Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Mana Leech »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/02/24 at 06:57:45

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Mana Leech
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mana Leech  (Read 689 times)
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

Mana Leech
« on: 03/29/03 at 00:04:07 »
Quote Quote

Currently, weapons with mana leech don't work on monsters. This does not make sense in some cases. Some monsters can cast spells on themselves, but if you attack it with a weapon with mana leech, you get no mana from it. For example, a sentry spider: A Sentry Spider cast a spell on itself. Seeing as it takes mana to cast spells, it would make sense to get mana from hitting monsters that cast spells.
IP Logged

heh
Tender_Foot

Email

Re: Mana Leech
« Reply #1 on: 03/29/03 at 00:16:40 »
Quote Quote

i never realised this. it might be a bit hard to re-code into the game
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 03/29/03 at 10:16:32 »
Quote Quote

monsters have mana like elshira has 35 and it needs 5 mana to cast a spider. captain wylsen used to run out of mana after a while so he couldn't heal no more Smiley
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 03/29/03 at 13:28:35 »
Quote Quote

lmao
IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 03/29/03 at 19:15:44 »
Quote Quote

I like this idea.. you could easily be trying to heal/attack a monster.. run out out mana in the process.. while someone could come by and grab the kill. Easier than running back and grabbing more mana.
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 03/29/03 at 23:30:57 »
Quote Quote

I didn't really post it so it would get put in to train easier, it just didn't make any sense. But I guess it would allow you to train easier.
IP Logged

heh
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #6 on: 03/30/03 at 04:16:35 »
Quote Quote

on 03/29/03 at 10:16:32, wonderful_nightmare wrote:
monsters have mana like elshira has 35 and it needs 5 mana to cast a spider. captain wylsen used to run out of mana after a while so he couldn't heal no more Smiley

yeeeeah, you believe that if you want to...
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 03/30/03 at 11:54:50 »
Quote Quote

gah that's what i got told :d don't remember who told it to me but sounded like it was true and when i fought captain wylsen after a while he would heal alot less............. so i figured it was true Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Blast

Email

« Reply #8 on: 04/05/03 at 15:21:04 »
Quote Quote

i dunno any mana leech weapons could anyone tell me what mana leech weapons are there?
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #9 on: 04/05/03 at 15:28:03 »
Quote Quote

Hawk Talon - druid only, and d**n good fun if you ask me.
IP Logged
ICP

Would you like a Smook and a Pancake?

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 04/11/03 at 10:28:56 »
Quote Quote

my lv 30 Cleric got hit with a mana leach weapon and with 318 mana 98/87 etc was taken off my mana. if you where to hit the Sk or ne other monster/boss with mana it would prob just max your mana out and this making training/killing bosses real easy unless JLH comes out with a mana lock on monsters  *shrug*
IP Logged

My profile my words... NM BLOWS
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #11 on: 04/11/03 at 14:58:39 »
Quote Quote

thats why i said it might be hard to code into the game
IP Logged
ICP

Would you like a Smook and a Pancake?

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 04/17/03 at 08:41:49 »
Quote Quote

if you ask me i think it leaches to much mana i mean cmon 90 mana thats a heack of a lot or maybe is soposed to be high . Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

My profile my words... NM BLOWS
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 04/17/03 at 20:19:28 »
Quote Quote

I still think Vamparic and mana leech should work the same way... When someone attacks with a spider staff and inflicts 4 damage, the target doesn't get 5 damage...

But anyway, it's too much mana leeched.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Jono

Email

« Reply #14 on: 05/26/03 at 05:37:32 »
Quote Quote

Welll who couldnt agree wit newb... i totally agree with this idea
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 06/28/03 at 08:56:31 »
Quote Quote

Some clannies were talking about this today or yesterday.  I was wondering if any current staff had considered it.  It does make sense for that to work, and would make bosses such as the Atrium Monarch and Captain Wylsen killable with a normal 1 person boss party (i use 6, it took us 12 to get it in slight w/o enhance or RF, not sure if we managed to get it mod at all, but we were no where near killing it..with 12 high lvl crits)
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 06/28/03 at 09:59:32 »
Quote Quote

some of these bosses weren't mean to be killed with a '1 person boss party'..
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 06/28/03 at 13:03:11 »
Quote Quote

Some people cant get a huge party of 27 rangers, thats why the CG took Remix, Eiements, and I (archie with 1 alt when it got mod), about 2 hours to kill the dumb CG.  I think that there should be some kind of way that the bosses that heal can be defeated, just taking more time, same as the CG and other bosses, even if you're not the strongest party in the game you should still be able to take out some bosses.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 06/28/03 at 18:05:32 »
Quote Quote

A boss is a boss. They are not supposed to be easy. Although it would be nice for them to be able to be killed fairly fast, but have a VERY low drop rate.

However, then you'd complain that you've killed it 100 times and never got a crystal ring. So it's a no win situation for the staff.
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 06/29/03 at 03:01:39 »
Quote Quote

I said i dont mind the crystal giant cause all he takes it is time, my problem was there these bosses are plain and simple not able to be killed.  They heal themselves for more damage than a party can do unless it is a frikin large party, which just kind of takes away from the idea of being able to kill it, unless you can organize a clan trip...which isnt usually very easy to do because not everyone's clan gets on 5 members who have a set of 3-7 crits that they will log on and hit a boss with you.  The autrium monarch is reasonable since ive got a friend and we hit it as a group of 2 using enhance and RF we can take it out with our party of 12 or so crits, but it usually is really kind of hard to do it that way, and i couldnt see how mana leeach would hurt the bosses HP cause both of them still have reasonable hp, i just dont understand why there are bosses that only Tevlok (as ive talked to him in game and when he hits the captain with his group of zerkers and some stuff enhanced and RF he can take it out, but it took him a little under an hour i remember right) or a large clan can take out, obviously im not saying that all bosses should be new player killable due to the fact that mana leeaching them would require a high lvl druid to use the hawk talon, it'd just make it more fun, cause then i could train in the desert, and go hit the captain every once in a while, but at this current style there's no way for me to kill the captain w/o atleast 4 members of the clan bringing 4 or more high lvl crits avg.
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.