Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Mix up at the Boars Tusk. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/24 at 14:44:41

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Mix up at the Boars Tusk.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mix up at the Boars Tusk.  (Read 3232 times)
Spongebob22
USA 

pimp61079  
View Profile

Mix up at the Boars Tusk.
« on: 11/06/03 at 01:35:41 »
Quote Quote

"Crack"
The sound was minute, but unavoidable.  
Readying himself for battle, Brandnew stepped forward another inch. His plan, to gain the element of surprise and attack with such speed that his opponent wouldn't have a chance.  
He approached the crouched animal ever so quietly. But as he lifted his weapon for the killing blow, the creature turned on him and responded with such shocking fury that his plan instantly became unworkable. The creature squealed. It attacked.
Brandnew squinted in pain as it's sharp nails gouged and sliced his forearms.
Blood. Slender ribbons of blood.
The creature squirmed and kicked and it was becoming increasingly hard to hold on to despite Brandnew's obvious size and muscle mass over this attacker.
The thing pursed its twisted mouth and spat at him. A viscous, foul-smelling glob of yellow spittle struck his nose.  
Raising his weapon above his head, he brought it down in an arch across the things back.  
It arched in pain, but didn't relent in its attack.
Thunder smashed into the porcelain night and lightning coruscated through the brief spell of blackness before the creature became visible again.  
Brandnew struggled with the unholy ferocious being, and almost lost his weapon.  
Able to now see the creature, Brandnew hunched down and attacked with a viscosity bordering on insanity.  
One slice.
Two slices.
What was once a attacker became dead in moments.  
Retreaving the item that the creature was hoarding, he wiped the blade of his weapon clean and lumbered through the night to the next town.
Nightmist.
The sign was old and tattered, cracked.
Grunting and growling he made his way to the large gates protecting the town. Off to his right he could hear the sounds of battle, pathetic thieves tried to covertly hide from him. But he saw them. He always did.  
Staying back from him was the best thing they could do for themselves at this point, as Brandnew was battle ready and very cautious.  
Entering the town, passing the guards, he made his way to what appeared to be a Inn. Townspeople glared and stared at him. Still drenched in the creatures blood, he walked up to the doors of the Inn.
The doors gave way easy to him, wooden and hanging, they swung easy.
Stepping inside, he looked around and instantly noticed the bar was full of wanna-be pick pockets. Laughing to himself, he stepped over to a table and took a seat.  
A short but thick blood-trail followed him to his seat and he noticed eyes. Glaring.
Why so many eyes were looking at him, he did not know, nor did he care. What he did care about was the pretty little thing at the next table. She looked tired, worn out even. Should be easy he thought to himself. Nodding to the bartender, he threw a gold coin on the table and sat back waiting for his drink. Something in the rafters moved, ever so slightly, but movement non-the-less.
IP Logged

The problem with America is stupidity. Im not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why dont we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.
Spongebob22
USA 

pimp61079  
View Profile

Re: Mix up at the Boars Tusk.
« Reply #1 on: 11/07/03 at 21:21:11 »
Quote Quote

Waiting.
Brandnew sat lifeless in the old wooden chair still waiting for his drink. Grunting and placing his hand on the table, he gets the attention of the bartender who promptly nods at him.  
Looking around, he notices a man in a black leather cloak walking slowly around the bar. The swift movements of the man's hands show that he is a very adept thief.  
One.
Two.
Three bags of money stolen in the blink of an eye.  
Clutching his bag of gold to his chest, he leans back and watches as one by one, the patrons are relieved of their belongings.
« Last Edit: 11/08/03 at 05:58:47 by Spongebob22 » IP Logged

The problem with America is stupidity. Im not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why dont we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.
Angel
England 

Death to the Infidels!

60398485 60398485    
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 11/08/03 at 05:44:50 »
Quote Quote

Angel sat at the bar, staring intently into the darkness, boots resting on the table. Slowly sipping his pint of ale thinking to himself 'I need a good kill...this stuff just isn't up to much...' Sitting silently listening to the gentle banter, 'even the conversation is lacking this eve.' he thought to himself. Suddenly he felt a gentle tug on his pouch. Turning with an almost unnatural speed he grabbed the offending hand firmly. Staring firmly into the man's eyes he allowed his vampiric visage appear for just an instant, he whispered gently "Reconsider your actions, is an empty pouch really worth a life......and I am ever so hungry of late." Moving the thieves hand away he released it, he returned his attention to the darkness and his half empty tankard not to be bothered again.
IP Logged

It hurts sometimes more than we can bear,
if we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace,
empty rooms, shuttered and dank,
without passion we'd be truly dead.
Spongebob22
USA 

pimp61079  
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 11/08/03 at 06:02:36 »
Quote Quote

The eyes of the man at the bar botherd Brandew. He couldnt place them, being of nothing he had ever seen before.
He sat drinking his ale, when his hair started to stand on end. Shouting and yelling erupted from the cornor of the bar.
With a growl, he stood up and threw the table from infront of him, drawing his weapon at the same time.  
Grunting and growling, it took him a moment to notice that he was not under attack, just two pathetic looking creatures exchanging blows in the left side of the bar. Looking around, he watches the lady from the table next to him stand up and begin to push her way to the front of the crowd.
Behind her, a rather large fighter foolishly decked out in spiked armor, stood up and begun to follew her in.
Brandnew's eyes turned from grey to red as he watched the events unfold.  
The man grabbed the woman around the mid-section and placed his hands over her mouth, not a sound emmited from her as he dragged her out of the crowd. Brandnew thought for sure that the man would take this woman for all she was worth when out of the cornor of his eye, he caught a glimps of something launched from the rafters. It was a Halfling. The hafling not wasting any time, withdrew a small blade from his satchel and moved over to the Fighter.  
The fighter never knew what hit him as the Hafling spilled his blood with a simple movement of his hand. The woman coughed as the man wiped the blood off his blade and slid it inside his cloak. The hafling turned and nodded to the victor of the bar fight, then turned his attention back to the Fighter. Blood sprayed out of the Fighter's neck as the gash seemnd to open wider with every breath that he tried to take.  
Laughing to himself, Brandnew turned around and saw another women sitting at a table, seemenly oblivious to the attractions. She was donned in the typical robes of a healer. His breath caught in his throut as she was strikingly beautiful. Long flowing hair that waved in the windless bar, slender in apperance, he estimated her weight at around one-hundred and thirty pounds, give or take.
Walking over to her, he placed his weapon in its holder.  
She looked up and smiled. What a smile she had. She looked so peaceful as if nothing could ruin this moment for her. Tranquil, and alert at the same time.
IP Logged

TrinityKiss

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 11/09/03 at 02:25:40 »
Quote Quote

Walks into bar, a fellow healer, with her normal robes.  Her long dark hair flew behind her.  She looked pissed. She quickly sat down somewhere, and looked like she was waiting for someone.
IP Logged
TrinityKiss

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 11/09/03 at 02:28:29 »
Quote Quote

Looks as if she doesn't even notice the fight going on. A heavily armed man walks in, and her hardened expression turnes to vulnerable fear.  She puts her hair in her face, and tries not to look up.  She feels her breath caught in her throat, and her stomach churns. She knows somethings going to happen, and she waits.  She plots her escape, but stops, as he slowly turns around to scan the place.  She feels terrified, and is paralyzed in pure fear.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 11/11/03 at 03:48:07 »
Quote Quote

(ooc I would play the heavily armored man, But thats just not my characters persona Tongue)

A heavily robed man strides through the swinging doors of the bar. Upon first glance He looks as if he is a mage, but as he turns to scan the room you see the faint glimmer of steel from a longsword strapped to his back. The robes he is wearing could also hold any number of weapons, magical or otherwise.

Upon closer inspection you see symbols tatooed to his face, and you suspect they are tatooed acrouss most of his body, as you now realize what this traveler is, he is of a profession lost in time, He is a Shadow Master, one with the abilities to control dark magic, but also one who is unconsumed by it, because of the the runes tatooed all along his body.

As he strides up to the bar he keeps his face hidden within the cowls of his robe, and refrains from looking anywhere other than his destination. As he seats himself at the bar, he looks in the direction of a figure sitting at the end of the bar. Signaling with a small smirk that he knows what this man is.

As he picks up his drink, and promptly drains it he scans the room quickly with his eyes, noting the halfling hiding in the shadows of the rafters as well as the dieing body of a young man. He then proceeds to place his hands deep in his robe, and seems to fall into some sort of trance.

(ooc Been awhile since I've done this, I've chosen here to re-train myself in the writing methods I formerly used, Tell me how I did)
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Spongebob22
USA 

pimp61079  
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 11/11/03 at 04:21:42 »
Quote Quote

(Well it wouldnt be to bad, except for the fact that NM does not contain Shadow Masters, and the hafling was down from the rafters by the time you entered the inn.)
IP Logged

Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 11/11/03 at 04:42:04 »
Quote Quote

(*COUGH* I had assumed he had climbed back upwards, seeing as you just kinda left him there, And it doesnt matter that there is no shadow master class, seeing as you cant really be vampires in the game as a race *points to angel* So I stick my tounge out at you)
IP Logged

Spongebob22
USA 

pimp61079  
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 11/11/03 at 18:59:09 »
Quote Quote

(but angel is a vampire in game, so it is alowed...lol)
IP Logged

Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 11/11/03 at 20:28:06 »
Quote Quote

(Oh well, Its just the forum not the game, Tongue who knows... he could just be an evil paladin, like sheesh, anywho, someone continue)
IP Logged

Pin

Deadly Beloved & the aviators all the way baby!!!!

ArchAngelVirus1
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 11/23/03 at 11:20:16 »
Quote Quote

(Ok... my first time doing this... but i'm going to try my best to get it right... please just hit me up with some constructive critizem.. i hate that word... never can spell it right lol)

The doors was pushed open by a rather built man... he enters slowy those eyes gazing around, the spiked armor set on it's proper place... he nods to Brandnew having seen him on battle grounds and fought beside him a few times... he takes a seat at a table near the back of the group. Darkness... the one place he could call home... Both croc booted feet where raised and rested on the table a whistle was given and the bartender smirked to Pin and got is drinks, about 5 mugs of ale, and brung them to his table.  Gold was exchanged and the bar tender returned to his spot awaiting the next order.  The man smiles lightly shifting the halberd that was on his back and laying it on the table in front of him. Two thieves soon approached him after about the forth mug was gone and Pin smirked knowing the game.  And sure enough one thief began making coversation with the man the other just standing there quietly watching the two converse... Pin acted as though intrested in what the thief was saying and returned the words spoken with his own... out of the corner of his eye he saw the other thief reaching for the halberd and allowed the hand to rest of the beginning of the wooden shaft just below the bladed regions... as the hand lifted the weapon Pin stood quickly the end of the weapon being grabbed a brung up the flat end of the ax part hitting the one thief in the chin then drawing the weapon back and allowing the hilt to catch the other man... pin snickered and retook his seat "Move on you low lifes and try again later" he spoke in that deep voice and set back sipping the last mug of ale  

(As i said it's my first time so please tell me how to make it better... and ty for reading)

(P.S. excuse typo's lol they love me)
IP Logged
Spongebob22
USA 

pimp61079  
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 11/24/03 at 20:55:48 »
Quote Quote

(nice job pin, see i knew you had it in you!)
IP Logged

darknessanddragons

Email

« Reply #13 on: 11/28/03 at 17:09:26 »
Quote Quote

a young man walks into the bar and sits down. he puts his hand axe away and starts to count the money he stole. "101, 102, 103, 104, and 105" he then healed himself and started to think about how he would raise money if he had to spend it healing......

OOC: i do this alot soim realy good. not the best but......
IP Logged
TrinityKiss

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 11/29/03 at 03:07:28 »
Quote Quote

Sees the man look by and quickly turns to leave, but soon as she is about to make her move, she feels a heavy hand on her shoulder.
IP Logged
Stalker

i dunno

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 01/26/04 at 12:23:31 »
Quote Quote

Just then a rather small looking man walked into the pub.. He was short but the had the look of someone who has a lot of experience in the battlefield. he sat down at the nearest table and nodded to the bartender to get him a drink. once he had recieved his pint he sat back in his chair and withdrew a small sharp dagger from within his tunic. he wiped the blood off the blade and looked around for his next victim. Over in the corner he saw a fight going on, he looked past this fight and then as if by magic he dissappeared from view, a scream was heard over the other side of the pub and then he appeared at his seat again, he cleaned his blade once again then carried on drinking his pint and counted the gold he had just earned
IP Logged

a wise man once told me that if you dont hurt people they wont hurt you. he lied .....so i killed him
Stalker

i dunno

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 01/26/04 at 12:24:27 »
Quote Quote

(sorry if that was a bit poor that was my first attempt)
IP Logged

a wise man once told me that if you dont hurt people they wont hurt you. he lied .....so i killed him
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/04/04 at 18:26:01 »
Quote Quote

Another halfling walks into the bar, he carries a knife made out of crystal in one hand, he is clad in ironweed and his hands bear centipede gloves. He walks forward taking calculated steps and making no sound whatsoever. He walks over to the bar and slids into a stool, buys himself a weak beer and starts to drink it. He surveys the entire room getting a basic overview of all the patrons and moves then starts idly flipping his knife in the air and catching it.

A gnome mage slips into the room and moves to the seat next to the theif he orders a slightly stronger beer and starts to drink. He lays his staff across his lap but never takes his eyes off the crowd.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Raven
Australia 

Lasden In Game

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/07/04 at 08:31:40 »
Quote Quote

An Elf walks into the bar, a small black raven purched on his shoulder and a wolf walking next to him. He murmers something to the Raven and took a seat next to the gnome mage. The wolf lays down behind the elf.  
The elf looks around the room and looks at the man on the floor in a pool of blood.
"Men are violent creatures" he thought to himself.
"So Lasden you be wanting somethin to drink?" the bartender asks.
"No thankyou" Lasden replied.
"Suite Yourself" the barkeeper said.
Suddenly the wolf started to growl softly and Lasden looked around to see another male elf walking towards him.
The Elf also was accompanied by a wolf.
"Good day Lasden" he said
"Hello there Dregos" replied Lasden
Lasden slid his hand into his pocket to find his gold missing.
Lasden smiled then said something to the Raven purched on his shoulder in an ancient tounge.
The Raven flew up into the rafters of the pub.
"Dregos i belive my gold has been stolen"
Dregos just laughed  
"Shadrach please retrive my gold for me" he spoke softly to the wolf.
The wolf began to sniff around the pub untill he came across to men siting nere the back of the pub.
The wolf let out a sickening howl and jumped up onto one of the two men biting and scratching the mans face.
IP Logged

Swift, swift, you dragons of the night, that dawning
May bear the raven's eye
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/09/04 at 03:56:20 »
Quote Quote

((I read through this and I'm so confused! >_<
There's a reason people have names. It's so we don't have to call each other "The Man," "The Woman," "The Halfling..." etc.

Oh, well. Perhaps I complain too much. XD))

Steven walked into the bar and sighed. However, his deep breath was cut short by a hacking cough caused by the terrible fumes of blood, ale and various types of body odour.

He brushed his hazel-brown hair from his eyes (deeply shaded green). Steven had a fair build to himself for a mere human but no-one would ever think to call him a warrior by his attire. He wore a tattered leather vest with leggings of the same material.
He carried no weapons but the jingling of his necklace was very clear throughout the room. Twas no more than a silver chain, charmed with a silver figurine on a crucifix. On his right wrist, he carried another symbol of his faith - a simple, metal band with the letters "WWJD" engraved on it.

Trying not to inhale through his nose, Steven took a seat at the bar and tried to attract the attention of the tender with a wave of his hand.
"Err...H-Hi...D-Do you think I-I could get...umm...err...a-a chocolate milk...?"
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.