Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - (to sysops): Showing Yourself »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/07/24 at 06:20:39

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   (to sysops): Showing Yourself
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: (to sysops): Showing Yourself  (Read 1220 times)
Xien Pk
USA 

<<<Picture made by Xien>>>

View Profile WWW Email

Re: (to sysops): Showing Yourself
« Reply #20 on: 09/13/03 at 20:06:48 »
Quote Quote

Bean... the goverment is always running from the truth (Except when it's tax time...)   Lips Sealed
 Shocked

IP Logged

[move]"Gotta get up to get down"
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: 09/14/03 at 19:51:45 »
Quote Quote

I live in the us as well and don't hardly see staff on but most the time If I keep buging em and yelling for them some one answers lol
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 09/15/03 at 22:03:50 »
Quote Quote

on 09/12/03 at 02:25:31, Bean wrote:
Isnt zephie an aussie?

Edit: Or is that the darn sexy Deval that im thinking about?

Zeph lives in Florida... Wink

I don't do the whole /? as often anymore... figure, they're not on anways.. and when not doing /? there's usually one on. I never need staffs assistance though for anything. It would be nice.. if they could be cloaked more.. when possible.
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 09/16/03 at 00:12:55 »
Quote Quote

Just thought id say my count is now on 34 (times in a row ive logged on typed /? and 'There are no staff online to help you at the moment' (a few times with staff on the same square as me)
The command is useless and should be removed... i think zephie and medora (occasionally pandilex) used to use it, but no one does anymore.
To find staff use /staff, /who (check for morts), or yell
IP Logged
Xien Pk
USA 

<<<Picture made by Xien>>>

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: 09/20/03 at 08:07:39 »
Quote Quote

wow... This forum just got twizted around (It looked like we were gettting into about 3 diffrent convo's there...)

Anyways, yea, I agree with the hole removing of the '/?' it's just gonna make forums like this get started latter... Tongue

~Valos
IP Logged

[move]"Gotta get up to get down"
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 10/01/03 at 18:56:46 »
Quote Quote

why do /staff? as i remember, when someones cloaked, it doesnt say they were on until after they log off...

and staff do need to show themselves more, oh wait, ill even get away from that and argue the other point, where if you yell they come...

3-4 weeks ago, i yelled for staff to help with a trade, no one answered, waited a couple minutes /yell will staff please monitor a trade, no ones on, so then i say, another time no staff are on, as im saying that i log on my alt who's at south gatehouse where pandilex is having a leasure convo with a couple tr members, for sanity sake i /? no ones on, i yell again asking for help with a trade, no one answers, and pandilex keeps with his conversation...

next day im looking to trade with the same person, im yelling, no ones coming, i try again, nothing, oh well, no ones on, 15 seconds later someone else yells for a trade and there oracle pops out to help them, okay, he probably got on then, so while thier trading, i ask oracle to help me with a trade after them, he ignores what i say, so then i figure, well maybe he will help afterwards, trades over, he telports away or whatever he does, so i yell thinking he didnt see me, no response...

now right there are 2 examples where i believe i personally should have been helped, or atleast told to hold on...
IP Logged
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: 10/03/03 at 10:09:21 »
Quote Quote

I was probably not logged on and called through msn/aim and was busy so didn't pay attention to people on the square lol and when the trade was over tped away. I by no means ever ignore someone asking for trade supervision and I apologise for what I guess it seems I did. Oracle_Nightmist@msn.com
or FnkBunny on aim, when I'm at my pc and on those, I'll always come for trades.
IP Logged
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 10/03/03 at 10:22:00 »
Quote Quote

I had a problem much like that myself the other day. I needed to do a trade. Yelled for staff for a good 5-10 minutes. ... no answer... the person I'm going to trade with decides that since we can't get staff, he's just gonna buy his friend's crit instead since they trust each other.  *growl* Log off, and not even 1 min later I log that crit back on.. and there is staff...helping someone else...
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
Dark_Jester

Honor is a word to some, and life to others.

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 10/03/03 at 19:42:33 »
Quote Quote

Perhaps we should get someone to Monitor Trades for a block of time.

Leaves the Staff with more important things to do.

I could volunteer for this as I am usually on at nights (est)

Also I can be reached on aim, yahoo, msn. Smiley

Dark_Jester
IP Logged
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: 10/03/03 at 20:35:57 »
Quote Quote

Self help trade people.  Wink

As mentioned before, people like Sera are trusted enough to play middleman in a trade, both traders handing items and gold to her, and she switched them around after inspecting that all is well.

If enough players trustworthy enough can be found, it would be worth the effort of maybe creating a list of them. People could page those players if no staff is on to monitor the trade.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 10/04/03 at 06:39:08 »
Quote Quote

i personally only would trust one person, and she doesnt even play anymore, so unless staff are around, im kinda in a bine
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.