Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Abilities »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/01/24 at 22:58:35

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Thief Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Abilities
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Abilities  (Read 1078 times)
Starry
New_Zealand 

View Profile

Abilities
« on: 06/30/03 at 15:44:24 »
Quote Quote

Think, what does a real life thief steal? (i know i know, yes.. i'm bein realistic) they steal items as well as gold, they should have an ability that allows them to do so... or the gold and item one compined into one so the thief doesn't know what they'll be getting? because a thief in real life takes that risk of not getting what they set out for...
IP Logged

Cry me a god dammn river!
Metatron
Northern_Ireland 

View Profile

Re: Abilities
« Reply #1 on: 06/30/03 at 19:22:15 »
Quote Quote

this has been discussed before and was decided against but what i would like to see is an ability that allows you to see how much gold someone or thing is carrying
IP Logged

With ambitious aim against the throne and monarchy of God rais'd impious war in hev'n battle proud
~John Milton
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 07/01/03 at 08:19:26 »
Quote Quote

Thieves stealing items would absolutly suck (for players, not that i dont understand your idea), but i also think it'd be nice for thieves to be able to check how much gold something has...that way you could go around..maybe see the tax lord and not have to kill him for 0 gold, but then again..if your thief is any good a way to check how much gold someone or something has would be to steal once, gives you a general idea of how much is on them.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 10/05/03 at 16:00:07 »
Quote Quote

but maybe u dont wanna steal of someone if he has little gold: example:

I know a person, not that i am a good friend with him but his friendly while coverted in wilderness i meet him, he doesnt know of me around.. so i would like to steal from him if he has much gold, but if he has little it wont help me and it is not worth to do it cuz then i lose the friendship.  

If u know what i mean. Then the check ability would be nice.
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 10/06/03 at 18:07:31 »
Quote Quote

how would a thief know how much gold someone is holding on them? the ability akes no sense
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 10/06/03 at 21:02:41 »
Quote Quote

A check ability would be nifty.  Ice_cold, this wouldn't be the only ability that didn't make sense.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Outsider

Email

« Reply #6 on: 10/06/03 at 21:46:22 »
Quote Quote

í agree with Ice_Cold

And for Stotic, now ur saying this isnt the only ability that doesnt make sense, but yet staff use Ice_Cold's argument on almost every thread.

And if u wanne see how much money the got, drop them, should give u an answer.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 10/07/03 at 01:59:48 »
Quote Quote

Staff isn't based on one ideology.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 10/07/03 at 09:44:41 »
Quote Quote

on 10/06/03 at 21:46:22, Outsider wrote:
And if u wanne see how much money the got, drop them, should give u an answer.

But what if you want to role play a thief, not an assassin.. It may not be in your nature to kill another, but stealing may be seen as ok to you.
IP Logged

Outsider

Email

« Reply #9 on: 10/07/03 at 09:51:06 »
Quote Quote

on 10/07/03 at 09:44:41, alone wrote:

But what if you want to role play a thief, not an assassin.. It may not be in your nature to kill another, but stealing may be seen as ok to you.

Role-play? In NM? Rofl
IP Logged
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 10/07/03 at 16:58:18 »
Quote Quote

fine.. if u dont get it lets take it the way that people that slash their way around will understand it:

people can be divided into 2 groups those who u are anly to kill and those who u re not

the ppl u cant kill are stronger then u so u can DROP em so u steal from them

the one u can drop u will do it propobly
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Human

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 10/07/03 at 18:27:57 »
Quote Quote

on 10/07/03 at 16:58:18, Snowy wrote:
fine.. if u dont get it lets take it the way that people that slash their way around will understand it:

people can be divided into 2 groups those who u are anly to kill and those who u re not

the ppl u cant kill are stronger then u so u can DROP em so u steal from them

the one u can drop u will do it propobly

can you please SPELL out words, the use of just 1 letter in place of a word is horridly annoying
IP Logged
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 10/08/03 at 06:37:16 »
Quote Quote

"re" and "u"? well re is pretty sucky... but "u"? if thats too hard to read copy it to your word and change all "u"s to "you"s then read it... or dont read my posts
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: 10/08/03 at 20:40:04 »
Quote Quote

go u i hate ppl who get annoyed at people who abreviate(sp)
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 10/09/03 at 10:00:24 »
Quote Quote

Sorry to carry on with the off-topic posting.

But i think the main point of actually spelling right, and using correct grammar, is that you'll gain more respect on the forum, and people will read through your posts and not just see some fool who feels the need to miss afew letter.

Obviously, carry on as you are, but people will look at you differently if you actually try.
IP Logged

Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 10/09/03 at 16:34:18 »
Quote Quote

man, i dont have anything against u or something but i dont give a nuts what "ppl" will think about me, and the ppl i know and care about are not anoyed about missing a "a" in are.  

EDIT: But heh.. thanx for ur advice
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 10/09/03 at 20:41:11 »
Quote Quote

on 10/09/03 at 10:00:24, alone wrote:
Sorry to carry on with the off-topic posting.

But i think the main point of actually spelling right, and using correct grammar, is that you'll gain more respect on the forum, and people will read through your posts and not just see some fool who feels the need to miss afew letter.

Obviously, carry on as you are, but people will look at you differently if you actually try.

when i see people like you, i think of some 12 year old who thinks their cool because they abreviate such words as 'people' 'are' 'you' which really arent abreviations, just words missing letters. obviously, im not going to take a kid who cant spell out words completely over someone like, alone, seriously.
IP Logged
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 10/09/03 at 21:04:27 »
Quote Quote

Haha, try typing up a job resume like that, see if you'll get the job. Let's see you not care then. Bad typing is a habit, as well as good typing. Presenting yourself nicely will help you get places.

Alright, now back on topic. I would like to see Thieves be more involved in melee attacks. Obviously they are quite skilled with a knife, and they can use it to slash and stab. It shouldn't just be *assassinateassassinateassassinate*. They are quick and agile, much more so than ANY other class in Nightmist. They miss quite a lot when using regular attacks and don't really hit for much either. So basically what i'm getting at is raise melee damage/hit rate % and their dodge % too. Not in an overpowering way, but something that expresses their agility and cunning intellect.
IP Logged

alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 10/10/03 at 09:53:50 »
Quote Quote

on 10/09/03 at 20:41:11, ice_cold wrote:

when i see people like you, i think of some 12 year old who thinks their cool because they abreviate such words as 'people' 'are' 'you' which really arent abreviations, just words missing letters. obviously, im not going to take a kid who cant spell out words completely over someone like, alone, seriously.

When i first read it, i thought you were calling me a 12 year old kid.. You're not, right?
IP Logged

Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 10/10/03 at 14:36:32 »
Quote Quote

/t ice_cold and when i see ppl like u i think of my teacher, look dude type as u want but i type ppl re and u cuz its quicker, maybe u dont have anything else to do then type but i do so plz... let me type ppl re and u.....
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.