Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Shadows Falling »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/24/24 at 07:47:26

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Shadows Falling
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shadows Falling  (Read 1030 times)
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

Shadows Falling
« on: 12/06/03 at 22:45:05 »
Quote Quote

The air around the town of nightmist grew a little colder. For some knew that the holidays were soon to be upon them. Christmas to most was on it's way. However the girl sitting by the window pondered with dismay. Maybe things had lost thier once so promising glow. With a sigh she watched on with the falling snow. Rising her hand to the long brandished locks of almost tarnished blond curls, she looked down. Fixating now her almost cobalt blue eyes upon that of the table top. Maturity creeping upon the girls face.  

She'd come to this land a little girl of but 8 years of age. Following her father Daywokr, Her step mother Demoness and thier mistress Lady Whisper. Long ago having accepted this all as an odd arraingment because they'd all loved one another. Like so many other things the memories of this too had started to fade.  

Lost now in the world she'd thought she'd learned and knew so well. Every so often she'd hear her name called out by a passing "Friend". Nods of acknowledgement sent in most's way or a simple friendly smile. The distress hidden within the deep blue eyes. Eyes that had once shimmered with excitement and curiousity, now shown with disillusioned dispassion. The staining upon her weapon laying close by a tell tale that many a fight had been this one's direction.  

Slight in figure she slowly pushed herself up to stand from the chair she'd been sitting in near the window. A girl not really any longer. Now that of a younger woman she sighed once again. Slipping her long dark honeyed blond hair into a braide. Off to fight another battle she supposed. But then who was the battle with. Someone that was not a part of her clan or family. Or was it more herself. These more things pondering through her mind.

Slipping her armor on, she'd place the helmet over her head. Obscuring her appearance from view once again. Just another armor bound, war jaded warrior in the land. A simple pendant hung in few from her suit. The touch of fire pendant. Special as if she were ever to go home. I would open the Abyss.  

A forsaken realm where a cruel figure known as the Harborer of Lost Souls hand roamed free. Torturing all those that were near by images of the past, images from the figure All distorted to destroy. All meant to bring down even the hardest.  

With a shake of her head she forces the thoughts away and looked back at the table she'd been sitting at. Picking up her weapon she sheathed it for now and gathered something that had fallen onto the ground into her arms. A single disheaveled teddy bear that had seen better days. Tattered and torn, ragged and worn, it had lived for all these years. Always having been hers since the day she was born.

Her gauntletted hands caress the face of it as gently as possible and lets out a small almost inaudible cry of unhappiness. Setting the bear down. She turned hearing a voice. Knowing it was time to go and that she didn't know if she was going to come back. The shadows were falling upon her life and in her heart. Losing her way and becoming more and more like the drones and warriors that had long ago lost thier purpose. Lost what had brought them. She turned. The bear left still upon that of the table.  

Another called from the doorway,"Aerial lets go now."  

Trudging out the door, she cast one more glance to the table and bear. And walked out. A tear spilling down her pale alabaster cheek as within moments the crowd of other warriors, magicians, archers walked from journeys or on the way to new ones swallowed within the masses. Not certain where she was now going. Or if she'd return.... Her thoughts as she moved out of view of the inn was on the bear that had been her only truest friend. The one left behind...........
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Prince_Damon

,!,,

View Profile WWW

Re: Shadows Falling
« Reply #1 on: 12/07/03 at 18:05:45 »
Quote Quote

Forced to leave the realm of which he had been born, the place in which he had known who he was, and what he was meant to be, Damon, much like his older sister Aerial often wishes nothing more then to be a child again, comforted by his parents and the many others that cared for him, watched over him.. for they knew what his destiny held in store.

His father had given up the realm in which his family had ruled for the longest time, and of course, Damon was quick to follow, not caring that he was turning his back on all those who were counting on him to become what his father once was.. for he was to young for such thoughts.. the only ones that came to his mind were that of the man he looked up to, and he wasn't about to lose him.

Looking back now, a few years later, Damon would wish he had stayed within his own realm, as his father is very rarely around, and when he is, is never himself. His sister, with whom he used to be unseperable, has also gone her own way, leaving him more alone then he has ever been. Although there are a few in this place he would call friend.. there is really no one.. no sence of family, no meaning to daily life. A life in which his demonic powers are no more, leaving him open to be hunted by even those whom he used to see as only a source of food.

A young man who is just another number, wishing to throw away his armor and rediculously large halberd, and reclaim his childhood, carrying only a jeweled dagger, not out of need, but because it was a gift from a king.. the man he used to call his father.

His will to even get out of bed dwindleing into nothingness, as in his own mind, his very reason to exist at all.. why?.. to kill another horde or orcs for no other reason then thier looks? Or maybe take down a few Minions.. just because they desire to protect thier lord, who he is also to kill because he may be holding a piece of jewelry..  

After so many months.. turning into years, of these thoughts running through his still young mind, he has finaly come to a point where a decision must be made, for sanities sake..
Stay here where there are at least people he can talk to if he actually got the urge to do so, remaining an anonymous slayer of lesser creatures, and nothing more... or take a chance, and return to the land which is rightfully his, reclaiming his powers at least, and taking a chance that there may be a few Lost Souls left that will come to his side and help him rekindle the fire inside the place that never grew cold. A place where every fight meant something, and could very well be your last.. a place where lesser creatures were left alone, not slaughtered by the thousands, and those fought were more powerful, and alot of times more evil then anyone in this realm has ever even seen in thier most horifying nightmares.
Most importantly, a place which he would know as home...
IP Logged

Knine, Pacman, LS_DayWokr_LS, SoulsWrath, Ender, Phobia, Scar, Lorivan, Widowmaker, Leafstorm, etc.
Sauruman
USA 

Shall we shag now, or shag later?

Lord_CyberDragon   LordGothicDragon
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 12/08/03 at 08:27:40 »
Quote Quote

"Ugh, leave. Leave me alone." Sauruman was mumbling in his sleep, tossing and turning in discomfort. Although he was laying in a nest of soft, comfortable moss and fallen leaves, his dreams, no, nightmares, were bringing him discomfort. He squirmed and kicked, thrashing his arm back and forth as if he were fighting something that threatened to take his life.  
  In his dream he could see numerous dragons (bi-pedal) waging war as far as the eye could see. They seemed to be fighting for no distinct reason, one would drop from the strike of a sword, then moments later his killer would be dropped by the devestaional blast of magic.
 As bodies lay everywhere and arrows flew by his head, he seemed to be able to hear nothing but a still, small voice, calm and plesant.  
 "Sauruman, come with me." He turned to hear who it was.
Then he woke up.
He looked around him. He noticed that the moss was now scattered around in the small but modest dugout he considered his home. His Morning Star had somehow fallen off it's stand on the wall, and the wind was starting to blow violently.
 "I can't take much more of this, I can't." He sat up, streched, and rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes. Routinely, he slipped into his boots then grabbed his weapon, sheathing it. As he walked to the entrance a blast of cold air met him, whipping his hair wildly around his face and chilling him to the bone.
 "Natura, what is it you want that couldn't wait until I woke?" He stood motionless for a moment, chanted as he moved his hands in a rythmic motion, then stopped. The wind grew unnaturally stronger and begain to blow his tunic around
as he dropped to his hands and knees. His skin was replacing itself with a light, golden fur, his robes begain to mold away and take on his figure, his hands and feet began to srink and grow claws. Finally, a tail protruded from the small of his back and his eyes turned lime green with slits in each one.
 Sauruman, now in the animal form of a Puma, climbed the nearest tree and began jumping branch to branch toward the edge of the barrier forest. The more and more he thought about it, the less and less he knew why.  
 "Something is stirring in Nightmist city, and I think it'll effect my home, the forest." With a running start, he jumped from atop a tall oak tree over a large chasm, then landed in the grassy meadow that stood outside the main city of Nightmist. From where he stood, he could see the light of torches stand out aganst the rest of the city, and he could hear what sounded like anxious chatter. There were warriors a plenty checking their weapons, talking with each other and writing in journals, as if they were never going to come back.
 "Yes, something wierd is going on. I'd better take a closer look." He crouched down in the waist high grass and crept closer towards the city..........................
IP Logged

The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Melfice
United_Kingdom 

Minion of teh fluff!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 12/08/03 at 15:31:41 »
Quote Quote

"Sire, they know of our progress.  They are arming their warriors as we speak."  

"Then we must act quickly."  Melfice shows no sign that he is concerned with this information.  "Tell my men, we move at dusk."

"...yes sire"  The servant exits hesitantly.  Obviously he fears the upcoming battle, like many others, including Melfice himself.  Nightmist's armies have been tried many times and are yet to fall.  Melfice cannot let his men know of his worries.  He removes the robes, made of fine, golden silk, from his body.  Scars linger on his herculean chest, like a constant reminder of previously fought battles.  He equips his armor.  The armor is jet black, made from the rarest of etheral metals.  It glows slightly with a purple haze, showing that it is no ordinary material.  Jagged claw-like pads rest on the shoulders.  The same claw-like design matches his gloves with the potential to create considerable damage by themselves.  His boots, made from the same eerie material as the armor, seem to make the ground beneath them glow with a dark light.  He slips on his helmet, which only covers half of his elegant face.  Although it does give him added perception, it is a tremendous risk to take when in battle.

Reaching for his blade, Melfice utters, "It is time..."
IP Logged

Let me show you my real power!
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 12/10/03 at 06:41:14 »
Quote Quote

Standing just another warrior on the verge of a battle she sighed her dishappiness. This was never what she wanted. Nore where she wanted to be while she was growing up. She'd been a princess to a realm far from here. Always trying her hardest to please her father. Mayhaps to just show She was worth all that he'd put on her. To be the daughter he needed. His oldest child that would someday with her brother rule the realm. She sighed and tried to drag her attention back to that of what was going on around her.

Walking into the battle her thoughts once again drifted to the little bear left on the table in the in. Her best freind since she felt she had no one else. She wanted him as she got set to fight and possibly lose her life. Was it worth it to her. Not in her mind anymore. Everything all her convictions and determination had after time slipped and she felt lost in a world she'd once known so well.
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Melfice
United_Kingdom 

Minion of teh fluff!

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 12/10/03 at 14:58:18 »
Quote Quote

Melfice's men advance towards the city of nightmist.  Each soldier with his own determination for victory.  Huge, powerful barbarions dominate the front.  Each carrying a colossal halberd, powerful enough to hack through the strongest of armors.  Their armor, extremely thick, made out of strong metals and covering them entirely leaving only a thin slit, in their horned helmets, for their eyes. The first to walk into battle, they will push the enemies defense back, with their brute force.

Behind them marches many fighters, which the army consistes of mostly.  Each man skilled in the art of every combat.  Their armor a little lighter than the previous warriors, for maneuverability but still well capable of taking a blow.  For extra protection, they carry a shield to ward off blows and arrows.  In the other hand they hold their swords, facing skywards, as they progress forward.

To the left side of the army, there is a group of mages covered in grand, golden robes, made from the finest silks.  A blue aura of magic coveres all of the mages, whether it was due to their enchanted robes, a spell, or just their enormous power, was uncertain.  Each carried long staffs, with clear orbs resting on the vertex of the staff.  They begin casting protection spells to aid their defense.

On the right side, horses are equipt with their own armour, mounted on the horse's body and head.  Riding the horses are incredibly skilled archers in black, leather armor.  They each carry long bows with a quill of arrows resting on their backs.  Other horses carried assassins with spears, lances, throwing knifes and other deadly weapons.  Most horses are a muddy brown colour with a few exceptions of the higher ranked of the colour of snow.  One particular horse stood our from the rest....

Slightly larger than the other horses, it is obviouly a perfect breed in a long generation of war horses.  Black as the night, it rode, a glint of red shone in it's eyes.  Red and blue streaks had been died into the horses face, each stripe representing the number of battles it had endured.  The armor, custom made for this particular horse was much different from the rest.  As dark as the horse itself you would not be able to see the horse at all against the black night sky if the armor didn't glow with a familiar purple haze.  A purple haze showing the enchantment which matched its owner, who is riding his horse, and leading his army into battle.  Taking off the helmet, covering half of his face, Melfice, turned towards his men.

"We are but a few minutes from our desination, Nightmist."
Melfice looks over his immense army.

"I can see the look in your eyes, the look of determination, the look of courage, the look of fear?  All of these emotions will drive you to our victory and-"

Cheers build up from the croud, cheering for their leader whom they admire and trust so much.  Melfice beams at the support they are giving him.

"...and i know you will all do my proud as my army, no... as my friends!  Now let us fly!  Onwards to our triumph!"
IP Logged

Let me show you my real power!
Raven
Australia 

Lasden In Game

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 12/11/03 at 11:06:10 »
Quote Quote

Lasden sat crossed legged with a Raven perched upon his shoulder.
"You were right my friend" he spoke to the Raven.
"War has come to Nightmist"
With that he shouted and ancient tounge into the air and lepped onto the back of the great eagle that had responded to his call.
And with the only noise to be heard that was the beating of the great eagle's wings they flew towards Tricken forrest.
IP Logged

Swift, swift, you dragons of the night, that dawning
May bear the raven's eye
Sauruman
USA 

Shall we shag now, or shag later?

Lord_CyberDragon   LordGothicDragon
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 12/14/03 at 14:33:46 »
Quote Quote

As Sauruman continued to creep closer and closer, he could start to make out the words the Nightmist citizens were saying.
 "Melfice's forces are coming this way? Why?" "Is this the end of our beautiful city?" "I don't think I'll live through this."
 Sauruman stopped and chuckled to himself. "Another war in Nightmist. Not surpri-"
 "This is no ordinary war, Sauruman. Come with me and see what they are up against." The winds died down in the meadow except for one slight breeze that blew a path of grass in the direction of the forest, pushing leaves and debris along as it went.
 "Natura, I'm not a soldier. I'm a druid. I'm the justice of the forests."
"And I'm the force that's kept you alive all this while. Think of it as a debt you owe me."
 "No, you've kept me guessing at riddles and doing your gardening work. I've had to keep alive on my own behalf."
With that, a gust of wind blew against him that was so so strong it made him dig into the ground just to keep from being blown away. Constanly it pounded against him, and all the while Sauruman growled and roared, not because of the wind but because it was blowing the fur and feline features off his body and into oblivion.
 After a few seconds, Sauruman returned to his normal human form. "Now, since you're self contained, you can survive this on your own. But, as you well know, war can suffer little children."
 Sauruman had a flashback of when war came to his region, and he was seperated from the only mother he ever knew. Most importantly, he remembered all the pain he went through at a young age, and his vow he made with Natura to do all he could to stop unnessicary wars.
 He looked at Nightmist city, then at the path that blew ahead of him. In the wind he could hear the warriors of Melfice, shouting and clamoring.
 "We are all born to die." He spun his Morning Star around in the air, sheathed it, then ran off into the forest. "
IP Logged

The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 12/14/03 at 21:57:34 »
Quote Quote

The war was only starting to rage when Aerial snapped. She'd had enough of the mindless life of what seemed a drone. Everyday train, talk to few friends, train. It had all boiled down to her losing her temper. She remembered the days where in her own land she was a young Demoness. Here she was reduced to almost Human status. Her powers restricted.  

With a roar of anger and indifferance she charged into the fray swinging her weapon at the bodies of advancing enemy warriors. She didn't know whom it was attacking. It was a battle that threatened her new home. Like it or not it needed defended.  

IP Logged

From the shadows....
Diagonyte

Hardly on(ingame): mostly on weekend nights.

sykoshealer
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 12/16/03 at 15:17:27 »
Quote Quote

Alone in the dark forest awoke a creature,that had been thought to be dead. They no longer called him a man for they werent sure he could even be called that.The ancient race of druids thought to be weak and parishable was no concern to the mortals in the realm of nightmist.As time went on only a few would arise and make themselves known and then all at one a great druid army arose lead by Diagonyte they marched from the forest into the meadow the bright light stinging there eyes momentarily"Are you ready for the dawning of a new era!" shouted Diagonyte.The cheers of glee could be heard from southern gatehouse to the arenas of the hunters town Arilin."you have all trained long and hard and now we will show the people of nightmist first that we are here to RULE!.
Diagonyte looked over at the more stronger warriors in the group who were all standing on the front line at the ready.

When shall we strike shouted Vampyre on of the strongest females if not the , muscular Jango ,cunning Furion , Darknature,Norinth,Reborn,Daermon,Phaze,Avenging_druid,
Illidan,Zero,duce,Hawkwind and many more smiled many holding Hawk talons and the best armor they could find.
Jango turned to the army and yelled"We will strike swift and fast 1/4 of us will travel to the baracks those who have mastered natures fury and morph.Another 4th will sit in the forest and conjure Grasping Vines and slaughter all who pass using storms wrath.the rest will morph and camouflage and ravage the lands taking nightmist by storm.

To Be Continued...
IP Logged

There is no good or evil there is only power and those too weak to seek it.-Tom Marvolo Riddle(J.K.R.)
Diagonyte,syko_ s_healer,ludo_bagman,achilles,abra,da_wraith,inuyasha_sama
Trevayne

Keeper of the Dead

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 12/16/03 at 19:39:24 »
Quote Quote

A solitary figure moved across the battlefield.  His gray cloak trailed in the mud, stained red along the bottom fringe from his work.  He stopped at each of the fallen, laying his hand upon their faces, closing their eyes to this life.

He seemed oblivious to the chaos around him.  His only concern was for the crumpled bodies that littered the field.  The more experienced warriors paid him little heed, recognizing from his cloak and the silver sigil on his forehead the mark of a Keeper of the Dead.  He was no threat to them.  A few novices saw him as an easy target, only to find their blades turning back against themselves as they too came under his care.

From a distance, he saw Aerial cutting her way through a crowd of journeymen warriors.  She scattered them like chaff in the wind, their bodies falling around her as her anger raged.  He waited for her and then spoke with a quiet confidence that seemed entirely out of place on this field.

"There are wounds worse than death.  I feel your suffering and I know some of your pain.  Do what you must, but when you tire of the bloodshed and the senseless war, I will be waiting for you at the edge of the Barrier forest.  May you find peace."

He glanced at the piles of bodies scattered across the field.  "There is much work for me here."  He began to walk away.  He turned back only once to raise his hand and bestow the ancient blessing of his order. "May you live with honor in the light and pass with grace into the darkness."
IP Logged

In Game: Aeryn, Bernard, Trevayne, ...
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 12/17/03 at 07:37:56 »
Quote Quote

Hear the voice she'd thought for just a moment it was just another voice in her head and tried to block it. She hated those that impeded upon her thoughts against her wishes. So used frequently in her home lands. The dark cold almost crimson tinted eyes lift to the man.  

Staring she ponders wither or not to attack him til he walked away offerering peace. The battle really meant nothing to her. It like all else was almost mindless attacks. Sort of like a game a child would play to learn war stratagy. What did it matter if people died so long as the goals were met. Or so it was seeming to her. She sighed then and took a step back.  

When once she'd have closed her eyes and drew forth a large ball of black flames to obliterate the opposition. She just merely for now watched the waring sides collide. Melfice on one end. Druids and defenders of Nightmist life on the other.  

So simple it could be if she just walked away and let all fall. Or let darkness fall within hear heart and join that of the opposition to her "family/clan's" cause. Maybe that was what was being called for. To turn one's back upon all one knew. Leaving behind the familiar and crossing the line.
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.