Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Dagger of Winds Vs. Spirits »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/24 at 13:27:26

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Thief Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Dagger of Winds Vs. Spirits
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dagger of Winds Vs. Spirits  (Read 1268 times)
Alterno
Bangladesh 

Keno Shikar Koro Dhukho Shob Chetonar Mul

View Profile

Dagger of Winds Vs. Spirits
« on: 11/10/03 at 20:24:23 »
Quote Quote

The Vampiric (and fairly expensive):

Library info for Dagger of the Winds:
Base damage: 20, Can be used by: thieves, Description: The main attraction of the Windia Weapon's shop. A golden blade coated in feathers that feels extremely light to hold and appears to be quite dangerous. The Windia people claim the dagger has been inbued with the power of wind, Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: No, Vamparic: 0.2, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

And the more common:

Base damage: 27, Can be used by: thieves, Description: This dagger was originally crafted as a ceremonial athame wielded by members of the Council of Mages during summonings and other large scale spellcastings. Stolen by members of the Scarlet Daggers, this piece was rumored to have been lost in a raiding party when the group was ambushed by one of the various creatures of the desert., Level needed to equip it: 28, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Alright which is better for an archmaster thief? And why?
IP Logged

Memo crit: Alterno
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Dagger of Winds Vs. Spirits
« Reply #1 on: 11/10/03 at 20:30:31 »
Quote Quote

spirits loads more damage. never seen anyone one click with a dow Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 11/11/03 at 17:32:38 »
Quote Quote

Dagger of the winds is a priceless training/fighting weapon for level 25-27 thieves but I'd never put one on anything over level 27 (not even for training as the extra 7 base damage counts for a lot)

IP Logged
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 11/11/03 at 21:47:22 »
Quote Quote

I used to use 6 thieves each with a DoTW. And i could almost train anywhere.. If i had 8 or 9 27+'s i could have trained in the desert with no cleric..
IP Logged

Amy
USA 

With each choice comes consequences

Amyofdraco
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 12/29/03 at 06:08:27 »
Quote Quote

Depends on what you wish to do with your thieves in my opinion.  If your main objective is to train, I would definately recommend the Dagger of the Winds.  They are well worth the cost and will pay for themselves in time.  I do use the Dagger of Spirits on short jaunts where the monster damage is little or if there is a cleric in my party, for the most part, I would stick with Dagger of the Winds on my teams regardless of level 25 or Arch.  

Good day to you,
Amy of Draco
IP Logged

Each path we have chosen led us to where we are. Each path we choose in the future will determine our destiny.
Limit
USA 

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 12/29/03 at 06:11:48 »
Quote Quote

the life leech wouldnt make up enough in a battle to beat dos. try it out though.. have someone duel ya.
IP Logged

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 12/29/03 at 15:16:36 »
Quote Quote

on 12/29/03 at 06:11:48, Bacardi wrote:
the life leech wouldnt make up enough in a battle to beat dos. try it out though.. have someone duel ya.

Tried and tested many a time in the Draco Keep. Spirits nearly always win over DoTW's in fights.
As for training, Amy is right, DoTW's are far far better than Spirits.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.