Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - AoP »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 12:04:15

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   AoP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: AoP  (Read 1387 times)
Pile

Email

AoP
« on: 06/21/03 at 11:25:44 »
Quote Quote

I’ve never really played a mage before so I didn’t know the set-up for Aura of Protection and I was surprised to find it is dependent on how much armour you already have. Do people not consider this to be unfair in so much that it’s biased towards decked crits? Surely it would be better to have it as a fixed increase or dependent on stats, so that richer players still see the benefits of items but only for the base armour that they actually carry. I’m not saying that its armour should be dropped but it just doesn’t seem quite right that you will get around 80 armour if you don’t have any items, but 140 if you can spare 2 million in gold. Apologies if I’ve crossed issues that have been covered before but I’m new to the whole mage experience Wink.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

Re: AoP
« Reply #1 on: 06/21/03 at 12:12:52 »
Quote Quote

Yes it does seem unfair. However, to get AoP in the first place you need to have a party of arches. Secondly if your gonna buy it, it will cost you about 400k.

If your gonna say ok lets give AoP a base armor of 120ac+. Then players with basic mage equip would have 150ac. Which might be fairer towards them.
However players with all the equip have 176ac or so. Then more players would whine about mages.

Even thought mages atm are probably the weakest class. Due the their cost, difficulty, and the fact they dont have any spells to increase their damage by double. Like the attacking classes with Enhance and Righteous Fury.

Lots of the things in the game dont seem fair. Lots of things are posted about. Very few of these things actually get changed.
IP Logged
Harath

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 06/21/03 at 12:20:37 »
Quote Quote

I bought AoP for 200k, guess you pay to much.

I think it would be a good idea for AoP to give you a set amount. The mages with extra equip would still get a big bonus, but it wouldn't make players who can't afford to spend 2 mill gold useless. Without any extra equip AoP is useless, mages still get rounded by most classes.
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #3 on: 06/21/03 at 22:48:33 »
Quote Quote

My intention was to have it so that a decked mage would still have the 140 armour, not more. Simply alter AoP to give the fixed increase of 84 armour; a fully equipped mage would still have 140 armour and one with basic equipment would get 116 (?). All it would mean is that the extra items only give the armour base that they are listed for, and the benefits of owning these items would be in proportion to their worth for other classes.  

I appreciate that lots of things don’t seem fair and get posted about, but I personally hadn’t read anything about it before and I was just quite surprised how AoP worked. I am in the process of equipping my mage so hopefully I will have the 140 armour anyway; it just seems to me that an arch mage without items wouldn’t really benefit much from AoP (in relation to armour gain, mana cost, and time it lasts).

EDIT: hmm that was a pretty stupid thing I said. Any mage would clearly benefit from 2.5 x armour but I guess I just mean in proportion to what can be gained.    
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.