop up from anywhere, whether it be convenient or not at the time.  

The Island of Captain Monroe is in the heart of The Sea. Around its borders are many Sea Snakes as well as the common Giant Frog only in Greater population. As you work the winding pathway to the center of the Island you will encounter more difficult monsters, like a Sentry Man holding his post with his life. You along the Winding Pathway until you find your self at a Spiral Staircase. As you follow the spiral staircase ever upward into the tower you will find yourself becoming overwhelmed by the number of Sentry Men that are guarding you path not letting you through. You finally make past the stairs and are immediately set upon by many Elite Sentry Men. There is a Trap Door up leading to The Upper Chamber. Inside the upper Chamber you find Captain Monroe. He glares at you and yells “How did you make it to my Upper Chamber!!!” as he summons more Sentry Men who come to make your downfall.  

Monsters
The Docks- Sea Rat
    Zombie Seaman

The Sea- Leviathon
    Sea Snake
    Giant Sea Snake
    Sea Turtle
The Island of Monroe- Zombie Seaman
   Giant Frog
   Sentry Man
   Elite Sentry Man

Items-    
 Leviation- Plate Mail- slightly better than branchwood mail but not quite as great  as Spiked Armor.It could also be better than spiked … but then it would have to have a drop rate of like 1%.
 Captain Monroe- Cutlass- can be either better or worse than halberd depending on whichever the staff thinks would be better. If its better than halberd it should be worse than Blade of Time and if its worse it should be better than a Pike.

Other- The Plague- much like the thing where you cough up blood in dying woodland but only stronger.
 Whirlpool- just a square that drowns you for 100 damage when you walk through it, its not one that’s on the direct path to any of the monsters. It will spit you out back the way you came.

This area would be for levels 24-30.

Sample Descriptions-  
The Title: Smaug’s Sea Shop  
 Smaug’s Sea Shop(The small description): You are standing in a strange looking shop, full of fishing nets, and other various items that might come in handy while on the sea.

The Store owner grins at you in a helpful manner with his three teeth.

The Exits: You can exit the shop to the north or go back the way you came to the south.

Long Description: You are standing in a Strange looking shop, full of fishing nets, and other various items that might come in handy while at sea.

The Title: The Docks

The Docks( the small description): You are standing on a grungy looking dock, littered with sailor’s chewing tobacco.  

The dock is made of an ancient type of wood you have never seen before. It seems surprisingly sturdy. You can go in any direction.

Long description: You are standing on a grungy looking dock, littered with sailors chewing tobacco and Rat droppings. The dock is made of an ancient type of wood you have never seen before. You may continue in any direction.

Title: The Sea of Leviathon    

The Sea(small description): You are moving steadily through the rough waters, despite the shape that the boat appears to be in.  

As you look around you shiver at the thought of what might linger beneath you in the dark waters. The Sea continues in all directions.

Long description: You are moving steadily through the rough waters, despite the shape that the boat appears to be in. As you look around you shiver at the thought of what might linger beneath you in the dark waters.

Title: Island of Monroe

The  Island of Monroe(small description): The Island has is hot and humid.

The vegetation in the area is that of a tropical climate.As you take a closer look you notice signs of life everywhere. You may continue in all directions.

Long description: The Island is hot and humid. The vegetation in the area is that of a tropical climate.As you take a closer look you notice signs of life everywhere. You may continue in all directions.

To get on the lake ... instead of buying a boat at teh store you can sell a boat permit for like 5k ...

Thats about all i have right now .... i got the map but i dont know how to put a link to it ...
IP Logged

Fight
Tender_Foot

Email

Re: Revised Sea of Leviathon
« Reply #1 on: 03/02/03 at 05:10:27 »
Quote Quote

there isnt much of a story to it, and for the fact that its in the swamp and lvl limit is 1-25, it cant be an area for lvl's 24-30
IP Logged
The_Colonel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The15thstooge
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 03/02/03 at 05:42:42 »
Quote Quote

Its not in the swamp its merely near the swamp
IP Logged

Fight
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 03/02/03 at 07:01:49 »
Quote Quote

Tender has a point...  could you elaborate on the story?  What's the plague, where did it come from, why do zombies walk the earth along the seaside, why is Captain Monroe at the island, and so on.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #4 on: 03/02/03 at 09:16:36 »
Quote Quote

on 03/02/03 at 05:42:42, The_Colonel wrote:
Its not in the swamp its merely near the swamp

Sorry, the way you put it, it seems as though it was 'through' the swamp (to me atleast). I also think that when the lvl limit is, the area is still surrounded....by arilin, swamp, forest, and meadow, but i may be wrong.  

Edit: I really need to take typing lessons
IP Logged
The_Colonel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The15thstooge
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 03/02/03 at 22:02:22 »
Quote Quote

Sorry I didnt really think about the lvl limits in the swamp or the other possible areas for it to be placed.... I was thinking maybe south of The Rocky Mountain Path south of RH or North of Arilin Possibly near Blackthorn.... open to suggestions, when its settled iw ill try to make a new map to fit the area ... thanks for helping with the suggestions and i will try and come up with the story sometime in the next few days. Unfortunately homework must come first. I will do my best to get it here in a few days though. Please contiinue to lay on the suggestions.
« Last Edit: 03/02/03 at 23:31:19 by The_Colonel » IP Logged

Fight
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.