Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Sin City »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/28/24 at 15:05:15

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Sin City
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sin City  (Read 537 times)
Vincent

View Profile

Sin City
« on: 10/01/03 at 03:26:16 »
Quote Quote

About a hundred years ago, there used to be a place far to the West, close to the rising sun. A place grander than the most fabled palaces or the tallest castles. Few knew of this place except in fairy tales and old wive's stories. The city of Sin was just as real as the tooth fairy for all anybody cared. But I had ambitions, I had a dream to go there! Ever since I was a child, the stories had always enraptured me and caught my ear. Any information I could get, I devoured with a passionate hunger. On a gloomy day at the Boar's Tusk, I met an odd man. His body was enshrouded with a large cloak, hiding his skin. Seeing a stranger, I thought it a chance opportunity. I sat down next to the man and ordered a drink. "Aye there stranger, how goes it?" I casually said. "What do you want?" The man quietly replied, "You have no business with me". "Ah, but I do! You see, it is not often a man like yourself comes into this dreary pub. Please, tell me if you know anything of the city of Sin". With a heavy sigh, the man lifted the cloak slightly, revealing his face. All that I saw was a dirty black figure with two yellow eyes penetrating my skull. "Is this what you want? You want to know about that d**ned city?! You, boy, are not meant to go there. That city is for nobody spare the cruel at heart and cunning in skill. You do not look like you could pass for one of them any day. Let me guess, you have heard tales about that city, tales about riches, and grand buildings? It's a lie! All of it. The only riches there lay in the graves of dead men that rest there, for they have finally escaped the horrible life they had come there for. That is no place for you, find another tale to follow". I stared at this man, and I could not even begin to fathom what he had told me. After a while, I got up to leave this tortured soul, but I was still confused about two things. Who or what were these things so foul that dwell there, and most importanly...how do I get there? I turned round to ask the man my questions, but he was gone. Despairingly, I took a look around and realized he was gone for good. So I took a seat and ordered another ale when something on the seat poked me. I got up and lo, there was a dirty dagger and on the seat next to me, a small diary. I paid the bartender, picked up the items and rushed out the door back to my home. I had a lot of plans for that diary alright.

Hastily locking my door and sitting at my desk, I begin to open the diary. To my astonishment, it is locked! Examining the diary, I find the letters D and S etched into the spine. Taking a closer look at the spine, it seems to be shaped kind of funny, almost like a sheath. Picking up the dagger and inspecting it, I find the same letters, D and S etched into the hilt. Putting two and two together, I insert the dagger into the spine and hear a small click. The diary springs open to the first page. "That sure was odd" I thought aloud. Carefully looking at the semi-torn first page, I see the name Finn written in fine caligraphy. I eagerly begin to read the first passages.

The diary must wait...you are not ready for it's secrets...not yet...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.