Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Expansion on the Gadster - Countering »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 07:49:09

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Fighter Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Expansion on the Gadster - Countering
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Expansion on the Gadster - Countering  (Read 1010 times)
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

Expansion on the Gadster - Countering
« on: 02/15/04 at 23:14:17 »
Quote Quote

On another thread, that I believe was due some attention:

on 02/14/04 at 16:44:36, Everlast wrote:
give them counter on physical attacks. Not all physical attacks ofcourse, just those involving open close in physical attacks, as in not covert assassinates or bow attacks.  
 Allowing them to counter some monsters attacks without having to use stam would also be an idea.

Fair call, this could work. Counter could be introduced, where for every attack (NOTE: Attack, not skill), there is a chance that the attack is countered. Working the same way that an attacked is dodged, absorbed, fizzles etc etc. The counter would only do 1/4 of what would have been the opponents initial damage, and ignores armour. Ideally, the chance to counter would be influenced by the characters dexterity, thus mixing up fighter worth amongst the races.

E.G:
A full hit would read as follows:
Deval attacked you with his 'Blade of Time' for 60 points of damage.

An attack that is countered would read as follows:
Deval attacked you with his 'Blade of Time', but you countered the blow for 15 points of damage.

15 being 1/4 of 60, it's not a massive amount of damage, but the chance to counter would help to push fighters up out of the 'Retarded Basket'.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

Re: Expansion on the Gadster - Countering
« Reply #1 on: 02/16/04 at 11:58:51 »
Quote Quote

I like the idea.. But only normal attacks? What about uncovert assassinate? The fighter will see and hear the person coming, and so give himself a chance to counter.

What's berserk counted as? Smite? All mage spells, druids attacking from morph..? They're all skills, but may be done at close range.

Each attack type should be decided, rather than overall.

Didn't mean to sound that badly.. Tired.. Got dragged put of bed this morning Tongue I love the idea.
IP Logged

Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/16/04 at 21:54:41 »
Quote Quote

on 02/16/04 at 11:58:51, alone wrote:
I like the idea.. But only normal attacks? What about uncovert assassinate? The fighter will see and hear the person coming, and so give himself a chance to counter.

What's berserk counted as? Smite? All mage spells, druids attacking from morph..? They're all skills, but may be done at close range.

Each attack type should be decided, rather than overall.

Didn't mean to sound that badly.. Tired.. Got dragged put of bed this morning Tongue I love the idea.

In my opinion, assassinate should not be included, 1/4 of an assassinate is too much damage to the thief for it to be considered, and including the round of damage that the fighter will actually do normally, I can imagine it would cause an assassin serious amount of grief, and overbalance the fighter versus the theif. I also feel this way about smite, however, it should apply to beserk and rapid fire, as they are simply an extremely fast series of attacks, with each attack doing only reasonable amounts of damage. A druid attacking from Morph is fine, it's still a regular attack, whereas mages actually do not engage in close range combat, and I feel that the counter should not apply to offensive spells cast on the fighter by said mage.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Fusion
USA 

None   ElDiAbLo142@aol.com
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/19/04 at 02:06:52 »
Quote Quote

I like it, even though I dont have any fighters anymore. Might make me wanna train one up.
IP Logged

Oasis, Imagine, Fusion ingame. And more.
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/22/04 at 20:31:21 »
Quote Quote

I agree with this except one thing. You seem to have forgotten that the ranger would be using rapid fire from a long way away. How do you intend to count that? Pull out the arrow and throw it back? Wink
IP Logged
Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/24/04 at 19:49:12 »
Quote Quote

on 02/22/04 at 20:31:21, Detheroc wrote:
I agree with this except one thing. You seem to have forgotten that the ranger would be using rapid fire from a long way away. How do you intend to count that? Pull out the arrow and throw it back? Wink

who said it would counter rangers  Huh
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/25/04 at 00:26:58 »
Quote Quote

[quote author=Deval link=board=Fighters;num=1076886857;start=0#2 date=02/16/04 at 21:54:41]
it should apply to beserk and rapid fire, as they are simply an extremely fast series of attacksquote]

^^;;

Ok ok, have it not effect Rapid Fire either then Undecided
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.