Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - /sigh »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/29/24 at 10:59:19

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Fighter Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   /sigh
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: /sigh  (Read 1008 times)
Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

/sigh
« on: 07/29/03 at 21:17:16 »
Quote Quote

Fighters SUCK. The only thing people are selling these days are fighters, and Fighters get owned by many classes. Halberds are WAY too expensive for a weapon that Fighters can kill jack nuts with, because rangers rapid ur ass before you get a shot off. There needs to be SOMETHING, ANYTHING that can bring back the power of the fighters to balance them with the other classes..
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

Re: /sigh
« Reply #1 on: 07/29/03 at 23:11:11 »
Quote Quote

hmm..this looks like every other post in this section so i wont add im my whole paragraph or w/e again...simply...i agree.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 07/29/03 at 23:14:47 »
Quote Quote

I personally think there should be a couple of skills that the fighters can use. I mean, I've seen SO MANY people on this forum posting wonderful ideas for this game!... and guess what.. It never comes into play!
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 07/29/03 at 23:17:45 »
Quote Quote

thats because too many of them were simply something that means give them a 1 click..which they dont need, but they do need some kind of tactical use...all you can do with them is hit over and over..never getting to do anything tactical in a duel, thats why i find clerics the most fun..lots of stuff, rangers are cool, hypno, saving stam stuff, thieves are fairly simple..but i have a couple of things i like to do that make them atleast better than fighters (maybe no win easier than fighters in that case, i mean better as in they're entertaining..you can do more than simply hold down an attack macro the whole time)
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 07/30/03 at 03:47:29 »
Quote Quote

Fighters for me are good for training and getting gold, and I agree they do need more to them plus halberds are way too expensive now, why the hell won't people stop buying them at these insane prices? maybe then people will get the point and drop the prices to around where they used to be. BOYCOT HALBERDS!
IP Logged

Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 07/30/03 at 04:56:23 »
Quote Quote

What was their old prices again?.. Embarassed Undecided
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 07/30/03 at 05:05:39 »
Quote Quote

between 50k and 80k
IP Logged

Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 07/30/03 at 08:56:22 »
Quote Quote

muahahahha i love it when i hally's were still 60k and everybody told me i was insane for buying 5 of em for 450k (this was just before zerkers got in).

but i don't like fighters but they ain't that bad. maybe they should do a little more damage (like 5-10 a blow)
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
-=ToM=-
United_Kingdom 

Take a Walk

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 07/30/03 at 12:22:53 »
Quote Quote

theres nothing wrong with fighters IMO but if staff wanna make em better be my guest, lyetor seem to be the crap outta rangers, naming no names.
IP Logged

Lyetor/Delirius/Existenz/Centurion ingame
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #9 on: 07/30/03 at 16:34:17 »
Quote Quote

Duel mine Grin
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 07/31/03 at 00:44:50 »
Quote Quote

Really the problem is how much less useful they are outside of 1v1 duels and boss kills...i mean...6 stam gaining 4..they've got a large adv. over most classes there..with a csotw they own (reign), but if you're just running around to kill monsters (in more than 1 place) or pk...they're useless..i personally like to run invis...using a fighter then would be pointless..he'd get invis and take 3 seconds to get off his whole round and everyone has gotten away...on monsters...i just dont like to click so much..and dont like to have to change macros every 20 seconds when you go do a different spot...if you're going to use a fighter...you have to stay in the same monster areas...rangers, thieves, and stuff you can just run around with...but i'd think since fighters are unable to have the 1 click and such (and i REALLY dont think they should have one..just making them like zerkers) they ought to be good enough to stand on their own..like a mage can just run around attacking people on its own and stand a good chance of living if it is a high lvl being played by a good person...aop and spells make them good enough to fight alone...fighters should be able to fight on their own instead of being too weak and stuff and needing partys...mages can go invis and stuff which is the most of their solo ability..i think upping fighters armor and a little increase on damage would be nice..possibly giving them some kind of modes or something...devensive..for when you're running though areas with many monsters and not attacking much...then just normal..like they are now..only with the given up on damage they could deal...make it so you can only switch them with full stamina, but no attacking mode cause if they had 5 damage more added to what they do currently then attacker mode wouldnt be needed...cause they'd finnally be doing enough damage...only problem is that everyone always veiws thing from 1v1 duels...fighters really arent any fun to use in 1v1 duels...they just sit and can only hold the attack macro...they dont have anything else..
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

Matty

Gimli_Thunderax in game

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 09/05/03 at 16:45:04 »
Quote Quote

I agree -Gaddy-. I do personally like Fighters, they arent that strong, but the armor they wear makes up for the damage, I do however think that there should be some improvement, giving them at least some skills, if it only increases damage a bit or armor a bit, it'll still make the Fighter a much enjoyable person to play. (Am I making sense?)

Berserkers are extremely strong, and cant wear armor, which completely makes them different to Fighters, but still, they act like a Fighter, using impressive melee skills, and still they have skills which is unfair to the fighter. Then ask yourself this question: Would you rather have extremely good Skills like the Berserker? Or the Armor, which Berserker's dont have?

Both would mean the Fighter is a kick ass class, but still not good enough to even compare with the Rapid Fire's from a Ranger, or the Smite of a Berserker, or the Assassinate from a Thief, or the sneak attack from a Mage using invisibility. Definitely needs to be evened with the other Classes.

So I give a "Thumbs up" for the Skill idea for a fighter, but not necessarily Skills like the Berserker, something like in what Stance you may fight in, something like that. (If I didnt make sense, tell me, im typing without thinking most of the time. Cheesy)
IP Logged

Take care. Gimli.
Mystic_Ninja
USA 

People ask me stuff. I say SHUT THE FRICK UP!

cloudstrife42420  
View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: 10/22/03 at 20:15:54 »
Quote Quote

What does a 1  click mean? Huh
IP Logged

The reason men and women will never understand each other is becuase women just can't accept the fact that we're just that frickin simple. Also, LAG MUST DIE!
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: 10/23/03 at 00:14:30 »
Quote Quote

An attack which uses all stamina, and deals an extreme amount of damage, with just one click of your mouse.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 10/23/03 at 00:31:51 »
Quote Quote

I think my mouse is broke, it doesn't click...how do you make a mouse click?
IP Logged

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 10/23/03 at 06:52:58 »
Quote Quote

When you press with the left or right mouse button. Usually it makes a 'clicking' noise. However, some dont make a 'click' noise. So 'click' would just be the adjective describing the action taken.

However, when refered to as "1 click ability", as previously stated. You press the mouse button once, which then uses all of your stamina automatically. As apposed to say a mage/fighter where you have to 'click' the mouse button on every single attack.
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: 10/23/03 at 15:12:37 »
Quote Quote

Uhm thanx? I wasn't expecting anyone to take me seriously there....my mouse does click but I think at that time I was refering to a real mouse *cough* anywho I'm done now
IP Logged

Rappy_Ninja

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 10/23/03 at 17:13:55 »
Quote Quote

yesterday I dueled my fighter Junior2 vs a clannie Genocide and out of the 5 stam 1 did 20 damage the other 10 and rest missed/absorbed and he hits me for a round of 30s-40s  Huh    
yeah fighters need something new (new wep or skills)  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Alterno
Bangladesh 

Keno Shikar Koro Dhukho Shob Chetonar Mul

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 10/24/03 at 08:16:13 »
Quote Quote

http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=Fighters;ac tion=display;num=1062897238
IP Logged

Memo crit: Alterno
deSade
United_Kingdom 

Bloody crumbs everywhere!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 10/25/03 at 12:43:45 »
Quote Quote

I think its only obvious and fair that fighters should have use of the highest hitting weapon in game. 1 that zerkers would be too unskilled to use.

Or maybe if a fighter uses a weapon (non class specific weapon), they should automatically hit harder with it than other classes?

Hugh
IP Logged

ßí§ÇÚít Mħ±€®
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.