Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Make em Level »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/18/24 at 10:43:41

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Make em Level
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Make em Level  (Read 579 times)
Momba

Email

Make em Level
« on: 02/23/03 at 12:19:04 »
Quote Quote

Many crits in the game have more then enough exp to level to the next level. Since we have stopped gaining EXP after you get 5% more then requried for the next level. I think folks should be made to level the crits or find a way to lose the EXP(I can help ya there).
 This should apply to everyone who is over in EXP for their level. In addition to not gaining any EXP after getting 5% for the next level a person should lose something, say dex or something. Thus making players level their crits. In turn doing what I`m sure the intentions of staff where in implementing the 5% deal. Allowing newer players to explore level restricted areas and not be over powered by players who just keep at that level to pk. Good examples are the swamp and sdg.
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

Re: Make em Level
« Reply #1 on: 02/23/03 at 14:53:28 »
Quote Quote

I am in agreement with Momba. I would like to add that I was clearing out the church with my new cleric and he lvled but I still was not done so I finished so make the loss maybe after 1/2 hour.  

****EDIT****
Also I know some 1 that keeps lower lvl crits to help their new ones in the church etc.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/23/03 at 16:23:39 »
Quote Quote

lmao - who cares if people wanna stay a certain level so they can keep playing in a level restricted area?  The beauty of level restricted areas is that they restrict the power to roughly the same range - if someone stays level 20 so they can keep playing in the sdg, so what? They're only level 20;  that's not all that powerful  *sighs*.

I really don't understand how this is such a big deal...  I've run into players with max level pking in the sdg. They aren't so tough that you don't have a chance to run if you need to.  You make it sound like by not leveling they have some sort of special advantage (by not gaining more levels their power cannot increase).
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Crusher

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/23/03 at 19:01:31 »
Quote Quote

Oh, the whining! It is a very real part of role-playing. I've been waiting for this one, and I'm pretty sure it will even eventually come to the point where you are forced to level out. It isn't going to make any difference to some of us.

I guess people really want everyone else to play their style of game. I find that ludicrous, given the number of people that complain of boredom. You won't find me saying I'm bored. I'm totally enjoying the game, and would be quite happy if players were NEVER allowed to kill other player. The game is fun as is. But then again, I'm notorious for playing any game way beyond the normal scope of play.
IP Logged

Crusher
phos kai dzoe
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/23/03 at 20:10:52 »
Quote Quote

Sorry yes your right Bishop and Crusher. Lips Sealed
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/23/03 at 23:42:49 »
Quote Quote

If for some stupid reason this was implemented i would have to delete many crits, coz they would become instantly useless (OK id just reset them keep the stats and quickly lev them to required level). Either that or use /nopk clan and pk my OWN crits out of red bar. For example my l20 thieves/cleric are used to adventure in the sdg (a place i like, people in there tend to say 'hi' rather than instant pk, and unless ur in TR or have 4+ thieves on the square u know ur gonna die if you attack me Smiley ) and will never be levelled, coz whats the point? I have enough experts for a decent high-lev party, and they are the ones im gonna keep training to arch, so why train up more, there is a limit to the number of alts anyone can control at once.

Putting it another way, if all your crits suddenly became arch what could you do? No-one could possibly control that many alts to pk, even if you macroed them all to the same person, you would nail him then lose all 20 of your alts coz u cant even see your own health bar.        

Oh and as for the church am i missing something? The last time i went in there i took a lvl7, n n n n kill boss get robes s s s s and out? What is this 'cleaning out the church' Huh
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/23/03 at 23:51:34 »
Quote Quote

And another point, the SDG is rare in that you can fight TR members on equal terms, no archie rangers rounding your crits to hell and back...

Just when you kill one or two of them about 10 more come looking for a kill... (which is why i mentioned them in an earlier post)
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/24/03 at 13:01:51 »
Quote Quote

So you're saying you keep crits a certain level to not allow other players to enter areas?
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/24/03 at 13:06:19 »
Quote Quote

I also understood that.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Dark_innocence

We choose our own path.. what will yours be?

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/24/03 at 14:46:10 »
Quote Quote

What I am getting from her post (Alicia's) is that she keeps crits at a certain level to be able to enjoy the game and the adventure of an area without being constantly pked.  

As far as leveling out of an area, well, if anything, not leveling may allow you to remain in an area, but basically you are playing with no experience gained after the 5% to next level so is a disadvantage. If people wish to play with no xp gained why not just leave them alone?  This would not affect me one way or another. If I want in an area, you make adjustments and plan. But for those that do wish to play without leveling, leave them be.  As Bishop said, until leveled they are not at an advantage. (ie no more hp, no more power, no more stamina that comes with that next level etc.)
IP Logged

Stories
Caressing you with its words
Pulling you into its pages
Winding you around its plot
Meant only to entangle your mind
Confuse it, twist it
Bring it to a frame of mind
Then turn the page
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/24/03 at 14:57:05 »
Quote Quote

To me leveling is basically like learning new abilities, whether it be spells, stamina, hp or what not, after you have gained enough experience to learn the new things.  In reality, just because you have enough experience to learn something new, youdo not always do so.  I do agree that it is realisitic that you can only earn so much exp without learning techniques to get you more, but to force one to learn seems very unrealistic to me.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/24/03 at 15:08:35 »
Quote Quote

How about after you get the 5% more than needed, getting half xp? Would encourage leveling, and would still be fair.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 02/24/03 at 15:51:47 »
Quote Quote

on 02/24/03 at 13:01:51, Zephie wrote:
So you're saying you keep crits a certain level to not allow other players to enter areas?

For the chairman of a clan that holds down half the areas in the game to accuse someone whose main crit has 8 pk's of blocking off areas is, erm, ill leave the rest to your imagination
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/24/03 at 16:01:55 »
Quote Quote

on 02/24/03 at 13:01:51, Zephie wrote:

I also find it ridiculously funny that you would say this.  As I clearly stated, by not leveling, these characters have no advantage of power in these areas - understand?
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/24/03 at 16:46:45 »
Quote Quote

I wonder that it is so difficult for certain people to believe that others find enjoyment in areas not for the spiffy new drop they may or may not get, but because the area offers more than your standard shoot-em-up video game.

I'm guessing these are the same people who can't be bothered to read the book when they can just rent the movie based on it.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 02/24/03 at 22:08:10 »
Quote Quote

1 the church has areas to kill ghosts to lvl your babies
2 lolololololololol Zephie that was funny she said she could fight pkers on no one's term's rather than their's in the SDG as far as I could see your the one who blocks off areas.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.