Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Nightmist Lounge (role-playing) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 22:14:24

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)  (Read 7887 times)
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)
« on: 06/01/02 at 03:45:56 »
Quote Quote

*not for suggestions or comments about role-playing, but instead, for the expression of role-playing for any who want to participate*

I am Bishop DragonTongue.  I was born in a world far removed from Nightmist, though not so different from it.  Adventure has enticed and haunted me for many decades now, and as age begins to wear me down I find myself compelled to sit and talk of my journeys with like-minded comrades.

I’ve been here in Nightmist for some time now, experiencing the Nightmist of old, before the mist returned and rent asunder all that was known to us.  Fortunately all was restored, although much different than it had been.  New and exciting, the mist recreated Nightmist as if from scratch – again.  Many are still adventuring to this day that knew the world of old, some still struggling for a firm grasp on the new world before them.  Still the mist surrounds us, if you travel far enough, forming a wall of nothingness that encases us all.  I suspect though, that the mist is still building, still assembling a strange and adventure-filled would around us.

I realize I am not known to many of you, and hardly known to those of you who do recognize me, but that is my way – it has always been, even before I came here.  The wounds I carry from my adventures far from Nightmist, the companions I lost, still weigh heavy on my soul.  I do wish you well though, for I know the way of the adventurer, I wish you much luck; adventurous souls will need it.

I offer you a seat; rest and tell us your stories…

(kicks his feet up on the table, leans back and lights and old, intricately carved pipe – relaxed, except that he frequently looks around the room as a man who was hunted might do)

- - - - - - -
I am Khellondros. I emerged from the mists second coming different to what I was before. Although I possess the memory of what things once were I no longer wield the power I once did, and my body is forever changed. I spend more time listening to talk of others adventures than adventuring myself, as though that part of me was lost in the murk of the mist's return.  

My grasp on the workings of this new world are slim at best, I am lost and alone without the help of others. Instead I sit and dream of other worlds, letting this one pass me by. I listen rather than talk, so, like Bishop DragonTongue, few of you really know me. I long for the return of the power the mist stripped from me, but I lack the patience to once again gain it. Instead, in my dreams of other lands, I have power, power that one day I dream of revealing to all. This mist embedded a ‘darkness’ in my soul not present before, and since its return I have felt it growing inside of me. This darkness is part of the power I dream of unleashing.  

Until my day once again comes, I am happy in this world to watch the comings and goings of others, and to gather what information I can that I believe will one day be of use to me. So it is I join Bishop at his table, and wait to see what the open door brings.  

*draws a chair to Bishops table, pulls his black robes around his face, and sits hunched, eyes glinting inside the hood.*  

- - - - - - -
My name is Alita; I join this table because I am lost in this new world. The world before the mists coming was almost on its knees to me, but now I am the one praying that I'm not the next victim. I was always a listener, be it as someone looking for stories to tell or as a spy looking for the foreknowledge that could save my friends.  

My friends, almost all of them never stepped back out of the mist after its second coming, how I miss my friends.  

I have to say that the days of old are much changed to those of present, the power that is held fluctuates more rapidly, and those that hold it are prone to being held by it. There are more gods now, but there are more believers to follow them.  

I feel this place is a home now, there are people here that will sit and tell a story, their story, and they are the best stories to hear.  

*sits at the table, smiles warmly at the others and takes a book, quill and ink from a bag so that these stories may be remembered forever*  

- - - - - - -
I am Valentine. Stories of the Nightmist before the second coming stir my memory, but I was too young to recall much more than vague images. The priests of Nightmist protected me—that is all I am certain of. Such has been the way of my life since I was discovered at the Nightmist church as nothing more than an orphaned baby.  

The realm of the priests holds many differences from what most describe as the real world, which rarely makes sense to me. Perhaps I had been sheltered too much. One truth I have learned to believe is there are no absolute truths; only those who wish to enforce their truths on others. As grateful as I am to the priests who had cared for me for so long, I realize I must discover my own beliefs. A girl can hide in a church for only so long.  

And so I wander. I help those in need, knowing that the favor will most likely never be returned. I pray often, hoping to find a place where the world inside the church seamlessly melds with the world outside. If you know of such a place, I would ask that you take me there. Outside these protective walls is a world far too unfriendly for a lone cleric to journey. With your protection, I could travel.  

*stands a fair distance from the group; she is accustomed to the prejudice against her youth*

- - - - - - -
Most of you know me as Jade.  My take is sad, but a true one none-the-less.  Born from death, and not knowing my parents, i learned early on to make my own way in the world.  I learned the ways of the soundrel, taking what i needed to survive.  I am not proud of the life i have had to live, but i am very good at it.  

I am too young to know of the world before, but i have been here since the beginning of this.... Nightmare!  I have wantched it grow into what it is today.  I have seen cities spring up from nothing(apparently spit from the mist surrounding us) and i have seen creatures from nightmares.  I've seen all types of peoples, both good and bad( I prefer to take what i need from the bad).  And so far i have managed to stay one step ahead of death.    

I have few friends, but they are fierce and loyal, and quick to band together against a common foe.  The type of friends anyone would be proud to have.  And i have a few enemies, but i dont worry to much about them, like i said, im good at what i do.  And one of the things i do is hide, it has kept me alive much more than any other ability i possess.  

I look forward to the day when i no longer have to hide, but untill then i will continue to stay hidden from my enemies.  And i will also remember that the enemy of my enemy is my friend(ussually), and will do what i can to shelter those less fortunate than me.  For i remember the day when i didnt have these skills of mine, and the trouble i had in avoiding the chaos that is the new world.  

I hope my tale is at least informing, if not enjoyable.  

Well met, and good journeys!!  

Leaves quietly the same way she came in, unseen by most, and hopefully, ignored by the rest.

- - - - - - -
::Has a seat by the table::  

I am known by the name Cristo, and oh, what have I gone trough. I was born alone, for my parents would not have me. I learned the arcane arts, but they wouldn't bring peace.  

Oh yes, then I came here.. In a few days I had friends and power, and I've grown even stronger since then.. I've seen alot, too much one would say. Friendship, love, lies, betrayal.. Death.. Everything. It would take me a lifetime to tell the entire story, for I have lived one to learn it. I gave up gaining more strenght, glory and riches, for I have no potential in that.  

I've only learned from my journeys that I should not trust anyone completely.. Oh yes, I've been a mage traveling the lands in search for power. I've reached almost ultimate power through clans, and I've fought the temption to betray my master when I was the Grand Magus of a clan I yet pay some tribute to. Oh yes, and I was there when NightBreed fell. What a grim day, and what a wind.. I could hear it whisper my name, and out of the dust my throne would rise.  

But no, the gods wished this not. And neither did I, and so said all the work they did was meaningless and empty.. I've stood infront of many things, and every time I've had to realize, that sometimes only you yourself can do something about things.. What could I have done then? Prahaps spare the gods from some useless work.  

Anyhow, enough of my boring history.  

::He looks away for awhile before he continues::  

I have a tale to tell, the tale of a man known as Elias Breezecape. He was a young man, in a village of religious people. He had inherited his mothers witchcraft abilities, though he was still unaware of them.. And so the story goes, that trough his fear he would freeze everything, and the land where he stood would always be frozen.. Ofcourse, he was rejected from the village. They now say that he travels the countryside, freezing all in his wake.. Nobody knows, if he'd come here we might all freeze to death.  

::He grins abit, closing his eyes::  

I sit here with all of you, because I have nothing better to do. I've gone trough everything I feel is worth going trough. Most of you here have seen this land trough ages when I did not even know of it's existance, but my passion is over.. I no longer find it fulfilling to wander and fight, gather glory and riches.. So here I am, with all of you people, and I enjoy the simple things of life. Tales, company, and good mead.  

::He rises a toast::  

To the tales.
IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)
« Reply #1 on: 06/01/02 at 03:46:44 »
Quote Quote

(cont.)

Bishop DragonTongue
One of my dear friends I lost long ago, outside the realm of Nightmist.  His name was Kavin.  He was a valiant Ranger, his skills fighting with two long swords was astounding. He was soft-spoken and not terribly outgoing, but whenever we faced a battle he would spring into action formulating a plan.  I probably wouldn’t be here today if not for his brilliant combat tactics.  

We had been on many adventures in this valley, the location of the town of Seville, for over a year.  Our party had shrunk and was growing again, Kavin and I being the last two original members of the 6 or more that comprised the party at that point.  We were following the directions of a couple of old map fragments, which had led us down the old well in the witch’s vale.  Funny to think how many times we walked past it before, not realizing the goal of our quest was so close.

Not long after entering these underground tunnels, we came to a giant chasm – unbelievable in it’s enormity.  A long stone bridge stretched across leading to a large set of doors on the other side.  At that time I was in possession of a ring of flying, and my …paranoid nature caused me to be very leery of this situation, so I took to the air and began to examine the space about the bridge, mainly beneath it.  One of those times I tried to be brave and ended up being the fool.

It took me a short time to conclude that the bridge held no trap or ambush of any kind, so the party proceeded to the doors on the other side.  I had noticed in my scouting that the floor of the chasm, some one hundred plus feet down, was scattered with debris, possibly valuable equipment from previous expeditions.  So, naturally, I investigated.  Unfortunately, what had initially appeared to be stalagmites on the chasm floor turned out to be ‘Ropers’, one of which managed to snare me with its tentacle.  At roughly that same time, the party had just engaged in combat themselves with two very large stone golems that guarded the doors on the far side of the bridge.  I struggled to break free of the roper’s grasp in vain for several minutes, suffering many injuries as it, and other ropers pummeled me with their tentacle attacks. I was finally able to free myself and fly to safety thanks to the help from one of the party members imp familiar.  (that’s another story)  

I arrived, severely battered, at the doors where the golem battle was just ending to discover that Kavin had just fallen.  We had endured so many challenges together...  That moment still seems like an eternity, an eternity of sorrow.  I think I developed a quite bitter attitude at that point.  That’s when I took lead of the party, a role quite unnatural to me.  That was actually my second loss in the span of one day, but that’s a story for another time.

- - - - - - -
Jennifer (see below)

- - - - - - -
I am Dunadan, I have many other names as well. I was born in a land far away in the east. i am of noble blood but my family was outcast to afraid to return the the kingdom wich so rightfully was ours, but we did not care life was fine, as a child i lived in a magical land of elves. i spent much of my time playing and wondering in the forests, i came to know them well but soon fate brought me away i was drivin to the south where i helped fight a war, there i learned many secrets of healing and fighting i became a man of great honor but i was homesick so i left the war torn lands. and when i returned home my mother was dead. and my love was gone from those once so magical lands, so i went into the forests and condemmed myself to a life of wandering i eventually wanderd into a vast desert i was astonished for i found many creatures of emense strengths wich i had never encounterd befor but i  kept going till i came to the woods i found animals that were normal. but they were mean and corrupted i realized this land was foul and i must help to destroy the foul things living here since then i have been told i am a druid, i have fought for honor and rights i do not slay human flesh, evil or not. I am Dunadan lord of the Dunadain, men of the west, king of far kingdoms, outcast...,  

and eventually i hope to return to my homeland and find my beloved, then go to my kingdom and rid the evils that plague the lands then i will take the throne and i will become king Dunadan and i will rule with a kind healing hand......  

but my story isnt finished yet......

o yes excuse my rudness  

*pulls a chair and sits down, he pulls a pipe out and asks bishop for a light, he puffs large smoke rings and reamins quiet as if thinking of many adventures and horrors of long ago and dreaming of new ones to be had.  

thank you for alowing me to sit and speek of stories old.
« Last Edit: 06/03/02 at 16:10:58 by Cyric » IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Jenni

I am Jennifer of AOTN in the game

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 06/01/02 at 22:20:25 »
Quote Quote

I am Jennifer, also As-Known-As Nurse_Jennifer when I was young....Lots of People thought I was born in the City of Nightmist as most of you are....I was atually born in a place called Syndar and I was a natural cleric.....I was born in a wealthy family in the City of Terra in Syndar, I have a total of 4 brothers and I am the oldest of all. One day, My father took me out Boating Tarnok Lake. There was a storm, a huge one. The biggest I have ever seen in my whole life. My father drowned in the horrible weather but I was able to hang on the rowing boat. After that I was probally Fainted...When I woke up I found myself in the shore of a river (which is now the river near Triken)  I was then rescued by a hafling ranger, in that time I was fasinated by the skills of ranger in this strange place. The old ranger taught me the skills of being a ranger. After months gone by, the ranger died. Before she die, she told me to find to City of Nightmist and Learn special skills there. She also told me there is away to get back to Syndar...take JLH's skull and throw it in to the River of Triken...Then the soul of JLH will take me back to Syndar. For years now I have been learning skills of a Ranger, I have not even close to being JLH's opponnent. Hoping somebody will help me, I decided to gather up a tribe to assainate JLH, soon however they decided it wasn't a good plan and ran for other clans. I decided I will stay in Nightmist until the day I DIE!

I now live in the hidden village of Winslan, east of Jahanna. I am learning alot of desert survival skills there. Also publishing "The Nightmist Sun" I come to Nightmist every month to pick up articles written by my writers and also my some goods for my friends Angel_Blade and Shannon. Living in such a quiet life.  
« Last Edit: 06/05/02 at 01:06:03 by Jenni » IP Logged

Crits: Uki, Jennifer, Shannon
Dunadan
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 06/02/02 at 01:27:48 »
Quote Quote

(This is not dunadan, simply his friend at his house)

(Kicks Up a  chair and begins his story)

I am Nameless_Hero, mortal warrior from the lands of the east. Many people do not know who I am, And that is to be expected. As I am always cautious, as I learned after my large mistake of trying to contain the essence of the devil. It all started at the time when I was a mere lad...

My small town of Pern Vally was in terror of a wizzard, Tuatha, he resurected a dead cleric only known of in our town's ancient lore. His resurection, done by pure evil, The Clerics rage from dieing overan him. He began to bring back the resurected souls of lost soldiers, and controlled their minds into thinking bad of the residents in my town. Soon, even Tuatha could not control this evil hord and was killed by his own minions, And then the Cleric claimed the title "The Zombie King."

He was a large threat to the town of Pern Valley, or perhaps, the entire world! I trained myself in the arenas, and challenged the undead-horror. I succeded, but to no prevail, as the Hell-beast Diablo himself brought him back to his hell-saken life......

("Waiter!, another jug of gin! Excuse me, I'll finish this story in a while")

IP Logged

if ignorance is bliss, then why arnt there more happy people
Dunadan
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 06/02/02 at 02:28:24 »
Quote Quote

* thank you old friend, that was an enjoyable tale, I hope to hear the rest of it. Now it is my turn I will tell you of a story of the war in my kingdom.......

After I left from the elven lands I did not first head south to the dark war *shudders I went east to the moutains of Nordain, for no particular reason except i wanted to. and on my travels i came to a town, a town called Fondor. After many days of wandering i was tired so i went to the local pub, it was called tern or torth or something like that, in it I passed by an old man, i paid no attention to him, but as i was heading for a stool he called me to his table. I thought to myself why not andi sat down, I found out his name was Tanorath the dark.

In our conversasion he said he sensed something in me, a noble power, a greatness of beings, i told him i had spent many years with the elves, he seemed to be content with that answer. He called me a powerfull daenk (a name for a wanderer, one who knows much of the wild [a druid] that is common in the far east) he asked me for help in the destruction of a growing power of darkness that was in the area. I agreed, me being the sensable kind of guy who loved his life,not so i left with him.

He showed me to a camp just outside of town, tanorath told me he had beeen asembaling an army to destroy the evil presense ( some great army I thought, about 12 people). He introduced me to the members of the camp,Gardold,Jacks, tineran the white, fartold (gartold's brother) ,jerinine, bonimor, and ethinorem.Little did i know that these people would become my best friends.

After training , both physicly and mentally ,Tanorath said it was time to go, we loaded our gear, got on the horses and ran like the wind. It would be a days journey from the camp to the cursed area.

As we came farther from the town the land became desolate and plants and animals became scarce.Soon in the distance i could make out a castle on the horizon.

Soon that small speck of a castle bacame a huge towering maze of pillars, towars and buildings of all asortments.It's quiet
said Jerinine i agreed whith him, we enterd a courtyard with many doors leading from it. we wonderd wich way to go, then suddenly out of every door including the one we came through poord hundreds of vile and vulgar creatures. some so horrable i cant even  remember, because i have simply blocked them out.

the battle was long and bloody. first We made a circle formation.then some jumped at us flying through the air he came closer and i grabed my chain mace and with a woosh his head flew into another beast, his body crumpled into a pile on the ground, but there was no time i had to fight for my deer life. with mace in one hand and swaord in the other i battled through nocking of appendiges and heads like it was rugbee game. (sorry i had to say something.) i was finishing of what appeard to be a mutant skeloton dog/cat when i felt a stinging cold run down my back, all the hairs on my neck stood straight up, I turned around and.................

* I am exaughsted ill finish it later, bartender get me a coke...what no coke, ALL YOU HAVE IS PEPSI!!! WELL THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.....*leaves the table to go beat the living shi* out of the bartender. * you here screams as the next person begins his story
IP Logged

Lyetor

Horror is something you cannot Escape!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 06/03/02 at 13:45:25 »
Quote Quote

I am Oberon, i used to live in the town of pern valley, untill one day my father, came home and announced to me and my brother, that our mother had died...for days and days i cried Hoping that there was a was she could be re-risen, My father took me and my brother to a place called Cloud City, we decided to have a adventure in to the mists, my brother slipped off a cliff and was hanging on to his dear life, it was a nightmare, ...he slipped...... *cries* i wanted to get my revenge on something, we went in to a castle, and sat on its throne was the Norinth, during the battle my father collapsed and died...this was like a very big nightmare to be, but these things happen, then the mists rose, and new cities formed Arilin, RestHaven...The Desert (jahanna). This was a new start for me i had a lot of enemies, including one of the most powerful people, DragonHeart, as the days grew, me and DragonHeart stopped fighting and we sometimes even joined Forces to kill our enemies! I became stronger thus meaning i could defeat my thoughts that stayed in my head, i deicided to take an adventure to the Barracks, i came across some young warriors one of them who looked Faintly like my brother......had he risen? his name was Araphim, Surely this isnt my brother i went up to and asked him what his name was and before anything he Swung at me with a Halberd, i narrowly missed it but severing my arm....i jumped back up and started a sword fight, a few of his friends started attacking me, i remember a few skills my father taught me i tryed to remember them, and something just made me remember from the love of my father...the lethal break, i grabbed my sword Tightly and Sliced Araphim in half... This wasnt the way i wanted it to happen....but it had to be done, his friends ran away when they saw my power...if it wasnt for my father i wouldn't have won, i praise my father...he maybe be dead but he is still in my heart.... i walked slowly back to the town of arilin kicking stones and sulking...i came across a old man he looked rather sad too, i said whats wrong he said i lost the only person i loved, my wife, i said it happen to me a few years ago i lost my brother...my mother and my father...... i know what it feels like, Later on That Night: a Storm came over...i worried for a bit because i had no where else to go i was sat down on cooper street in arilin and a woman opened a door and said you look cold, would you like to come in untill the storm is over?? i perked up and said yes please...she handed me a cup of hot chocolate and gave me a sheet and a Pillow, she said make your self at home, she was a young woman aged fifteen to twenty, she was kind of interested in me asking me what has happened in my life, we got very close to each other in the coming years, her name was Tristania, i begun to live with her, and then we got married, i was so happy... *Smiles* Now you know my life *walks out the door and says Bye*
IP Logged

Carnage~Horror~Lyetor~Blade
Night_Shadow

Email

« Reply #6 on: 06/04/02 at 03:49:02 »
Quote Quote

(A young man walks into the tavern wearing a chain skirt, wielding a shining silver sword.  He stops at the table where Bishop and the others are sitting and places his sword across his chest.)  
I could not help but overhear you all talking of your past adventures.  I wish to adventure too, If you will allow, I will tell you of myself.
I am Aeron Ironthorn.  I was born and raised in the torn of Arilin.  My father was a great warrior until he ran off to vanquish the demon, Thorran, when I was still a young boy.  My father never returned, after a year of praying to the gods my family assumed that he was dead and continued on with our lives.  
When we were young my father tought my siblings and me divine magicks and fighting techniques.  Each of us honed in on our skills and learned how to control our power.  Torreir, my younger brother is true fighter.  He'll go toe to toe with anything that challenges him, no matter the odds.  His brute strength makes him a powerful adversary in close combat.  My older sister, Shera, is a powerful sorceress.  My father tought her a few spells before he left us and ever since then she has spent years studying different spells to use.  I myself am i paladin.  My father said that paladin's were some of the most well respected people in all the land. That they were the epitome of all humans, and ever since then I have strived to be a role model to all the people around me.  My, friends, I gladly give my services to anyone in need, wether be fighting the Spider Queen or just cleaning a house, my sword and skills are at your service.  
(Aeron pulls a chair towards him and slips into it.)
IP Logged
Satan

Email

« Reply #7 on: 06/06/02 at 22:00:24 »
Quote Quote

*u hear Medieval Music (like Realms of Kaos's) as Satan begins his story*.

I am Satan ruler of hell and Dealer of death.  For so long i challenged the Good untill 1 day a young man, beat me in battle and now i stand before thee to redeem myself.  I shall do good deeds by helping people.  My past never helped me either.  I grew up in a violent environment with wars, and terra which rained over us as if it was for eternity.  The day my Brother died made me angry, but i held my anger in for too long, then i eventualy released it.  As i grew up i began to think "why am i doing this?"  i never did have an answer.  Through many years ive faced strong, tough men who have tried to defeat me in battle, but they never succeeded.  I guess that when i was defeated in battle, my anger was no longer present which made me feel sorry for every living thing.  I plan to live my life over again and help all good beings to defeat the Evil creatures who are like i once was.

*not very good at writing stories but i felt that i needed to take part in this  Smiley
IP Logged
Dunadan
USA 

View Profile

[i][/i]Re: Nightmist Lounge (role-playing)
« Reply #8 on: 06/08/02 at 20:21:32 »
Quote Quote

*comes back from beating the bartender up, he has bloody hands. sorry i didn't mean to get violent it's weary on the body, but i do love coke

i'm not going to finish my story now but just ask,I thought that satan was a demon, and that he was imortal, so yet unable to be defeated, but oh well.

gets up and walks to the weapons rack at the entrance of the bar, it appears that he is going to leave ,when he turns in a flashing movement, bounds down upon satan and has his sword on satans throwt

NOW TELL ME ONE GOOD REASON WHY I SHOULDN'T SLAM THIS COLD METLE THROUGH YOUR GIZZARD RIGHT NOW YOU FOUL DEMON!!!  

takes his sword off of satans throwt

I'm disgusted by you.......

Takes a seat at the other end of the table and brandishes his sword menicingly at satan, while seeming to remember haunting experiences.
IP Logged

LordCovakel

Email

« Reply #9 on: 06/10/02 at 21:09:10 »
Quote Quote

*Lord Viper walks into the tavern pulling back his hooded cloak revealing his golden glowing eyes.*

I am Lord Viper, I like few others was also not born of this land. I am from a far away land knownonly to the highest order of sages and magi. The land I speak of is the Isles of Serillyn. These islands are not attainable by normal means. Only those who have the ability to part the great fogs of Serillyn. I have travelled far and wide and have came across the mist. I have been here for awile and will stay here untill I have learnt all I can about the powers of magic from the local sources of knowleage, and then when I have learnt all I can about the acient art of the magi than I will be off again. Wondering until I can can harness the true power of the magi.

*Lord Viper motions for a chair to come and it slides across the room moving at the sheer will of his mind.*
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 06/10/02 at 21:21:42 »
Quote Quote

I am nonConformist.  I used to contain Martini's character and personality.  My evil ways took over my body killing me emotionally and eventually physically.  I was reincarnated by Martini's shadows and of the many fallen heroes of Consumed by Hatred.  I have no emotion.  I prey on others weaker than me.  I see all as game.  I make stealthy attacks and generally don't travel in the open.  I do not know my past.  My past only exists of a blur.  I have been brainwashed with violent practices by the Brotherhood of Darkness after Consumbed by Hatred merged itself with it.  My purpose has no order or control.  I'm out there just to survive on others' flesh and bones.  I am a predator of the weak and a parasite of the strong.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
NeoSoul

Email

« Reply #11 on: 06/11/02 at 12:44:23 »
Quote Quote

*The dark fiqure movest slowly to ward the table "I hear you all tell stories of your past well here this"

I Don't know who I really am. I woke a few months ago with no gold and no memories either all I had was my trusty Blade of Honor and little clothing.I could not even remember my name or where I was.

As I sat at the side of a worn path a strainger emerged and offered me help. This man then informed me of where I was and what goes on around here. He began to show me how to fight once again and after a few weeks of intense training I started to regain the fighting skills I once possesed. This filled me with hope as I may soon remeber my true purpose in life. I then thanked mike for al his help and told him "One dya I will resturn to see u and I will have conkered all" and mike told me "yes you will NeoConker". So I adopted this name and left mike to search for myself.  

I left Arilin and headed toward the town of nightmist, that mike told me so much about. On my way there I cam across a mighty warroir known as Fear This he began swinging his awsome halberd in my direction, I narrowly evaded the swing then moved in on my own attck. By the end of the battle I stood victorious but mortally wounded. In the midst of the killing I began to remember little details about my past and how I got here. So I swore to myself that I would kill everyone I could to try and restore my memory.  

I finally got to Nightmist, all be it very badly injured, I made my way to the church where the Priest there healed me and told me of this place where tales frm the past were told and maybe someone here would recognize me and know something of my past. I will listen to all your stories and try to remember the land which I once came.

* Placed his mighty Blade of honor on thetable pulls over a chair and shouts "bar keep beer for everyone, who will now share there past with us "
IP Logged
Edix

22122835 22122835     Edix540
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 06/14/02 at 23:53:01 »
Quote Quote

I am Edix, The Phyco Maniac Enchanted Motorcycle.

I was born to unknow parents at an unknow time. I grew up in the Amazon Jungle learning the was of the Wemon Amazons.
But now a Dark Evil grows in side of me. And I must Travle, to the east ... Always to the east.

IP Logged

Nightmist, it is one of the few games which poses the question that eveyone wants to know: Why would you want to attack yourself?
Dunadan
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 06/16/02 at 02:13:40 »
Quote Quote

Dunadan looks at the newcomer

I have never seen one with so much disrespect towards there elders, and that does not mean i am old, but i am wiser than you. a mortorcycle. Hmmph!!and wemon, come on you must have learned bad speaking skills in thse amazon tribes. And of course , to the east, always to the east. Well i never thought that someone had the nerve to even try to get away with that load of plagerism!!!
IP Logged

Edix

22122835 22122835     Edix540
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 06/16/02 at 05:12:17 »
Quote Quote

Vrroooom, HAH shows how much you know,O'Learned one, they spell Women Wemon in the amazon, they don't take to your man world spelling styles!

Plagerism, Let me tell you sumfin about writeing, That is all it is ::Smilles in the only way a enchanted motorcycle can::

::wanders to the corner to contenplate his navle::
IP Logged

Nightmist, it is one of the few games which poses the question that eveyone wants to know: Why would you want to attack yourself?
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 06/18/02 at 17:33:10 »
Quote Quote

A shadowy figure emerges from the shadows near the rear of the room. The man is clothed in a dark, weather-stained cloak which srouds his entire body. From under the low pulled cowl, you manage to make out a pair of intense looking eyes and a whisp of long, white hair.  
 The man crosses the room and says, "I am weary of my travels, I seek shelter from the night, I have naught to pay for my boarding, but I have listened long from the shadows and you all seem to be amused by tales of adventure. Perhaps I could let my story be my fee."
  *A voice from the group:"We would welcome your company for the night, come!, share your tale!"
  "My name is Drizzt Do'Urden, a houseless rouge, and seemingly, I am forever doomed to be. I cannot tell you my tale in full, as that would take many months of long talk, and I have not that time to spare. But, I shall tell you a bit of my past and of my adventuers in this realm."
  "I was born in the Drow city of Menzoberranzan, in a realm far away. The city lies underground in a place called the "Underdark" My people shunned the light and all who dwelt within it. Yes, my people were what you might call an "Evil" race, but i was(and still am) not of the same mind. During my childhood there I learned many things, and became the finest swordsman in the entire city, next to my mentor, my father, Zaknafein.  
  I could not stand the ways of my people, so i denounced thier goddes, the deity of the city, indeed of all drow, Lloth, and removed myself from their presence. I spent many years wandering in the underdark. My only company(and my savior, for if it were not for him i would have been completely alone and become as an animal, only living to survive) was my magical pet, Guenwhyvar, a panther form the ethreal plane.
  Lloth knew of my blasphemous thoughts and my family fell from her favor. To appease their wicked goddess, my mother,(*shudder*)Matron Malice, sacrificed Zak and sent his animated corpse to track me down and kill me.
  After many adventures, I left the underdark, hoping to escape my families reach, and thus be rid of them forever. However, being a "Dark Elf", i was not accepted by many upon the surface of that realm. But, a few finally accepted me.  
  But, my family would not rest untill i was destroyed. They vowed to track me to the very ends of the realms. I brought grave danger to any who would stand beside me. So, I had to leave them for thier own good.
  I travelled far and came through many hardships, but as I said that tale is long. So, for now, I will skip ahead to the point whence I came upon this realm you call "home"(you sence a note of sadness when he utters the word)

I had travelled for many years and again grew weary of the long road. One day, I met a man wo called himself "Bones69". He was the leader of an outcast tribe of shape-shifters known as the "Night Breed". They were few, but they had great skill. He took me in as one of his own, and for a time, I had found a place to call home.
  But, a darkness was decending upon the realm, some of you may be old enough to remember that accursed plague, some may not, but you must have heard the tales before. A mighty necromacer named Norinth had been ammassing a dark army to conquer all of this realm. Many fought against him, many died.
  Then, one fateful day, the god you call "Jlh" the creator,  
decended from on high to desroy the occursed menace. The battle was long, but in the end Norinth fell to the power of Jlh. With his dying breath, Norinth uttered a terrible curse, to bring forth destruction upon the entire realm.
  Pandilex, a demi-god under Jlh, his most trusted servant, saw the wave of darkness spread, and knew he could do nothing to stop it. He saved as many as he could, myself being one of them, by lifting them into the heavens.
  When all was over, nothing remained of the world we knew. The continents shifted, many species became extinct, many new ones took thier place, and again I was without a home. I was the only one of my clan to survive the devestation, and I mourn thier deaths still.
  I like the rest of the survivors did the only thing I could...move on. I explored the realm as it had now become and found many new people had come to this now nearly deserted realm to make a new life for themselves.
  Few, except for the wise, had ever heard about the drow was or even what one looked like, so finally, I was accepted more widely. A handfull of people became drawn to me, and together we rebuilt the city of Midian, home of the Nightbreed.
  For a time we grew prosperous, and taught each other much of our new homeland. But, my feet would not let me stay in any one place for long. I travelled to other realms, and saw many things, met many new people, and had many adventures. I would travel back here every now and then when I was able to check up on things at home and went when the road called. But, when I left, I thought that whenever I returned, I would have a place to call home.
  Sadly, that hope was false. Unbeknownst to me, during one of my many wanderings, my new clan-mates, succombed to an unknown evil. The evil did not destroy them utterly, instead it corrupted their very souls. They became greedy, they strove for power at all costs, and grew jealous of those who had it. They began to ammass an army to help them gain thier power. Midian overflowed with new faces and with them came disorder and chaos. Much was lost.  
  One day, when I returned to Midian from one of my wanderings, I found the gates locked before me. A messenger came to me then and handed me a note, it read: You have become unnecessary, your ideals no longer coincide with our own, we shall follow you no more.  
  I was crushed, mine own trusted friends, had cast me out and claimed my title of high lord for thier own. I knew not what to do besides return to the road, for yet once again, I was without a home.
  I still know not what darkness fell upon them, or how to clense thier hearts of its wickedness, or indeed if it is possible. All that i know is that I am not yet strong enough to do battle with so grave an enemy. Indeed, how does one fight thy friends? I know not.

So now, I have come to the end of my tale. Know you, that I have not returned to this realm to dwell in again, not yet anyway. I am just passing through on my way to other places and other adventures. But alas!, I grow weary....the long road takes its toll on a body and the night grows deep. For now, I shall take my leave of you good people and get some much needed rest. May you fare well this night and the rest to come, for by the time you all awaken in the morning, I shall already be gone."

Drizzt moves across the room and curls up in a chair near the fireplace and soon falls into an uneasy rest.
« Last Edit: 06/18/02 at 17:48:57 by drizzt_dourden » IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 06/18/02 at 18:51:04 »
Quote Quote

ooc-thier is a brief statement in clan forum under eagle~....

this expands a bit on the future of my char....sry for the ooc but felt i should point it out so it is not missed.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 06/18/02 at 19:17:05 »
Quote Quote

The names Sugah. I was born only a matter of months before the great battle between Norinth and the mighty JLH, but in that short amount of time, I grew very powerful thanks to the aid of the oh so gorgous fairy goddess Medora *thinks of pinching her ass*. When the evil had subsided, I was considerably weakened, my powers and strength set back to what I once was, a rookie *grimace*. Through the time I trained myself and became a mighty shapeshifter. I am known to many as the powerful mage old_fart. I take on many forms, one at a time when I am strongest, or all at once which weakens my abilties to control them all. I was once a leader of a mighty clan, we were rivaled by few, feared by many. But alas my need for power took the better of me, and through my struggle for power, I was weakened once again, never to regain the power that I once possessed through them. I became somewhat of a hermit, striving for my power alone-although I have much power now, I believe what it cost me was not near worth it. I was a fearless warrior-mastering my powers, shifting from form to form to battle with the great powers of realm, never knowing what I was fighting for. TO this day I know not what I fight for. Instead of I have turned to help those less fortunate than I am, put my wealth and resources to good use. But it seems even my new friends have left me. Once again I am alone-I continue to search for a purpose. I lash out with "devasting" force(had to say it  Grin) those who would stand in my way, preventing me from reaching my end. To those of you who need my help, call upon me, call out and I will be there-in one form or another. Search for the graceful palidan cupcake, the mighty warrior creampuff, the gentle ranger sugah, or the wicked sorcerer old_fart. And to those who feel they can give me a purpose-I call out to you...
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Khellondros

Email

« Reply #18 on: 06/18/02 at 19:23:04 »
Quote Quote

*stands slowly in his chair, and walks over to stand above Drizzt*

Wherever your travels take you and whatever you face, know that one door will always be open for your return.

*places his hand upon Drizzt's shoulder and mutters a prayer*
« Last Edit: 06/18/02 at 19:42:53 by Rastalin » IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: 06/18/02 at 21:11:24 »
Quote Quote

'bout time you showed yourself Drizzt - welcome.

Sorry I've been away for a bit, we've been constructing our clan keep.  Large project...and quite costly.  And I feel like I have to be there constantly because I just don't trust those laborers to do a good job, ya know.

Argh!  Duty calls.
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.