Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Rapier »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/23/24 at 20:40:23

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Rapier
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rapier  (Read 2588 times)
Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

Re: Rapier
« Reply #20 on: 01/17/04 at 16:32:52 »
Quote Quote

History 101.

In the late 18th and early 19 centuries the rapier was called the dueling weapon it was used mainly by soldiers and sailors for its long slendor blade and the speed at witch it could be drawn. BUT the weapon started its life as an assasins weapon. because of the reasons listed above. It was light and fast when most weapons of the period were big and bulky giving the assasin or theif an advantage over guards they would encounter.

Taken from Europeiska armborst. En översikt," Vaabenhistoriske Aarbøger, No. Vb (Copenhagen, 1947): 105-255. (Summary in German.)

as well as Aylward, J.D. The Small-sword in England, its history, its forms, its makers, and its masters. London: Hutchinson & Co., Ltd., 1945, revised 1960.

a thief very well would have used it because its speed and setup alone give the thief an advantage over anyobne using a big and bulky halberd, long sword or a plethera of weapons in this game.

But wait a tick we had an agument like this before berserker bear shirt and it was ruled that staff does what they want so ohh well.
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
Haunted
Virgin_Islands 

Exit the dreams of full remorse

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 01/17/04 at 17:35:08 »
Quote Quote

on 01/16/04 at 19:59:09, Aidon wrote:
I do not see how a thief could use a long sword, which is basically what a rapier is, only thinner.  Rapiers are used for sword dueling, aka swashbuckling, which I rarely see thieves do, beings they use covert abilities and assassinate.  I would imagine it would be difficult to assassinate someone with a long sword.  Hence the reason when I made it, I made it for the current classses.  

Rapier=Not a thieves weapon

I cannot imagine an Airship being in this game, but its fantasy, i cannot imagine people summoning devastate irl, but its a fantasy game, so whats the problem?
IP Logged

Sature the souls of a virgin land.
A nation on its knees by its own naive
beliefs. Feasting on the flesh of our starving
who­re. Idly looking on as it bites once
more.
Darkon
USA 

To be weak is an invitation to be killed...

majindonald   ZypherSpelbinder
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 01/17/04 at 18:07:17 »
Quote Quote

Not the first time this game would be "off".  Like berserkers smiting i believe.  Isn't smiting supposed to be a paladin ability to destroy evil with?
IP Logged

Darkness is the only way, chivalry is another word for lust and desire, heroism is nothing more than demanding attention, and holy is only to control...
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: 01/17/04 at 18:09:16 »
Quote Quote

Holy Cow.

Does it matter? NO!!

So drop the ****ing subject kids.

If the weapons gets changed so that thieves can use it (which Aidon already said isn't going to happen) then moan and groan all you like.
IP Logged

Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 01/17/04 at 19:21:41 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 18:09:16, alone wrote:
Holy Cow.

Does it matter? NO!!

So drop the ****ing subject kids.

If the weapons gets changed so that thieves can use it (which Aidon already said isn't going to happen) then moan and groan all you like.

No ****ing nuts you guys, I hope you get some kind of ban for the nuts you gave to Aidon, too.  There is no reason to be like that, Aidon kept is simple and didn't give you guys nuts and you acted like pricks.

Why is it that it's always players like you who never seem to be around in game to be pked over and over?
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Haunted
Virgin_Islands 

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 01/17/04 at 20:58:39 »
Quote Quote

Uh were you the one with 23 Archies Everlast? No you weren't and still aren't. I was. now stfu. Aidons attitude towards players is terrible! he tells everyone to 'stfu' aswell.
IP Logged

more.
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 01/17/04 at 22:23:34 »
Quote Quote

lmao, Can you blame him?

"I have more arches than you..that means I'm better! nanananana"   Grin

IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #27 on: 01/17/04 at 22:55:47 »
Quote Quote

/t Haunted How many characters you have means jack nuts.

/t everlast "Why is it that it's always players like you who never seem to be around in game to be pked over and over?"   That wasn't aimed at me was it? Undecided
IP Logged

Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 01/18/04 at 00:52:20 »
Quote Quote

-To Alone- no homes lol, you and I have been cool for a long time, even now that most of DH is very anti-me.  I would not post an attack towards you even if i ever found a reason.  I'm not one to publically flame friends.

Edit- Decided I didn't want to bother replying to Rich.  You can private message me on forums if you need to carry on anymore.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Haunted
Virgin_Islands 

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 01/18/04 at 13:43:17 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 22:23:34, Zephie wrote:
lmao, Can you blame him?

"I have more arches than you..that means I'm better! nanananana"   Grin

the point i was getting at Jen was, He was trying to imply that i was a newbie. Maybe i am, now, i dont play. But another point is, you maybe had more arches than me, at the time you didnt if i remember rightly, but you still suck(ed). Smiley
IP Logged

more.
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 01/31/04 at 00:35:35 »
Quote Quote

All this argument about a fancy oak staff...
IP Logged
Geunhwyvar
USA 

Failure is not an option.

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 02/03/04 at 00:59:45 »
Quote Quote

*Geunhwyvar nods in agreement with YRA*

Why does almost every single topic in this forum end up with some people arguing over something or another. Why can't you stick to the topic at hand.
This is the improvements forum not the "mine's bigger than your's" forum.

If the rapier plans on being changed, which Adion made it clear it wasn't, then it should be changed like this:  
-It should slightly regenerate stamina a bit faster than usual because of the speed in combat it provides.  

-It should also do more than 5 base damage.  

-It is a piercing weapon so it should slightly negate the effects of armor, not totaly, but a little.  

-Because of this it deals puncture wounds, not the typical slashing wound, so possibly a more devestating attack, because normaly it deals deeper wounds, getting closer to some of the more vital organs/areas or the body.

That just makes sense to me...maybe not to others, but to me it does. Just my opinion.
IP Logged

Holy, Geunhwyvar, Jeska, Torgar, Battlehammer, Llyon
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 02/03/04 at 05:03:47 »
Quote Quote

Ppl, this d**n post died a good 2-3 weeks ago, stop bumping it with additional comments please....it is old and useless.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.