Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - my mage ideas »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 13:56:45

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   my mage ideas
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: my mage ideas  (Read 597 times)
alicia

View Profile

my mage ideas
« on: 11/22/03 at 21:57:29 »
Quote Quote

(repost from another topic)

Orcs actually giving xp would be nice...  

heres some things i thought of which might make me use a mage for more than just when one is needed to complete an area or to taxi thieves along:  

Lvl 10 and L30 attacking spell  

Party magic shield (cast on party, long lasting, gives much better chance of resisting/counterspelling magic attacks, maybe based on the characters int, making this stat useful for everyone)  

Dispell spell (cast on individual, removes all spells, including the one mentioned above, no chance of resisting)  

Wis enhancer (high level spell, cast on a character, give temp +2 to wis)  
IP Logged
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

Re: my mage ideas
« Reply #1 on: 11/23/03 at 12:06:26 »
Quote Quote

i agree altough i wouldnt like mages to become easy to train so i'd say no to lvl 10 attackin spell
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 11/23/03 at 12:32:22 »
Quote Quote

It won't make them EASY to train, just easier. They'd still have low hp and low stam.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 11/23/03 at 18:00:04 »
Quote Quote

okay then i dont want mages to become easier to train...

happy?
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 11/23/03 at 20:41:52 »
Quote Quote

Not really. Mages suck, so why bother making them hard to train?
IP Logged

Monte
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 11/23/03 at 21:29:58 »
Quote Quote

Mages dont suck, for those who are willing to train them they are quite worth-while in the end. Ill admit that they seem impossible to train until about lvl 15 or so, but they arent meant to be an easy crit. Its a challenge. If you want an easy magic-user go with druids, because mages are for more patient players.
IP Logged

Monte or sephirothx ingame.
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 11/24/03 at 09:30:33 »
Quote Quote

I have a fairly high level Mage. I've also had him for a decent length of time now.

I've seen Mages pre-reset blow anything in their path away. I've seen Mages with timing actually kill things. AoP has been nerfed majorly, they get resisted and fizzle way too much for a master magic user, and mana costs are stupid.

It's costs shed loads of gold to maintain a mage through various things. They get hit very hard, so pots are a must, however using pots restricts your mana amount so you can't use a mage effectively.

Mages spell Devastate has already been nerfed and hasn't even been brought to the game properly. Clerics have had the cure to Devastate in Divine Restoration for about 18 months or so now. Which is less than 50% mana cost of a poxy Beam spell.

Also Mages armor can be spelled up, great...it's less than druids. Healers out heal 1 heal to ever 2 beams, if they don't resist/fizzle and at a rate of 26mp of Beam to 8mp of Heal. Thieves/Zerks attacks ignore armor. Rangers seem to penetrate Mages a lot more now, and sometimes Fighters get lucky. Druids also have a leeching wepon which takes away all Mages mana, and without mana they are worse than a lvl 5 fighter.

Anyone who can honestly say that Mages are good, is lying through their back teeth.
IP Logged
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 11/24/03 at 11:29:35 »
Quote Quote

on 11/23/03 at 21:29:58, Monte wrote:
Mages dont suck, for those who are willing to train them they are quite worth-while in the end. Ill admit that they seem impossible to train until about lvl 15 or so, but they arent meant to be an easy crit. Its a challenge. If you want an easy magic-user go with druids, because mages are for more patient players.

Mages are for new people who think 'ahh! magic class, there gonna rule' and then they train them.. level 30, cant even round ANYTHING. They stand no chance at all of killing anyone, unless its 9 levels below them. Even then its hard, Alter_Ego tried to kill my level 17 cleric.. and failed. That was with using beam as well.

Pre reset mages were amazing, but now there just crap.
IP Logged

Banned

Email

« Reply #8 on: 11/24/03 at 11:43:06 »
Quote Quote

But according to Pandi thats gonna change...or well they'll get some more anyways.
IP Logged
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 11/24/03 at 11:45:00 »
Quote Quote

lol, and how long ago did Pan say they'd get improved? A month? Two? Maybe even three? Dev was meant to come out ages ago, but that never happened either.
IP Logged

Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 11/24/03 at 12:43:31 »
Quote Quote

a few months ago mages were tweaked and my old Gnome Despair could round just about anything with 5 beams . . . then all of a sudden he was lucky to get 5 successive beams in a row  Undecided
IP Logged
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 11/24/03 at 20:33:49 »
Quote Quote

If a new player will start with a mage and get it to lvl 30 hes really good... *and if hes good then he doesnt need the lvl 10 attacking spell Wink *
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.