Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - /afk blah/alts »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/24 at 09:50:52

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   /afk blah/alts
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: /afk blah/alts  (Read 2636 times)
Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ίλη’π

View Profile Email

/afk blah/alts
« on: 02/18/04 at 09:43:55 »

as topic suggests, it gives all the logged on alts the afk of blah. i was just afking 23crits then, and realised it would be cool if there was a command like this that would afk all the crits quickly (could also be just like the /clan position crit1 crit2 tag blah) anyway get back to me on what ya think

thanks,
S3it0*
IP Logged

Dunkler_Engel/Healer/Cylena/Kalee/Tolv/Meadow/Charisma/Dark_Elfen_One/Emerge/ + A lot more
deadman
USA 

View Profile

Re: /afk blah/alts
« Reply #1 on: 02/18/04 at 11:54:52 »

agreed
IP Logged

Boron Or Eric_Cartman IN Game...
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/18/04 at 12:00:05 »

I've noticed a dramatic increase in the number of 'lazy man' ideas recently..
IP Logged

Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/18/04 at 12:55:46 »

lol since i consider myself an experts on handling alts, i suggest copy and past the afk message. which is faster then typing all your alts names Cheesy

liek copy and paste /afk making up stupid ideas.

and copy paste that to eacht crit so all you have to do is ctrl+v and enter and your crits is afk Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/18/04 at 13:01:36 »

/nod Jurian

I do the same, once you get used to doing it, it's actually much faster.
IP Logged

Fusion
USA 

None   ElDiAbLo142@aol.com
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 02/18/04 at 17:20:21 »

Now someones gonna try to think up a new way to copy and paste faster....just watch.
IP Logged

Oasis, Imagine, Fusion ingame. And more.
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/18/04 at 17:22:09 »

on 02/18/04 at 17:20:21, Fusion wrote:
Now someones gonna try to think up a new way to copy and paste faster....just watch.

What we need..
Is a macro that alt+tabs to our alts and pastes it too!, yeah go my idea, it should be put in cus it sucks otherwise......
IP Logged

Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ίλη’π

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/18/04 at 18:30:23 »

well actually i DO /afk -=E | B=- for all 23 of my alts everytime and it lags out my pos computer having to switch clients, but i guess all you people that have the money to pay for outrageously good computers only to play a txt based game dont like the idea.. as for it being lazy man or w/e, i highly doubt you have never used one of these commands before and found it easy.. anyway i guess no one likes the idea, so blah Smiley

on 02/18/04 at 13:01:36, alone wrote:
/nod Jurian

I do the same, once you get used to doing it, it's actually much faster.

lol, im sure going Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V, Alt+tab Ctrl+V,  is SOOOO much quicker than /afk blah/alts Smiley
IP Logged

Dunkler_Engel/Healer/Cylena/Kalee/Tolv/Meadow/Charisma/Dark_Elfen_One/Emerge/ + A lot more
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/18/04 at 18:32:55 »

I tend to use 10 or more characters at a time when I go training.

So, you're saying, switching between characters lags you out.. Why log on so many? And how could you train with that many?

Oh, and dude.. My machine sucks ass..
IP Logged

Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ίλη’π

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/18/04 at 18:35:39 »

its called 'museum trip' with mana carriers its amazing how far i can stretch 321 Adv mana crystals  

on 02/16/04 at 05:31:01, Tadpole wrote:
I suggest there be a command of something like /take gold crit (crit name) or /gather gold crit (crit name)...didnt really think of the best command for it..but what i mean is..say you go training and all the crits got gold...instead of going to every crit and doing /give crit gold...just have one crit gather it all in one command.

on 02/18/04 at 11:38:29, alone wrote:
I like it.

my how contradictory
IP Logged

alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 02/18/04 at 18:40:19 »

This idea is pretty useless, concidering it only promotes the misuse of a command /afk.. Where as /gather or whatever would actually help everyone Wink
IP Logged

Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: 02/19/04 at 01:57:06 »

I suggest a command that logs all our alts online, teleports then to mana shop, buys pots and mana for them automatically, whilst automatically withdrawing the necessary gold from bank, and then automatically casts all desired spell boosts if theres a spell caster in the party, and finally teleports them to a preset training ground.  

I also suggest a /toggle command that when you attack on one alt it attacks with every other alt!

[/sarcasm]

IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/19/04 at 02:53:13 »

Can I please get a command that turns me into Stotic?
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ίλη’π

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/19/04 at 03:54:04 »

on 02/18/04 at 18:40:19, alone wrote:
This idea is pretty useless, concidering it only promotes the misuse of a command /afk.. Where as /gather or whatever would actually help everyone Wink

then /gather only promotes the misuse of /give x gold yet, i didnt see you pregnant doging about it lol never mind, this thread is dead i guess
IP Logged

Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: 02/19/04 at 04:29:19 »

RIP
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Wolfgang
USA 

P|-|33|2 /\/\y 14c|< 0F 833|2

DeadKennedy5569
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/19/04 at 14:55:08 »

on 02/19/04 at 03:54:04, Lavalamp And Seito wrote:

then /gather only promotes the misuse of /give x gold yet, i didnt see you pregnant doging about it lol never mind, this thread is dead i guess

the /gather command does not promote the misuse of the /give command at all. I really dont know how you get that... all it does is give one the ability to take money off of their alts without having to go onto each one. Many people prefer to have all their gold on one crit, so it would take much less time/effort this way.
However, the /afk blah/alts command only encourages users to try and use the /afk command while they are questing in the hopes of lowering their ping rate.
IP Logged

I NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL, PLEDGE ALLEGEANCE -Propagandhi
IG: Wolfgang, Captain Rehab
Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ίλη’π

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 02/20/04 at 05:08:50 »

on 02/19/04 at 14:55:08, Wolfgang wrote:

the /gather command does not promote the misuse of the /give command at all. I really dont know how you get that... all it does is give one the ability to take money off of their alts without having to go onto each one. Many people prefer to have all their gold on one crit, so it would take much less time/effort this way.
However, the /afk blah/alts command only encourages users to try and use the /afk command while they are questing in the hopes of lowering their ping rate.

so tell me, if all it does is 'lower ping rate'(i fail to see how this works, but ill just play along with ur little theory) then all /gather is doing is questing for more time to do other things rather than take the time to go /give x gold on some crits... but never mind, you people being all so mighty and seem to know everything and command the game (stotic, tadpole, jen, etc) just whatever lol
IP Logged

Tha Girl
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: 02/20/04 at 08:32:17 »

I like Lavalamp's idea! Wink
IP Logged

Memo: Hugs or Tha_Girl

Human Killing Machine.
Trained To Kill.
Programmed To Destroy!
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/20/04 at 15:05:59 »

Zephie nor Tadpole posted once on this thread.. So, please, stop making stuff up. And as for Stotic, you simply have to get the say of staff before any idea will be concidered, I think it's good that he at least takes the time to read each post and concider the idea, before posting, would you rather not hear back from staff at all?

Back to your idea. Having your characters AFK doesn't reduce lag. But it may reduce the loading time of images (only very slightly), as they're all the same (no idea if that's true or not..).
And just to say what was said previously. /gather would not be a misuse of the command /give x y, numb nuts.
Think about AFK for one moment. What does it mean? Away (correct) From (correct) Keyboard (correct! We're on a roll). So, in turn, by placing all of your characters as AFK, that should mean.. You-are-not-there.. But. You are. Hense. MISS USE OF COMMAND.. WooYeah! Go Rocket Lolly go.

And before you come back with some oh so funny insult towards me, think. Will you make yourself look like more of an idiot in doing so?
IP Logged

Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ίλη’π

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/21/04 at 20:35:19 »

no actually i wont Smiley fine then "numb nuts" /dnd blah/alts see if you can come up with some smart arsed comment about that Smiley
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.