Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Leech and adrenaline »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 05:39:34

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Leech and adrenaline
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Leech and adrenaline  (Read 1645 times)
Sauruman
USA 

Shall we shag now, or shag later?

Lord_CyberDragon   LordGothicDragon
View Profile

Leech and adrenaline
« on: 09/09/03 at 00:31:12 »
Quote Quote

When cast on player/monster: You leeched a Brown Bear/Dere for 50(or so) hit points.

Description: A lighter form of possesion taught by the high council of mages, this spell teaches mages to absorb the physcial strenght of their enemies while draining them of it as well. Although it makes their enemy signifcantly weaker, it doesn't have the ability to kill them.

Effect: Leeches 50-55 (or intel* 2, 2.5), until character/NPC has 1HP left.

Cost: 15/20 per cast, 10k for the spell and learned at lvl 23(with mana shroud)

Adrenaline

When cast: You cast Adrenaline on yourself, unleashing your potiential might.

Description: A lengend once told of a mage that started off as a physician, working close with the mortal body. Over time, he found ways to trigger natural occurances through the form of spells. It was fabled that the had the power to unlease his adrenaline, but he was killed somewhere near the Gnoll fortress the scroll was never seen for a long time.

Cause: All stamina is drained at first, then their stamina is doubled for their next run. (i.e., if a mage has 3 stam, it will all drain then when it replenishes he has 6 stam. The next time it replinishes it's 3)

Cost: 50MP, 10k, lvl 25/28, can only be cast on self.
IP Logged

The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

Re: Leech and adrenaline
« Reply #1 on: 09/09/03 at 19:04:47 »
Quote Quote

on 09/09/03 at 00:31:12, Sauruman wrote:
Cause: All stamina is drained at first, then their stamina is doubled for their next run. (i.e., if a mage has 3 stam, it will all drain then when it replenishes he has 6 stam. The next time it replinishes it's 3)

Cost: 50MP, 10k, lvl 25/28, can only be cast on self.

Isn't that just like two normal full rounds?
IP Logged

Belgarion

== The Will and The Word ==

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 09/09/03 at 22:12:25 »
Quote Quote

I think they are both great ideas, but adrenaline maybe a bit overpowered, i mean imagine when the mage gets 5 stam, then throw in devastate, 10 hits of devastate in one round?
IP Logged

--=<Charcoal~Porkie~Limp~Scrounge~Gromit~Katch~Bracko~Junkie~Raith>=--
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 09/10/03 at 01:36:25 »
Quote Quote

/t Belgarion I kinda see what you mean, but then there's fizzles and resists, not to mention devestate is already been knocked down. Mages really to hit hard to compensate for having the lowest HP in the game. Not to mention an archmaster mage (and one with devestate) should strike fear in the hearts of those who challenge them, it takes too much work to get them to archie then be rewarded with halberd/sub-halberd damage.  /two cents.
IP Logged

Belgarion

== The Will and The Word ==

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 09/10/03 at 15:44:14 »
Quote Quote

I agree, an arch mage shud be the most powerful class considering the difficulty of training one (i trained one to lvl 23, and that was hard enough!).  And i completely agree that mages NEED something to make them much more powerful, ive been wanting something done for a long time, since in all games the mage class is my favourite.  But i just think being able to have two full rounds one after the other is just a little bit too much, think of it being used in conjunction with haste aswell, thats a lot of stam in a short period of time.  Maybe if it added two or three stamina it would be much more balanced?
IP Logged

--=<Charcoal~Porkie~Limp~Scrounge~Gromit~Katch~Bracko~Junkie~Raith>=--
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 09/11/03 at 05:49:57 »
Quote Quote

ITs perfectly balanced right now as his idea is... cant you see that?

You cast the spell, all your stam goes away, you wait 15 secs, get double stam once, then stam regens normal again.

So you use all your stam one round to get double next round....  

Now, when you look even closer, this could be abused. You could use the spell, get double stam, use the spell on double stam, rinse and repeat until you have thousands of stamina, macro your advanced mana crystals and go blast the hell out of every boss you can find.

Smiley
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Dank
USA 

A Friend with weed, is a friend indeed.

Decimus420
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 09/11/03 at 08:54:38 »
Quote Quote

Adrenaline will never be put in... why do you think they changed the way stam regenerates...?  
(A spell that leeches hp's.. hmm a vampiric poison interesting..)  
It's a good idea but wouldnt you wanna leech mana?
IP Logged

And not to pull your halo down,
Around your neck and tug you off your cloud
But I'm more than just a little curious
How you're planning to go about
Making your amends to the dead
To the dead
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #7 on: 09/11/03 at 16:00:02 »
Quote Quote

on 09/11/03 at 08:54:38, Dank wrote:

I wouldn't. Arch mages have more MP than HP, and in a fight they lose HP so much faster.
IP Logged
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 09/12/03 at 19:14:04 »
Quote Quote

Now, when you look even closer, this could be abused. You could use the spell, get double stam, use the spell on double stam, rinse and repeat until you have thousands of stamina, macro your advanced mana crystals and go blast the hell out of every boss you can find.

When trying to cast it with double stam: You are already using your Adrenaline.

Mephistroth's right, you're wrong. Cheesy J/K, but Druids have the mana leech attack, and if mages had it also then people would whine and cry that it's not up to par with druids, or the druids would complain that mages have it more powerful. And no offense, but it would be kinda wierd and hard to program a spell that uses mana to bring more back. What should really happen is have the mage's mana cost for spells knocked down, or have their effect raised.

P.S. You'd only be able to use that on magic users, and the majority of magic users have high wisdom (resists, little mana gain) and are hard to attack with spells as it is. No offense, I do see where you're coming from.
IP Logged

Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 09/12/03 at 19:18:08 »
Quote Quote

think of it being used in conjunction with haste aswell, thats a lot of stam in a short period of time.  

Um, using it with haste would really be nothing more than a mana waste. You have four stam. Once cast, all four stam is gone. Then up you pop with eight stam. You do an eight stam round, then you regenerate for four once more. Actually, three.
IP Logged

Dank
USA 

A Friend with weed, is a friend indeed.

Decimus420
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 09/16/03 at 09:53:52 »
Quote Quote

Yes, Thank You Sauruman. Mages could definetly use a reduction in mana cost!! But i think a mana leech for mages should also be put into affect. Not a spell that leeches mana, but a weapon. Mages str is never used, why not put in a staff that leeches some mana. In a duel, you run outta mana 'n get desperate and start hittin away with your mighty oak staff... Why not add a lil something more like a Demon's Staff or something that leeches some mana. Then you could wack away and hope to get enough mana to pull a Beam off =/

IP Logged

And not to pull your halo down,
Around your neck and tug you off your cloud
But I'm more than just a little curious
How you're planning to go about
Making your amends to the dead
To the dead
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 09/18/03 at 03:08:41 »
Quote Quote

on 09/16/03 at 09:53:52, Dank wrote:
Yes, Thank You Sauruman. Mages could definetly use a reduction in mana cost!! But i think a mana leech for mages should also be put into affect. Not a spell that leeches mana, but a weapon. Mages str is never used, why not put in a staff that leeches some mana. In a duel, you run outta mana 'n get desperate and start hittin away with your mighty oak staff... Why not add a lil something more like a Demon's Staff or something that leeches some mana. Then you could wack away and hope to get enough mana to pull a Beam off =/

i use hydra thorn, much more effective
IP Logged
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 09/18/03 at 04:46:37 »
Quote Quote

on 09/18/03 at 03:08:41, Ice_Cold wrote:

i use hydra thorn, much more effective

How is a hydra thorn at all effective?   the chance of poisoning is so slim now it makes the weapon pointless
IP Logged
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 09/19/03 at 05:54:16 »
Quote Quote

on 09/18/03 at 04:46:37, Despair wrote:

How is a hydra thorn at all effective?   the chance of poisoning is so slim now it makes the weapon pointless

because an oak staff will let you do, what, 15 damage max? use a hydra and if your lucky, 1 in 10 chance isnt too high, you'll be doing 30 poison, unless you were talking about training and not dueling
IP Logged
Galatae

shh! gowna hunt wabbits!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 12/10/03 at 13:19:44 »
Quote Quote

i agree.

Mages need a mana leech weapon. The only thing they have atm that has leech is Spider Staff, which combined with mages natural inability to melee is pointless, and the Cobalt Staff.

might be another special item out there, but I'm unaware of it.
IP Logged
Id

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 01/09/04 at 16:45:33 »
Quote Quote

how about making 'leech' more like the poison effect...
ie...  5 damage every second over a period of 10 secs
just a thoughts...

and btw... what do you guys think of a new spell for mage that use all their stam, large amount of mp to do one massive damage  - when cast it the chance to fizzle is decrease to half-  kinda like assassinate in a sence.
IP Logged

I told you we were facing the wrong way!
Don't underestimate the power of a dark clown.
-Trippin' the Rift-
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 01/10/04 at 23:01:17 »
Quote Quote

I don't agree with that.. just seems like ANOTHER one click ability, and theres so many of them in game... Rapid fire, assassinate, berserk, smite...

Anyway, back to leech...

Leech
Level 29
Cost: 20 mana and your stamina comes back at 2 rather than 3.
Effect: Every 1 second you leech 1 mana and 1 hp.

Not sure if this would be too powerful/too weak, but the numbers could easily be changed.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Id

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 01/11/04 at 07:30:34 »
Quote Quote

the problem with this is that...would it sill work if the player move to a different square? since it steal hp/mp over a period of time? the player would move to the next square then move back.  The mage would waste a bunch of mana.

if it affects the player even when he move then what if 5 mages cast the same thing on the same player ... correct me if I'm wrong, but that player is screw no matter where he runs lol.  Or say...a bunch of mage come up to you and cast it..then run =P...*actually you can log but that's not really the point*
IP Logged

I told you we were facing the wrong way!
Don't underestimate the power of a dark clown.
-Trippin' the Rift-
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 01/11/04 at 10:39:22 »
Quote Quote

Hmm, cost 20 mana and it lasts for a minute, even if the player runs away? lol
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
World
England 

Page/Memo me on World

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 01/11/04 at 20:51:13 »
Quote Quote

ner a minute would get you 60 mana and 60hp should be like 1hp and 2 mp and a weapon for mages should have like 0.9 mana leech as they do low damage neway
IP Logged

Page or Memo me on World
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.