Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - PK spells »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 11:05:21

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   PK spells
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: PK spells  (Read 507 times)
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

PK spells
« on: 03/12/03 at 20:29:27 »
Quote Quote

As far as I know, there aren't many in the game, maybe 2 max. But they are really significant. Abilities/spells should not be based on killing people. Vines were originally created to trap a player which was a potential threat allowing the druid to run from harm. In game reality, the only purpose they serve is to trap mass amounts of people and kill them. The druids can't even move off the square if i'm not mistaken. Abilities/spells should be things that help you train or give you unique powers. I have no problem with people using their spells/abilities to pk, for example assassinate or beam or berzerk, those kind of things. I think it would benefit Nightmist if spells that are PK oriented to be removed from the game.
IP Logged

heh
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

Re: PK spells
« Reply #1 on: 03/12/03 at 21:20:58 »
Quote Quote

...or edited so they also affect monsters. I was very annoyed to find that Wrath of Gods was only useful if you wanted to kill another player.

Guess I'll keep wacking away at the beasties with my glorified pointy stick.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #2 on: 03/13/03 at 02:31:11 »
Quote Quote

on 03/12/03 at 21:20:58, Valentine wrote:
...or edited so they also affect monsters. I was very annoyed to find that Wrath of Gods was only useful if you wanted to kill another player.

Guess I'll keep wacking away at the beasties with my glorified pointy stick.

Your not alone, When all my crits were stolen, I lvl'ed a cleric from 1 to 20 in one night, took me 13 hours of straight lvl'ing, to find out it was a pk spell only.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 03/17/03 at 09:47:19 »
Quote Quote

i agree with this and i suggest you jsut make some spells like grasping vines where it makes it so that a person cought in grasping vines can not be attacked and that other players except the person cought in it can leave the squre Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 03/17/03 at 13:19:26 »
Quote Quote

on 03/17/03 at 09:47:19, wonderful_nightmare wrote:
i agree with this and i suggest you jsut make some spells like grasping vines where it makes it so that a person cought in grasping vines can not be attacked and that other players except the person cought in it can leave the squre Cheesy

makes sense to me..... how you gonna attack someone whos covered in vines? ... well besides poking at em with a stick.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 03/17/03 at 14:40:37 »
Quote Quote

yeah that was what i was thinking too but some ppl would really complain cuz it's a pain to lvl a druid till they can buy vines :d and 90% of the ppl that trained druids before they were changed was because they wanted vines to pk ppl Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 03/19/03 at 14:38:19 »
Quote Quote

How about Vines being cast to trap a player or monster. The target can only attack the Vines, and vice-versa. Max per square is two vines. Vines may be treated as magic, and only the trapped player may attack them.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Crusher2

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 03/19/03 at 15:37:52 »
Quote Quote

When a change is made to a game like this, there are two responses. You can either complain loudly, or you can accept the changes and build your new strategy around the change.

Complaining loudly is frowned upon. This leaves us with accepting the changes and restructuring your strategy.

That sounds fair, but what about all the work that goes into reshaping your strategy to deal with the changes? The next thing you know the changes are eliminated, or changed so radically that the strategy you just worked so hard to employ becomes useless.

"the gods of nightmist" would do well to remember that while the users don't have actual power to shape the game, if you frustrate players, they will eventually leave. Hmmm. maybe that's the intent.
IP Logged

Phos Kai Dzoe
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.