Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - How about this tasty lick?!?! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/18/24 at 07:34:38

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   How about this tasty lick?!?!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How about this tasty lick?!?!  (Read 1986 times)
Xien Pk
USA 

<<<Picture made by Xien>>>

View Profile WWW Email

How about this tasty lick?!?!
« on: 02/20/04 at 01:16:47 »
Quote Quote

(The subject is a quote from SNL...)

Okay, A New Race:

==============================================

Name: Broken Angel

Max-Stats: Str: 20. Int: 13. Dex: 20. Con: 19. Wis: 16. Cha: 19.  

Min-Stats: Str: 08. Int: 09. Dex: 10. Con: 06. Wis: 07. Cha: 05. (Lower than most other races, so that there is an even lower % that you'd get 'perfect stats' for this race).  

Classes: Cleric, Paladin, Fighter, Druid, Pacifist.

Backstory: Were outcast from the heavens for a sin they commited afterlife... They have come to Nightmist to try and repay for their sins, and restore their status in heaven. They will do this by any means nessesary, except the killing of annother humanioid (They can not attack Players). And thus, people do not wish to strike them either, for they fear what may happen if they do (They cannot be attacked either). Thus making them a new race that is indaviual, and I belive needed by many people who wish to play the game of Nightmist, but without the stress of being killed... also some people think that Female Angels are totaly sexy... but thats just a small servay... (that I find correct...)

-------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading, and I (as I always will be) sorry for the legnth of this.

-----Xien~Pk

This was made as a group effort by the following people; Jurian, Deval, Wolfgang, myself, and all of my Friends that encouraged me to write this up... (mostly Zak).  
IP Logged

[move]"Gotta get up to get down"
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

Re: How about this tasty lick?!?!
« Reply #1 on: 02/20/04 at 02:27:55 »
Quote Quote

on 02/20/04 at 01:16:47, Xien Pk wrote:

Max-Stats: Str: 20. Int: 13. Dex: 20. Con: 19. Wis: 16. Cha: 19.

Renders human fighers and zerks useless, and makes a hard hitting paladin, which speaking for myself, I would most likely use over a human.... Actually, that renders every human in my account redundant Undecided

This was made as a group effort by the following people; Jurian, Deval, Wolfgang, myself, and all of my Friends that encouraged me to write this up... (mostly Zak).  
[/size]

Uhm... Thanks for acknowledging me and all, but you must have me confused with someone else, I don't have any recollection discussing this, and I wouldn't have approved of those stats. Sorry man.. Undecided

Maybe you could try to think up some ways to improve on half elves? The enthusiam you display is good to see.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/20/04 at 03:40:46 »
Quote Quote

How's this looking?

==============================================

Name: Broken Angel

Max-Stats: Str: 19. Int: 12. Dex: 20. Con: 19. Wis: 15. Cha: 18.  

Min-Stats: Str: 08. Int: 09. Dex: 10. Con: 06. Wis: 07. Cha: 05.

(Lower than most other races, so that there is an even lower % that you'd get 'perfect stats' for this race).
-------------------------------------------------------

Let me know if the stats are better (re-read the quote...  I edited that part.)
IP Logged

Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/20/04 at 15:39:11 »
Quote Quote

Correction:

This was made as a group effort by the following people; Jurian, Wolfgang, myself, and all of my Friends that encouraged me to write this up... (mostly Zak).  

that better?  even though now you just helped by saying that the stats were too high... so...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++========+++++++++++
Let's revert that list back to how it was:

IP Logged

Thrice

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/20/04 at 17:34:12 »
Quote Quote

'Broken Angel' Doesn't seem fitting.
IP Logged

Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/20/04 at 17:43:20 »
Quote Quote

ugh... no just no this is far to over powered 20 str 20 dex 19 con this is like a over powered ling  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Magnus

-×»Mägñûs«×-

None.   Stnr4Lf20
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 02/20/04 at 18:31:27 »
Quote Quote

*agrees with rappy_ninja* Indeed it does.
IP Logged

-×»Mägñûs«×-
Wolfgang
USA 

P|-|33|2 /\/\y 14c|< 0F 833|2

DeadKennedy5569
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/20/04 at 19:53:33 »
Quote Quote

the broken angel idea doesnt seem to fit. Wouldnt a broken angel lack the ability to attack? Just the idea of an angel being pure and holy wouldnt be able to attack, but the word "broken" implies that its fallen. That is no longer pure. *shrug*

I'm not sure i agree with this either.
Think about it... with the races, their stats are balanced so that it actually reflects something about the race. IE, Elfs high wisdom, gnomes hi int. and just... blah. The stats of the race represent something about them. However, you do not seem to realize this.

Angels are supposed to be powerful, wise, impossible to kill, and either beautiful or hideous (a good argument could be made for each. "why else would they say 'do not be afraid' whenever they appear to people?").

And if you did post an angel with stats that matched a general description of one... you'd have something that is disturbingly ubalanced. IE... 30 30 30 30 30 30, and a min of like 22 22 22 22 22 22 or something like that. And thats just not right.

Rethink your idea.
IP Logged

I NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL, PLEDGE ALLEGEANCE -Propagandhi
IG: Wolfgang, Captain Rehab
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/20/04 at 20:22:49 »
Quote Quote

ok so you want a race that cant be pk'ed instead of a class that can't be pk'ed?  

woiuldn't it be the same and maybe even better to jsut give everybody the option when he/she creates a crit to chose to be either pk or non pk? (for healers this would mean no healing others either if they are nonpk) so all races/classes have this option withouth having to screw around withs tats again?

with this class i would jsut get a two pallies with aid and just use them for healing since they can't be killed anyway?

IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/21/04 at 04:40:38 »
Quote Quote

on 02/20/04 at 19:53:33, Wolfgang wrote:
the broken angel idea doesnt seem to fit. Wouldnt a broken angel lack the ability to attack? Just the idea of an angel being pure and holy wouldnt be able to attack, but the word "broken" implies that its fallen. That is no longer pure. *shrug*

I'm not sure i agree with this either.
Think about it... with the races, their stats are balanced so that it actually reflects something about the race. IE, Elfs high wisdom, gnomes hi int. and just... blah. The stats of the race represent something about them. However, you do not seem to realize this.

Angels are supposed to be powerful, wise, impossible to kill, and either beautiful or hideous (a good argument could be made for each. "why else would they say 'do not be afraid' whenever they appear to people?").

And if you did post an angel with stats that matched a general description of one... you'd have something that is disturbingly ubalanced. IE... 30 30 30 30 30 30, and a min of like 22 22 22 22 22 22 or something like that. And thats just not right.

Rethink your idea.

WTF!!1  You're going back & foth about what I should do with this class...  It seems like you want me to max out the stats, while lowering them greatly!  And then arange them as to how an angel should be... well, FYI, I did concider how an angel would be, but I then had to limet them down because they were too strong, but then that was not enough, so I lowered them again... wtf...  
* Xien Pk looks confused...

I think the stats work because the low's are lower than most, so it'd be very rare to get even a 3-stat'ed angel...

Oh, and I can change the name to Fallen Angel, or just Angel... whatever...

And, they attack because they are beating off the 'evil' monsters, and that is also why they don't attack other players / get attacked...
IP Logged

Magnus

-×»Mägñûs«×-

None.   Stnr4Lf20
View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 02/21/04 at 04:48:20 »
Quote Quote

Just drop the discussion of this race.. it's obvious that staff isn't looking for any new ones at the moment and this is not going to be put in.
IP Logged

-×»Mägñûs«×-
Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/21/04 at 04:58:19 »
Quote Quote

on 02/20/04 at 20:22:49, Jurian wrote:
ok so you want a race that cant be pk'ed instead of a class that can't be pk'ed?  

woiuldn't it be the same and maybe even better to jsut give everybody the option when he/she creates a crit to chose to be either pk or non pk? (for healers this would mean no healing others either if they are nonpk) so all races/classes have this option withouth having to screw around withs tats again?

with this class i would jsut get a two pallies with aid and just use them for healing since they can't be killed anyway?

I like this idea, but it always gets shot down when I, or sombody else suggests it.  (Because they would do what you said you'd do... And that it's not 'realistic')

But then I say back to that: "Just give those crits the think that Pacifists have (can't be loged w/ more than one at a time.)  But also have it so they can be loged on with eachother (Multiple ppl not geting Pk'ed, or ppl that do Pk, one or the other... and it's up to them.)"
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.