Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Aimed Shot »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 10:27:18

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Ranger Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Aimed Shot
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Aimed Shot  (Read 600 times)
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

Aimed Shot
« on: 05/19/03 at 19:54:20 »
Quote Quote

The idea is simple. The ranger takes his time to carefully aim his arrow, looking for a spot that would be easily hit.

This ability would take two stamina per shot and do about the same as Dual Shot. The only difference is that it would never miss. Available at level 19, this would allow the ranger to demonstrate his archery skills that he has learned from his experience fighting monsters.

Not a huge ability, but it would be a nice addition to their actual bow wielding skills other than shooting a bunch of arrows really quick or two at a time.

IP Logged

heh
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

Re: Aimed Shot
« Reply #1 on: 05/20/03 at 05:19:49 »
Quote Quote

Not bad, when leveling low levels, useing this ability would level them a lot faster probabaly to fast, so make it 28-30 lvl skill?
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 05/20/03 at 06:15:08 »
Quote Quote

This would be an awesome idea, BUT I can only see it making sense at like lvls 15-30.

Seeing as at lvl's 1-14 you are new to your chosen profession and you would not have the knowledge to take aim as well, See what im gettin at?
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 05/20/03 at 13:51:46 »
Quote Quote

the idea is good yet the part where it sais it would never miss kinda is too much for me. maybe have it a great chance  (75%) to hit instead of a 100% chance.
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 05/20/03 at 19:12:16 »
Quote Quote

I suggested levels 19+ for an alternative way to train other than dual shot. When the ranger reaches level 23, Rapid Fire will become the main training ability.

I see Oblivion's point, but at level 28+ it seems kind of pointless because people would rather use Rapid Fire over Aimed Shot.

I also noticed that this would be the only combat ability that wouldn't be reliant on dexterity if added into the game. For better or for worse, I think it would be cool to be able to hit somebody else with 23 dex.
IP Logged

heh
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 05/22/03 at 01:51:03 »
Quote Quote

I personally think that you should only be able to do this with the 'long bows' Such as 'long bow', 'steel long bow', if it gets put in.  Maybe there could be a 18 base damage alternative to the enchanted bow called the 'Branchwood Long Bow'.  Just a thought.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Horror

Email

« Reply #6 on: 05/22/03 at 17:26:42 »
Quote Quote

Why only long bows? Does having a Long Bow make you more accurate? No.
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 05/26/03 at 12:22:05 »
Quote Quote

Longbows were made for range and power... not accuracy
IP Logged
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 05/26/03 at 14:08:36 »
Quote Quote

Technically speeking in the real life of a bow the longer the bow the more accurate it is.  It has better stability alowing fro better aim and much more accurate than a shorter bow.  Now that is in real life.  In this game it could be the opposite.  But I know longer bows are more accurate from experience of shooting bows.
IP Logged

Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED !!!!!!!!!!!
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 05/26/03 at 16:34:01 »
Quote Quote

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt even the longest modern archery bow considered a 'short bow' in comparison to the medieval longbow?
IP Logged
Mordakai

Email

« Reply #10 on: 05/27/03 at 00:50:28 »
Quote Quote

Uhh, that doesn't make sense. If a Long Bow had a better range, surely that would decrease its accuracy? (As your using it from a larger distance) Unless of course the archer was better with a bow, but that would have nothing to do with what type of bow he was using.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 05/27/03 at 11:34:49 »
Quote Quote

on 05/27/03 at 00:50:28, Mordakai wrote:
Uhh, that doesn't make sense. If a Long Bow had a better range, surely that would decrease its accuracy? (As your using it from a larger distance) Unless of course the archer was better with a bow, but that would have nothing to do with what type of bow he was using.

depends on archer skill ofcourse Cheesy

it's like guns. the longer the gun the more accurate it is if your able to shoot and not move. the more you move the bigger the distance between target and where you actually shoot will be.
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Prophet
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 05/27/03 at 11:43:38 »
Quote Quote

This idea would only let you attack 2 per round why not just use rapid fire, this would still mean you regularly do more than than aimed.
IP Logged

www.nightmist-can-die.com - go go go!
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: 05/27/03 at 12:23:39 »
Quote Quote

not when aimed gets in at lvl 19 Cheesy rapid is lvl 23 Cheesy think i read something about aimed beeing available at lvl 19 Cheesy
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 06/10/03 at 16:19:22 »
Quote Quote

The whole idea sounds great but what people have to realize is that he said 2 stam to hit just as hard as duel shot. At higher lvls like newb said it would be useless. I think something like an 80% chance of hitting would be nice ,and also around lvl 20 it should be acquired(when u get a new bow).
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.