Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Nightmist Lounge (role-playing) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/18/24 at 23:43:15

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)  (Read 7883 times)
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

Re: Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)
« Reply #60 on: 01/26/03 at 16:11:57 »
Quote Quote

ooc: because it's telling a story, telling a dream, expression of oneself, to make something and make them real.. not just some lil robot n,s,e,w,u,d controled thing.. but to make it living , breathing. with a story, memory, past and the hopes for a future. that's why that and because it's something we like to do. Does that work for ya?
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #61 on: 02/02/03 at 20:25:53 »
Quote Quote

Arg!!!  No-ones paying attention to me!!! You are all self-centered,  I leave this place and I leave my curse on this place.  Never shall anyone here that has started your life story leave here until he has FINISHED IT, and that includes the story of your last hours.  So, die well, and if anyone drops by and wonders why this black statue I have just placed in the center is here, he must read this inscription and wander all his life until he find the answer.

Found on the scroll he has left is read :

The accursed tavern:  This place was a happy place and many heros retired here, but they became so self-centered in telling their own stories they never listened to anyone else, and their stories must be told in full, and they must never leave until their story is completed, and their spirits will never have rest untilthey send help to the Unicieyre in some way!

IP Logged

I'm hungry!
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

« Reply #62 on: 02/04/03 at 10:50:56 »
Quote Quote

~Princess Aerial~

As she listens she hears the strange man start raving throwing a scroll down calling the tavern cursed. At which she meerly grins,"Curses are fun" she says softly  her eyes sparkling mischieviously as she sends the purple flamed fireball towards the man acting as old as she.  

Everyone is different, Everyone Responds to things in there own way but such actions are like that of one of my age.  

She'd giggle at the point and just watches on the black statue seems to come to life to all within the lounge .. she yawns then and closes her eyes waiting
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Dunadan
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #63 on: 02/16/03 at 03:59:40 »
Quote Quote

by god are you peopel still going at it...you know i was here when the first people arrived in this bar, now it appears to bne more of a mosh pit than a tavern. i will spare some time to tell where i have been these past years.

he sits down, for many ages i wandered , i never found a land that suited me, some had no people in them, others were to hateful, and still in others anarchy ruled supreme, untill i came to a land called utopia, i wandered into the land hoping for a home, and in this world, i found the utopian lords, they told me to follow the rules of honor and to treat my fellow men justly, then they gave me a 200 acre plot of land in the world, by god this appeard to be the greatest thing ever, but then most strangely to me i was not alone, but one of 25 men and women who formed a kingdom. with a most prestigeous and dignified king called Zidane, he was of elven blood, with a province 5 times the size of mine, his armies and his wealth fed the kingdom, and led us to vicotry in several highly coordinated wars, in the end however, the king stepped down, and a new leader rose, to power, this era to me was to be the slow decent of moral and humiliation, we won no more wars, and more kings and queens grabbed the rigns of the kingdom to drop them all to soon, but a day will come when a new king arrises to take the throne, and he will rally my kingdom and lead us to a victory like non other.

ooc: go to www.swirve.com then go to games, its there battlefields is elete, legends is beginers, maybe one of you will be the new king/queen in my kingdom(but don't tell the current queen that)

memories run deep in this world, unfortunately i can not stay, the magic is fading, the mists have spread to far and i must venture back to the land where misteries still survive, where honor is rewarded, and where men and women work together to preform the most complex plans.

ironicly i am returning to the kingdom of mists,where mists reign free, and i pity the man who faces them.
IP Logged

if ignorance is bliss, then why arnt there more happy people
Vyros

I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!

Aserir
View Profile

« Reply #64 on: 02/16/03 at 05:03:53 »
Quote Quote

Isn't there a rule about advertising other games on the forum?
IP Logged

Tongue
Og

Laaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaate!!!

maverickbigmike
View Profile WWW

« Reply #65 on: 03/09/03 at 22:46:25 »
Quote Quote

on 02/16/03 at 05:03:53, Vyros wrote:
Isn't there a rule about advertising other games on the forum?

(ooc: first why are you in a roleplay only to cause problems and not even contribute? and second, dunadan, he makes a good point that would make a good topic for off-topic conv. maybe as "fav games".  btw what is your province:kingdom, memo it to me ingame, Brink
)

*the young, cute drifter slides back in the shadows and while doing so whispers, "i may tell my story later, but am enthraled with what i have heard so far..."
IP Logged

Slow your roll homie, you gotta let things marinate!!!
Shocked
l]D[][]\/[]l]D
USA 

-[]D[][]\/[][]D -

View Profile WWW

« Reply #66 on: 03/30/03 at 23:24:43 »
Quote Quote

RoFL
IP Logged

Caffeine in Game!!
»Gêt RïÇh Ør Ðïê Tryïñg«....
Hail

looking down on hippies since 1984

View Profile

« Reply #67 on: 04/09/03 at 00:49:20 »
Quote Quote

You see a dashing man walks into the tavern looking as if he had just engaged in fierce combat.  His face scarred and burned from his journey, you find it hard to recognize him as one of the elders of the pub. He sheaths his sword and brushes his dirty brown hair to the side.  Aeron Ironthorn begins walking towards Surf.   He drops to one knee and kisses her hand gently.

I overheard your conversation m'lady.  Indeed, it has been many a fortnight since we have spoken, how hast thou been?  The mists have most definetly changed, the Stone Lord has moved west with many of the other beasts that used to inhabit the areas around.  It seems a new breed of foes has appeared.  They are much more vicious than I last remember. One attacked me just outside of the inn earlier this morning, its cries of anguish may have alerted the others of its kind.  Thou must be careful when leaving, I'm sure there are more than just goblins out and about during these late hours. I shall spend my nights here, my days of adventure are numbered, I wish to spend my remaining years among new and old friends.  

Aeron walks away with a smile on his face and takes a seat with the rest of the storytellers.

My friends, this shall be a night to remember. Before I start I must tell thee to be careful when leaving.  It seems that I disturbed some of the new beasts in the area and tonight they are out on the prowl searching for anything and everything that looks like prey...
IP Logged

Atlas in game
Lastel
USA 

You *turnip*bite!

View Profile Email

« Reply #68 on: 04/30/03 at 03:15:52 »
Quote Quote

The door swings wide and a gust of cool air swirls into the tavern. In the doorway stands a man, tall with long, flowing blond hair. He is not beautiful, but is easy on the eyes. His lips rest in a firm, unemotional position, his eyes, crimson, stare straight ahead, unwavering, unblinking.

He moves into the tavern and turns to close the door. He then walks, if one could call it walking, more of a slide, as if he were floating, towards the bar.

As he passes the table, he turns and looks over the table. Seeing an empty seat he walks over towards it. Yet, instead of sitting, he remains standing, hands resting on the chair as though he could stand no longer.

"May I join your...fellowship, or is this seat taken?"

The man waits patiently for a response, a glimmer of hope in his previously dull eyes.
IP Logged

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil..."
Roidhun
Denmark 

I may die by the sword... But if so, so be it!

View Profile

« Reply #69 on: 06/23/03 at 01:39:47 »
Quote Quote

The door creaks open, revealing a tall figure, lit by the incessant lightning. He is heavily cloaked, but as he enters closing the door, it becomes possible to see his ancient grey-bearded face. It is a face whose crinkles speak of good humour, but also of many vile things seen, many battles fought, the scarring on the left side telling that not all were succesful.
The old man limps slowly towards the fireplace, supporting himself on a simple oaken staff.

I am Roidhun the mage. I heard from afar, that telling of stories was taking place in this tavern. Meseems that some of you are known to me, but... an old man's memory sometimes plays him for the fool he may be...  

The old man looks slowly around the room. It seems as though he looks into the very soul of everyone present. He slowly pulls a chair close to the fireplace and sits down, leaning his staff against the wall. He stretches his gnarled hands towards the fire.

Be that as it may, I also have a story to tell, if it please the patrons of this place...

He nods gratefully at the barkeep, who places a foaming tankard of ale within his easy reach, and continues...

...for I was born long before the second Coming of the Mists, and already as a young man, I chose the way of the mage. I trained in the great Guild of Mages in what was then the City of Nightmist. Yea verily, I trained for many a long year, until I finally could venture outside the city proper. At first, I stumbled around the southern woods, but soon I learned to find my way, and many a dead thief and goblin would bear testimony in Hell to my prowess with my skills... Ahhh, well do I remember sucking the life from the body of a foe with one simple spell.

The old man drinks deeply from the tankard and continues, wiping the foam from his long, grey beard with a casual flick of his hand...

Not long after reaching my tenth level of initiation, I came across a man on the northern outskirts of Nightmist. He was a renowned Cleric of the Cult of Medora, his name was, as I recall Master_Healer... From him, I learned many things - among them an undying faith in Medora, the great goddess, and by initiating me into his clan, he helped me attaining greatness, greatness such as few men have attained. Through countless quests, and by slaying ever stronger foes of the realm and of the clan, I finally attained my thirtieth level of initiation. Ahh - the gift from the clan upon my initiation - a gift rarely given and even more rarely seen - the famed Cobalt Staff of The Winds...

The old man has seemingly lost years by the minute as he relates this story, but now he sags in his chair, putting his weary face in his hands and mumbles in what seems to be abject fear...

The mists! The mists are coming! Now Norinth shall never be released... Oh Medora, help me, the mists...

With a visible effort he rights himself, looks tearfully around the room, and smiles self-deprecatingly.  

Prey bear with me, gentle patrons, for I know of many a brave man and and many a fair lady who never returned from that mist. I did... I did... But at what cost. My skills were lost, I was naked with no protection and little gold to my account... But though I am old and may seem poor and perhaps infirm to you, I still practition the mage's skills, albeit not as a master for the nonce, but in time, that may come... Yes indeed, that will come...

He pulls his cloak around him, takes a sip from the tankard and seems to become a mere shadow in the great chair by the fireplace, listening to other patron's stories.
IP Logged

The scientific mind is usually orderly, with a natural love for order. It resents and tends to ignore fields in which order is not readily apparent...
The scientific mind must therefore ignore gaming
Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

« Reply #70 on: 06/23/03 at 03:10:21 »
Quote Quote

A Dwarf grumbling about how he can not find a Stor that sells a decent set os bear skin mad how he wishes it but otherwise naked save for evil lookin tattoos that cover hiss body from head just below his strong set jaw to the top of his muscle bound foot walks to the room.. His crystal blues eyes set apon the bartender as he marches in, The long hair that cascades down his back pulled tight in a pony tail and braided with what apears to be a peice of lace decorated with Elvin runes woven in to the very fabric. "Ale." he bellows as he sits on his stool.. "Aye lich. Where be your lass this eve?"  

He dodges this queastion with one of his own his blue eyes loking around the room as he does. "Alot he'r night?" "Aye that there is." as he hands him the Ale "Most are here tellin the tales of how they came here it seems. An naye wishen to pry but how did you come to be here you and your lass. Ahhhh what was her name. Yasmine. Thats it yasmine."

"We came here after the second rise and fall of the mist."Lich said his mane darting back as he takes a deep drink. "I was before that i was a warrior for Dagway in the Tunels of the dwarfs. More a guard really, boring life watching the gold other dwarfs dig from the ground and when man failed to protect the world from the mist that destroyed it and raised it again. I came to seek a path where i could see if dwarfs could be better. Since men are Semi inteligent beast." His eyes met the Bartender as though challenging him to tell he was wrong on that Assumtion. but when no answer came he continued on....

"So I came to the top seeking battles with witch to fill my scroll of deeds before I went to the Mithral hall. But as i climbed to the upper most levels I found that a sorcoress, practiceing the dark arts and had this thing wit spiders had taken controle of the exit... She attacked me one time with that ugly staff and it felt as though the very soul was being dragged from my soul... I vowed that day that since no man had even come close to ridding this god forsaken realm of such a wicked evil thing I would.... i sent word to my sister would lived deep with in the halls still and brought her forth and we fought Elshira, (I learned later that is what that dreaded beast calls herself.) but my sister on one of our romps saw something she had never seen before... The sun. She took topside and bid me to come with her. alas  i could not as i had sworn a blood oath to rid the world of this beast that lurked in my beloved underground."

Again his head tiped as drank deep from with in. "So i continued to fight, and as I cleared the tunnels one day I came across the most bueatiful site I had ever seen, Ahead of me in the dark there was a glow unatural it was. I moved twards it ready to strike as feared that it was trick of the dark wench.. but as I came close there was elf there she stood only inches taller than myself. But it was her bueaty that Caught my breath in my lungs. the clow was her hair silver as any peice that you or I carry. She was lost you see. She had taken a wrong turn and offered to lead her to the light above I took her out the tunnel and in to the meadow that lays with out. She seemed to almost brighten the day that already burned hoter than one I had ever seen. We talked and eat. I soon learned that well I will let her tell you her story. That is not my place. but so you see as time moved on she became my wife and i have loved with all the heart that this small dwarven body can have." He finished his ale and looked around the pub and when he doesnt see the women who he will spend his 600 years with a short time to an elf since elven kind although not emortal live longer than both human and dwarf a worried expresion crosses his face hefting the weapon he carrys with such lightness it to almost seems unatural and walks from the pub his face looking as though murder woud be easy if something has gone wrong on her hunt.
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

« Reply #71 on: 06/23/03 at 03:11:40 »
Quote Quote

OOC by the way i know the grammer and stuff sucks please dont flame im not great at english Grin
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
Melfice
United_Kingdom 

Minion of teh fluff!

View Profile Email

« Reply #72 on: 07/04/03 at 00:41:46 »
Quote Quote

A stranger enters the tavern.... He does not seem to be like the others.  Many people have burst into the tavern to tell all of their grand tales of adventure but this character seems to simply walk in, with no intention of sharing past experiences.

He looks different, somehow, to the others.  His appearance seems unfriendly yet, intreging.  Silence seemed to be, for the first time as the curious eyes watched the elegant male, walk to the bar.  His eyes.... something about his eyes.  A cold-blooded gleam which held so much pain.  Was it the pain of his own experience, or the pain of his victims?

His blue hair, hangs down from the horned helmet he wears.  He is obviously not from nightmist origin as noticable from the unfamiliar armor he wears and the face which looks so distant, as if you can see how far he has traveled just from the look of his face.  He truns around, reviling a perculiar smile on his face.  Members of the tavern turn away to each other, murmmering, as if trying to avoid the hurtful eyes of the stranger.

He walks with an aura of grace only achieved by, royalty or someone of a highly skillful calibur.  He rests his exotic looking sword on the table and sits, patiently, as if awaiting a visitor or an encounter.  
IP Logged

Let me show you my real power!
Ste

Email

« Reply #73 on: 07/05/03 at 22:36:35 »
Quote Quote

OOC: good story karl, shame there arnt many other people like you on here, nightmisters couldnt roleplay if their ****ing lives depending on it, retards, I WISH YOU WOULD ALL DIE
IP Logged
Sausage

Email

« Reply #74 on: 07/06/03 at 02:32:13 »
Quote Quote

LEAVE THESE FORUMS AND GO PLAY YOUR OWN d**n GAME!!!!!!
IP Logged
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #75 on: 08/04/03 at 11:03:52 »
Quote Quote

yeah whoever you are. Grin
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
VampressMisty

SeXzSk8tRMoM

138176119 138176119   EllusiveDreams   purrfectasylum
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #76 on: 08/21/03 at 22:37:10 »
Quote Quote

The ancient vampress wanders into the pub out of the dreary day .. After slaughter countless orcs and sending a few other less fortunate victims to thier demise she could use a drink..

The bloody red glow around her body which is clad in all black. Is her ever growing knee length tendrils of red tresses.. thick and full of waves.. It looks like satin against the very simple cotten tank and hip hugging black pants that reveal a glint of a navel ring and a small rose tattoo .. The pants flare from her knees in classic bell bottom styling.. her feet are talons and bare.

Assuming there be rafters in the establishment she leaps to one after aquiring her favorite drink (alcohol wise) of warm deep maroon brandy. Her well toned but not thin form is outlined by that fall of silken locks and huge vast black wings .. each with 6 claws and each spanning a width of 8 foot or so when fully extended.. the wings tear gouges into the soft wood raping it and leaving her mark behind.  

The vampire leans against the wings as a chair backing perhaps and her long curved legs hang off the wooden beams boredly while her bright ocean hued eyes look over the people. She keeps silent and to herself .. And sips the warm drink letting it roll about her tongue and slip down her throat to relax her stress nerves...

{OOC-This is an attempt.. odd to rp in a forum when Im very used to paragraph chat in an irc place. Bare with me I dont even know what our bar looks like. Hope its got some rafters or Im on my arse}
IP Logged

These wounds wont seem to heal. This pain is just to real. There's just to much that time cannot erase...

Alkwilyeaon

vroom vroom!!!!!

21208996 21208996   lil_cig  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #77 on: 08/25/03 at 09:21:42 »
Quote Quote

OOC: darn... i should've RP'ed as a vampire instead...  Cry

good one misty  Wink
IP Logged

i love her with all that i am
and my voice shakes along with my hands
cause i'm speechless to say what i'm feeling today
but i'm out of my league once again

http://www.geocities.com/lil_cig
Julias Belmont
USA 

Will You Walk With Me Along The Path Of Darkness?

DeweyStigmata
View Profile

« Reply #78 on: 09/01/03 at 07:02:23 »
Quote Quote

*walks onto the lands as a hush of silence spreads around the many places upon this realm, The figure walks with his hands inside of his pockets, He wears a black leather trench coat that flaps around his legs from the rushes of wind that arise from the surface and up into the air around him, his long black hair is wrapped into a poney tail, afew strands of black hair fall over his forehead, He steps into the tavern's light..  

He looks around, his eyes searching the room that he has walked in, a Katana hangs at his side, the sheath faces backwards as a sign of peace unless he is challenged. He then walks to a table within the fires light, he keeps his mouth closed but it is impossible to hide his Vampiric nature as a 3rd Generation Brujah Vampire. His eyes stare coldly into the fires light..
IP Logged

A World Withou String, Is A World In Chaos....
AlecxZeck-P1C

Psionic Knight 1st Class

View Profile

« Reply #79 on: 09/02/03 at 06:00:50 »
Quote Quote

(( *Cheers for Samuel!* ))    

Sounds of thunder slash through the distant fields, a gathering barrier commenses from air.  Lightning strikes, the trees begin to crackle in fear--  a sphere of energy begins to form.  The electric sphere growing larger by each moment, a form shows from this pulsey void.  The shadowy figure begins to ermerge, slowly color returns to his body...
     A final step is taken, from the barrier to the ground, Alec stands with a strong posture, his lightened robe steadies against the wind.  Taking a firm look with his electrical blue eyes, he acknowledges the area of transfer.  Much faster than it appear, the barrier of light fades in a snap, and Alec begins to move once again.
     Releasing his perfect posture, he closes his eyes, his psionic nature guiding his path.  As if a ghost, he begins to levitate in abnormal patterns of movement, shortly reaching the nearby town.  Taking his stand upon the earth, before noticed, he continues a set path. Reaching outside the Tavern, his eyes begin to process the patrons inside. Giving a short deep breath, he pushes the door and enters the Pub.

(( It's been two years, goto hell?! ))
« Last Edit: 09/17/03 at 06:09:23 by AlecxZeck-P1C » IP Logged

There is no such thing as 'impossible', only those with out suitibly dedicated followers. - Serena Butler
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.