Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Shields »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 09:01:13

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Fighter Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Shields
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shields  (Read 601 times)
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

Shields
« on: 07/24/03 at 02:03:10 »
Quote Quote

This was brought up in Ranger discussion by Gaddy . . . but I think it is appropriate that it should get a mention here too . .  

There has been many debates over whether a fighter should be able to wield a halberd while using a shield at the same time . . .  

As seen in the picture below the halberd is a long weapon that Im sure even the strongest and largest of warriors would find impossible to use efficiently 1 handed (this should give you an idea of the size of the most popular fighter weapon in Nightmist)

Other pole arms like the Pike and perhaps some of the longer blades (ie Long sword & Blade of Time) would require 2 hands to use efficiently also . . .

I think some weapons like the rose blade and blade of honor in my opinion would be shorter swords therefore making them possible to be used with a shield . . .

The loss of armor could possibly be constituted by adding extra base damage to the weapon perhaps to balance things . . .

Anyway let me know what you think

-Jimmy
« Last Edit: 07/24/03 at 02:20:54 by Despair » IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Shields
« Reply #1 on: 07/24/03 at 02:11:52 »
Quote Quote

It actually makes alot of sense, more sense then the current system, I agree with you and support it.
IP Logged

Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 07/24/03 at 05:06:03 »
Quote Quote

Something would have to be done then though because really shouldnt fighters have the highest armor in game?  Doesnt anyone else think that a class called fighter should well..be able to fight?  6 stam helps them a ton..but they dont do as much damage as other classes, and it seems that they've only got either even or 6 more armor than rangers depending on classes.

-just as a note-  
People dont try to give me crap about "you're just going like that cause they're your main class" or "thats just cause thats all you can use" because we've only got 1 arch fighter, a lvl 27 one, and lvl 26 and lvl 25.  While we've got 2 arch thieves and 2 arch rangers and a master.  My personal main is a lvl 25 cleric.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 07/24/03 at 06:50:14 »
Quote Quote

I have 11 fighters in my account, I want this to happen, yes you'd think they'd be able to do the most damage and have the most ac, but it seems there only really advantage is there durablity and such.
IP Logged

Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 07/24/03 at 23:07:01 »
Quote Quote

Tom just stfu already
IP Logged

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #5 on: 07/25/03 at 00:06:27 »
Quote Quote

Both Fighters and Rangers should lose shields when using two handed weapons, it makes sense.
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 07/25/03 at 01:11:01 »
Quote Quote

Anyone who uses a two handed weapon should lose use of  a shield
IP Logged

Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 07/26/03 at 20:44:12 »
Quote Quote

Up the base on fighter weapons or something then, dueled archie last night while his DWARF fighter was using a CSotW and his average damage was 40, did 33s constantly and got a few 50s...do you realize how gay it is that even with a 10 mill weapon (best base they get til arch) that they avg. 40 damage or so?  and thats with a dwarf..the hardest hitter..against a crits that didnt have any CRs on, couple of them didnt even have SGs, no AoH and he missed quite a bit...it doesnt really seem like the fighter class is as good as others.  They need to get some more armor or something that will make them up to par with the other classes.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #8 on: 07/26/03 at 20:46:13 »
Quote Quote

I'd say a damage increase against players.. they just don't seem to hit that hard.
IP Logged
SpectacuLar
USA 

Lemony Fresh

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 07/28/03 at 04:00:38 »
Quote Quote

a halberd was used in the end of the movie 'scorpion king' and the person wielding it didnt use a shield. and it seemed that if the person had just one hand to wield it, the damage would be decreased becuase with just one hand , you wont be able to attack with full force
IP Logged

Activision, Sensation in game
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 07/28/03 at 06:56:15 »
Quote Quote

but see...a halberd is a rather long stick, with a rather large and heavy sharp metal blob on the end of it, you couldnt use it to fight without using 2 hands.
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 07/28/03 at 09:07:38 »
Quote Quote

A half-orc could, they can easily wield it with just one hand.
IP Logged
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #12 on: 07/28/03 at 09:34:15 »
Quote Quote

How do we know that? I'm not sure about you, but I've never seen a half-orc holding a halberd with one hand Grin
IP Logged
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 07/28/03 at 10:05:55 »
Quote Quote

Maybe cuz they're huge and with the 22 str its more of a toothpick too them.
IP Logged
SpectacuLar
USA 

Lemony Fresh

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 07/28/03 at 11:08:29 »
Quote Quote

blah blah is a Male Half-Orc Archmaster Fighter. He is blah blah.... In one hand he holds a Halberd. In the other he holds a Halberd. blah blah .. and so on   lol
IP Logged

Activision, Sensation in game
-=ToM=-
United_Kingdom 

Take a Walk

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 07/29/03 at 11:57:36 »
Quote Quote

lol, meph how many half-orcs, elves, halflings have you seen then lol,
Quote:
How do we know that? I'm not sure about you, but I've never seen a half-orc holding a halberd with one hand  

IP Logged

Lyetor/Delirius/Existenz/Centurion ingame
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 07/29/03 at 11:58:00 »
Quote Quote

....you do not hold 2 halberds...you hold a shield..no, i really do not think anything is going to be able to effectivly use a halberd w/o using both hands to use it, same as a bow with the hands thing...+ orcs only use short swords w/o any shields...maybe fighters shouldnt be able to weild even short swords unless they're as strong as an orc? that was we can finnaly just get them out of the idea of actually being used since they're P.O.Ss atm...although archies fighter that could only do an avg of 40 mostly beat me in duels..while his zerker lost half the time to me with his colbalt...i never beat the fighter, the hp drain and 4 stam gain really messes with a cleric's low damage (53 was the highest i saw on the zerker i think..dont know about the fighter)...i dont really know though..the zerker did over 80 with a lot of berserkers, i dont think i used divine light on the fighter either../shrug.
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 08/24/03 at 08:26:06 »
Quote Quote

you can use a shield while using pole-arms...spartans did it all the time, specially when the shield are those nifty little boogers that strap onto the side of your arm, if you've ever seen one of em Smiley

IP Logged
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: 08/24/03 at 11:11:12 »
Quote Quote

maybe u could get a certain type of shield that alows u to use a hally aswell like in the photo above
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.