Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Fighter Class Discussion »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/24/24 at 01:30:13

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Fighter Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Fighter Class Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fighter Class Discussion  (Read 3822 times)
Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

Re: Fighter Class Discussion
« Reply #20 on: 11/30/03 at 14:29:42 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Rose Blade:
Base damage: 25, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: This incredible sword is made entirely of intertwined roses. Its handle is a spiral of rose stems covered in thorns and leaves., Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Library info for Justice Blade:
Base damage: 24, Can be used by: paladins, Description: The justice blade is a member of the long sword family of blades wielded throughout the realms, and happens to be the finest made blade of its type. Former paladins who have long since withdrawn from their battle-ridden past painstakingly forge this weapon. Due to its fine edge it is incredibly dangerous, therefore its creators are sworn to spellbind this weapon from the use of anyone but their paladin brethren., Level needed to equip it: 23, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

So two lvls before the roseblade three lvls after the hally you can equip a weapon with one less BD and this still makes sence.

Also  

Library info for Blade of Time:
Base damage: 29, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: You can tell right away that the blade is hand crafted from the finest of all metals. The blade can inflict large amounts of damage due to its very jagged structure. The handle is pure gold with shaped indentions to improve grip. There is a translucent orb at the base grasped by a claw., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

They can also use a blade of time so the rose blade is not the best weapon for the pally so what i said still makes more sence than what the game has. So again see my first post as to what i think needs to be done to improve a fighter. and leave out the pallys since they are not on this topic thank you.
« Last Edit: 12/01/03 at 21:00:25 by Lich » IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: 11/30/03 at 15:03:16 »
Quote Quote

I know the base stats on most weapons, thank you.

What i said is still true. I personally see no point in changing the RB's stats. From level 25 - 30 it's the best weapon, and at 30 it's still the best weapon, for those who can't afford a BoT, which is quite alot of people.
IP Logged

Lich
Germany 

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 12/01/03 at 16:21:54 »
Quote Quote

Ok explain how from lvl 25 to 30 it is the best weapon when i get a weapon with the same stats at lvl 20 the halberd. If you mean for paladins we are not discussing then we are discussing what it would take to make fighters equal with them.
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 12/01/03 at 16:41:56 »
Quote Quote

Actually, you started talking about Paladins first, not Alone. Hes just replying to your posts.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Lich
Germany 

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 12/01/03 at 20:58:54 »
Quote Quote

No actually i didn't i stated make the rose blades damage a bit more it makes no sence to have a weapon that you cant equip untill 5 lvls later be the same as the hally this would give a fighter a weapon they could equip that will do more damage. My reasoning for this is no mater what race you have as a pally raising the BD would make no difference for them because they will always hit for less than any decent half elf or dwarf fighter with decent stats.

but i never mentioned the pally because anyone who Roleplays and pays attention to the way most game systems are set up would understand that including this one. But right under my post ohhh there is his first saying dont touch the rose blade as it is the best weapon for a pally when in fact it is not. There is also one other weapon in the game for them i just cant remember what it is off the top of my head. So read who said what before you say someone said something they didnt. thank you
IP Logged

Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 12/02/03 at 00:06:14 »
Quote Quote

First off, who cares what other games are set up like. Second of all, I see plenty of Fighters with RBs just because they are more rare. RB is primarily a Paladin weapon, and their best (within reason). But it's a blade so Fighters can use it too.

On to fighters...
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 12/02/03 at 10:20:12 »
Quote Quote

Paladins best weapon isn't a RB true, but its the weapon that is most used because its the best most people can afford. If you go and improve the damage of the RB to fit in with fighters, then all your doing is making paladins even more powerful. If you want an improved weapons for fighters, suggest a new one.
IP Logged

Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 12/03/03 at 01:30:24 »
Quote Quote

/t FIGHTERS. not pallys.... stop talking about pallys...
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 12/03/03 at 10:52:59 »
Quote Quote

I am talking about fighters.. just im talking about paladins aswell Tongue
IP Logged

Lich
Germany 

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 12/04/03 at 14:14:15 »
Quote Quote

Hey meph I have an idea for a weapon but im not sure if to put it in here or not. What do you think.
IP Logged

Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 12/05/03 at 00:12:13 »
Quote Quote

I think Fighters should do more then 6 out of 6 stam they get absorb/miss/blocked
IP Logged
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 12/05/03 at 15:46:39 »
Quote Quote

on 12/04/03 at 14:14:15, Lich wrote:
Hey meph I have an idea for a weapon but im not sure if to put it in here or not. What do you think.

lol well, it isn't really up to me.. but either here (under a new topic though) or the Alt. boss drop section. Depends where they'd get it from I guess.
IP Logged

alicia

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 12/07/03 at 03:16:04 »
Quote Quote

)- keep zerkers/fighters at 6 stam but either:

reduce zerkers stam regen to 3, or
increace fighters stam regen to 5

)- allow fighters to protect weaker crits in party

)- give fighters aggressive/defensive stances, as described above

)- more variety of weapons, -dex +base  and +dex -base over hally 25+ weapons, as both purchase and boss drop
IP Logged
Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 12/07/03 at 16:54:16 »
Quote Quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree
IP Logged
VorsePally
USA 

¶ÌFÉ WΣ£ ÊÑÐ 1 ÐÂY ØR ÃÑÕTHËR

View Profile Email

« Reply #34 on: 12/15/03 at 00:51:18 »
Quote Quote

with hallys and bows and such you shouldn't be able to use sheilds to even it out some and bring up the damage of those weapons and some with -dex
IP Logged

I'm Blade_From_Hell Zerker_Man That_Wierd snails are my main crits in the game
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: 12/24/03 at 00:33:11 »
Quote Quote

That suggestion came up before but then later proved wrong when someone came up with a photo of some guy (in real life) weilding a hally with a shield.
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
Ringleader

Email

« Reply #36 on: 12/27/03 at 09:55:42 »
Quote Quote

I think giving them skills that help party members instead of simply making them hit differently and be hit differenly would be nice.

Such as my idea for them being able to get spells off members of their party like greater pact so that their members can attack again.

Possibly give them an ability that makes them share 1/2 damage delt to a party member cause they're taking some of the blow for that party member.

Give them some nifty stuff instead of making them just another class that hacks at nuts because they shouldn't have a 1 click and w/o that they will not be used to PK too soon unless they enhance the party in other ways than dealing damage...thats in my opinion of course.
IP Logged
Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 12/27/03 at 15:36:37 »
Quote Quote

think it was suggested before but have some kind of stances

like defenseive stance  (would lower chance for other peeps to hit you

offenseive stance (would raise damage you do by 2-3 points

etc

of course they could only have one on at a time
IP Logged
Rosemary
Australia 

Rا€MÅR¥

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 01/09/04 at 12:42:35 »
Quote Quote

Suggestions on extra stuff for a fighter:

Guard/protect- will take most of or all of damage dealt to a player

(was suggested because fighters are usually the 1st person in any fights that would be to attack and would therefor be in front of others protecting them)

War Cry- Increases the str of party members by say 2

(A war cry was suggested because like ringleader said, there should be some party advantages to a fighter)

Call for retreat- increases party dex by say 5 and lowers str by 5 so you have more chance to get away from an ambush of pks

(This was suggested mainly because of the same reason of a War Cry)

stances- most have already been said so i wont go into it

also, i think before someone said this, a fighters stamina should increase maybe to 7 and have 5 recover. The hp is a big problem to my fighters too. I think that hp should be increased by 2 or 3, just enough to allow them to have good hp for defensive reasons and will hopefully make it harder for zerkers to kill.

Another thing which was brought up was the double weapons. I'm not totaly with it, but it would be nice to have a bit more damage in fighting other opponents especially zerkers.

If a new weapon was introduced why not just make a new one that could only be equiped by a fighter at lvl 25, and example of this is:

Warrior's blade
Base damage: 27, Can be used by: fighters, Description: This incredible sword is made of the finest steel man can buy and was enchanted by the gods to give strength and wisdom to those who bore it., Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: yes, Vamparic: 0.2, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: +2, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: -2, Constitution modifier: +1, Wisdom modifier: +1, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

that way you have a weapon only a fighter may use to his own advantage.

and same with armour, make a new set that can only be equiped by fighters for example:
Large Steel Chest
Large Steel Helmet
Large Steel Shield

NOTE:  all numbers and names were used as an example
IP Logged
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #39 on: 01/19/04 at 16:48:28 »
Quote Quote

i dnt think anything should add 5 dex its too much also 2 str im not sure about. What lvl would u be able to use these at?
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.