Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Barracks »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/02/24 at 14:21:30

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Barracks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Barracks  (Read 429 times)
AlecxZeck-P1C

Psionic Knight 1st Class

View Profile

Barracks
« on: 08/11/03 at 16:51:01 »
Quote Quote

I'm not going to complain, I'll just present the problem.

There are way too many pacifists in game that are in the Barracks, taking all the Demonic Soldiers, while us Clerics who -can- be killed scavange past them, getting barely any experience.  Before I quit, I posted an idea for a bigger Barracks, and regardless of whether JLH is going to do it or not, something has to be done.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as 'impossible', only those with out suitibly dedicated followers. - Serena Butler
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

Re: Barracks
« Reply #1 on: 08/11/03 at 16:53:08 »
Quote Quote

Yea the barracks should be made bigger, and the way too DG as well. maybe make it 2 or even 3 lvls instead of the normall one.
IP Logged
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #2 on: 08/11/03 at 16:59:04 »
Quote Quote

I agree with this, its one of the most used areas, yet its probably one of the smallest aswell. Add another 2 or 3 levels, maybe a few new monsters.
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 08/11/03 at 19:05:51 »
Quote Quote

no joke...rax are tiny...makes them great to run around invis and jump people...it'd be nice if there were more lvls..maybe something called demonic gaurds or something?
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
AlecxZeck-P1C

Psionic Knight 1st Class

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 08/11/03 at 19:37:32 »
Quote Quote

I'd rather be PKed left and right by the TR, than not have anything to kill down there.

Down with Pacifists!!!
IP Logged

There is no such thing as 'impossible', only those with out suitibly dedicated followers. - Serena Butler
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 08/14/03 at 02:19:20 »
Quote Quote

Booooooooooooooooo! Down with pacifists! Expanding the racks has been discussed a tremendous amount of times, but it never happeeeeeeeeeeens!
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 08/14/03 at 07:38:53 »
Quote Quote

I love my pacifist, but I am all for a rax extension. If not that, then some other areas where healing crits can gain decent xp.

Except the forest of souls, which is pretty large, all areas where healers can train are more crowded than the NY subways during rush hour.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 08/14/03 at 09:07:45 »
Quote Quote

But you don't have the hobo's asking you for money claiming their Moses.  Personal experience...
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: 08/14/03 at 10:07:39 »
Quote Quote

lol i was thinking as a room to get to the general the sqare before you have to press a button that would say "sound alarm" and 10 of dg's minions would come from the sqare above and you would have to battle them all just to make it a bit more fun sounds good to me
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
Harky
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 08/14/03 at 10:35:22 »
Quote Quote

Originally I intended the barracks to be a lot bigger, and multi-leveled. Unfortunately, as anyone that was around near the time of the big reset knows - the pressure from the players was mounting and there just wasn't enough time at the end to put in everything; considering the amount of area's that were being developed simultaneously. I'm not saying the players weren't justified in getting angry, they were promised a date when the reset would be ready after all.. and we all know how awful the 'free experience days' were.

Getting back to the original topic, when people started crowding down there to level, I had to expand it(yes, it was originally even smaller than it is now.) Though with the knowledge of the pacifist class, I'd have expanded it further. Any staff members that want to take over where I left off, feel free.
IP Logged
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 08/14/03 at 17:58:08 »
Quote Quote

i plan to change it myself soon.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: 08/14/03 at 22:14:56 »
Quote Quote

~Lady_Maha cheers for JLH~

ty ty ty ty ty!
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 08/16/03 at 08:44:16 »
Quote Quote

didnt cyric have a large area he was going to add to it before he quit?

Edit: i mean fired, sorry for the mistake, lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.