Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Spell Ideas......... »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/29/24 at 07:34:34

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New Spell Ideas.........
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Spell Ideas.........  (Read 2190 times)
Alucard

I Am Adrian Farenheights Tepes

View Profile

New Spell Ideas.........
« on: 02/07/04 at 20:34:10 »
Quote Quote

Blind- Temporily Blinds Opponent  Stoping them from Attacking You. lvl requirment 25 Mana Cost 20 mp Per cast.

(Lets Say You Got like 3 PPl chasing you and trying to attack you poor defensless wizard and you cast blind on a few of them  stoping them from attacking and if they try to move they get lost. As I See It It's a Good Protection SPell that Should Be Considered)

I Will Have More Info About It Once i Figure out its flaws. Till Then Post your Opinions

IP Logged

Death Comes Upon Those Stubborn Enough To Face It,But Eternal Life Only Comes To Those Who Are Willing To Accept It.
Monte
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

Re: New Spell Ideas.........
« Reply #1 on: 02/07/04 at 22:18:58 »
Quote Quote

Couple of questions,  
1: Can they not attack or can they not move?
2: If they cannot move is the effect more like drunkeness or they simply can't move?
3: If they cannot attack, are they defenseless against everyone or can they simply not attack you?

It is a terribly sad day when mage owners have to think of ways to stop bieng pked due to mages bieng weak. I am not saying your idea is a bad one, I'm simply saying that there's something wrong. All of the time spent training the hardest class in nightmist (in my opinion) and for what? They should be much stronger than they are now.

--Monte  (a mage owner)
IP Logged

Monte or sephirothx ingame.
Alucard

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/07/04 at 23:03:39 »
Quote Quote

The Spell would Blind them From Not Attacking The Mage which made them blind and in ways it would act as a Substancual way to hurt the person attacking you for a short amoment of time perably 30 senconds give you a good chance of hitting them with a few rounds if you have has casted Haste on you to regain stam quicker. But i have thought it over and i tihnk it would be a good spell for a mage. it would be Able tob e bought in Any Mage Guild for a fee of like say 25k (price can change depending if idea is Liked)
IP Logged

Death Comes Upon Those Stubborn Enough To Face It,But Eternal Life Only Comes To Those Who Are Willing To Accept It.
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/08/04 at 18:25:33 »
Quote Quote

I think it should be a hard spell to cast lots of mana needed, and if u cast it on someone hes blind and its like drunkness when moving, he cannot attack anyone (as his blind) but is anyone attacks him the spell ends or after 30s.
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Monte
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/08/04 at 18:28:30 »
Quote Quote

I agree with snowy's idea.

--Monte
IP Logged

Alucard

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/08/04 at 23:04:16 »
Quote Quote

Seems Fair it would Make mages More Interesting Aswell fi JLH Accepts my idea. And It Will Wear off after 30seconds. and it can Be tweaked to Cost Like 82mp to cast it per cast.
IP Logged

Raven
Australia 

Lasden In Game

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/09/04 at 05:10:01 »
Quote Quote

good idea but this would make mages unbeatable in a duel
cast the spell succesfully once and uv basicly won
IP Logged

Swift, swift, you dragons of the night, that dawning
May bear the raven's eye
Alucard

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/09/04 at 08:18:07 »
Quote Quote

As I Said It Can be tweaked Some its Only a Suggestion.
IP Logged

Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/09/04 at 13:37:12 »
Quote Quote

Not really, u cast it and the dude is holding macros (almost all the time, without gettin d/c) and when mage attacks him he hits the mage. Now mage has lost 82 mp and its hard to cast (maybe it took 2 times to cast cuz it fizzled?) then 164 mp, just to get a 1 hit more. (still helpful, but not makin mage a god, although he should be considering how hard it is to train a mage).
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Vengence

Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/09/04 at 14:22:39 »
Quote Quote

I got one...
Scroll of Megid
can use at lvl 30
effect: 15% chance of 1 hit kills, uses half your mana bar. If it doesn't do a 1-hit kill it does 80-90 damage.
IP Logged
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/09/04 at 17:52:51 »
Quote Quote

I dont like the whole 1 hit kills idea, but its just me, anyways the part about half mana bar is very strange, why should an elf pay more mana to cast it then a human, while elf is a more magical race, well elfs stats are anyways. Otherwise dmg is nice Smiley
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Alucard

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/09/04 at 22:16:15 »
Quote Quote

A Mage Being able to dmg for 8-90 or even 1 hit killing would be way to Unbalanced and over power the idea wasnt to make Mages gods but to give them a fighting chance.
IP Logged

Vengence

Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/10/04 at 01:53:38 »
Quote Quote

ok first, have you read my topic about how to get scroll of megid? its nearly impossible to get.
second, it uses half your mana! that means with a full inventry of adv crystals, you could only get 20-30 of these pulled off, excluding fizzles. and third, what class can not do 80-90 besides cleric/pally/paci? zerkers do 100+, rangers do 60-100, fighters hit for 70-85ish, thiefs assassinate can do 250, i mean honestlty...
IP Logged
Monte
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/10/04 at 05:28:58 »
Quote Quote

Megid sounds a bit too Phantasy Star Online-ish to me...

--Monte
IP Logged

Vengence

Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/11/04 at 02:32:59 »
Quote Quote

on 02/10/04 at 05:28:58, Monte wrote:
Megid sounds a bit too Phantasy Star Online-ish to me...

--Monte

shhh! Tongue PSO rules ^^
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 02/11/04 at 03:16:32 »
Quote Quote

You know what you people do not really believe an idea is copyrighted because it sound like some other idea. I mean NM has orcs, ogres and other things is that plagarism? I mean you gotta learn copyright laws before pointing them out.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/11/04 at 07:18:27 »
Quote Quote

Who pointed out any copyrights??
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Vengence

Email

« Reply #17 on: 02/11/04 at 13:43:42 »
Quote Quote

megid is some Japanese word, and last I knew, words weren't copywritted  Undecided.
IP Logged
Monte
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/11/04 at 18:55:51 »
Quote Quote

I never said it was copyrighted, so quit freaking out. I just thought that it would be better if staff thought up something more original. If it came down to it Megid is a good name, just looking for some creativity. And yeah, PSO does rock.

--Monte
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/11/04 at 21:34:11 »
Quote Quote

If you need names, do what I do:

Find a nice, empty, quiet room and figure out what the name is for. Then, start making random sounds with your mouth (out loud).

Use harsher sounds and softer sounds in accordance to what you want the word/name to sound like.

...Of course, that's just me. ^^;;;

Most people will look at Baby Name books/websites to find stuff like this (which is nice since they will often tell you what country the name originated from).
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.