Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Mage Class Discussion »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/24 at 08:42:00

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Mage Class Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mage Class Discussion  (Read 2905 times)
Rosso
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Mage Class Discussion
« Reply #20 on: 02/02/04 at 12:58:23 »
Quote Quote

The spell flame should work like the torches in the swamps.
IP Logged
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: 02/02/04 at 13:21:41 »
Quote Quote

on 02/02/04 at 12:58:23, Rosso wrote:
The spell flame should work like the torches in the swamps.

Been said alot of times in the past, unfortuantly, it'd mean redoing some of the coding just to get that one change (at least I believe it would, from previous threads), and so it was decided to not happen.. And it'd make Mage training up to 25 far far too easy.
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 02/03/04 at 19:18:08 »
Quote Quote

I agree with most of the ideas here except that mages do not need more HP. Though there is one thing: Mages can eat half-orcs unless the half-orc acctually gets an attack off at the mage where the mage is dead quickly.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 02/05/04 at 18:53:19 »
Quote Quote

and human zerkers can eat mages, there are always stuff that eat each other
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 02/05/04 at 19:50:26 »
Quote Quote

Anything but half-orcs eat mages. Half-orcs are eaten so no one really uses them (or at least that was the complaint about them when they were made).
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #25 on: 02/11/04 at 01:35:03 »
Quote Quote

I've actually leveled a few mages (One to 25, one to 30 and one to 28) so I think I have legitament grounds to complain on.

• I don't mind mages HP too much (although it could be better).
  • I feel that their mana costs/maximum mana are over/under what they should be, respectively.
  • I think there should be a larger variety of rings/amulets that are purely mage-only.
  • I'd like to see more spells that do a variety of things.

That's all I can think of now. If more thoughts hit me, I'll post again.
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 02/11/04 at 02:14:57 »
Quote Quote

Wow I can't even get my mage to lvl 23 and I am a mage lover who plays fantasy games for the mages mostly and I almost only play fantasy games.
IP Logged

Vengence

Email

« Reply #27 on: 02/11/04 at 02:35:59 »
Quote Quote

So far, every game I have played BESIDES nightmist, mages own...they are usually the best class...in nightmist they suck...horribly...
IP Logged
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: 02/11/04 at 03:59:30 »
Quote Quote

When I had Mip, he could hold his own against a lot of fighters (with his AoP).

Mip could even take down some rangers and the occassional thief (if he were lucky).

They didn't suck per se, just...got left behind?
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: 02/11/04 at 17:12:39 »
Quote Quote

on 02/11/04 at 01:35:03, Mip wrote:
  • I don't mind mages HP too much (although it could be better).
  • I feel that their mana costs/maximum mana are over/under what they should be, respectively.
  • I think there should be a larger variety of rings/amulets that are purely mage-only.
  • I'd like to see more spells that do a variety of things.

::nods::
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 02/13/04 at 02:45:17 »
Quote Quote

I am in agreement with Mip on this one but I have campaigned for over a year (well except for the time I left) but the staff just don't learn.
IP Logged

Vagabond
New_Zealand 

R€ñ€G@Ѐ

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 02/16/04 at 12:38:14 »
Quote Quote

Stop ya moaning, if mages suck so much dont bother getting one i personally find my lvl 29 very useful.

For those who think they should be easier to train EAT ME!!! at least there is 1 class that you actually have to have major patience and even some skill to train.. as well as gold for mana.
IP Logged

Vãg@BøÑd, THùÑЀ®J@, €XPØrT, ÑØM@Ð, CH@mP@Gñ€, JûGG€®Ñ@ÚT, Br€@K€R ingame
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 02/16/04 at 17:54:20 »
Quote Quote

You know what, if there is no point to the class because it is hard to train because it is too feeble then why is it there? Druids used to suck but were given a makeover and now are good do the same for mages please.
IP Logged

Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: 02/17/04 at 02:28:53 »
Quote Quote

on 02/16/04 at 17:54:20, Silverwizard wrote:
You know what, if there is no point to the class because it is hard to train because it is too feeble then why is it there? Druids used to suck but were given a makeover and now are good do the same for mages please.

Druids didn't suck, Druids were good, my 28 druid with hawk talon, before the update of them, pwned. Before the update, nobody really had any idea, next to noone had bothered to level one, and instead complained about them being too hard to train when they had no first hand experience. The problem with them was some of their spells were uselessly underpowered, and the morph system (which was 400% more entertaining/cooler than the current one) was a little expensive. A major problem was the lack of an impressive weapon for training before moving to the morning star, which was rectified by the Hawk Talon. That old druid of mine is now Illidian or whatever it's name is, belongs to Mark now.
« Last Edit: 02/17/04 at 02:45:34 by Deval » IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 02/17/04 at 03:00:48 »
Quote Quote

Exactly no one wanted to train them because it was nigh immpossible and yes I do run a druid, I bought a decent lvl 18 old druid for 13k I mean come on that is nothing. The mage has no decent weapon because it is cancled out by the mana they need.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.