Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Just an Idea »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 04:35:58

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Just an Idea
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just an Idea  (Read 573 times)
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

Just an Idea
« on: 05/21/03 at 07:40:52 »
Quote Quote

Was thinking up of new spells for a mage and was also thinking about mages disadvantage to mages. So i was thinking about maybe a spell that would lower the opponents wisdom? maybe allowing them to beam for more...Don't know what the spell could be called but like the post says. Just an idea  Tongue
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

Re: Just an Idea
« Reply #1 on: 05/21/03 at 09:57:59 »
Quote Quote

Yes this is a good idea, but it shouldn't be lowered by more than 2.It should cost a nice chunk of mana to cast as well.
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 05/21/03 at 11:19:59 »
Quote Quote

Not exactly reduce the other persons stats literally lol....i meant kinda of like divine light reduces the opponents chance to hit, but it dont literally bring down your stats. So kind of like just make them less resistant to magical spells.
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Exor
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 05/21/03 at 11:46:03 »
Quote Quote

Oooh I see.That sounds better lol
IP Logged

Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 05/21/03 at 11:55:06 »
Quote Quote

it's a good idea Cheesy mages need something like that (or bring the slow spell back lol)

just don't know of a good name either Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Exor
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 05/21/03 at 11:58:56 »
Quote Quote

Don't even bring up that cursed slow spell!!!* Exor slaps jurian!
IP Logged

Mordakai

Email

« Reply #6 on: 05/28/03 at 22:41:01 »
Quote Quote

That spell rocked, but was annoying at the same time.. I remember being the last person left in a mosh vs Ebony, with my level 28 mage.. slow really is a pain in the ass lol.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 05/28/03 at 23:43:18 »
Quote Quote

Didnt you think to cast Haste you twit. Since haste was the counter spell for Slow.
IP Logged
Mordakai

Email

« Reply #8 on: 05/29/03 at 00:25:47 »
Quote Quote

And then he casts slow again and with his extra stamina/mp he can cast it more, your pretty stupid aren't you.
IP Logged
King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #9 on: 05/29/03 at 02:29:38 »
Quote Quote

Now Now children.  Grin
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 05/29/03 at 08:12:23 »
Quote Quote

LOL...Slow cost more mp to cast then Haste. So if you just kept it up. You had a better chance of beating him. Also, didnt you think to cast Slow on him?

Also, obviously he was going to beat you. Not many people did stand up to Ebony. Although you could have prolonged the fight, and hoped he got d/c.

BUT...thats the old game, soooo...WHO CARES!!  Grin
IP Logged
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 05/29/03 at 09:51:41 »
Quote Quote

I was kinda looking for some feedback about my idea not people arguing.
IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 05/29/03 at 10:04:08 »
Quote Quote

great idea
IP Logged
Mordakai

Email

« Reply #13 on: 05/29/03 at 10:57:54 »
Quote Quote

on 05/29/03 at 08:12:23, Eternyte wrote:
LOL...Slow cost more mp to cast then Haste. So if you just kept it up. You had a better chance of beating him. Also, didnt you think to cast Slow on him?

Also, obviously he was going to beat you. Not many people did stand up to Ebony. Although you could have prolonged the fight, and hoped he got d/c.

BUT...thats the old game, soooo...WHO CARES!!  Grin

I get one stam back, then I cast haste, no more slow, but no more stam. Then with his stam he casts slow again, and then two more normal attack (we both had the spell on that stops spells from hurting you) This happens over and over, nothing I could do about it, I die. Sometimes I did wait for stamina though, that didn't really help much, still lost lol.

hehe, anyone remember my pic that had ebonys monkey, with a sniper scope thing being aimed at him? Tongue That pic ruled lol
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 05/29/03 at 16:20:31 »
Quote Quote

I dunno about your idea Chris. Every class against the same class balances out very well.
Mages on Mages are good fights, with the balance between pots and mana being paramount.

Also when a Mage fights a Mage. They are fizzles, partial resists, resists and counterspells.
With the added spell of reducing wisdom, or increasing a resist rate.
Once again Mage on Mage, both mages would cast it on each other making the duel balanced again (If I'm not clear on that point, ask and I shall elaborate).

Also the point your making would be to make Mages roundable by other Mages. I admit that a level 30 Mage should be able to take apart parties, and lower level mages with ease if used correctly.

I do think however, a vamparic spell, mana leech wepon etc. could be introduced so a little more thought and tactics would need to be used with Mage duels.

On a side note to Mordakai. If you had also casted slow, and used haste and use 1/2 stamina to attack you'd have both been equal. However I understand he had 1 more stamina. So eventually he would have won, unless throughout the mosh he used more pots and mana. Then you could have won.
IP Logged
Mordakai

Email

« Reply #15 on: 05/29/03 at 17:18:58 »
Quote Quote

And my mage had pretty poor stats lol, I was training up a new one at the time with seriously good stats though.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.