Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - 1 Pacifist At A Time »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/18/24 at 06:23:49

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Pacifist Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   1 Pacifist At A Time
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 1 Pacifist At A Time  (Read 1261 times)
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

1 Pacifist At A Time
« on: 06/21/03 at 00:49:16 »
Quote Quote

Ok Pacifists have been brought into the game for role playing purposes . . . So why not make it so you can only log on 1 Pacifist at a time . . .

What this will do is limit abuse of boss killing using multiple Pacifists

Let me know whatcha think

-Jimmy
IP Logged
Angel
England 

Death to the Infidels!

60398485 60398485    
View Profile

Re: 1 Pacifist At A Time
« Reply #1 on: 06/21/03 at 02:30:05 »
Quote Quote

OMG, a sensible idea......I'll hide now...in wake of the coming uproar from the pro-alts action group......
Angel Hides.Smiley
IP Logged

It hurts sometimes more than we can bear,
if we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace,
empty rooms, shuttered and dank,
without passion we'd be truly dead.
Uki
Canada 

I am Uki, Daughter of Jennifer

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 06/21/03 at 09:56:51 »
Quote Quote

Not relating to this idea, but I want to say that there should be a story why there is an up rise of pacifists...It could turn in to a religion or something...People believing that war is bad and want to help others heal...
IP Logged

Uki, daughter of Jennifer, Half-Orc Berzerker who decided to follow his fathers destiny. TO RULE NIGHTMIST
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 06/21/03 at 10:03:43 »
Quote Quote

Great idea Despair! Smiley
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 06/21/03 at 12:34:33 »
Quote Quote

hmm even i have to say i it's a good idea Cheesy and you know me and alts Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Momba
USA 

Life isn't to be observed,it is to be experienced.

Old_School_Freak2003  
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 06/21/03 at 12:59:50 »
Quote Quote

on 06/21/03 at 00:49:16, Despair wrote:
Ok Pacifists have been brought into the game for role playing purposes . . . So why not make it so you can only log on 1 Pacifist at a time . . .

What this will do is limit abuse of boss killing using multiple Pacifists

Let me know whatcha think

-Jimmy

O.K. I`m a lil confused. On the same topic( Pacifist) you have a thread titled Partying....
 Anyway I think this is a good idea. I would like to see it even go so far as when you have a Pacifist logged you can`t log any others crits not just Pacifist.
IP Logged

Thë Äñçïëñt Õñës
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 06/21/03 at 13:16:39 »
Quote Quote

on 06/21/03 at 12:59:50, Old School Freaks wrote:

O.K. I`m a lil confused. On the same topic( Pacifist) you have a thread titled Partying....

My partying thread as stated in the thread was not meant so you can log on all your pacifists and run round with a pacifist army,  it was meant as u can party with friends so you dont have to train/explore alone

And with regards to being able to log on any other crit when you have your pacifist online I also agree
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 06/21/03 at 13:28:00 »
Quote Quote

This idea works, the only problem is that i would like to be able to take a set of 4 or so pacifists to the SK...it wouldnt work if i couldnt do it, which is the point of the idea...darn.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 06/22/03 at 00:06:16 »
Quote Quote

you could find other players to go with you Gaddy
IP Logged

Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 06/22/03 at 04:54:10 »
Quote Quote

on 06/21/03 at 13:28:00, -Gaddy- wrote:
This idea works, the only problem is that i would like to be able to take a set of 4 or so pacifists to the SK...it wouldnt work if i couldnt do it, which is the point of the idea...darn.

thats the point of this...people going to the sk and dg with loads of them.
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 06/22/03 at 06:15:30 »
Quote Quote

Great idea.  I was planning to make about 6 or so pacifists and just leave them at the sk and dg... That doesn't seem fair to me, but I would have taken advantage of it, but others would have as well.  Again, great idea!
IP Logged
WiccanTrails

Email

« Reply #11 on: 06/22/03 at 15:31:35 »
Quote Quote

What's the difference between someone having 4 or 5 pacifists that they have to move individually and say a TR member having a party of 7 or 8 alts at a boss? It seems to me that there's a certain clan in the game feeling threatened by the fact that there's a class they can't PK when they show up at a boss anylonger.  Or is it that they can't wait for that boss to be mortal now and walk in and wipe everyone out and take the drop?

Where is the fairness in limiting one  class when it comes to alts but there's no limits on anyone else?  If you're worried about boss drops, then perhaps instead of limiting the crits at a boss then perhaps you should limit how many times one crit can get a drop at a particular boss.  That would seem more across the board fair for EVERYONE in the game would then be limited and not just one class.
IP Logged
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 06/22/03 at 17:36:07 »
Quote Quote

on 06/22/03 at 15:31:35, WiccanTrails wrote:
It seems to me that there's a certain clan in the game feeling threatened by the fact that there's a class they can't PK .

I see where your coming from . . . just 1 thing this was my suggestion and Im not in TR  Wink
IP Logged
WiccanTrails

Email

« Reply #13 on: 06/22/03 at 17:39:31 »
Quote Quote

I'm not saying you ARE TR.  I'm just saying that the bosses can no longer be dominated by people who sign on 10+ alts just to get a boss.  To limit one class because they can't be PK'ed seems a little tilted there.

If you're going to limit, you should limit EVERYONE and not just one group or class.  It's a person's choice what class they choose and they shouldn't be penalized over choosing that class.  I think Pacifists have been restricted enough.  Look at them.  They are the ONLY class that can't join parties, even of their own class and they can't join clans.  Why impose more restrictions on them when no others would face the same restriction?  Are you people that insecure about the boss drops?
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 06/22/03 at 23:08:22 »
Quote Quote

'I'm just saying that the bosses can no longer be dominated by people who sign on 10+ alts just to get a boss.'

what exactly was meant by that? I dont understand it.
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
WiccanTrails

Email

« Reply #15 on: 06/22/03 at 23:56:33 »
Quote Quote

I meant exactly what I said Bean.
IP Logged
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 06/23/03 at 02:04:04 »
Quote Quote

What he means is the bosses should be able to be dominated by people who use 10 alts that can't be pk'd  Roll Eyes

IMO if you wanna take 10 alts to a boss then you should have to risk using alts that can be pk'd
IP Logged
WiccanTrails

Email

« Reply #17 on: 06/23/03 at 02:09:50 »
Quote Quote

Roll Eyes That is not what I mean.  I mean if people are going to complain about someone using 3 or 4 pacifists at a boss that can't be pk'ed then perhaps they should also complain about those that sign onto like 8-10 arches and do the same.  Funny how when it comes to a crit that can't be pk'ed, people find something to complain about but they never point out issues that's already wrong.

And in my opinion when you consider those that's at the bosses already, it's not like the pacifists are going to cause too much of an issue.  You people are already complaining about a class that's not even available yet and you haven't even seen what they can or can not do.  How do you know that even with 4-5 pacifists they'll be able to take the bosses?  I mean come on there's how many bosses in the game that dies by healing?  You all act like the pacifists are going to take something away from you.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 06/23/03 at 02:59:00 »
Quote Quote

Umm dude, thats cause with other classes they still have the chance of dieing...

A party of pacifists, lets say a party of 5+ would be nearly invincible to any monster attack... so they would stand NO CHANCE AT ALL of dieing... therefore they get an easy item if the boss drops...

Whereas If you have a groups of rangers fighters thieves etc. You can STILL DIE/be pked. Therefore anyone who happens across the square can own your ass and take the kill, with pacifists that is not an option...

And one of the most expensive, as well as most aquired items in the game is a monster killed by healing *Im talking of course the spider king* So yeah, they'd be taking something away if you could log on 10+ pacifists and go own a monster that drops an item that sells for 100k+

Edit:It WAS one of the most expensive drops...lol
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
WiccanTrails

Email

« Reply #19 on: 06/23/03 at 04:55:33 »
Quote Quote

Look at what's been told of the pacifist.  They weild no weapons.  Their armor is that of the cleric.  Granted they can heal, but that costs mana.  Their attacking/healing the undead or spider king costs mana.  Whereas the ranger and fighter only require pots to live or a cleric to heal them.  Their armor is stronger and they weild a weapon, unless they're totally stupid and fight with their hands.

It's already been said they'll sustain heavy damage when in any sort of battle with a creature.  Awww the poor PK'ers of NightMist has a class they can't hurt.  BIG DEAL!  It just seems to me you people just wanna cry about something and seeing you all only focus on PK'ing in the game, your biggest complaint is for once there's a class you all can't PK.  GET OVER IT!  I highly doubt people are going to drop their rangers, fighters, mages, clerics, druids, paladins and such and run for a pacifist when you stop and think about it.  Yeah, I know there's alot of people that's going to have one but my god.  You people act as if this class is going to totally ruin the game.  Through this whole discussion, it hasn't been focused on dealing with the boss issues, it's been focused on the PK'ability of the pacifist.

You know what? I applaude Pandilex for creating this class.  I think it's one of the few things left with a little sanity.  So big deal if a group of pacifists come in and get the sg's or the hally.  You think it's going to change anything? You think it's going to change the cost of the items? My god you people really need to get out and get a life!  The hally itself jumped from 50-65K to 150K in less than a year.  BIG DEAL!  It's said, well don't like the price don't buy it.  So here's my answer to those of you that want to sit around and whine and cry over a class that you can't PK, don't like it, don't play.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.