Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - MAGES SUCK!!! サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/24/24 at 16:05:05

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   MAGES SUCK!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MAGES SUCK!!!  (Read 41025 times)
TheGreatMilenko

Email

MAGES SUCK!!!
« on: 10/10/03 at 18:13:25 »
Quote Quote

thats the truth about them at the minute

there dmg is to low for there spells the cost to much to run

there fizzle rates unreal and really pissed me off with an arch mage fizziling when its perf stats for class

this class really need to be looked at by staff and tweeked

there AoP was a main advantage to them but with thieves and zerkers they stand no chance

cause assassinate and smite are not affected by armour so i've heard which i prolly believe considering that zerkers can click me with smite even when not spelled which sucks nutz  

they have also supposed to have released Devastate which was to come out around the same time as Devine Restoration but nearly 14 months later still no new attack spell for mages

yet all other classes that were grossly under powered were looked at and mage stronger

i.e Druids and Thieves both were updated thieves ages ago and druids being last not that long ago now most of these classes have an area in the game designed for them and based for them what the hell have mages got?  They got nothing designed specifcally for them  

one i would like to see some staff have a say in what they think and there reason for nothing having been designed for mages to do
IP Logged
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

Re: MAGES SUCK!!!
« Reply #1 on: 10/10/03 at 21:30:41 »
Quote Quote

heh.. completly true.. i also wonder what does vortex do... cuz right now nothing
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Melfice
United_Kingdom 

Minion of teh fluff!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 10/12/03 at 14:56:11 »
Quote Quote

Vortex gate transports you to another place if you are standing on certain, rare sqaures. I think I'll let you work out where to go yourself  Tongue
IP Logged

Let me show you my real power!
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 10/13/03 at 16:24:00 »
Quote Quote

yeah, what a magic! i ll rather logg off and log on to get the same effect without wasting mana or... should i maybe become a scroll of vortex seller?? i heard u can make milions doing that
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Outsider

Email

« Reply #4 on: 10/13/03 at 16:32:19 »
Quote Quote

on 10/13/03 at 16:24:00, Snowy wrote:
yeah, what a magic! i ll rather logg off and log on to get the same effect without wasting mana or... should i maybe become a scroll of vortex seller?? i heard u can make milions doing that

Logging of and on doesnt have the same affect.......
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 10/13/03 at 16:41:42 »
Quote Quote

True, logging off and on takes you back to local. Vortex Gate takes you to Boars Tusk.

Totally agree with what has been said here. Don't really feel the need to add more because most of my thoughts are plastered around the forums anyway.

Milenko, I tried before. There's only 1 person you gotta convince and he only listens to himself. So it's a losing battle.
IP Logged
Outsider

Email

« Reply #6 on: 10/13/03 at 16:52:01 »
Quote Quote

on 10/13/03 at 16:41:42, Eternyte wrote:
True, logging off and on takes you back to local. Vortex Gate takes you to Boars Tusk.

Only when u logg on a boss square (or close too). But there are other squares where vortex gate works.
IP Logged
TheGreatMilenko

Email

« Reply #7 on: 10/13/03 at 17:02:12 »
Quote Quote

on 10/13/03 at 16:41:42, Eternyte wrote:

Totally agree with what has been said here. Don't really feel the need to add more because most of my thoughts are plastered around the forums anyway.

Milenko, I tried before. There's only 1 person you gotta convince and he only listens to himself. So it's a losing battle.

thing is the dont listen the better every other class and make the under classes go further under slowly pushing them to the point there not used as much
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 10/14/03 at 18:05:01 »
Quote Quote

yep they suck, they need to fizzle less, and mana costs should be halved or something, they also need more hp (like 1 more each lvl)  

and vortex is needed to get to your guild for lvl 26-30 i think. (sure it's for 30 not sure if it's still for lower lvl's too) last time i leveled my mage was 18 months ago.

but vortex sucks Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Hydrilla

Snitches get Stiches

BwHuNtEr33
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 10/14/03 at 19:10:36 »
Quote Quote

I have lvled mages to lvl 29 (then sold) before they halfed xp in arenas once i achieved the blast spell and beam ,yes i did make enough to run out heal/man and back repeatedly ....i agree with Eternyte on everything he says ....and some of the other people have good points .

I'm currently just beginning a mage in 2 days its lvl 20 and since about lvl 15 i rarely fizzle...but that is just random luck ...for now but you factor in fizzle rate and resist rate as a whole when in a duel or fight of any sort  with a player not a monster and it is nerve racking...but also ....the way i see it is dont settle for close but not quite stats ..be committed to training the mage ...have the funds to do it or train and use the gold for the mage only....this mage is good and will be better.

i'm gonna keep on training it ..lol...im not rich so i am devoted to training 5 crits at a time with the majority of my earnings going to my mage.....and when it reaches arch at least i'll know that im in the low percentile of arches out there ...i love rangers and thieves....fighters and those crits are so abundant id rather be an arch mage being looked over rather then a fighter or ranger..etc..

not to say one is better then the other ....everyone is so concerned with there wis when they roll or buy a crit...how many times a day do you witness people being beamed for a pkHuh  not as much as assassinate or smite or berserk or even storm wrath..just my opinion...mearly saying yes i would like a few more perks as a mage user but am going forth leveling regardless  Grin
IP Logged

Divine_Magic,Newb,
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 10/23/03 at 09:34:31 »
Quote Quote

I made a couple of small proposed changes a while back, if these get implemented then mages should become a little more interesting.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Melfice
United_Kingdom 

Minion of teh fluff!

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 10/24/03 at 00:23:36 »
Quote Quote

You want to let us into the secret of what these might be?  Wink
IP Logged

Let me show you my real power!
Cosworth

Email

« Reply #12 on: 10/24/03 at 09:15:13 »
Quote Quote

on 10/23/03 at 09:34:31, Pandilex wrote:
I made a couple of small proposed changes a while back, if these get implemented then mages should become a little more interesting.

things have been supposed to be comming for mages for over a year were still waiting and nothing to have been seen apart from arena exp changed and area exp changed where mages used to train when they were still hard to lvl but not half as hard as they are now
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: 10/24/03 at 12:16:47 »
Quote Quote

on 10/23/03 at 09:34:31, Pandilex wrote:

i don't think "a little more" is enough Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Metatron
Northern_Ireland 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 10/24/03 at 15:58:33 »
Quote Quote

I like the sound of dispel mogh give them an edge over pallys and druids could also stop the target from being healed by spells as well ?
IP Logged

With ambitious aim against the throne and monarchy of God rais'd impious war in hev'n battle proud
~John Milton
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: 10/24/03 at 16:30:09 »
Quote Quote

Having dispel stop the target from being healed wouldn't really make it dispel now would it? dispel just nullifies any magic effects on the target and I think it should stay that way
IP Logged

Metatron
Northern_Ireland 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 10/24/03 at 16:36:35 »
Quote Quote

True but its just an idea, ideas can be changed  Grin
IP Logged

With ambitious aim against the throne and monarchy of God rais'd impious war in hev'n battle proud
~John Milton
Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 10/25/03 at 19:44:26 »
Quote Quote

on 10/24/03 at 15:58:33, Maltakano wrote:
I like the sound of dispel mogh give them an edge over pallys and druids could also stop the target from being healed by spells as well ?

they already have a "edge" since they can make there stam regain faster so overtime they out damage faster then the pally can heal
IP Logged
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 10/26/03 at 01:43:43 »
Quote Quote

Ya, now if only a Pallys 'Aid' and Mages 'Beam' had the same mana expense...  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

-=-ァトァナGノ-=-
Alterno
Bangladesh 

Keno Shikar Koro Dhukho Shob Chetonar Mul

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 10/26/03 at 22:05:08 »
Quote Quote

mages should get to use 'divine restoration' spell ... oh come on its magic too ...
IP Logged

Memo crit: Alterno
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.