Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Thief Class Discussion »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 15:48:51

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Thief Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Thief Class Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thief Class Discussion  (Read 3700 times)
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

Re: Thief Class Discussion
« Reply #20 on: 11/28/03 at 02:09:27 »
Quote Quote

That's what I was getting at. I guess I didn't word it too well. It would solve the powertraining "problem" and allow Thieves to steal like they should. If you want to powertrain your Thieves, the go right ahead. It will still be a monotonous task, just a longer monotonous task.

And by stealing % I meant successful chance to steal. Not how much stolen. If the amount stolen was increased, that would make it a lot harder to powertrain as well.
IP Logged

dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 11/28/03 at 07:10:45 »
Quote Quote

that doesn't make sense either because powertraining is best done on monsters that are easy to steal from, only a fool would powertrain on something that they can't steal from often. it's like when you're training on bears, how does raising the success rate affect you? after level 6 you can steal often enough for powertraining to be worthwhile.

just restoring thieves to thier former abilities is good enough. it makes powertraining a little harder, but most importantly makes stealing usefull for things other than powertraining. things like robbing people.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
ethereal_chant

.: It all fell for her :.

ethereal_chant   ethereal+chant
View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: 11/29/03 at 06:41:05 »
Quote Quote

Make the able to steal items like potions or crystals, and mabye weapons and armor.When they are level 30 they should have a 1% chance to steal a equiped armor or weapon.
IP Logged

I'm growing impatient drawing the blood of the masochist, I wait for you, the sadist, if it's possible, with a poison kiss..
Silex

Email

« Reply #23 on: 11/29/03 at 07:12:53 »
Quote Quote

on 11/26/03 at 19:43:44, dognapot wrote:
call me crazy but when thieves are changed it sucks, so changes should be at a severe minimum.

1. make stealing the equivalent to what it was around spring 2001.

2. remove armor from the equation when assassinate is done while covert.

3. leave everything else alone! for the love of god!

seriously, thieves don't need alot of improvement and whenever they're tinkered with, things go too far in any direction and take forever to be resolved (i.e. stealing). so please, don't go fixing things that aren't broken.

-not sure what steal was way back when but now that the thief is gone from the malok area it sure as hell is useless seeing as it never really works well to use on other players and no one ever does it and all it does is get me from lvl 10 to lvl 21 real quick.

-assassinate idea i agree with, although i am pretty sure it basically ignores armor as it is, i think it should only entirly ignore armor while the thief is covert and maybe only 40-75% ignored when they're visible.  Making it his more or less doesnt seem needed, and hitting for less ammounts makes it not much of an assassination type of thing, it should be how it is.

-moving covert should be easier, much easier, for high lvl thieves.

-they should have atleast as much armor as a ranger, take some away from rangers or add it to thieves is all that makes sense to me.
IP Logged
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 11/29/03 at 10:01:39 »
Quote Quote

I dont think they should be able to steal equiped weapons/armors/items, but they should be able to steal stuff that are in ur inv. For ppl who say its not fair, it wont change that much, u dont have valuabe stuff in ur inv that often do u, and if u do then if u die u will drop em anyways, besides it would make 'thieves' to thieves. Oh.. it could be a different ability and it should be easier to spot a thief taking ur items then cash.
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Big_Tymer666

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 11/30/03 at 04:11:14 »
Quote Quote

Stealing should just stay how it is for powertraining cause why would u steal someones gold when u can just assassinate them and get the gold anyay? And u guys are trying to get so many improvments on theives to help them indivdualy..theives are more of a team class. If u have one expert theif most likely ur not gonna kill a expert fighter, berzerker or probaly not even a ranger.. but if u have like 3 of them then u could really own some people. I think theives should just stay the same cause i dont see anything wrong with them as long as they are a group.
IP Logged
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 11/30/03 at 07:12:57 »
Quote Quote

Thats why stealing has to be better, to make ppl use the crit as a 'thief' not an 'assasin' or change thier name. Also.. if someone is better then you and u know u cant just assasinate him, then u steal.  
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Carpe_Noctem
Sweden 

Like a moonshield

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 11/30/03 at 11:03:56 »
Quote Quote

First of all, I duel alot on my thief... I have noticed this.

On a zerker <wich has no armor> I have dealt 297 dmg unspelled several times, <I have also missed alot of times with my 23 dex thief on a 18 dex zerker>  
The zerker tends to hit me more than I hit it, even though I have 5 more dexterity <*shrugs*

I have hit rangers for 250 or something like that, in my 1250 duels against clannie rangers, And people tell me they don't believe that Assassinate get soaked by armor?

Anyone who has ever had a thief can notice the difference of a hit on a Zerker and a ranger <i.e.>

Further more thief AC is way to low, it's pretty useless for a crit who's supposed to be the equivalent of Rangers and Zerkers.

I'm not one of those who prefer running around with a Druid and 15 arch thieves in tow, Takes the entire idea out of this game, and it's just senseless slaughter. But let's face it anyone who knows todays thieves know they are useless for fighting with as only 1 alt.

I would like thieves to be able to compete, so cut the Armor soaked in Assassinates <it has to be something or Zerks are just badly scripted> Raise AC it's useless in moshes now a days when people say "Let's take out the thief, less AC" and then they die.
DON'T lower dmg the entire Idea of an assassinate is to kill people.
And if killing doesn't work with an "ASSASSINATE" <read the word, think of the meaning> then what's the point of that abillity.

Fighters can round stuff.... Zerkers can round stuff... Rangers can round stuff.

Make thieves able to round other stuff than adepts <and hardly adept zerkers get's clicked now a days>

Thanks for your time
IP Logged

"If no one see's me crying, so what's the reason to cry?"
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 11/30/03 at 11:34:29 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 11:03:56, Carpe_Noctem wrote:
Fighters can round stuff.... Zerkers can round stuff... Rangers can round stuff.

Make thieves able to round other stuff than adepts <and hardly adept zerkers get's clicked now a days

You really don't have any idea do you? Fighters.. rounding something? Not a chance lol

It seems to me like you think thieves should have their assassinate improved.. which seems pretty stupid to me. Assassinate is already just about right damage wise. The only problems I think it has have been mentioned earlier.

Thieves are fine. The only thing they need is the steal changed, and, imo anyway, the assassinate system needs a total change. But as nobody agrees with me on that I guess that won't be happening lol
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 11/30/03 at 11:42:51 »
Quote Quote

assasinate should be improved.. it makes funny dmg... Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 11/30/03 at 19:42:55 »
Quote Quote

Like I said, covert assassinates should do more damage
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 12/01/03 at 02:20:41 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 04:11:14, Big_Tymer666 wrote:
Stealing should just stay how it is for powertraining cause why would u steal someones gold when u can just assassinate them and get the gold anyay? And u guys are trying to get so many improvments on theives to help them indivdualy..theives are more of a team class. If u have one expert theif most likely ur not gonna kill a expert fighter, berzerker or probaly not even a ranger.. but if u have like 3 of them then u could really own some people. I think theives should just stay the same cause i dont see anything wrong with them as long as they are a group.

you have no idea how much fun it was to rob people, and you have no idea how much fun the game used to be before it became mandatory to have a D&D/final fantasy party for each individual player to get by.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: 12/01/03 at 03:20:46 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 04:11:14, Big_Tymer666 wrote:

If anything thieves should be a less-party oriented class.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 12/01/03 at 04:57:49 »
Quote Quote

Exactly...

All this talk of D&D, Im gonna go dig up my old D&D books....

Edit: wtf is dnd.... stupid brain
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Claw

Email

« Reply #34 on: 12/23/03 at 01:54:33 »
Quote Quote

DO NOTHING TO THIEFS!!!!!!
IP Logged
Haunted
Virgin_Islands 

Exit the dreams of full remorse

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 12/23/03 at 04:35:15 »
Quote Quote

Improve their stealing.
IP Logged

Sature the souls of a virgin land.
A nation on its knees by its own naive
beliefs. Feasting on the flesh of our starving
who­re. Idly looking on as it bites once
more.
Claw

Email

« Reply #36 on: 12/23/03 at 13:30:30 »
Quote Quote

on 12/23/03 at 04:35:15, Haunted wrote:
Improve their stealing.

Now that would be nice i guess  Tongue
IP Logged
Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 12/26/03 at 22:42:27 »
Quote Quote

make it so they steal more and can steal from dif monsters on a square (not just the top one)

and its harder to spot them while moveing covert
IP Logged
Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 01/13/04 at 12:43:10 »
Quote Quote

1) Inventory Stealing i think is a good idea, the point I would like to raise is...... Monsters drop items, surely then these items are classed as in their inventory?? would this mean thieves would be able to steal Halberds etc? I think this would make thieves a very usefull comodity.
2) Covert is a great tool, I believe that the stamina effect should be less than it is now and for a 5 stamina thief they should be able to travel further.
3) The damage thing when covert is something that i believe needs working on. Assassinate to me suggests a hidden and surprise attack which causes anormous damage. So when covert i believe it should do exceptional damage. When out in the open its hard to believe that a thief can ask its aopponant to turn round and count to ten while i attack again. So while covert the damage should be high and attacks i believe should be singular rather than a 3 stamina or 5 stamina grouped attack when out in the open. Or if they are allowed 3 stamina attacks they should be lesser damage than covert
4) As for armour i am not sure which way to go. A thief is a shadow creature so doesnt exactly plan to be attacked therefore usually doesnt carry too much armour. However the way it is at the moment thiefs usually come off worse against open play attacks and this can be a problem. So maybe mythril or light armour that has decent protection might be a possiblity?

I use thieves more than others and i would love things to be more even and balanced. So any suggestions that are use im glad to give.

Tienno
IP Logged

If two cents is all i have, that's all i'll give. If i have more to give, bet your own last dollar ill give it.
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 01/14/04 at 01:01:17 »
Quote Quote

Totally agree with everything you said Tienno. But thieves should not be able to steal from monsters/bosses. I think armor is fine. As long as they're improved somewhere else. Like steal and assassinate when covert. But nothing will happen for awhile. *looks at pandilex's post in discussion*
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.