Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - arena in bt? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/28/24 at 16:34:56

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   arena in bt?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: arena in bt?  (Read 2408 times)
Crispy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

arena in bt?
« on: 01/23/04 at 02:44:00 »
Quote Quote

i wanna know why there isnt a arena in bt i mean come on i think its a nice idea
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

Re: arena in bt?
« Reply #1 on: 01/23/04 at 03:05:32 »
Quote Quote

Why is it a nice idea?
There are about 8 arenas in RH which are empty 90% of the time...... I don't think more arenas are needed. Sorry.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 01/23/04 at 04:33:28 »
Quote Quote

i think some more arenas would be kind of cool. when i was going to harabec the day it opened i was kind of hoping there would be one. in bt though, i think it is uneccessary, but only because bt is a place that forces most classes to learn the sewers and not ask for rides (or atleast that's what i've always figured). i'm not saying any town right now needs one, but there are some instances where it might be usefull or fun.

on a side note, why the hell is there 8 arenas in resthaven anyways? that never made sense to me at all. arilin was always overflowing back when arenas were a usefull thing, and resthaven was something of a ghost-town, only usefull for the advanced healing potions.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 01/23/04 at 11:37:05 »
Quote Quote

The arenas in Rest Haven didn't give as much exp as Arilin.. And still don't.. The monsters hit for more, give less exp and the same gold.. People will always go to the place that's best.
IP Logged

alicia

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 01/23/04 at 12:09:22 »
Quote Quote

and they all spurt out the same monsters... as do the harabec ones
IP Logged
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/23/04 at 23:31:01 »
Quote Quote

I don't see the point of arenas. Nightmist one, of course it's useful/needed... the only good things about arenas... are for the double xp days... I've lvl'd a few crits in arenas on those days.
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
Crispy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 01/23/04 at 23:53:18 »
Quote Quote

i think its a good idea in my opinion for all the new people that reach lvl 11 ya know
IP Logged
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 01/24/04 at 08:49:50 »
Quote Quote

on 01/23/04 at 03:05:32, Zephie wrote:
I don't think more arenas are needed.

They are though. Yes, theres 8 in RH, but how are you meant to use them if you're in BT? Getting to BT as a newbie is probably quite hard, so when you get there its good to actually have an arena to train on, where you can't get pked.
IP Logged
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 01/24/04 at 14:14:20 »
Quote Quote

I've always seen BT as a way to get new players independance, after all, they can't catch a ride everytime, so they have to learn the way, it isn't actually that hard to get to. And once you've learnt it, learning other areas is much easier.
IP Logged

Crispy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 01/24/04 at 19:33:54 »
Quote Quote

what happans if some new player forgets the way and dies over and over and over and over ya know
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 01/24/04 at 19:49:20 »
Quote Quote

Then they either find a map and make it, or a MuD isn't the right gaming choice for them.
IP Logged
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 01/24/04 at 20:13:20 »
Quote Quote

I always love your replies Aidon Cheesy
IP Logged

Darkon
USA 

To be weak is an invitation to be killed...

majindonald   ZypherSpelbinder
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 01/25/04 at 09:04:15 »
Quote Quote

Let the new people train outside of town and learn about pking.  No point in letting them train in an arena thier whole nm lives.
IP Logged

Darkness is the only way, chivalry is another word for lust and desire, heroism is nothing more than demanding attention, and holy is only to control...
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 01/25/04 at 11:36:25 »
Quote Quote

on 01/25/04 at 09:04:15, Tetsusaiga wrote:
Let the new people train outside of town and learn about pking.  No point in letting them train in an arena thier whole nm lives.

Then remove RH, Harabec and Arilin arenas.
IP Logged
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 01/25/04 at 12:40:48 »
Quote Quote

I think it is good that a lot of the time you have the choice between crappy arena exp and being slaughtered out of town. I also think it is good that blackthorn has no arena, it just adds a little bit more to the whole attack, gain xp, go level, attack, gain exp, go level. If you know what I mean, you actually have to cross-city boundaries to do it.
IP Logged
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 01/25/04 at 12:44:48 »
Quote Quote

Which isn't necessarily a good thing. I doubt new players enjoy going back and forth between towns, especially when they frequently get pked, or get killed by the monsters. Do you know how frustrating it is to finally get the required experience to level, only to be cut down by pkers or monsters when you try to reach BT? If you want them to get frustrated and eventually leave due to not being able to level that easily, then fine, keep it as it is. An arena added to BT wouldn't ruin the game, it would only improve it.
IP Logged
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 01/25/04 at 13:29:39 »
Quote Quote

I can see the argument makes sense. It's getting the right balance between the game being too easy and being stupidly pointless and making people leave which is the hardest thing.
IP Logged
Geunhwyvar
USA 

Failure is not an option.

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 01/29/04 at 22:58:38 »
Quote Quote

I feel that arenas in general are pointless. The only thing they are used for is in NM when new players just find it and think, "Ok, so this is how I gain exp." Every other arena is worthless. Plus, 2 hits on a small snake at level 1 gets you level 2 as opposed to 10 at the NM arena.

On double exp days, go out and get that exp. Double crap is still crap, double normal is nice.

I find the only way the 8 arenas in RH to be usefull is when you're trying to find a skeletal warrior as a healer to hit up. But that area could be used for more valuable places, such as more shops, or something! Why waste it on something nobody uses?

Blackthorn shouldn't have an arena because it's just one of the "passby" towns that allow you to get supplies/levels and then leave. It's not a town people stay at for very long, and shouldn't be.

That's my...4...cents.
IP Logged

Holy, Geunhwyvar, Jeska, Torgar, Battlehammer, Llyon
Fyxie
USA 

Nightmare, conspiracy, depression and lunacy

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: 02/01/04 at 21:05:39 »
Quote Quote

on 01/25/04 at 12:40:48, Oracle wrote:
I think it is good that a lot of the time you have the choice between crappy arena exp and being slaughtered out of town. I also think it is good that blackthorn has no arena, it just adds a little bit more to the whole attack, gain xp, go level, attack, gain exp, go level. If you know what I mean, you actually have to cross-city boundaries to do it.

I agree, except for one thing, now that there's a lvl'ing cut off you can't gain that extra xp to make the run down there. When I first started I would train a few 1,000 xp points over so that I knew that even if I got pk'd a couple times I could just go right back to running to BT without dropping back under the required xp and having to go train before I could make another attempt at running down there.  
IP Logged

Fyxie, Deviant, Vashalia, Stumbleine, Twink, Modulation, Elena, Pisces, Faygo, Adore, Starla, Autopsy, Dyna, Porcelina, Diao_Chan
Crispy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/04/04 at 02:11:52 »
Quote Quote

thats acually good idea what fyxie said we should beable to go (atleast) 1k over exp ya know for lower lvls not higher
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.