Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - stam trick »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/02/24 at 11:08:16

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   stam trick
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: stam trick  (Read 641 times)
-=ToM=-
United_Kingdom 

Take a Walk

View Profile

stam trick
« on: 07/22/03 at 15:52:52 »
Quote Quote

put it back in it gave every1 a way to beat healers if they where not newbs  Tongue
IP Logged

Lyetor/Delirius/Existenz/Centurion ingame
Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

Re: stam trick
« Reply #1 on: 07/22/03 at 16:03:20 »
Quote Quote

YES! PLEASE MAKE STAM TRICK COME BACK!
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 07/22/03 at 16:04:15 »
Quote Quote

No do not put it back.It was unfair for the people who did not know how to use it.

Don't get me wrong I loved using it lol
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Celerity
United_Kingdom 

Full offence intended.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 07/23/03 at 04:25:12 »
Quote Quote

Unfair to people who can't use it? What kind of stupid argument is that? If you can't use it you learn, or you get owned by people who can.

It should be brought back, not only did it add skill to duelling/pking/triplex & mosh fights, the current system makes no sense. If you're healing at a boss with 1 stam, 1 second away from regaining to 5, you use 1 heal you gotta wait another 10 seconds.. means if different people are getting hit you can only really heal one or two every 10 seconds (this is Very annoying at the harder bosses).
IP Logged

Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 07/24/03 at 00:37:17 »
Quote Quote

Leave it how it is, does it make sense to have people gain stamina at a certain time or does it make more sense that after you use your stamina that i'd come back later.  They already said that it was a bug in JLH's opinion, if you can't beat a healer don't duel one.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 07/24/03 at 00:45:23 »
Quote Quote

I think it would be better this way.

Say you're a Fighter with six stamina. You have two left, and accidentally use one. Your stamina regenerates at the time it was supposed to before you attacked instead of having to wait another ten seconds.

Same fighter, but now he has four stamina left. He accidentally attacks and now has to wait another ten seconds for hi sstamina to regenerate.

Basically what it is is that you will regenerate stamina like how it was before if you are not gaining more than your total number of stamina.  

Kinda confusing, but that was the best I could word it.
IP Logged

Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 07/24/03 at 01:05:08 »
Quote Quote

gaining stamina after you used that stamina might make sense, but always gaining your stamina at the same 10 second intervals isnt the way it ought to be, just really doesnt make sense and doesnt help the game.  The game shouldnt always be ajusted because someone cant win a duel against another person, clerics can heal themselves..so if it is a good one the only way you'll win is to round it it really doesnt make sense to be able to use a "stam trick" to do so, seeing as it is called a trick everyone already acknowledged it was a bug.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 07/27/03 at 00:01:54 »
Quote Quote

Put it back!
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 07/27/03 at 04:32:20 »
Quote Quote

Yes put it back please. So one on one duels actually require "some" skill.
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Payne

ïMmÓrtÅ£ ®ôß

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 07/27/03 at 09:02:38 »
Quote Quote

PUT IT BACK!!!
IP Logged

Page/Memo Astinus,Payne,Apocalypse in game

http://www.geocities.com/baby10884/Watch.jpg
-=ToM=-
United_Kingdom 

Take a Walk

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 07/27/03 at 10:07:58 »
Quote Quote

glad you all agree Cheesy, i mean i used to be able to kick me m8s pally but now, =P its a bloody joke yeah put it back in jlh.
IP Logged

Lyetor/Delirius/Existenz/Centurion ingame
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 08/06/03 at 08:13:17 »
Quote Quote

its just annoying how it is now, i dont really care about the stam trick and how much i die from it, this is just rediculous
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 08/07/03 at 00:11:01 »
Quote Quote

yea it sooo d**n annoying.... you're in the desert, just you, your alts and three sand spiders. You use four stam to heal your party, and seven seconds later you realise your cleric is one bite away from the reaper. do you... 1)heal now and hope the spiders dont attack the same crit 3 times as u have to wait another 10 secs to get some stam back, or 2) wait a coupla secs hoping u dont get hit...

As for pvp, i always say that if someone manages to time it so well that they get 7 arrows in my crit before i can heal, they deserve the kill
IP Logged
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 08/07/03 at 10:36:51 »
Quote Quote

Put it back so that you actually have an advantage in being 'skilled'. Or else, create a Bot that we can download and have them play for us.
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 08/07/03 at 20:45:56 »
Quote Quote

So its settled...
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 08/07/03 at 22:03:42 »
Quote Quote

I don't think stam should be the same as it was, but ya healing lower lvls in the desert is a bish now cause you've got to keep them full health and you never get stam back...it ought to be 10 seconds from when you could gain the stam, like if you're at 4 stam heal 3 times and then 7 seconds later heal again....why dont you get the 3 stam back at 10 seconds?
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 08/07/03 at 22:57:32 »
Quote Quote

I have not read all of the other posts. But you can still 'stam trick' someone. Hit them once, wait until your stam is about to regen and start attacking. The stam regen is better how it is, before, the server regened everyones stam at the same time, now it depends on when the person attacks.
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Ashton
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 08/08/03 at 02:43:53 »
Quote Quote

on 08/07/03 at 22:57:32, Matt wrote:
I have not read all of the other posts. But you can still 'stam trick' someone. Hit them once, wait until your stam is about to regen and start attacking. The stam regen is better how it is, before, the server regened everyones stam at the same time, now it depends on when the person attacks.

unfortunately no, now every time you use a stam, it resets to 10 seconds again, so if you wait 9 seconds, use your last stam, you just reset yourself into more waiting and possibly screwed yourself, this really sucks with healers because often you don't use all their stam
IP Logged
Nightmist Legend

Email

« Reply #18 on: 08/08/03 at 14:46:21 »
Quote Quote

Nah there is a new stam trick, i learnt how to use it not many others did. Just try different combinations.  

~~Rich
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.