Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - maximum exp »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/18/24 at 20:32:19

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   maximum exp
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: maximum exp  (Read 977 times)
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

maximum exp
« on: 02/11/04 at 03:57:45 »
Quote Quote

i'm surprised it took this long for me to realize this.

the deal is: once you get to 250,000,000 exp, it doesn't go any higher. it can't go any higher. that's it. of couse, you can still lose exp, but you can't have any more exp than you need.

yeah, so that's it.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

Re: maximum exp
« Reply #1 on: 02/11/04 at 04:21:16 »
Quote Quote

I like it.
IP Logged

JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/11/04 at 04:48:14 »
Quote Quote

why?
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 02/11/04 at 04:58:08 »
Quote Quote

I knew I should have included some sort of explanation.

From how I see it, there is no real point in having this extra XP. At lvl 30, your character doesn't become more knowledgeable about anything. There is no real experience to gain from anything. Maybe cap it at uh...how it is now, like you can only get +10% xp of the xp it takes to get to the next level.

Guy is lvl 1. Lvl 2 is 800 xp. He can get a maximum of 880 xp if I remember right. So for lvl 30, it would be like 250,000,000 + .1(250,000,000).

Extra xp also, to me, just promotes more pk'ing. I'm really tired and don't feel like typing out why, but i'm pretty sure you cn figure it out.
IP Logged

Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/11/04 at 05:01:28 »
Quote Quote

Eliminates PK protection buffer. More risk = less Pk'ers. Hopefully it would remove the 'fashionable' state of pk'ing, it was funner when people hated pk'ers.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Trevayne

Keeper of the Dead

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/11/04 at 06:23:40 »
Quote Quote

Trevayne cheer's at Dognapot's performance!
IP Logged

In Game: Aeryn, Bernard, Trevayne, ...
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/11/04 at 09:19:41 »
Quote Quote

on 02/11/04 at 04:58:08, CPG wrote:

From how I see it, there is no real point in having this extra XP. At lvl 30, your character doesn't become more knowledgeable about anything. There is no real experience to gain from anything.

Then how do you lose xp for being killed? It makes no sense either that you'll be less experienced after dieing from hunger...

Also if you do lose xp for being killed, then how would you get it back? It's not like you can learn anything, seeing as you know eveything already...
IP Logged
Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/11/04 at 09:41:58 »
Quote Quote

Every day we gain a new experience in life so why not keep gaining experience, i believe new titles should be introduced as you gain exp to promote a sense of pride in continuing to play after u hit the big 3-0 and ive always said i think levels should continue past 30 as life shouldnt just stop there.
IP Logged

If two cents is all i have, that's all i'll give. If i have more to give, bet your own last dollar ill give it.
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/11/04 at 10:16:34 »
Quote Quote

i just used to like to bring supreme on training trips with me since he's my main. does it bother anyone that he has 750 million exp? i don't think so. neither am i a pk'er so i don't need a buffer or anything Cheesy i just like to bring him along and like it how the exp goes up Tongue

i don't really c the need.
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/11/04 at 12:03:18 »
Quote Quote

on 02/11/04 at 04:58:08, CPG wrote:

From how I see it, there is no real point in having this extra XP. At lvl 30, your character doesn't become more knowledgeable about anything. There is no real experience to gain from anything. Maybe cap it at uh...how it is now, like you can only get +10% xp of the xp it takes to get to the next level.

The Cap on exp for over training a non archie is 5% not 10%.
It is just that if you kill a monster that will put you over the 5% cap you get all the exp not just part of it and then you will get no more exp till you lvl.
IP Logged

Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED !!!!!!!!!!!
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 02/11/04 at 12:13:07 »
Quote Quote

I dislike the idea. Some people will even go out and pk as long as they aren't too far under exp. It really isn't needed.  

One thing about how you only get 5% of your next level... its so people don't go and level their crits 3-4 levels before training them to their respective level. Why does an arch need such a cap? They don't. What happens to archmasters when they can't grow anymore? They grow in experience instead of skill. I think that its fine the way it is.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/11/04 at 22:06:29 »
Quote Quote

* Deval sighs

Why do people fear change so?
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/12/04 at 00:21:12 »
Quote Quote

I'm pretty sure it is 10%..

Anyway.

Dislike it. Pointless really, it isn't as if exp is hard to come by.
IP Logged

Vengence

Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/12/04 at 00:27:36 »
Quote Quote

I don't like it either.
IP Logged
Magnus

-×»Mägñûs«×-

None.   Stnr4Lf20
View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: 02/12/04 at 00:38:02 »
Quote Quote

it would be more challenging and yes i think it would cut down the pking (well maybe not cut it down but pking would be much more purposeful and you couldn't just laugh a death off because you have so much exp it doesn't matter) but what about the people that spent so much time to train their arches for the extra exp? it wouldn't really be fair to just kill their exp - and many arches were sold for a much higher price if their exp was high.. that would screw the buyers over too. i dunno maybe i read it wrong and got the wrong idea. /shrug.
IP Logged

-×»Mägñûs«×-
Vengence

Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/12/04 at 00:40:11 »
Quote Quote

oh yeah, seeing redness all the time is awesome ^^. (its also funny to confuse my n00b friends that come over that look for a lvl 30 guild house /rofl)
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: 02/12/04 at 01:00:46 »
Quote Quote

on 02/12/04 at 00:38:02, Magnus wrote:
it wouldn't really be fair to just kill their exp - and many arches were sold for a much higher price if their exp was high

They still have the cash that was made from overtraining as compensation. On the only crit I really use to PK, I have something like 320mil exp, and I would have no problem sacrificing it for the greater good of the player base.
IP Logged

CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 02/12/04 at 01:27:02 »
Quote Quote

If you go under xp at lvl 30, you still have a red bar.

I like the idea of setting everyone's xp back to 250 mil, but I don't think that would be popular with too many people.

Perhaps just make it so the character can't gain anymore xp, but if it dies, then it loses xp. Obviously if they get under 250 mil they can get back up.
IP Logged

Magnus

-×»Mägñûs«×-

None.   Stnr4Lf20
View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: 02/12/04 at 01:35:51 »
Quote Quote

that would make high experienced crits even more valuable...  i just dont think this idea would work.
IP Logged

-×»Mägñûs«×-
Consumed
USA 

*:·®ÿåñ·:*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: 02/12/04 at 01:36:14 »
Quote Quote

this is the most pointless thing? Roll Eyes...what would the point be...
IP Logged

Cøñ§ümêd
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.