Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - make atrium monarch more easy »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/17/24 at 08:23:58

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   make atrium monarch more easy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: make atrium monarch more easy  (Read 499 times)
Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

make atrium monarch more easy
« on: 02/02/04 at 19:14:07 »
Quote Quote

because herabec came out rb and cpa doesnt just go for as much anymore so neither do thorn keys...

I think it should be made more easy or it doesnt heal for as much because whats the point of buying 100k thorn key and killing boss if you can just buy a rb in shop for 200k ? : /
IP Logged
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

Re: make atrium monarch more easy
« Reply #1 on: 02/02/04 at 19:17:16 »
Quote Quote

One item I shall now mention: Amulet of the Lich
And you're complaining about the AM? Or, how about, you get the Thorn Key yourself, to save that 100k, then kill the AM and get the drop.
Shocked The genius!
IP Logged

Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/02/04 at 19:58:45 »
Quote Quote

I got 5x thorn key in my vault  Roll Eyes

what I am pointing out is that it is kind of a useless boss atm
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/02/04 at 21:25:49 »
Quote Quote

on 02/02/04 at 19:58:45, Rappy_Ninja wrote:
I got 5x thorn key in my vault  Roll Eyes

what I am pointing out is that it is kind of a useless boss atm

yep harabec made some stuff useless nuts happensCheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/02/04 at 23:00:01 »
Quote Quote

on 02/02/04 at 19:14:07, Rappy_Ninja wrote:
because herabec came out rb and cpa doesnt just go for as much anymore so neither do thorn keys...

I think it should be made more easy or it doesnt heal for as much because whats the point of buying 100k thorn key and killing boss if you can just buy a rb in shop for 200k ? : /

I don't think making him easier is a good idea, but making him more accessable. I haven't seen a Thorn Key in like, totally, 2 years man, and like, totally bump his spawn rate man.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 02/02/04 at 23:31:21 »
Quote Quote

Sometimes map progression conflicts with the nightmist economy, but that's the way things have been going for years.  I am looking over the lich drop atm.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 02/03/04 at 00:32:41 »
Quote Quote

Rappy, the benefit is that you get a boss drop. You cannot buy Rose Blades at a store as you keep stating. You can get a weapon like a Rose Blade. Also, there are different level requirements. Really, how can you complain about getting an item for free?

Besides, the Atrium Monarch should be harder, as with all bosses. Things are far too easy.
IP Logged

Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/03/04 at 00:35:54 »
Quote Quote

Ya know what, if you make the d**n atrium monarch easier you'll have me pregnant doging about it, along with a couple of my friends.  We struggle to train off him without killing him.  He is only there about a third of the time we go so we just waste a lot of keys that cost us more than just buying a midnight tunic would.

Instead of making him easier, raise his exp to 100xpd lmao...

On a more possible note- i think making him drop a new item might be better.  It would cause the current CPAs and RBs to be the only ones people could get...eventually they'd become kind of a rareity.  

Have Atrium Monarch drop something classy.  I mean, he is a Monarch, he'd be rich.  Maybe have him drop some kind of helmet that is jewel encrusted and better than other helms for thieves?  Give him some drop that is a new boss drop, you dont see any bosses dropping helms..i dont think.  

Gaunts there are now 2 types of, possibly giving him a wisdom guant wouldn't be too bad, clerics healing for more wouldn't hurt anything in my opinion.   Maybe a wisdom set of gaunts that are +1 wisdom  +3 or so ac.  It'd be a new original type of thing kind of, he could give int guants, but most mages seek w/e gives them highest ac instead of what gives them 2-3 more damage.

Another bracelet wouldnt be good cause he'd need to be a 100% drop, if he gave even 1 armor he'd make baron's bracelets drop by way too much and be too common.
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Issy
USA 

I am Alpha and Omega; the first and the last

67662135 67662135   Isaiah213   Issyfur
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/03/04 at 11:50:35 »
Quote Quote

Oh come on; Atrium monarch is fine as is. Just because you can't kill it doesn't mean staff should make it easier.

AM Dropping a new item is a good idea though.
IP Logged

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/03/04 at 22:20:59 »
Quote Quote

on 02/03/04 at 00:35:54, Everlast wrote:
Ya know what, if you make the d**n atrium monarch easier you'll have me pregnant doging about it, along with a couple of my friends.

Ahh... scary... Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/03/04 at 22:41:46 »
Quote Quote

Ya though, atrium isn't difficult, sometimes would require a party, captain wylsen is MUCH harder.  I can't kill the Captain on my own anymore cause of no hit and runs on healing bosses, but atrium i can still kill w/o needing the hit and runs.

I think giving him a new drop is very reasonable and would keep people from complaining too much about how they had all of those items and now they aren't worth nearly as much.  (because the prices in harabec dont seem too bad either, not like they should be upped)

Same with Aet, he either needs a new drop, a wisdom and/or int addition to his ammy would be very nice!.  I don't think it'd over power any crits, mages aren't too powerful anyway, clerics healing for more isn't a problem in my opinion.  He rarely drops and is a very tough boss, takes more to kill him than it does to kill atrium, captain, or malok (other 3 healing bosses)

Detheroc I'll just ignore all of what you say on forums now..there's no reason to respond to you just trying to get me stirred.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: 02/03/04 at 22:50:13 »
Quote Quote

* Stotic stirs gaddy.  
hmmmm tasty
* Stotic adds more pepper.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 02/03/04 at 22:53:57 »
Quote Quote

on 02/03/04 at 22:41:46, Everlast wrote:
Detheroc I'll just ignore all of what you say on forums now..there's no reason to respond to you just trying to get me stirred.

Sorry, couldn't resist posting that. What you said seemed so pathetic that it warranted a reply *shrugs*

The AM could do with being changed though, same with Aet'Thol or whatever his name is. Both of the bosses drops now aren't quite as useful as they used to be.
IP Logged
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: 02/04/04 at 03:47:28 »
Quote Quote

Are the bosses actually harder than one another, or do they just take longer to kill?
IP Logged

Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 02/04/04 at 06:17:45 »
Quote Quote

on 02/04/04 at 03:47:28, CPG wrote:
Are the bosses actually harder than one another, or do they just take longer to kill?

No no no, much harder.

Aet hits for over 100 sometimes, so you have to actually heal and often.  He takes FAR more damage to kill than either the atrium or captain.  His drop is now useless, yet i would say he might be the hardest boss to kill in the game, that is ridiculus.  I've only gone a couple of times, and never on my own with actual intent to kill him (just to train a cleric, w/ a 2nd cleric healing him).  I saw a party that was copied and pasted that was a lot bigger than groups i see at any other boss...they could not kill him, just couldn't do enough damage quick enough...his drop ought to be something to talk about since he has really high armor, limiting what you can use to kill him, and heals, and is the hardest boss imo, and has a very low drop rate....his drop ought to be MUCH better.

Captain hits a few times for low damage and 1 60, often hypnos your crits.  Starts with a couple of silversail defectors on his square also.  He probably has same hp or more as atrium, but heals more often or something because i cannot solo him on my party of 12, which I really don't like, and think he should be changed to heal less or something, but maybe that is just cause i want to kill him around 50 times and get a spyglass...ppl dont go there much because getting people to go with you isnt all that easy..he shouldnt take more than 10 or so to kill in my opinion because usually thats what about 2 people would log on to go..an hourly boss that has around a 2 percent drop rate really shouldn't take more than 2 people....but you know...we should have bosses like that now that i think about it...i just need to make a larger party, like something resembling a clan trip...

AM sits there, misses most of your crits, hits for 50ish when he does, and attacks just one time.  There is no difficulty there, it is purely a boss to train off of....just not with 22 crits like what jimmy, issy, and i had there.  Even then he lasts a good while as long as we don't RF all of the crits, and we keep track of his hp and let him go back to healthy before training again.  I can kill him with my party of 12 on full spells, which really i don't think is something that is un-reasonable...it is a party of 12 lvl 28+ crits, ought to be able to kill bosses even if they heal, but his drops aren't as quality as they were before harabec, i really like that town, but i think his drops should be made to consider the stuff in it, and have him drop something else like a helm, ring, or bracelet of somekind (things i think a rich monarch would have, and they would be nice with something special)

As for malok i cant actually say too much...ive been to him many many times.  Kim took me when hit and runs were still possible and i soloed him while kim drove me in and out (9 28+ thieves i think was my set of attackers).  When clan goes there are really too many to hit and run him...he drops pretty quick...but rarely drops the ED (although i've seen 7 drops now, devout went a lot..we got back to back drops one time).  I would say he is fine as he is, so is the ED.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

(Re: make atrium monarch more easy
« Reply #15 on: 02/06/04 at 00:07:17 »
Quote Quote

during the time ive played (close to 3 years) ive been to a lot of bosses, and personally, i think that aet'thol is by far the hardest. i constantly went for 2 months and not once killed it, even with parties of 15 crits. i personally think the amulet needs to be changed back to what it originally gave, 8 armor, or if not, make the drop a 95% drop and make another item drop for the other 5% (NOT THE STAFF OF RUINS!!!), something that people can actually use, or something never made before.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.