Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Fighter skills *No one clickers* »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/24 at 16:19:39

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Fighter Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Fighter skills *No one clickers*
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fighter skills *No one clickers*  (Read 2574 times)
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

Fighter skills *No one clickers*
« on: 09/07/03 at 02:13:58 »
Quote Quote

Well, Often when I read the fighter forum I see that people really think that they should get some skills/abilities that would give them certain advantages in battle.  

Now the problem that has been going through is people want a way to kill someone in on click, or even one round. From what I've seen the majority of the players agree this would unbalance fighters to a certain degree. So I've been thinking of some certain skills a fighter could get to give a slight, but not overpowering edge in battle. I hope these have done that.

Accuracy skills:
For these skills I was thinking Your fighter would take on a certain persona/stances for the battle. So take that into account when you read these. They may be confusing.

Tactician-lvl 3- With this persona the fighter will be more focused on the weak points of said monster/player. Effectively increasing attack *damage by 5-10% But Reducing
overall blocking average by a certain amount *Say 3-5%*

*Damage as in damage dealt, not base damage of weapon.

Defensive-lvl 3- When in this stance a fighter will be much less Succeptable(Sp?) to damage from a monster. This stance Could either increase overall blocking by 7-10%, OR reduce overall damage by 10-15%.

Traditional-lvl 3 *But of course this is the default until lvl 3 where other persona/stances are available*- With this stance/persona the fighter will act as any other well trained fighter would act. No bonuses are given with this stance/person, As well as no negations.

Now With the above skills You would be able to use only  ONE chosen stance/persona at any one given time. Also Once you have switched to a different stance/persona you must wait a total of 3-5 minutes to change stance *To prevent people changing from tact for the attack bonus then immediatly changing back to defensive for def bonus*

Weapon skills:

Concentrated attack *Any suggestions for a more original name are welcome*- lvl 5- When a fighter uses this special attack he carefully aims and attacks at his opponents weakpoints. This attack would cost 2 stamina and would have the possibility to do 3X damage, and would never do LESS than 1.5X damage. This attack CAN still be blocked by armor, or dodged.

Now for attacks the fighter class is fairly limited, because they could be very overpowered with any 3 stam or 4 stam attacks. So I cannot think of another set of attacks that would be good for a fighter... BUT Weapon masteries could be another method of improvement.

Weapon Masteries:
These could be small increases in weapon damage as weapons are used more frequently in battle. Now this could be used for weapon types, or for individual weapons*If there were weapons of all types as strong as hally this would be even better... like piercing/slashing/blunt* Keep in mind that these do not add onto each other, once you achieve the next level the previous level become null, and void.*also keep in mind that all succesful hits add to the hit counter*

Mastery Lvl 1- This occurs after said fighter has succesfully hit any monster 500 times. If this was done by individual weapon It will increase the damage dealt by that weapon *Only when held by a fighter with this mastery in it* By about 2-5%.

Mastery lvl 2- This occurs after the fighter has struck 5000 succesful blows to any monster. This will increase the damage dealt by that weapon by 3-7%

Mastery lvl 3- This occurs after the fighter has struck 15000 succesful blows on any monster. This increases the weapon damage by 5-9%

Final mastery- This occurs after the fighter has struck 50000 succesful blows to any monster. This will increase the weapons damage by 9-15%.

So. tell me what you think ladies, and gentlemen. Tell me of any overpoweredness(Lol i made that word up!) of any skills. Also any possible abuse could be brought to my attention for a final revised version! Thank ya's kindly

~Bean~

IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

Re: Fighter skills *No one clickers*
« Reply #1 on: 09/07/03 at 02:34:28 »
Quote Quote

Btw, to anyone that says that the stance idea is from diety, get a life diety is dead, its not coming back. so leave that alone.

I also realize that deval posted a similar stances thread awhile ago, Hence me not acctually saying 'I CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA, HAHAHA IM SO SMART' lol.

Just thought I would clear that up before it became a problem in this thread.

So I formally request from any moderator that if anyone posts ANYTHING along those lines that the post be deleted. thanks.

~Bean~
IP Logged

CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 09/07/03 at 03:13:53 »
Quote Quote

I like the idea of stances, it brings out the fighting side of Fighters. I don't agree on the time to change stances though. A couple minutes is way too long. Maybe more like 15 seconds. That way if you wanted to change your stance, you would have to take at least one round from someone before it would change. The two stamina attack is a pretty cool thing. I always thought that they should have some kind of "critical attack". Although if the damage was dependent on dex, Halfling Fighters would have an extreme advantage with that technique. Maybe just by lvl? I can imagine getting hit nine times by an enhanced Fighter...and i'll tell you, it will knock you dead off your feet. Haha, I made a funny!  

Also, If my armor ideas come into the game, Fighters would be extreme tactical monsters. They could tank or just go all out attack. Oh yeah...i'm loving the tacticalness.
IP Logged

Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 09/07/03 at 05:09:09 »
Quote Quote

I put the time limit on them in the mindset that people would wait after one round and switch. It would be much more 'tactical' If the people had to run into a fight, choose thier stance, and live... or die because of thier decision(Sp?).

But 5 minutes is a bit harsh yeah... But 15 seconds would be too little also.

The 2 stam attack would probably be affected as much by dex as heal is by char *Cleric heal that is*. It would have to be mostly random otherwise characters with massive stamina would have a MASSIVE advantage, as they would hit for 3X like... 80% of the time lol.

We definitely dont want fighters hitting for 3X 80% of the time lol... thats a buttload of damage...
IP Logged

Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 09/07/03 at 20:36:31 »
Quote Quote

24 views and 1 post... glad you people have thoughts of your own...
IP Logged

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #5 on: 09/07/03 at 20:44:05 »
Quote Quote

You want someone to post? Ok:

on 09/07/03 at 02:34:28, Bean wrote:
Btw, to anyone that says that the stance idea is from diety, get a life diety is dead, its not coming back. so leave that alone.

Wrong, take a look at www.deity-online.co.uk. You'll see things are going nicely Smiley
IP Logged
Metatron
Northern_Ireland 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 09/07/03 at 22:16:15 »
Quote Quote

ahem  
 The page cannot be found  
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.deity-online.co.uk. home page, and then look for links to the information you want.  
Click the  Back button to try another link.  
Click  Search to look for information on the Internet.  

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer  

IP Logged

With ambitious aim against the throne and monarchy of God rais'd impious war in hev'n battle proud
~John Milton
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #7 on: 09/07/03 at 22:19:46 »
Quote Quote

http://www.deity-online.co.uk/
IP Logged
Metatron
Northern_Ireland 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 09/07/03 at 22:28:40 »
Quote Quote

ah thanks for resolving that  Smiley
IP Logged

With ambitious aim against the throne and monarchy of God rais'd impious war in hev'n battle proud
~John Milton
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 09/08/03 at 02:02:32 »
Quote Quote

Oh bugger off.... Post on the ideas or leave
IP Logged

Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 09/08/03 at 04:35:48 »
Quote Quote

For those questioning the time when one may change stance, the problem is easily resolved by only allowing the change when he/she has 4, 5 or 6 stamina.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 09/08/03 at 05:01:15 »
Quote Quote

Yeh or that.  Grin
IP Logged

Turmoil
USA 

ßü§t ¥ä Güñ§

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 09/09/03 at 22:12:24 »
Quote Quote

I happen to be a fighter guy and i also read these forums and i believe that fighters need some sort of ability and i like all the idea's that have been posted so far
IP Logged

Ï'm Ä Ñätüä£ ßø®ñ Kä...Ï Ü§ë M¥ GøÐ Gïvëñ Tä£ëñt Ëv뮥 Ðä¥...Çømë Øüt ÄñРޣ䥿?¿? Çøñtäçt Türmøï£/RüƒƒRÿÐër ïñ gäme
Alterno
Bangladesh 

Keno Shikar Koro Dhukho Shob Chetonar Mul

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 09/11/03 at 18:26:51 »
Quote Quote

i like this idea makes the fighter a more interesting class....its nice could we  have sum comments frm either Pandi(dancing Bananna Man) or JLH (God) on this thx
IP Logged

Memo crit: Alterno
Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 09/13/03 at 01:18:42 »
Quote Quote

on 09/11/03 at 18:26:51, Alterno wrote:
i like this idea makes the fighter a more interesting class....its nice could we  have sum comments frm either Pandi(dancing Bananna Man) or JLH (God) on this thx

Man, can you kiss any more ass? Too many ****¡n people kiss the ass of staff.
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 09/13/03 at 04:28:19 »
Quote Quote

Oh stfu, Go create some drama elsewhere....

Go stir some nuts in the clan forum area.... thats more the area for that.

IP Logged

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #16 on: 09/13/03 at 10:30:29 »
Quote Quote

on 09/13/03 at 04:28:19, Bean wrote:
Oh stfu

I wish you would.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 09/13/03 at 23:37:29 »
Quote Quote

Must you constantly post off topic on every bloody post you post on?

If you have nothing to contribute that is constructive, why do you still insist on posting??

You dont like me? thats great, Acctually thats more than great, thats perfect... I dont like you either, So lets do eachother, and the entire game a favour and leave eachother alone....
IP Logged

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #18 on: 09/14/03 at 08:36:48 »
Quote Quote

on 09/13/03 at 23:37:29, Bean wrote:
Must you constantly post off topic on every bloody post you post on?

If you have nothing to contribute that is constructive, why do you still insist on posting??

Because what you said about deity being dead was wrong. If you don't want me to post on your topics don't go making up bs, or go around telling people to stfu when they make a good point.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 09/14/03 at 19:19:39 »
Quote Quote

Right whatever, Go play diety if you love it so much.

I still dont see any downloads on that game, and Until I do its still dead... I've seen quite a few game developers get days away from their release date, and simply shut down the game. And Im pretty sure you cant vouch for thor being any different.

So to me, diety is dead until I deem otherwise. If its not dead to you thats fine and dandy... Now leave me alone, and go create drama elsewhere
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.