Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Mapping... »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 04:47:08

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Mapping...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mapping...  (Read 835 times)
Geunhwyvar
USA 

Failure is not an option.

View Profile

Mapping...
« on: 02/03/04 at 00:29:53 »
Quote Quote

I'm not exactly sure where this post should be.

I have recently been interested in doing mapping, I was wondering what program to do it with, paint? Some other kind of program, what should I use.
IP Logged

Holy, Geunhwyvar, Jeska, Torgar, Battlehammer, Llyon
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

Re: Mapping...
« Reply #1 on: 02/03/04 at 04:16:16 »
Quote Quote

I prefer to use paint because it's fast and simple.  I don't have the link anymore but I'm pretty sure there is an ASCII Mapmaker out there.  I had it once but never got it to work so I can't really say if it's good or not.
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/03/04 at 05:17:48 »
Quote Quote

ASCII Mapmaker is a great program for map making, unless you want to use colour coding, in order to do that you'll have to take a screenie of your map & paste it into paintbrush, cus when you save it, it always reverts to black & white.  

(I actually think you can save as *.bmp but I'm not sure as it's been so long since I've used the program.)
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/03/04 at 12:38:09 »
Quote Quote

Yeah, ASCII map maker has a *.bmp save function. You can also save unfinished maps as project (*.pro) files, meaning it'll store the selected colours too. You can get it here.

NOTE: When saving as *.bmp, be sure to move the save screen out of the way of the actual map, otherwise it saves it with a big gap Undecided

Hope the link works, couldn't find the file on download.com
IP Logged

Geunhwyvar
USA 

Failure is not an option.

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/03/04 at 17:41:41 »
Quote Quote

Well, I have download ASCII Mapmaker, and am going to try it out, in the meantime I had started an updated map of Nightmist. I still need to finish it, and add more detail, so it looks more professional but thanks for the help.  

I will try to create a website to put it up on and all, if anyone would like to help me with that that would be most appreciated, otherwise I'll just use frontpage, or something. I hope to get updated versions of most maps in the world of Nightmist for all of you to use, thank you again.

-Geunhwyvar
IP Logged

Holy, Geunhwyvar, Jeska, Torgar, Battlehammer, Llyon
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.