Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - The War of the Elementals »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 17:05:03

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   The War of the Elementals
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The War of the Elementals  (Read 1360 times)
Kazul
USA 

Don't speak, just let people assume your dumb.

hellcat13713
View Profile

« on: 09/30/02 at 21:37:01 »
Quote Quote

Ok the story is as follows,

As the world flows through a golden age, harmony was destroyed, and the balance broken by an evil wizard.  Soon after his uprising the world began flooding with dark energy, as orcs, demons, and magic of the worst kind seized control of all life.  None can escape this, so in a last hope to save what is left of this once peaceful land, the council of the light called for one representative from each tribe(Light, Shadow, Earth, Fire, Lightning, and Wind) to come together, and meet at the altar of light, in hope crushing there way through the gates of Mundus's dark kingdom, and destroying this evil.

They will have to defeat the Dark Lords Minions first, for each hold a piece of the key to entering his land.  So be prepared for a journey that will require both fortitude, strength, and imagination.

The races will be: Elf, Dwarf, Human, Night-Elf, Halfling(Though if you wish to add a race, you are more than welcome, provided you give an explantion of their background, or a description of their appearance)

Magic's - Light, Shadow, Earth, Fire, Lightning, and Wind  
This will be my description, please follow in this format

Name: Graken

Race: Human

Specialty: Sword

Tribe: Shadow

Background: Graken is the mightiest warrior of his tribe, his family all share in a legacy of mighty protectors of the village.  To him being allowed to fight for this cause is a great honor, which he defeated several members of his tribe to earn.

Description: As you gaze upon Graken you see a man with hallow eyes, filled with fire.  Lashed to his back is the Dragonslayer, a mighty blade crafted by dwarven smiths from an age long since passed, it measures 5 1/2 feet long, with a blade of solid black mithril, the hilt encrested with stones of blood red, shines in a fine silver finish.  

He wears Midnight black armor, and boots, with pants of a faint grey, and a cloak of the same shade of black, which he wears the hood of unless in battle to hid the scar across his eye.

He carries the mark of the traitor, for he refused to slaughter the innocent in Mundus's name.  Strange that though this burden, which draws the servants of the Dark Lord to him, also carries an unintentional gift.  When in a fit of dark rage, this wound will glow blood red, as he releases his fury,  giving him both unnatural stamina, and speed.  Few enemies may survive the onslaught that ensues once this begins.  

It is not necessary to write a description as long as mine, my imagination just runs away from me some times, make your's as long or short as you please.
« Last Edit: 10/02/02 at 22:07:05 by Kazul » IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
Mech

I am The Mech......Sorta thing...

Mech5462
View Profile

« Reply #1 on: 10/16/02 at 15:31:07 »
Quote Quote

Name: Mech

Race: Android/Robot

Specialty: Strength/Mind

Tribe: Lightning

Background: Mech's background is unknown, he was created in a secret Lab., funded for making war machines. Yet, Mech refuses to destroy all that he comes accross, instead he prefers to bring peace. He has been known to go into a Rage if provoked too much.

Description: Mech stands to be atleast 6ft tall with a very large, thick, sword, seeming to just float around his body as if magnitized to him. The sword looks oddly carved, giving it an intimidating slash as opposed to the ever so common stabbing blade. Attached to part of his arm, an enormous Kite shaped shield, embedded with gold, silver and platinum. Mech is obviously an Android/Robot with inhuman abilities, but, with the weakness to feelings and bear blood.
« Last Edit: 10/28/02 at 16:11:01 by Cyric » IP Logged

Nahh. It definately wasn't me that starred in the film, "Psycho,"... I'm more insane.
Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

Re: The War of the Elementals
« Reply #2 on: 10/16/02 at 23:06:09 »
Quote Quote

one thing though, and I do appreciate you're joining, we need each person to choose a different tribe, filling all the empty spots, I have already chosen Shadow, so could u possibly choose another?
IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 10/26/02 at 10:18:36 »
Quote Quote

ok I'm going to explain this, you will create all aspects of your character, name and all, then once the RPing stats you will seize full control of you guy, and through posts, you will tell how you handle the situation, as you become the character you are controling, hence the name Role Playing.  So create a guy, and join in, it will be fun.
IP Logged

Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 11/05/02 at 01:27:34 »
Quote Quote

ok well i find it funny we have 138 views, and 1 person has posted, common people give me a break lol, I'm just trying to add some fun to the forums.
IP Logged

Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 11/17/02 at 09:25:27 »
Quote Quote

Name: Michael

Race: Angel

Specialty: Ranged Weapons/Healing

Tribe: Light

Background: Michael was sent to earth from heaven under the direct orders of the Almighty.  Although his true goals are hidden from all, his intentions are noble.  

Description:  Michael stands an easy 7 feet with a wing span of around 12 feet.  A shiny, silver helmet covers over halfof his face and head, making his eyes and nose unseen to everyone.  Out of the helmet flows long, white hair that seems to float in an ever blowing breeze.  On his back between his wings is a quiver that never seems to exhaust.  On his shoulder sits the Heavenly Bow, a long bow crafted by the Almighty especially for Michael.  It is made of an alloy you have never seen on earth, that glows like it is made of pure light itself, while one solemn thread of gold is used as the string.  On his hands he wear what seems to be normal leather gloves that have have the fingers and palms cut from them.  On his palms you make out a symbol that seems to be a crucifix that glows brightly.  He wears no other armor, just a tattered golden cloth around his waste, tied to him by a golden rope, and a pair of leather sandals.  Just being around Michaelmakes you feel more calm, and ready to take on any form of evil that you might encounter.
IP Logged
Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 11/18/02 at 23:52:24 »
Quote Quote

IC: Graken turned and faced the tattered image that stood on his table, a small statue of his father(a once proud warrior of his clan) who is now deceased.  Dropping to one knee in front of his fathers statue, anger swelled through him to begin the hunt of the man responsible for his fathers death.  One tear fell from Graken's clenched eyes, and he turned to his cupboard, withdrew his mighty blade from his resting place, and strapping it to his back, turned and walked out of his home, unsure if he would ever see it again.  

Graken was not much for goodbyes.  So with a single wave to his villagers, graken set out at a blistering pace, head down full speed towards his destination, The Altar of Light.  Mundus sensed the determination of this young man, and was eager to end his journey quickly.  Mundus had set a suprise up for Graken that would cut his journey short.   Little did he know he was charging into a trap.

OOC:  Alright this is how it goes, I've given you an idea of what to do, let your imaginations run wild, and if you wanna speak out of context do like i did, OOC, and when telling the story IC.   Lets have some fun, great danger, and powerful battles await us all.  As for the tribes not already represented, I hope people will read this post, and take up those positions if not, we'll just have some fun going 3 against a million =)
IP Logged

Joppa
USA 

gimme back that stomach hat you thief

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 12/13/02 at 12:27:17 »
Quote Quote

Name: Joppicus Confucious

Race: Halfling

Specialty: Travel, Archery

Tribe: Wind

Background: Joppicus, son of Gener Confucious (a Ranger, known for his outstanding archery) and Angela Mideiv (a Druid), was born many years before Mundus and his followers had much power. His father and mother, knowing they were both growing too old for battle, taught Joppicus everything they knew. At the age of 10 Joppicus had won over 25 archery contests, and was beginning to discover he also had certain abilities that he got from his mother. Slowly he learned how to increase running speed, and how to slow others down. Now at the age of 30, the Council of Light has summoned him, and ofcourse he will be of service.

Description: As you look at Joppicus, he gives you a kind smile, then looks away. He stands at a mere 4 and a half feet tall, but by only looking at him you know his powers are great. In his hand he holds a Longbow of the Stormcaller, which is easily twice the size of him. It has been enchanted by a great magician, giving it great strength. Magical leaves, glowing a dull green, are constantly flowing off of it, then disappearing. On his back rests a full quiver of arrows. He is wearing a Forest Stalker Breastplate, colored dark green, and Ancient Wurmhide Greaves on his legs. Around his waste sits a Flowing Black Silk Sash, magically enhancing his speed. He has no boots, for his large hairy feet, travel much quicker and quieter when bare.  

IC: Determined to prove to his strength and honor, Joppicus says farewell to his family and friends, and sets off on his long journey, toward the Altar of Light.

OOC: whee this is fun! wish i woulda checked this topic out earlier.  Grin
IP Logged

"Is that your blood?" "Some of it, yeah"
Lastel
USA 

You *turnip*bite!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 12/15/02 at 01:19:18 »
Quote Quote

Name: Razalite (Razzin) of Lazenscyth

Race: Human

Specialty: Magick's

Tribe: Fire

Description: At 5'11'', he stands about as tall as the average human. Yet due to his frail form, one would think he is constantly ill. He shrouds his face behind his dark black hair and with a red hooded cloak. Yet his deep, strong, blue eyes seem to give the persona of power. Being a mage of neutral belief, he wears red robes with black bands on the end of his sleeves and on the bottom of his cloak and robes.

Background: Raised by the rich, child of the strong, and student of the wise, Razalite had something most didn’t; the chance to be whatever he wanted. Yet, ever the character of individuality, he despised everything about him. Yet, being smart, he took advantage of it. After a demonstration of the immense power of Magick he decided to be taken on as an apprentice to Ishakan the Sage.

Over years of endless study and turmoil at the hands of Ishakan, Razalite eventually mastered the use of his first spell. Though minor, and virtually useless, he had achieved something great, he had broken down the gates of Magick. In congratulation Ishakan gave Razalite the name Razzin (which he was called from this day forth). Understanding now, why Ishakan had put him through so much pain, he felt a fondness for his master. After this, he studied for ten more years under the wise teachings of Ishakan. During this time, they began to form a friendship more powerful than the magic that was being thought.

When Razzin was 17, he was tasked to find a tome for Ishakan. Yet this was no ordinary task, for Razzin was not told the name of the tome, he must find that out on his own. So on the eleventh anniversary of their studies, Razzin set out on his 'grand' quest.

Years passed in endless searching, finding much, yet nothing at all. As the thought of failure crept upon him, he began to search less and rest more. Yet deep down inside, he felt the incessant pull at him, telling him that he will never be what he could be if he continues like this, that he must find this tome.

As he walks into the town of Zanseth, he stops in the tavern for a drink and a nights sleep...

IC: *Takes a seat at the bar and slams his hand on the table signaling for a drink* "Give me something strong yet not so strong as to put a full grown steed to sleep..."
IP Logged

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil..."
Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 12/16/02 at 01:26:14 »
Quote Quote

OOC: Thank you for the new members, will be a pleasure I'm sure.  Lets all have fun, and a good journey.

IC: Graken surged forward solemly, eager to reach his destination, yet knowing it was a sad task ahead of him.  A sudden strike of pain hit in the scar on Graken's neck.  As it began to glow red Graken realized what lie ahead of his current path.  He mumbled softly to himself, and morphed into his shadow form, becoming invisible to the naked eye.  

Sneaking into the clearing ahead Graken searched quickly, scanning the entire area with expert speed.   Sighting the first of his potential assasins, Graken Threw 4 darts with pin point accuracy, and as they found their mark piercing the skin between their eyes.  A great battle had begun.  Drawing his mighty blade, Graken returned to his normal form and began to disband the enemies, raising his hand and crushing back the first wave of orc attackers with a powerful blast of dark magic.  With room created, Graken charged forward swinging his mighty blade as this eyes began to glow red with bloodlust and murdous rage.  Wave after wave came, each one meeting the same fate, as the large blade swung, cleaving head and limb incessantly.  As Graken continued to fight, the orc leader shot an unexpected arrow, piercing the shoulder of Graken forcing him to drop his blade to the ground.  Anger shot through him along with the pain and he stared up just as a orc warrior turniped his blade back to finish off Graken.

OOC:  Enter the backup if you would lol.  

IP Logged

Lastel
USA 

You *turnip*bite!

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 12/16/02 at 03:32:29 »
Quote Quote

OOC: I foretell that we shall Wink

IC: After leaving the tavern and walking along the road he heard what sounded like a small skirmish. Eager for battle, he began to run towards the sounds. As he turned the corner he saw a shadowy form get struck with an arrow from a large orc.

As the man was about to see his death, Razzin began to chant As nath los manta throl en san. Gaining intensity as he spoke the words, flames began to erupt around him. Suddenly, Razzin let loose a flurry of magical arrows aimed for the orc nearest the beaten man. Bolt after bolt of magical energy slammed into the unsuspecting orc, knocking him off of his feet and dropping his blade.

Immediately after Razzin let loose the spell, he began to chant once more, this time in a darker, more powerful voice. Once again, the flames erupted about him as he began to intensify. As Razzin finished the chanting, he pointed his finger at one of the now charging orcs. Suddenly there was a flash of darkness as what could only be called a beam of death shot forth from Razzin's finger tip, exploding into the orc and sending him flying backwards through the air.

Yet, this spell was too much for Razzin's tired form to handle, and as soon as the casting was done, he fell to his knees, an easy target for the remaining charging orc.
IP Logged

Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 12/16/02 at 09:16:30 »
Quote Quote

IC: Graken had returned to his shadow form as his composure returned to him, healing him immediately, allowing him to return to the battle in greater, and more violent fury.  Casting a quick spell he shot his hand towards the his dark savior and a huge dark hand shot forward clearing a path for Graken then creating a protective dome over the man while he finished the battle.  

What many fail to realize is that in a world filled with darkness the very land you tread on is filled with this shadow, allowing Graken strange and powerful advantages.  Creating another hand, larger than the previous, the remaining orcs were engulfed in darkness and raised high into the air before Graken dispelled the field and these freaks fell to their deaths.  

Sheathing his sword Graken finally dispelled the protective barrier surrounding the suprisingly strong yet fatigued mage.  Graken pulled the man to his feet and smiled in gratitude.

OOC: Lets all join in lol
IP Logged

Mech

Mech5462
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 01/21/03 at 16:36:31 »
Quote Quote

OOC: Sorry i'm late!

IC: A tall figure steps out of no-where, clapping slowly. As he moves into the light, his features that of an average human, but with a bit of a twist to them; they look more 'Evlolved' than the normal person you'd encounter. He grins, then stops clapping, "Bravo, splendid, brilliant!" he says smoothly, the grin remaining, "But I have one question..." he pauses for a moment or two, then continues, "Am I late to fight anything else?"
IP Logged

Nahh. It definately wasn't me that starred in the film, "Psycho,"... I'm more insane.
Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/03/03 at 20:17:34 »
Quote Quote

OOC:  No prob, lets just have fun.

IC: Graken turned and looked at what he could only describe as a walking machine.  Graken quickly drew his blade unsure of whether this new creature was friend or foe.  His eyes changed from the kind smiling glare to a fierce red gaze in an instant.  All the inhabitants of the area could feel the dark energy surging from this man waiting at any moment to be released.

A crackle of thunder struck through the silence of the moment and the strangers form became engulfed in lightning.  Mech quickly introduced himself as the representative of the tribe of light.  

Graken apologetically smiled as he once again sheathed his sword, and let his power fade back into the shadow world.  

"I am Graken, commander of the Dark tribe, and it's representative for this solemn quest, it is a pleasure Master Mech."

Next Graken turned towards his magical savior in hopes if discovering his identity, and hoping this powerful mage might be one of his companions.

OOC: If anyone new is intersted in joining in feel free.
IP Logged

Lastel
USA 

You *turnip*bite!

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/04/03 at 00:34:43 »
Quote Quote

OOC: Been away for awhile, but am back to continue.

IC: Razzin, slowly regaining his berings, looked around, at the destruction that had ensued about him. Then, realizing that his life had been saved by this unknown yet formidable warrior, he quickly tried to stand. Yet the fatigue of the spell had not yet left him, so he quickly fell back to his knees. Razzin finaly managed to stand and slowly made his way towards his savior.

"Hello" said Razzin, the tone and volume of his voice showing clearly his fatiuge. He looked around once again, only now noticing the newcomer and cursing himself for his stupidity. "Not again" he mumbled quietly as he began to fall in to the casting of another spell.

It was because of this that he didnt hear or see his saviors act of kindness towards the newcomer...

OOC: Sorry, no spellcheck, Word is acting up.
IP Logged

Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 02/05/03 at 15:22:55 »
Quote Quote

IC:  Graken drew a wall of dark energy between the newcomer and his newly acquired friend Razzin.  He did not want brothers in the same cause fighting.  

"Stop Razzin!  He is a tribe representative, as am I."  

As Graken saw Razzin let his fury subside, the wall dissipated and they were free to get acquainted.  Yet all knew time was of the essence and they must make haste towards the altar of light.

OOC: arg, where is everyone else kel lol.
IP Logged

Lastel
USA 

You *turnip*bite!

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 02/06/03 at 00:06:57 »
Quote Quote

OOC: Maybe we scared them? When I say we, I mean you, im not very scary...just a little punk in a dress...

IC: Razzin, realizing his err, blushes in embaresment. "I am sorry," he utters, quietly though, so very quietly. "I need some rest. Would you mind if I left you two for a while?"
IP Logged

Mech

Mech5462
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/07/03 at 18:48:04 »
Quote Quote

OOC: You know Mech is Lightning, not Light, right?

IC: Mech shrugs a bit, then folds his arms across his chest. He stays silent, watching the two, then watching the mage flare up a spell, he stays watching, as if completely bored by his actions. He sighs a bit and turns his back to them. He kicks up a bit of dust and vanishes in an instand with the words, "Call upon me in battle, and I will be there," the words seem to stay in the area, as an everlasting sound.
IP Logged

Mech

Mech5462
View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/13/03 at 22:36:38 »
Quote Quote

OOC: You guys are useless at posting, LOL.

IC: A hundred or so Orcs begin to swarm around the two, seeming extremely angry and alot stronger than normal Orcs. Must be Mountain Orcs, you think. Nothing to do to save yourselves, it would be impossible to fight them all, wouldn't it? A few words eerily echo in each of your minds, "Call upon me in battle and i'll be there..."
IP Logged

Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/20/03 at 04:32:20 »
Quote Quote

sorry guys, but 3 of us just wont to to properly role play, possibly I will try this topic again later, and see if we can get a better turn out, this is just lame trying to do it w/3
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.