Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - /Party Claim »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 17:54:51

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   /Party Claim
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: /Party Claim  (Read 337 times)
Pile

Email

/Party Claim
« on: 05/26/03 at 21:28:13 »
Quote Quote

/Party claim was a great addition but I think the original leader should be demoted to a member, instead of completely removed.

Just a thought Grin.

EDIT: Opps thems typos Wink..
« Last Edit: 05/26/03 at 22:00:21 by Bullitt » IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

Re: /Party Claim
« Reply #1 on: 05/26/03 at 21:41:29 »
Quote Quote

never noticed original leader got removed but yeah this should be put in Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 05/27/03 at 03:03:32 »
Quote Quote

the only way that party claim works is if the leader is not there, so how can he be made a member.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Pile

Email

« Reply #3 on: 05/27/03 at 03:40:18 »
Quote Quote

The way I was looking at is that this it is normally used when the leader has inadvertently strayed, in most cases through death. I just thought that since a normal crit is still a member of the party when moved away from the leader, that the previous leader should still be a member when the party is claimed. I mean the leader is still in the party until the command is actually typed. But yeah, I can see that its sort of twisted logic so I’ll just forget about it now lol.
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 05/27/03 at 16:43:52 »
Quote Quote

I know what u mean, if your alt dies and you claim with another alt, when you go back for your dead person you have to reinvite and then reappoint them.

However /party claim has saved me about 50 deaths so far and is one of the best new features in the game, so I cant complain...
IP Logged
Ashton
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 06/03/03 at 03:52:49 »
Quote Quote

yes but then what about when you split the party, say a party of 8 into two of 4, which has happened to me, what would it cause in that situation?
IP Logged
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 06/03/03 at 04:46:57 »
Quote Quote

if 4 on each square, then the one with the leader in it would be left alone, and the other sqr, someone would be able to '/party claim' to control the party.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 06/03/03 at 16:30:31 »
Quote Quote

You can try and find out a way of when the leader leaves the square with the rest of the party the /party claim can work or when leader dies his leadership is taken away

or when leader dies or leader is in taver /party claim can work  
ie whn he dies he goes to tavern/pub making it able to claim
IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
Ashton
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 06/05/03 at 04:26:14 »
Quote Quote

I think it's fine the way it is and everyone should stop whining about reinviting one crit, I don't know if you remember or just don't feel like using your head, but before this you had to reinvite the entire party in order to move. leave it be
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #9 on: 06/06/03 at 01:20:20 »
Quote Quote

I was not whining about re-inviting one crit. I complemented the implementation of the /party claim feature but started this topic because I felt that the removal of the original leader was not so much an intended outcome, but simply the way in which the command was set up to work. I misinterpreted this as a problem with the command and posted here to see if it was a mutual feeling. Clearly I was wrong and you have my full apologies for not ‘using my head’.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.