Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - What's the use of a Mage's strengh? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/29/24 at 08:06:39

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   What's the use of a Mage's strengh?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What's the use of a Mage's strengh?  (Read 1077 times)
Jace_Risky
USA 

The war between us and the pkers will go on and on

View Profile

« on: 11/30/03 at 20:55:24 »
Quote Quote

I was rolling a mage of my own and I came across some good "mage" stats (9 18 19 18 20 13). I was wondering weither a mage should focus more on his magic rather than on his strengh Roll Eyes. A mage is something that spends his whole life practicing the arts of magic. So, shouldn't they focus moreover on their magic?
IP Logged

There are no heroes amongst thieves and no thieves amongst heroes.
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

Re: What's the use of a Mage's strengh?
« Reply #1 on: 11/30/03 at 22:35:07 »
Quote Quote

Quote:

There isn't one.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Consumed
USA 

*:·®ÿåñ·:*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 11/30/03 at 22:36:49 »
Quote Quote

there isnt 1 unless u want to atack...but usually mages dont...
IP Logged

Cøñ§ümêd
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 11/30/03 at 22:37:34 »
Quote Quote

Usually is an understatement lol

99.99% of the time mages don't attack.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Galatae

shh! gowna hunt wabbits!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 12/03/03 at 15:56:23 »
Quote Quote

I only attack when I'm in a party and need the hp boost from my Spider Staff... kinda funny since I'm lvl 28. plus I only have 8 str. Sometimes I just get tired of beaming away and want to take a whack at something.
IP Logged
easter_bunny
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/07/04 at 00:38:59 »
Quote Quote

ok, first off 18wis is not good on a mage.

ok and the strength is useless at the moment, but the staff of power is soon to be implimented in the game:

Library info for Staff of Power:
Base damage: 25, Can be used by: mages, Description: The Staff of Power is a deadly magical weapon, used by dark-elves to increase their already potent magical abilities., Level needed to equip it: 29, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

the only problem with that is well....... all this time ppl have been using mages with, in your case, 9strength ppl aren't going to be too apt to do anything for it because: A mage would have to train from lvl 1 with his weapon to become more powerful with it.
argo, even if he is a 6stat archy elf mage he wouldn't hit very hard simply because he hasn't trained with a weapon to gain experince.

saying this I think that this staff of power is rather useless if u have to resort to training half with a weapon and half with spells.

espcially since they don't have the healing quallities of every-
other magic user, the ability to weild the powerful weapons. or hp to maintain a hit from another class.

so as it sits mages are preety much screwed strength and hp wise. so they usually resort to invis 98%(<--very accurate) of the time.

what I think is that JLH and Pandi should scrap the SoP and make the attacking spells closer to lvls, add longer and better armor spells, make the already spells use less mana, add a sixth stam, and just kinda optional add devestate.
IP Logged

the_easter_bunny ingame. go-figure
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 01/07/04 at 01:45:51 »
Quote Quote

I'm sorry, that was all really...not well thought out. That's halberd base damage right there. Even with 8 strength, you'd probably hit for around 20, plus it is magical.  

Mages are fine.
IP Logged

Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 01/07/04 at 08:34:36 »
Quote Quote

on 01/07/04 at 01:45:51, CPG wrote:
Mages are fine.

rofl, you're the only person in the game to think so. Don't you pay any attention to the mage discussion?
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 01/07/04 at 11:03:46 »
Quote Quote

on 01/07/04 at 01:45:51, CPG wrote:
Mages are fine.

Ofcourse they are, I mean no one has posted anywhere on the forums why mages aren't fine. Well I haven't seen any.

Also mages are fine, yes definately. That is why I lost a duel to a level 24 Paladin. I resisted and fizzled constantly, Yep, mages rule.
IP Logged
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: 01/07/04 at 20:44:59 »
Quote Quote

Mine seems to work fine. I'm not complaining about being able to do full rounds of 300+ on monsters constantly. I've beaten lvl 30 crits, with good wis. Obvisouly healers are a Mage's hardest opponent. Just for the record, my mage is Under xp and does half damage. I would utterly crush people if I did full damage. Stats aren't too great, either. So they aren't good at dueling when people are prepared, and know what's coming. Catch some guys out training. And really, don't try to take on a large party with one Mage. Yes, you used to be able to do that. No, you can't do it anymore.

I'm happy with my Mage, and that's all there is to it.
IP Logged

Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 01/07/04 at 23:58:54 »
Quote Quote

on 01/07/04 at 11:03:46, Eternyte wrote:

Ofcourse they are, I mean no one has posted anywhere on the forums why mages aren't fine. Well I haven't seen any.

Also mages are fine, yes definately. That is why I lost a duel to a level 24 Paladin. I resisted and fizzled constantly, Yep, mages rule.

thats what haste is for :S
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 01/08/04 at 12:14:54 »
Quote Quote

LOL...No offense Rappy, but I know how to use a mage. I had haste on, but when you don't do any damage with the stamina. i.e resists and fizzles. You are going to lose to everything, no matter what level. Mages needs changing big time, or they will become invisibility casters, much as they are already.

Bring on the Update!!
IP Logged
Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 01/08/04 at 20:00:49 »
Quote Quote

on 01/08/04 at 12:14:54, Eternyte wrote:
LOL...No offense Rappy, but I know how to use a mage. I had haste on, but when you don't do any damage with the stamina. i.e resists and fizzles. You are going to lose to everything, no matter what level. Mages needs changing big time, or they will become invisibility casters, much as they are already.

Bring on the Update!!

yep that I agree with  Cheesy
IP Logged
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 01/08/04 at 20:03:28 »
Quote Quote

on 01/07/04 at 20:44:59, CPG wrote:
Mine seems to work fine. I'm not complaining about being able to do full rounds of 300+ on monsters constantly. I've beaten lvl 30 crits, with good wis. Obvisouly healers are a Mage's hardest opponent. Just for the record, my mage is Under xp and does half damage. I would utterly crush people if I did full damage. Stats aren't too great, either. So they aren't good at dueling when people are prepared, and know what's coming. Catch some guys out training. And really, don't try to take on a large party with one Mage. Yes, you used to be able to do that. No, you can't do it anymore.

I'm happy with my Mage, and that's all there is to it.

You really have no idea.. Eternyte has had a LOT of experience with mages, and I agree with his comments about them completly. I wouldn't mind pking with a group of 3/4 archies though, they might be quite effective then.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: 01/08/04 at 20:56:06 »
Quote Quote

So i'm not allowed to apply my own experience with Mages? No, i'm pretty sure I am. Yes, I know he's had a lot of experience, but that doesn't make him the god of Mages.

I'll eventually get around to PM'ing you some of my opinions. Eventually.
IP Logged

easter_bunny
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 01/14/04 at 02:54:47 »
Quote Quote

i was talking about before that he woodn't even do that because he hasn't trained with weapons by then.

and if ur lvl 29 doing 20's its preety much crap.

o by the way, this topic  is now a hot or er.... burning topic. Cheesy
IP Logged

the_easter_bunny ingame. go-figure
Jace_Risky
USA 

The war between us and the pkers will go on and on

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 01/24/04 at 09:00:23 »
Quote Quote

on 01/14/04 at 02:54:47, easter_bunny wrote:

o by the way, this topic  is now a hot or er.... burning topic. Cheesy

lol, now it is
IP Logged

There are no heroes amongst thieves and no thieves amongst heroes.
Iron_wolf
USA 

I love Cheese...yeah.. .cheese

Bullseye823
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 01/24/04 at 22:05:02 »
Quote Quote

I loves my mage a whole lot.....but its not cool wahtsoever when you take sum revenge on sum worthless pk'er 4 levels under you who starts winning just cuz an alt of his is also there
IP Logged

Dont worry.....be happy.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.