Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Nightmist Lounge (role-playing) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/29/24 at 11:24:24

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)  (Read 7855 times)
Dunadan
USA 

View Profile

Re: Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)
« Reply #40 on: 09/22/02 at 03:27:54 »
Quote Quote

just like my good ole buddy to make some stupid excuse to get out off my attack, and punch me back and then run off before i can do anthyng to him again, he does that a lot. coward i call him, YOU HERE THAT CRAVIN!!!
IP Logged

if ignorance is bliss, then why arnt there more happy people
Dunadan
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 09/22/02 at 18:13:34 »
Quote Quote

lol this is funny, there where two expert ppl in an areana so i summoned a whole bunch of monsters to kill them so i could get there gold, good plan right sept they afk ppl came back....... not good i don't know why i brought it up but its an amuzing thought.
IP Logged

if ignorance is bliss, then why arnt there more happy people
Shadic
USA 

Go Link!

View Profile Email

« Reply #42 on: 09/22/02 at 19:56:55 »
Quote Quote

::walks back in:: Hmmm.....Dunadan, why are you yelling non-sense, did I hit you THAT hard? Man....I really need to hit you softer, man...whats up with you? Did you go insane when traveling alone? I hear that's what happens with alot of people, nobody to talk to, all alone........ Ok, well I be staying here for a while, to listen to some stories...
IP Logged

www.Linkandfriends.com <--Good comics!
Shadic
USA 

Go Link!

View Profile Email

« Reply #43 on: 09/24/02 at 23:04:21 »
Quote Quote

(OOC) I aint stupid, u just attacked me (Back in char) Hmm, nobody seems to be telling their storys, o well.....I'll be waiting to hear of some great adventures
IP Logged

character

Death is only the beginning

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #44 on: 09/29/02 at 00:20:25 »
Quote Quote

*A tall well-built figure clothed in a black robe walks in. You can see a long sword protruding under his cloak but no more. he sits down by the fire and, seeing many a folk looking at him speaks:*

Greetings i am Rathorn Character, Swordsman of the Night. I am weary from my long travels and am leaving this world for new adventures, but if you wish to hear my story speak, or it will pass out of here soon with me.
IP Logged

do me a favour and click this! (then u can just close it after Smiley): http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=609358
Kelevandros

Email

« Reply #45 on: 09/29/02 at 00:55:35 »
Quote Quote

Kelevandros raises his head and looks towards Rathorn

Greetings Rathorn. I would like to hear your story, or anything else for that matter that will keep my mind off these two fools that are constantly making noises or hitting each other.

So please Rathorn, tell me your story.

Kelevandros sits up and continues to look at Rathorn but now with a sense of curiosity
IP Logged
Shadic
USA 

Go Link!

View Profile Email

« Reply #46 on: 09/29/02 at 05:48:18 »
Quote Quote

Rathorn, yes please tell your story, I am tired of making a scene and I want to become one of the unknowns. I need something to keep Dunadan busy, as nobody has told a story for a while. And you Kelevandros, I resent being called a fool, I am quite the adventurer, I just keep to myself.
IP Logged

SvorkTheOmniscient

Email

« Reply #47 on: 10/12/02 at 02:57:17 »
Quote Quote

{Svork walks in stumbling drunk. The tavern quiets. SvorkTheEccentric normally avoids contact with other races, unless it is to there demise. Nervous whispers take the place of the friendly chat that had been going on moments before.
 As Svork staggers towards the bar he sidesteps to avoid an Elf Rangers' tamed Mutant Rat, and inadvertantly trips over a chair. His old withered frame twirls around and he stumbles backwards, landing on a wooden table, smashing the back of his head into it. Sprawled out unconscous with his body across the table he sleeps undetered for hours.}

::groans::
 "Owww. who hit me?"
           ::remembers his self infliction::
 "Never mind... Wench! Labbatt's Blue, please, my throat is parched!

[The Waitress walks over, smiling nervously and says 'We don't serve that brew, darlin'. You have to go beyond The Mist to the realm of Irl for that.']

"Arg yes, I get confused sometimes..."  
          ::Sighs, gazing toward the waitress with an             embarrassed smile::
 "Could thou fetch a Pitcher of Cobalt Blue then?"

{'I certainly may', she says, smiling at Svorks sexy voice. She walks to the bar to get his order.
 Svork looks around the room to catch nervous glances towards him. With a michievous smirk he throws his Staff of Elements on the table with a loud clatter, causing every patron in the place to jump.}

"Heya, as many of you may already know, my name is Svork   {Suh-Vork}"
 "My journeys have taken me from the depths of insanity to the outer reaches of these blasted realms. . I have been through adventures that would kill most races, and indeed I think some parts of my Soul are lost forever...
          ::Voice trails off::

{Everyone is now silent as there attention turns to Svork. The Waitress comes back with the order, and pours some of the ice cold Cobalt Blue into a Mug,}

::Takes a long draw and sighs::
 "Aye, much better...."
 "As thou well know, I come not originally from Nightmist, but I have done battle here before most people in these parts were even born. Pay close attention to this old mages tales, I know more than most."
          ::Lowers voice and says in a calm, steady tone::
 "I have even seen The Mist!"

{All the people in the tavern shudder as Svork mentions The Mist.}

"Many  ah' traveler have wondered what brought me to Nightmist, and for how long I have been around these strange parts. I have heard this is the place to go for good talk and good company, so here be my tale..."
 "I was born in the legendary kingdom of Irl many, many moon cycles ago. Many people today laugh when they hear the name, but I assure you Irl does exist."  
 "I was an Irlian Mage in my young adulthood, yet still foolhearty to the dangers of practicing majick. When brewing a batch of Healing Potions I put 3 bat tongues in my Cauldren when it only called for 2. It had a devestating effect and exploded."  
 "My soul was torn from my body and thrown into a hellish void called Cyberspace, where my conscousness seemed to drift in limbo for an eternity. When I finally came to I awakened in a quainte little tavern in the town ye known as Nightmist."  
 "T'was not the Nightmist that is here today, mind you, but the fabled one that existed shortly before the coming of the 2nd Mist. Back when thee Towns of Old still existed. When stories of the 1st Mist were told around campfires as mere legend."  
 "The first thing I remember when I awakened was finding out I had a new body, and that me old majick was long forgotten. I had been transformed from being a young, strong adult into being a week lad."  
 "At first I couldn't move! Terribly confused  I yelled for help. A wonderful being called 'Tutorial' showed up. He was always  hidden, but he was always in the pub to help the newcomers. He first explained to me how to see again and gave me the capacity to look around. Once I could see where I was he then taught me how to walk again. He even had the patience to teach me the native  language of 'Typing.'
 "In this unfamiliar world the government officials were a motley group of creatures that I first thought to be Gods. I later found out they were not Gods, but a highly advanced Race called 'Staff Members'.  There fearless leader was a silly looking penguin named JLH, and he ruled over nightmist with an iron wing, chirping fiercely at anyone who broke the rules of the land."  

{Laughter breaks out in the tavern, as everyone knows how silly JLH looks}

"I also remember a good humored Staff Member that had the appearance of a strange tobacco plant, whom all called 'Krillick'. In the depths of the night when all were celebrating he would break out with his majickal tobacco. This made everyone happy. The name of his special blend of tobacco was called 'Bag of Weed'.
          ::Smiles, takes out pipe, fills it, ::
 "Ah, those were happier memories, but there were many others that did not like us outsiders from Irl."
 "A cult had been slowly forming that had members from almost all other clans in it. All the members were from nightmist, and most had never even set foot into Irl. Yet there goal was to reap havoc on any and all that were originally from my native land. This cult had a name so terrible I use to tremble at the sound of it...
          ::eyes widen::
...'The PK'r Cult'!  

{Svork walks to the fireplace and pokes around till he finds a tiny coal. With a small hand shovel laying nearby for just such purposes he places the coal atop his pipe and inhales, drawing the flavourful tobacco into his lungs}

"As powerful as the reigning Staff Members were they could only keep us safe in the towns. Whenever we stepped outside of town to travel or to train in getting stronger the PK'rs were there waiting. They would try to murder us outside of town, or simply taunt us in town calling us 'Sewer Rats' in there own secret language. I believe the correct pronouniation is  'Newb'..."
          ::Exhales  smoke::
 "We came to be know by that name.
 " My majick became my greatest hope to not get murdered."
 "I developed spells whose majick is now lost to The Mist. With my 'Slow' spell I could deter The Pk'rs from wanting to attack me. They could not kill me when they could only hit me once, so instead they sought other poor victims.
 "My 'Vortex Gate' could transport myself and others Irlian Newbs safely to ANY pub of ANY town in ANY part of the realm, and I soon started aquiring a decent amount of money for my services."
 "Although my spells helped me evade attack I couldn't always help fellow Irlians against the PK'r Cult. With what money I had I decided to start a clan. I wanted to help other Irlian Newbs who had also fallen through the evil dimension of Cyberspace into Nightmist."
 "There was one problem, however. My feable body was aged beyond its years from the journey that had flung me into Nightmist and although my spirit was strong my body was not , so I secretly learned a spell to transfer my soul and majickal spells from my old withered body into a new younger one."  
 "The spell did not work properly, however, and when I awakened in my new body I had lost not only my age but all my majick ability, except for the weak 'Fire Bolt'.  
 "I still had my memories, however, and immediately realigned myself with my fellow Irl Newbs. I proved to them I was still the Svork they new and idolized."
 "The rest of the world now new me as Nemisis."
          ::Slams mug, empties the rest of pitcher into it::
 "Undeterred by my young age I quickly relearned what I had forgotten, and at the wee age of Ten I created my clan, and our mission proceeded."  
 "I decided on a fierce sounding clan name for the same reasons I chose to use the name Nemisis-  in the hopes of  deterring Pk'rs from attacking us. We were extremely outnumbered and had little hope."
 "I mastered a spell to mentally communicate with all other Clan Members called 'Clan Chat', and no matter where we were in the kingdom we could telepathically warn each other if danger approached."  
 "We had spies in every town, not in just our clan but in others. From Nightmist to Cloud City, from Emerald City to Pern Valley. Our goal was to warn fellow Irlian Newbs of the dangers of the PK'r Cult, and we were quite successful for a awhile"
 "Despite what people thought of us we would only fight when provoked, and I must confess we were a rather small clan, but from start to finish we were Bad Blood!"
          ::Takes long draw from mug, gulping down half of it::
 "As all things must change- so did the Irl Newbs, and with many of them now growing up in Nightmist they eventually married with the locals. Some joined other clans, and some even joined the PK'r Cult."  
 "At this point in time it didn't matter. I had accomplished my goal to survive in this dastardly new world and at least I was now old enough to defend myself."
 "Besides- I had other concerns."
 "There was rumor stirring amongst the good people in Cloud City about travelers going West and not returning. Old tales of The Mist started emerging- most Elves and Gnomes believing the ancient 'lores, most Humans and Barbarians laughing at them."  
 "I, for one, was a believer. After temporarily losing my soul in the insanity of Cyberspace I knew anything was possible. I set about trying to find out what I could about The Mist...
          ::Finishes rest of beer, slams mug on table::
...but that, my friends is another story"
          ::Gets up from table, puts pipe away, looks around at everyone::
 "I thank ye for lending your kind ears to this worn out traveler, but my bones grow tired at this hour of the evening. I must retire to my sleeping quarters. I have many more yarns to spin, but on another day. Good night, and may the Gods look favorably upon you fine travelers."
          ::Stumbles up the stairs to the sleeping quarters::
« Last Edit: 10/12/02 at 19:12:02 by SvorkTheOmniscient » IP Logged
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: 12/14/02 at 12:53:04 »
Quote Quote

a gust of wind fills the room as the tavern door slowly opens. a tall robed figure enters into the room with his hood pulled low as to hide his identity. it becomes obvious that this man has travelled far by the beaten,torn, and weather stained cloak cast about his shoulders. a whisp of pure white hair flows out through the hood of his cloak and the hilts of twin scimitars sparkle from thier scabbards hung at his belt.  
  he merely strolls to the far end of the room, sits down near the fire, and warms his hands.  
  a waitress eventually asks him if he would be in need of anything. he pulls her close whispering into her ear. she trots off and returns with a mug of ale placing it beside him at the table. she stares blankly at him, curious as to who this man could be. he merely lays a bag of gold on the table and motions for her to take it and leave him in peace. obviously worth well more than the price of his drink, she picks up the bag and stares even more intently at the man, now more curious than ever. but the man does not react. he just sits....and drinks.....it seems as though he is waiting for someone....or something.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Lastel
USA 

You *turnip*bite!

View Profile Email

« Reply #49 on: 12/15/02 at 21:46:07 »
Quote Quote

As night sets and the noise from the outside begins to quiet, as the noise inside the tavern starts to raise, a man of average height opens the door and steps inside.

The man appears to be early in years, numbering few over twenty if even yet his eyes portray an essence of age and wisdom found more in the days of old. He walks towards the bar and asks very quietly for a drink. A mug is placed in front of him as he hands the bartender the appropriate amount of coin, no less, no more. He begins to sip his beverage slowly, as if he were old and barely capable of keeping still his hands enough to take a drink.

The man slowly rises, his mug still in hand, and turns his seat around. After seating himself in it again, he now faces the party of adventurers and magi, warriors and rogues. He cups his hands around his mug and removes his hood. Yet even so, his features remain unseen through the darkness of his unkempt hair. All that can be identified are his eyes. His deep, dark blue eyes. Eyes that seem to hold inside that answers to everything and to nothing. The eyes of a wizard.

He begins to speak, yet stops, seemingly rethinking his words, then starts again "I am Razalite of !EDIT!, formerly renamed Razzin by my teacher. I have journeyed into this dark and evil land in quest of an unknown item. I do not wish to be here, yet my sense leads me here. So my stay will hopefully be short, and with the help of any other that wishes to act as friend or guide, I shall leave even sooner. Any that chose to aid me, will be much appreciated and rewarded with whatever I may provide. Yet I will not rethink my actions of anger and vengeance towards those of obvious evil intent and will not slow my rebuke."

The man takes a sip from his mug and thinks some more before speaking again "I have come to understand that it is accustomed on these slow, weary nights, to tell a tale of past adventures and stories of life’s road. Yet I will not speak such of any of my stories, for they are exactly that, mine. Some of you may ask why I would even mention it if I were not to tell of any tales. I say this only to avoid being questioned by those who wish only to waste my time. If one were to come to me and ask of me to share a story, I would not but hesitate to ask this person their name before I begin to tell my tale.

The man once again takes a drink, yet immediately returns to his speech afterwards "I once again will say, that your ways and habits are that of monsters and beasts, and in fact, I find the company of Goblins and Troll much more appealing. Yet I am here out of necessity, and wish not to get in your way, as long as you share the same mindset. So rest I will seek tonight and early on the rising will I be off. So long to those with whom I have said my words to, and good rest I hope you will find in the clutches of your friends blade." With that the man makes his way upstairs into the darkness of the shadowy hall.
IP Logged

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil..."
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #50 on: 12/23/02 at 20:25:52 »
Quote Quote

*Young man enters*  *mumbles something to the stableboy*  "Greetings." *shakes hands with a few who are known to him* "I have not come to tell of my adventures, yet." "I have come merely to listen to others that I might learn many things from them."  "Bartender, get me some strong ale, put this potion in, it will purify trhe drink and also take all poison out."  "I am the king of the unicorn tribe.  We have fallen into a great war with demonic and other evil monsters.  Only many of us nicorn riders can defeat even one group of 5 monsters.  The unicorns (our source of survival) are dying fast.  We appointed a leader (me) to guide us in winning this war.  I need advice and guidance.,
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #51 on: 12/28/02 at 20:20:29 »
Quote Quote

It is too late,  we are finished.  4 Knights,  Me and my four friends, unicorn, unicrush, and unicornknight. Have taken a small herd of  unicorns and left.  A small band of humans, elves, dwarves and other races took pity on us and let us live with them.  News has reached me that 3 rouge unicorn knights have survived, and the colony lives, with only the power to eat and breathe, they still live.  If I can bring them back and revive them.  The unicorn knight will once again, pose a threat to evil, and the power of good will prosper.  I come to ask advice of anyone who is learned in the ways of ressurercting.  A former necromancer might be perfect for giving me the information I need.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Dark_innocence

We choose our own path.. what will yours be?

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: 12/29/02 at 09:23:41 »
Quote Quote

<Part I>
~Eternal Breeze~

As you pass by a woman with honey colored hair and emerald eyes steps forward. She nods to you and her penetrating gaze seems to meet yours directly as if studying you, surveying you.  You realize as you look back at her that you cant really tell what she is thinking. Her face shows no emotion and she stands with a stance of a warrior, her hand never far from the weapon at her side.  She doesn't say much, and depending if you are friend of foe, you may be glad of that. For if a friend she can be warm and encouraging, a foe, her words are harsh and blunt.  Regardless, she speaks with honesty, for one thing she can not stand is a lie.  Not many get close to her, maybe that is her choice, or her decision, know this though, if she allows you close and trusts you, there is nothing she wouldn't do to protect you.

Eternal is a woman, a warrior, a friend, an enemy, but most of all she is just her, she doesn't bend to the rules and judgement of others, she makes her own choices and decisions.  If you don't know her she is very hard to understand and to her that is okay.  Her law is that of honor, and she will do what must be done to uphold that.  Maybe, if you learn a bit of her past, you will realize why that is so important to her.

Eternal was born to Raylen and Alisha.  He a knight of honor with a steady gaze and strong handshake. Loyal and protective of those he knew and cared for.  She a gentle woman with the hands and magic of a healer and the softest laughter you have ever heard.  They married young and their love was strong.  Dreams and visions of a future with a family filled their hearts.  They were both overjoyed when they found out Alisha was with child and the summer coming would bring a new addition for them both to share their love with. They waited in anticipation for the moment their child was born.  

Summer finally came and the young couple was picking berries along a mountain meadow when the first stages of labor hit. The pain came fast and hard, much worse than it should have.  Agony wracked through her as blood poured down her legs and she looked to Raylen in shock.  Something was wrong and she gasped as her face paled and her legs gave out. Raylen not knowing what to do, layed his wife among the wildflowers of the meadow and told Alisha "Stay here, I will go get help", his wife obviously in shock just stared at him and grabbed his hand, pulling him to her. "NO" she muttered.  He leaned close to her as fear spread through him like a wild fire out of control.. what was happening he wondered.. but wanted not to worry Alisha.  "Heal yourself, use your magic, all will be fine" he assured her.. but that was  not to happen, too weakened by the complications she couldn't and she whispered "it is too late... " she paused trying to catch her breath and then whispered with tears in her eyes. "I will love you for Eternity, this child, will be our eternal breeze"and with that she pushed with all of her might. A small cry was heard as thier daughter came into the world .. but with the childs first breath, her mother took her last. Alisha was gone. Raylen took the small bundle in his arms still covered with the blood of her mother and cut the cord with his hunting knife.. tying it off he layed the babe upon her mothers chest .. tears poured down his face as he realized, with the new life of their daughter, his beloved was gone. A breeze blew by and cradeling his daughter in his arms he brought her to a midwife in a nearby village and returned to bury his wife.. After placing her within the grave he stood up. .whispered "I will love you for eternity. she looks just like you Alisha" and he brushed the tears from his face as he turned, walking to get his daughter and escape from the pain that would follow him forever..  

Raylen named his daughter Eternal Breeze, after her mothers last words.. He raised Eternal alone, never again getting close to another.  Mayhap he did this to protect himself from the pain the loss of his Alisha had caused.  Their daughter made him smile, so much like himself and yet the spitting image of her mother. Honey colored locks and emerald eyes, a slow smile and a intense gaze. He traveled place to place, never staying in one place for long, but always teaching Eternal the ways of honor, the ways of a warrior in which he had always been.  From the time she was old enough to walk he taught her to hunt, and to hold and clean a weapon properly. He taught her that anything, from a small pebble to the mightiest sword could be used as a weapon.  At night when they would stop to camp, he told her of her mother and they would sit and look at the stars as they cleaned their weapons and spoke of life.  They were happy, yet still alone, it was fine with Eternal, for she loved no one nor honored them, as she did the man who was her father. She wanted to grow up to be just like him.

When Eternal was but 8, they stopped in a village called Malod, as Raylen replenished the supplies they couldn't get on their own, Eternal played with children of the village. One in particular she seemed to enjoy named Adrianna. Adria and she were running around and laughing. .Eternal playing with her small dagger that she got on her 8th birthday and Adria holding a doll. Adria was a magic user and Raylen watched with interest when he returned from his errands and to his suprise, he watched as his daughters eyes turned amber and she moved the doll from Adrianna's hands to a nearby tree branch without touching it. Watching her reminded him so much of her mother that he called out "Eternal!" and she turned losing focus, and the doll fell to the ground. Her gaze locked with his and her eyes slowly returned to emerald.  "Yes father?" she called out, and he moved to her, tears in his eyes, unsure of what to say, he said "Depend upon your own hands Eternal, magic is something you can never be sure of". Mayhap his words were harsh, but to him, his wife had the power of magic and healing and yet, died in spite of it.  Eternal nodded slowly and said to him as she realized what must be going through his mind, even though young, she was wise, and knew well the pain of her fathers heart.  "Worry not father", she assured him, "I am going to be a warrior just like you". She then pointed to Adrianna and laughed, "tis she that is a magic user".. and once more returned to play. Soon after the small girls said their goodbyes and promised to keep in touch even when they were as old as grownups.  

Raylen and Eternal traveled year after year, stopping when they needed to, her father guarding those who needed it and yet, they never seemed to stay in one place for long.  Eternal loved this, so many things she learned to do.  Sometimes as she layed under the stars she wondered why he didnt just stay in one village, and she asked him "Father, why do we never stay in one place?" and his reply came slow, choked by emotion "One must find where they belong, without your mother, I am no longer sure Eternal". and she nodded, not asking any further questions that eve. She didn't really understand it, but trusted her father above anyone else.

<this is part one only more of her story shall be posted>
IP Logged

Stories
Caressing you with its words
Pulling you into its pages
Winding you around its plot
Meant only to entangle your mind
Confuse it, twist it
Bring it to a frame of mind
Then turn the page
Dark_innocence

We choose our own path.. what will yours be?

View Profile

« Reply #53 on: 12/29/02 at 09:32:27 »
Quote Quote

(Part II)
~Eternal Breeze~

When Eternal was but 15, they stopped for the night to build their camp.  Her father told her to go gather firewood and she grabbed the leather satchel and tossed it over her shoulder. He was busy cleaning and preparing a rabbit for their dinner that night and he smiled as she walked off. "Dont clean the weapons without me Father" she said, and she took off, knowing he wouldnt for it was a routine they had shared for years already. "Better hurry then or I will" he called after her, knowing as well as she that it was something they would do together.  She hummed a bit as she gathered kindling in the satchel and picked up a few larger logs for the fire. As she carried them back to their camp she heard her fathers voice screaming out in pain.. she ran dropping what she had gathered only to find her father on the dirt in the center of the camp, his sword feet away from him and the rabbit he was upon the damp ground. She ran to him and kneeled immediately seeing the deep gashes in his chest blood quickly soaking through his shredded clothing.  His breathing came in gasps and he tried to speak but as he did so, blood bubbled upon his  lips she shook her head. "Dont speak father" and she placed her hands over the gaping hole and pressed.. trying to staunch the bleeding. She ripped her shirt at the bottom into strips and placed them in the holes within his chest when her hands seemed not to help at all. Tears filled her eyes but she didnt let them fall,  her father tried once more to speak as his blood darkened the ground around them both in a sticky crimson pool. "Eternal, Always.. have.. honor.. " his words came slowly, barely audible.. yet she knew he must speak them.. "Find. where. .. you.. belong... I.. lov...." his words stopped as his eyes stared straight ahead.. she screamed out. ."NOOOO FATHER!" and she buried her head upon his chest, crying uncontrollably until night fell around them, she didnt move, and awoke with the sun and blood spattered clothing, her hands still covered in his blood. He was gone. She took a deep breath as she forced herself to stand up.. gather his sword and the few things they had.. she looked at her father and within the area where he layed, she started digging with the mighty sword. She dug a hole and then kneeled, throwing the dirt faster and faster to the side in handfuls, and once it was deep enough, she pulled her father into it, and with a tearstreaked face, covered him in the soil. She used his sword to stand, and bowed toward his grave. "I promise to do the things you asked of me father, I love you".  A breeze blew by and she realized, that nothing would ever be the same, but she would find a way, to make him proud. With his sword at her side, she moved on, stopping in a stream nearby to bathe and then continued her journey as he told her to.

With each drop of blood,we must realize, that life is changed eternally.  
With each death, comes grief.
With each birth, comes life.  
With each day, comes lessons.Shella Mills

[color=Beige][/color]
IP Logged

Stories
Caressing you with its words
Pulling you into its pages
Winding you around its plot
Meant only to entangle your mind
Confuse it, twist it
Bring it to a frame of mind
Then turn the page
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

« Reply #54 on: 01/02/03 at 02:05:55 »
Quote Quote

Princess Aerial

A little girl whom appears to be about 8 possible younger walks into the busy lounge her dark piercing blue eyes show a hint of laughter and mischief as any childs would she smiles lightly to those around her. As she walks further into the lounge exploring as it may her eyes sweeping the others as her father taught her.. assessively to see whom could possibly be a danger to her.. her serious expression is somewhat displaced as her pet koala bear bumps into her from behind causing her to tumble upon the floor in laughter hugging it gently to her chest.

She'd look up then to the others seeing if she disturbed and apologizes softly if she did. She'd rise then and brush off her dress and takes a seat near the far wall beside the window so she can watch her pet climb a tree outside it and smiles softly. Lifting a hand she brushes her long dark blonde hair back and reties it with the dark green bow that matches her dress and kicks her feet watching the comings and goings of all the others a bit suprised as it may at whome she sees come and go. She occasionally gives a smile of respect as she knows of some of the "elders" that run around this strange new realm as compared to hers but then she wasn't always from this realm and so had to in a sence change to be here.  

She lays her head upon her arms watching the others and out of the corner of her eye watching her pet as it is something she treasures given to her by her beloved father. She closes her dark blue eyes so much like his and wishes again for his return some day but til then still keeps to her vow to do as best she can to make him proud of her. She speaks not really to anyone as she was told by her father's lady whisper that ladies are silent normally unless spoken to and she wishes not to cause or say disrrespect. she knows if asked she'd explain or tell of who she is really.
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #55 on: 01/08/03 at 23:36:59 »
Quote Quote

(OCC: (sort of) Lovely stories)

If I should (OCC: Post) all my life story,  all of you  would fall asleep by the time I was finished and probably wouldn't read it all (OCC: It'd take longer to read than war and peace.) because if I told it all, I would have to fall into the grand unicrim tounge, and you would not understand, though I must agknowledge, the far northern tounges from over the mountains and across the mist are far lovelier than the ugly tounges of you sewer-men and forest-men.  Us unicorn-men may be weaker, but wiser.  MAybe not as intelligent, but more charming.  We have qualities where it counts, and you will still not help me.  I should be humble, but this is taking forever and my people are dying and I need some cure, it cannot be foudn between my home and the mist, it is either here with you south-landers or in the far north, where the penguins lurk, although, some of you look fairer than others and seem like those northerners from the far north, whos tounges are greater than even ours, and are wiser than anything alive.

*Ponders for a little while, when is offered a beer, refuses it saying that strong people may do the greatest deeds in  other places, he may the the greater deeds at ANY pub.  He says his mind needs all it strength though at the moment*

*after 15 minutes of silence, starts staring curiosly at every face, when he looks at  yours, he seems to be   reading your mind, after 15 seconds, you start sweating, after 5 seconds of sweating, he turns away, disgusted.*

Southererns are barbarous, savage folk, most of you, the elvish, most are fair and greater than us, the dwarves, they are greedy.  The halflings are a match for us in wisdom,  but you humans, half-elves and gnomes are stupid.  THe humans think they have finer qualities. But every race here could surpass them in either strength, wisdom, constitution, charm, intelligence, and dexerity.  The only races here really that could really beat us in a war when everybody was a tfull strength is either the halflings or the elvish.

*studies all faces again. This time you develop a major headache but when he turns away smiles instead of making a disgusted face. Much to your suprise your headace is gone.  Many dwarves start crying after only 5 seconds and the humans shriek in pain as they are tested.*

I am going to tell my life story to all those who will listen, there are a few quality fold here and I think that remain silent because they know nothing.  I fear that many of you know the answer, but I would have to mentally damage you to get the information.  A very major headache (which most of you got) is the limit of my powers unless I do permanent damage.

When I was born, I was already very superior in  wisdom and did not cry very long.  I was curious to this new world and wanted to explore.  Much to my suprise however I had almost no control over my body.  I focused my very small mental on my brain, and concentraded on what I was to do.  MY mother took me and placed me on  my bed.  I decided that since this was a rather comfortable place, I would fall asleep.  When I woke up, my mother was not present as far as I could notice, as I would alike you humans in body shape except we grow beards relitevely early and our life span lasts for mayn years and we never grow old, very much like the elves, o nly not so wise and intelligent, but stronger and fairer (In our own way of course, no offense meant), I foudn that Iwas rapidely gaining mental power and it would not be long until I had the ability to move around as I wished, if I had the information on how to.  I knew that it would at  least be a week until I was ready to move around on my legs.  When that week arrived, I decided instead of focusing my power  on learning to move I woudl figure out h ow to communicate.  I quickly learned and by my second week, I could talk in my own tounge basic words and I could fluently speak the wretched southern tounge. A week later, when I learned how to walk, my parents introduced me to my very own unicorn, born on the same day as I, as is the way of the unicorn men.  On the same say as a man is born, so is the unicorn, and if one died, t he other woudl be reduced to a small worm with no phisical power.  I knew by instinct how to ride him, and now I coudl quickly get around.  The northern white unicorns are unlike the few you find south of the mist.  Yours south of the mist never shed their skin or horn, the northen ones come in two varieties, the black unicorn, which feed on the blood of all fair creatures, and the white ones, which are too brigh t w hen clean for you creatures to even look at, who do actually shed their skin and horn.  That is why my steed is always coated with a light containment coating.  We unicorn men must consume or be touching a small piece of unicorn horn or skin.  My cloak, sword and boots are made of toughened unicorn skin and unicorn horn,  the unicorn horns are soft when first shed, and harden after a week.  During my youth, which I spent training my steed to talk (he does talk), and focusing my mental power to be great, that I might not fall as low as others when they turn into small beings with no physical power, but I would have a  great mental power, so I might not lose my form, but heal all the others, and my wisdom proved correct, and my other fellow beings fell, the unicorns are almost all gone, and I must heal them.  

MY youth is now gone and I reached the limit of my large power.  I now, when extremely focused, can release strong telekinetic power.   Only I do not know my strength, and will not do that here. I mightg break things.  I also can do major telepathy and your thoughts I can read if you are not guarding them very closely.  Minor telekkinesis is almost impossible for me, because I do not know how, I have only seen major telekineses and have not learned anything else.  I can plan battle strategies and invent things that can turn the tides of hopeless wars.  I am weak-boned and ugly compared to most of my people, I am slow compared to elves and halflings, but extremely quick to h umans and dwarved.  I may by my reflexes shatter a weapon with strong telekinesis if it gets too close.  I have reflexes that prove devastaing in small skirmishes but weak in large wars.  My weapon is the axe, both when I throw it and swing it.  I have done the impossible, and now must do the possible.  If you are unfriendly and hostile towards be, beware.  I know your thoughts and will find out and maybe, if you attempt any thing foolish, you might fail, and worse, be harmed by me, even if you wear armor a foot thick.  I can pierce any armor and any mind.  You may not unopenly slay me.  It must be open and clea, you must have more honor than me and considerably less wisdom, which is rare. Wisdom stands above all things.  With all my mental powers, I would be dead now, if it  weren't for the wisdom of the northen elves and of myself.
If you are foolish, you are free to do anything, but if you are wise, there is only one path that you must take, and that path, if often, hard.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Alkwilyeaon

vroom vroom!!!!!

21208996 21208996   lil_cig  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #56 on: 01/12/03 at 17:59:58 »
Quote Quote

Alkwilyeaon opens the the tavern door and scans the room. his eyes sharpening, looking for traces of his enemies. although he is a ranger who values life, there are still individuals who choose to cross him, only to realize that though he seems to be timid and shy, he is a worthy adversary in the field of battle. many adventurers have fallen before his enchanted bow. realizing that his hands are far more quicker than theirs would ever be. he can fire an arrow from his enchanted  bow, even before they could unsheath their swords, reach for their arrows or mumble their spells.

Alkwilyeaon sees that it is safe to enter the tavern and enters.. the sweet smell of ale welcoming him. He thinks of his hometown, or what's left of it. for while most of the elven rangers were in another land, orcs invaded their town and burnt everything to the ground. Alkwilyeaon's heart sinks. he loved his hometown so much. he thinks of Raerwyn and wonders if she ever made it out of their hometown alive. He wishes to see her again. to look deep into her eyes and murmur sweet nothings into her elven ears. his sadness quickly turns into fury.

the orcs will pay.

he orders a mug of ale and seats himself at a table far away from everyone else, he wishes to be alone. he nibbles delicately at a lembas wafer that he took out of his tunic.

Raerwyn.

The thought of her brings tears to his eyes.

He knows in his heart that Raerwyn is still out there. he needs to find her. he knows she is strong, magic emanates from her every move, she has what rare elves have. unicorn magic. The magic that was passed down in her family from generation to generation. Alkwilyeaon believes that this magic helped her survive the siege. that cruel and brutal siege.  

he plots his revenge secretly.

he needs someone to talk to now, someone who can give him information about the orcs. he anxiously waits for someone to approach his table. He also keeps an eye on the tavern door, if just one of his enemies enters, he will not hesitate to fire an arrow into their skulls. It is safe, he thinks. I am in no danger. i need someone to talk to. someone who knows who led the siege on his town.

he closes his eyes and waits.
IP Logged

i love her with all that i am
and my voice shakes along with my hands
cause i'm speechless to say what i'm feeling today
but i'm out of my league once again

http://www.geocities.com/lil_cig
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #57 on: 01/14/03 at 03:18:47 »
Quote Quote

Looking fore help HEREHuhHuh? *rolls his eyes and chuckles to himself*.  Unicorn magic eh..... must be a half-elf.... and and at least 1 quarter űrkchan.

I can locate unicorn magic, and also, under great effort, read thought from any location of the world IF i can come in contact with the power.

I might help YOU, but I require some help first.

IP Logged

I'm hungry!
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

« Reply #58 on: 01/19/03 at 12:44:45 »
Quote Quote

~Princess Aerial~

The dark blue eyes lift to those coming and going silently listening to thier words, thier stories as well as dreams some achieve some lost in the fray that most call life. Her little lips draw down a little in the hint of a frown as she thinks of much the simular with her only it's not her dreams she misses but her father. Shaking the head she'd banish away the bit of misery that always seems to flood through her when she thinks of him as she's always wanted to just be his pride and joy like she once was.  

Sitting back in her chair near the window still watching her pet out of the corner of her eyes she'd smile quietly to her self watching him remembering the magic that her father had used last to turn his first present to her into her pet. The usage of twisting space around it's form, he'd changed her tattered old teddy into a living koala bear. Mayhaps like a typical child would she smiles saying softly although he more then likely don't hear her,"be careful fluffy."  

Crossing her arms over her little chest the 8 year old child again returns her attention to the others within the inn/pub/tavern. Her eyes seeming to assass them all as she was taught to nodding in respect to some. At times her eyes would move to an ankle or two as her old habbit when growing up was biting on ankles just to annoy others much to the laughter of her family. Resisting the urge to again fall back into that rut she smiles and leans back summoning up a little purple flamed fireball in her hand and toys with it returning to her thoughs until spoken to.
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Eternal_Darkness

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #59 on: 01/26/03 at 10:16:53 »
Quote Quote

HOW CAN YOU PPL STAND TO TYPE SO MUCH!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.