Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Ok asking staff »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 18:50:59

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Ok asking staff
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ok asking staff  (Read 1436 times)
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

Re: Ok asking staff
« Reply #20 on: 05/14/03 at 04:21:37 »
Quote Quote

I support it!  Down with terrorism!  Anyway...you'll be seeing a selection of 'footwear' in my upcoming area.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #21 on: 05/14/03 at 04:30:46 »
Quote Quote

will it be un-modified footwear? or will different armors and mods be added?
IP Logged
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 05/14/03 at 15:24:25 »
Quote Quote

on 05/10/03 at 00:42:37, Lady_Maha wrote:

legendary Scandinavian warriors

Hah! I told you that we're the greatest!
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 05/15/03 at 05:59:52 »
Quote Quote

To the staff who supported it sorry read your posts but totally forgot that jen uses a different name on here...Laffs... Aidon stotic and everyone else thanks. The foot wear would be great but i would love just a shirt and a pair of pants...laffs
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 05/15/03 at 09:39:44 »
Quote Quote

uh....huh  Huh Huh Huh
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Lich
Germany 

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 05/15/03 at 09:45:59 »
Quote Quote

Zephie dont take that the wrong way.. chuckles... I just got it in my head for some reason that you used Kalypso on here to Im sorry. Gives you puppy dog eyes you forgive me.
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
Kenny_McCormak

Email

« Reply #26 on: 05/18/03 at 06:31:34 »
Quote Quote

does that mean pandilex was vetoed? Lips Sealed
IP Logged
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #27 on: 05/18/03 at 10:05:46 »
Quote Quote

Seen as everyone else has said something I supose I'll give my opinion. Didn't Barberians/Berserkers of the past used to wear like tight little mini skirts and sometimes a tattly ripped up leather top. I had the impression they would have just some leathery clothes.

I don't think any of the other classes should have them but just a shreaded leather vest or leather underwear would be ok for Berserkers. No armor given.

This is just how personally I would think it work be best.
IP Logged
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #28 on: 05/18/03 at 10:10:39 »
Quote Quote

Reading onto the next thread down Pandilex explained a bit better what Berserkers are:
Quote:
Pandilex: The class is not based on barbarians, it is based on berserkers. From history we know these were fighters who were virtually unstoppable, and fought on even with the most horrific of injuries. This is why berserkers have many many hit points. Berserkers also wore no clothing at all to intimidate their opponents and scare them senseless.

After seeing that, I would sugest scrap the clothes idea all together and ignore my above post sorry.
IP Logged
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 05/18/03 at 12:43:38 »
Quote Quote

The only problem is that the "Berserkers also wore no clothing at all to intimidate their opponents and scare them senseless. " part is just pure false - as both me and Lich explained in the same topic, I guess you didn't feel like reading that part.

But oh well, I don't care. You can have the berserkers just as you wish, but for god's sake - don't claim that you're following the 'history book'.

IP Logged

Fair enough.
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #30 on: 05/18/03 at 14:43:43 »
Quote Quote

~Lady_Maha nods her head in agreement with Insomnia~

I pointed that out several times on another thread too, but it seems Pandi's history book is more correct than any of ours. Call your teachers and historians and revise all books and your native language.  Wink
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #31 on: 05/19/03 at 23:46:49 »
Quote Quote

on 05/18/03 at 14:43:43, Lady_Maha wrote:
but it seems Pandi's history book is more correct than any of ours

I don't want to sound rude. But why does it matter??
IP Logged
Lich
Germany 

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 05/20/03 at 00:47:46 »
Quote Quote

When I first started this I started it with the Intent of making the Game Just a tad bit more realistic. Meaning That if you have a Character Class Named Fighter you would have a Vast selection of Armor for it. If you have one named Druid you have spells That could be cast that would have to do with Nature, and so on and so on. We have all that But what we dont have is Clothing made of some Animal skin Such as a deer, A bear, or a wolf, that the beserker could wear that would make that class more realistic to what it was in either myth,legend or real life.

Now had I come on here and been told by staff that it was being worked on. I would have let it stay right there and left it at that... But instead what I got was they do not have clothing because HISTORY tells us they were naked.... shaking his head... This is both untrue and insulting to me because this is in a way part of my History.. Others have posted proof after proof showing that this was false but repeatetly are ignored.

Some may say well maybe its takes to long to program. it doesn't It takes at most 15 to 20 minutes. If you only put it for sale in one shop. The coding of the clothing doesn't take long at all. At first it wasn't to important it was just something I would have liked to have in the game and Posted here after I talked to JLH and asked how hard it would be and he said not hard at all, and told me to post on the forum to see how many people were for this.

The answer has been alot encluding staff. The clothes I asked for Did not affect armor. did not Affect anything else in game play except what you see when you look at someone.
Now to answer JLH The responce that was recieved over the clothing was all for it. Except for a few who didnt understand it nessary and one who really needs to go back to School and restudy history. (Yes PANDILEX I MEAN YOU)  

To answer the Question why is this important. It wasnt untill the words THATS THE WAY THEY WERE IN HISTORY. Came out someone's mouth that should have never said it. It has become Insulting to me because this is my history. The history of my people. To come on a board and repeatly say I know your people's history better than you do I speak your language better than you is an insult. so what was before something I would like to see is now something that is that is insulting to me and should be to anyone else in this game who has a Noris history. who went to college and learned the history of their people and all those who live in the Area of Norway and Swedan because By his own words this is your history he is Mutilating.
IP Logged

Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 05/20/03 at 16:35:50 »
Quote Quote

That's right, and the clothes aren't supposed to be super hard boss drops. T-shirts, boxers and other stuffs are found in stores, not dropped by giant wurms far out in the desert or huge spiders down in dark and deep caves. Therefore, it's extremely easy to add them.
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Jono

Email

« Reply #34 on: 05/26/03 at 05:01:36 »
Quote Quote

Being naked all the time sux... having clothes would be ok i guesse
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.