Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Vines »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 09:13:00

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Pacifist Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Vines
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vines  (Read 860 times)
Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

Vines
« on: 06/12/03 at 11:50:52 »
Quote Quote

will they be able to get caught in vines?
and i take ti monsters can attack them?
IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
WiccanTrails

Email

Re: Vines
« Reply #1 on: 06/12/03 at 12:47:05 »
Quote Quote

Keep in mind that Pandilex made a system message announcement that the druid spells could kill the pacifists but it was a bug and anyone who exploits that bug will be banned.  Seeing he made that announcement, I would assume that would as well include the grasping vines spell.

And from what I understand, yes the other monsters of the game can kill them.  Not really sure though
IP Logged
Bobbity

Email

« Reply #2 on: 06/14/03 at 20:17:29 »
Quote Quote

Grasping Vines attack seperate from the druid though. So once the spell is casted the vines have nothing to do with the druid.

And why shouldn't they be able to get caught in vines?
IP Logged
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 06/14/03 at 20:59:58 »
Quote Quote

They should not get cought in them as they can't kill them.
IP Logged

Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED !!!!!!!!!!!
Bobbity

Email

« Reply #4 on: 06/14/03 at 21:06:17 »
Quote Quote

True. But just because they can't kill them it doesn't mean they can't be grasped by vines. For example a baby, if it gets stuck in I dunno anything, and they can't get out, it doesn't mean they can't get stuck. (Crappy example I know lol)
IP Logged
Harath

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 06/14/03 at 22:20:36 »
Quote Quote

You can't really use real life examples on a game like this... its just not realistic. In real life you don't have pacifists running around that can teleport to their local tavern, heal others by magic, and not be attacked by anything.

I don't see why they should be able to get caught by vines.. otherwise there stuck there till someone else kills it, or they get an alt which would be exactly what the caster wants to happen. Maybe they can talk to the vine, and pursuade it to let them go ;p
IP Logged
Starry
New_Zealand 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 06/30/03 at 15:30:21 »
Quote Quote

They should be able to summon the vines their self, as a type of defense, and be attacked by them because Noobs are gonna get Pacifists and annoy the more experanced players, and there is nothing they can do (meaning in the sence of pking) because in the terms of service or something (when I last had a read of it) said that if you don't like someone, or if someone is annoying you, pk them.. the 10 level thing is bad enough, little lone not being able to attack them at all......at the least they should be able to be hit by magical weapons or magical attacks (storm wrath, wrath of the gods, etc..) just have a low hit rate..
IP Logged

Cry me a god dammn river!
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 07/01/03 at 04:11:38 »
Quote Quote

it would be nice if when they entered a square with vines the vines disappeared  Grin
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 07/01/03 at 06:51:50 »
Quote Quote

Id assume that that would happen with that justice area square spell. You know thier, non-pkable square spell.
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 07/07/03 at 07:32:29 »
Quote Quote

on 06/30/03 at 15:30:21, Zoloft wrote:
They should be able to summon the vines their self, as a type of defense, and be attacked by them because Noobs are gonna get Pacifists and annoy the more experanced players, and there is nothing they can do (meaning in the sence of pking) because in the terms of service or something (when I last had a read of it) said that if you don't like someone, or if someone is annoying you, pk them.. the 10 level thing is bad enough, little lone not being able to attack them at all......at the least they should be able to be hit by magical weapons or magical attacks (storm wrath, wrath of the gods, etc..) just have a low hit rate..

i highly doubt it'll be noobs that are annoying poeple. when i first started almost a year ago, only people i had problems from, were bored archmasters...wait, its still like that.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 07/11/03 at 02:30:23 »
Quote Quote

on 06/14/03 at 21:06:17, Bobbity wrote:
True. But just because they can't kill them it doesn't mean they can't be grasped by vines. For example a baby, if it gets stuck in I dunno anything, and they can't get out, it doesn't mean they can't get stuck. (Crappy example I know lol)
Do you go around tangling babies with objects?
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 07/12/03 at 10:30:18 »
Quote Quote

on 07/11/03 at 02:30:23, Stotic wrote:

Do you go around tangling babies with objects?

No, but grasper vines OTOH.....
IP Logged
Rattlesnake
USA 

Miau

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 07/18/03 at 23:23:26 »
Quote Quote

I was south of NM yesterday training my pacifist when another yelled for help. I went to help and found out he was stuck in vines.. and then so was I. So we both yelled for help and ended up with 4 pacifists stuck in the vines healing ourselves until a kind fighter came along and killed the vines freeing us. It was quite an amusing situation.
IP Logged

Contact Sweet_Dream in game. Smiley
My Pictures
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 07/22/03 at 12:30:50 »
Quote Quote

on 06/14/03 at 22:20:36, Harath wrote:
that can teleport to their local tavern

But wouldn't that just be the best thing ever..?
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.