Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Genesis »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/14/24 at 05:49:47

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Genesis
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Genesis  (Read 515 times)
AlliedAssault

View Profile

Genesis
« on: 02/17/03 at 03:21:44 »
Quote Quote

Genesis - Subject to change

Story:
At a time long ago, there once was a land that was filled with a diverse amount of highly skilled warriors ranging from sword wielding fighters to master magi with ungodly strength in their spells. For millions of years it was thought that this area of ancient ruins and beautiful architecture had been destroyed. The ancient pharaoh who once ruled this land is thought to control immeasurable power and is very strategic. Marinova, the ancient pharaoh once had to decide to join the evil barrage that was destined to take over his kingdom or defend his rights and his many followers that inhabited his homeland. He decided to defend his native land from a variety of evil kings. He learned however, that he could not defend his domain from so many forces that planned to raid his city and remove the pharaoh from his thrown. The primary king looking to overthrow Marinova from his position as pharaoh is Dronan. Dronan is a master of bribery and has convinced some creatures of his choice to help him in his campaign. His dark powers are not as great as the ancient pharaoh, but with the acquisition of the other creatures his forces seem to be unstoppable. This war can erupt fatally between the two within a matter of minutes to a matter of days due to the extreme closeness of the two awesome powers. Marinova resides in a city called Genesis which is currently located near the steaming sand of the Jahanna desert. Dronan isn’t out of reach he is only a few short miles into the flaming paradise known as the Scorching Volcanoes.

A truly mystical place that seems to ward of any power the weak while it welcomes the powerful. It is filled with many surprises and should only be explored by people of great power and knowledge. Flowing rivers are reported to be seen in the East. Massive glaciers are reported in the North. And flaming pits and volcanoes are to be seen in the distances to the South. In the center is a tranquil and cheerful place where many animals roam and play. The pharaoh makes trips to all his domains except for the volcanoes which evil forces are mounting. Due to this pharaoh has not been seen living in any one spot.

This area is suitable for characters that have only who have reached level 30.

Restrictions: None (All classes are allowed)”Only those who have reached their full potential may pass through the gates of this ancient land.”

Areas thought to Comply:
Scorching Volcanoes (Blistering Lava Path, Sizzling Quarters, Battle Grounds, and Lava Stream)
Freezing Ice Bridge (Thin Ice Grove, Ice Bridge 1st level, and Ice Bridge 2nd level)
River Ridge (Death Drop, Rushing Rapids, and Daunting Cyclone)
Grassland (Grazing Pasture and Farm House)

Scorching Volcanoes

Blistering Lava Path                     Scorching Volcanoes
Enter: /grid 1: The steaming craters that have broken through the ground are scattered variously throughout the terrain. The ground is hot and appears to be unstable. The steam in the air makes even the most accurate and skilled archer blind at long distance. The constant blowing of ash is an occurrence that is frightening to all. There seems to be no life at all in this decrepit place.      

Look: /grid 2: You notice that there are some flowers growing in the ground. The massive amount of steam and the trickling of lava through the craters seeps through and seems to burn all the remaining flowers on the ground.  The ground feels soft due to the pillow of lava beneath. The only thing possible to recognize is the smelling of the gravel burning into ash.

You can go South to proceed further down the steamy path.

Creatures: Molten Lava Bugs

Traps: None

*Special Note-None

Sizzling Quarters                               Scorching Volcanoes
Enter: /grid 1: Entering what appears to be the barracks of some ancient predecessors you notice long arrows that look capable of doing heavy damage. The musty smell of sweat bellows through the room expanding greater by the second. The floor seems worn out due to heavy use. The sounds of something murmuring is leaking into the room.

Look: /grid 2: Glancing around the room you can see numbers on the lockers. The numbers on the lockers are rising from one through three thousand. The dripping of a lava leak stands out dude to the silence of no one in the room. Each locker is outfitted with a long battle sword and a steel bow with arrows. The smell of molten rock seems to be the aroma floating through the air.

You can go back the way you came (West or East).

Creatures: None

Traps: None

*Special Note- None

I havent included all the descriptions but if they are required for further review contact me on aim silkk272 or on nightmist(See crits listed below). I have the map already made up. Hope this can spark some intrests.
« Last Edit: 02/17/03 at 03:50:24 by AlliedAssault » IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
Halor

Halor

View Profile

Re: Genesis
« Reply #1 on: 03/08/03 at 00:42:34 »
Quote Quote

Looks good so far from what i have seen with updates via e-mail and aim. Keep working on everything and send updates when needed.
IP Logged
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 03/12/03 at 16:31:28 »
Quote Quote

Thanks i should have the stuff we talked about done very soon.
IP Logged

Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #3 on: 03/13/03 at 02:34:06 »
Quote Quote

I think this area is really good.
IP Logged
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 03/14/03 at 16:30:22 »
Quote Quote

Thanks Tender
IP Logged

Sorrow

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 06/30/03 at 05:37:41 »
Quote Quote

I was just wondering if staff or the creator could tell me what's going on with this possible area. If so, please do tell of it's progression.

P.S. Sorry for bringing up an old post, but I'm curious.
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 06/30/03 at 06:23:56 »
Quote Quote

lol, are you just going through all posts and bumping them?

anyway.

This area has been implemented in game for quite some time now the creator (AlliedAssault) is on vacation, but the actual area is in game just not open yet.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Sorrow

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 06/30/03 at 06:36:08 »
Quote Quote

I only bumped two posts  Tongue

Thanks for the answer Zephie, now I just have to wait and see if Pandarus or somebody else replies on the other thread.
IP Logged
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 07/13/03 at 06:11:43 »
Quote Quote

Thanks for the intrest.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.