Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Training/Earning Gold »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 19:12:35

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Help Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Training/Earning Gold
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Training/Earning Gold  (Read 744 times)
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

Training/Earning Gold
« on: 02/14/03 at 07:10:58 »
Quote Quote

I originally posted this under the "new idea" topic in the discussion forum, but i consider it very helpful information so im gonna copy it here to so more will see it, as the post wont be lost among others....

Since Draco Honoris is about sharing information, let me share some of it for them. I don't mind helping other players improving their game.  

SDG-When killed in most traps inside, the gold is put into treasure chest hidden inside the guild...considering the number of players, few know this and are able to capatalize on it.  

Swamps-There are numerous places where you cannot proceed without first killing the monsters. Because only lower lvl crits can train here, they sometimes run out of pots/crystals and cannot make it all the way out, or get stuck at the hydra, or other places where you cannot move throug without killing first not able to kill it off, losing all their gold. Along comes Draco to pick it up for them. And as the majority of them are thieves-stealing gold in this area is quite easy.  

Necro Tower-Although I have only ventured through here a few times, I do believe there are places such as in the swamps where you cannot proceed without first killing monsters. Same thing. Think of it as the desert, crits die all the time running through and the gold stays on the spiders until someone kills it. Newbs train, run out of pots and crystals, and die before they can make it back, or fight monsters that are too hard for them and die. Just make frequent patrols through the areas and youll see what I mean.  

Rose Gardens-Not as heavily used as before. Gold can be made very quickly here, and with less people training here, people stay longer, accumilating more gold. Along comes a thief to relieve you of it, and they give you a big thank you for spending an hour of training to donate the gold to their building fund.  

If you keep an eye out(covert thief) in areas, you can see who goes in and out of places. Give them some time to train and then maybe go pay a visit...  

Just a few tips, hope they help.
« Last Edit: 02/14/03 at 07:28:21 by Cupcake » IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

Re: Training/Earning Gold
« Reply #1 on: 02/14/03 at 15:39:32 »
Quote Quote

I don't see what any of this has to do with DH, but it is very generous of you to post this info for the general public - may help some.

And yes - as I posted several times on the forum (always gets buried within a week - Rel-thon, of the Scarlet Daggers Thieves Guild, cleans out the traps and put all treasure found in his Treasure Room (not treasure chests).  How often this happens is very random, and the amount of treasure varies considerably.
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/17/03 at 05:02:02 »
Quote Quote

draco honoris is a very honorable clan, i wouldn't say the capatalize on any of this. and if newb are walking around swamps and necro tower, they wont have much gold, and arent going to get that far, trust me
IP Logged
walt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/17/03 at 06:41:59 »
Quote Quote

I think Sugah meant no disrespect towards D.H. as not everyone is out to bash them  Tongue. He was just stating some of the ways they might go about earning gold, since they are a high level clan with mid to moderate level crits.

Another place to make decent amounts of gold is the sewers, if you can avoid the pkers. Just running from nighmist City to Blackthorn, you can accumulate well over 5k in gold, and it takes a little less then 5 minutes time if you have even 2 mid level fighters with you. So lets say you do a round trip, maybe using 1 advanced healing potion at max if no confrontation happens. That would be about 9k you could bank in little time, with little cost. killing rats and leaches isn't glorified work, but they can still help pay the bills

The orc caves, although rampent with pkers at times, is also a great place to go with a few crits, and you can make a small killing if one of those crits is a healer.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/17/03 at 07:00:26 »
Quote Quote

on 02/14/03 at 07:10:58, sugah wrote:

Rose Gardens-Not as heavily used as before. Gold can be made very quickly here, and with less people training here, people stay longer, accumilating more gold. Along comes a thief to relieve you of it, and they give you a big thank you for spending an hour of training to donate the gold to their building fund.  

seems to me like sugah is saying the steal from players to me
IP Logged
walt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/17/03 at 14:41:22 »
Quote Quote

He stated D.H. is about sharing, and it rubbed off on him. Plain and simple, he wanted to share his vast knowledge of in game experience with others. Hence D.H. may have rubbed off on him. And so what if he goes around stealing from others, thieves do that. I have never met an honerable thief in life, and I have known many from my upbringing. Take a god darn compliment at face value. D.H., an honerable clan, has rubbed of on a calous, cold hearted, very unjust player like John, and if that can happen, there is hope for the world.

**Hugs John, then smacks him on his ass** Shocked
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/18/03 at 01:47:21 »
Quote Quote

i wouldnt mind hearing that from sin
IP Logged
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/19/03 at 19:53:03 »
Quote Quote

Just to clerify, I did not mean that these are the ways that only DH gets gold/trains. These are TIPS to be used by all players.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.