Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New fighter stuff »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 10:21:34

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Fighter Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New fighter stuff
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New fighter stuff  (Read 710 times)
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

New fighter stuff
« on: 03/15/03 at 09:06:31 »
Quote Quote

ok..really..berserkers are fighters without armor, but with good ablities, and more hp (which does make up for armor in my opinion)....it is kind of annoying that fighters can only use 1 type of attack and that berserkers can enhance themselves use other abilitys and use all of fighters weapons.  Why dont fighters get some new ability or something...im not really one to say a whole lot since i have only been playing for about 5 months...but really fighters are becoming a TON less useful...basically only to go on leech runs if you have option to choose between a fighter or berserker...and maybe not even that cause berserkers get so much more hp....really- fighters need something to make them work as well as berserkers and others...why do you think rangers and thieves with perf stats sell for 3 or so times more than fighters with perf stats?
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

Re: New fighter stuff
« Reply #1 on: 03/16/03 at 00:23:54 »
Quote Quote

Nobody likes a good old fighter anymore....Rangers and thieves sell because they are easier to train and easy to pk with. Fighters you have to click click click click, thieves, rangers and berserkers just 1 simple click will do. I still like fighters though, they hit the hardest just attacking. All the other classes have to have all these fancy abilities, pfft. Fighters need something new to cope with the numerous other abilities other classes have. Maybe an option to choose an attack stance; defensive, aggressive or regular. I dunno, but i'm in agreement with Gad, our mains are fighters and they keep getting passed by with spiffy new stuff. They are, after all, the most used class ingame.
IP Logged

heh
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 03/16/03 at 18:48:52 »
Quote Quote

I also agree fighter do need a bit of a spice up, they are boring and IMO a bit underpower. The good old fighter should be able to hold his own in combat (hence the name fighter), by being able to weild many weapons and wear magnificent armors as well as showing some skills in a type of weapon, of their choice of course, but they can not. A ranger, which in this game designed for the use of a bow, meant for long range combat, can destroy a fighter in close combat ruining the whole point of a bow vs. a sword. They should get some type of skill *gasp* maybe that allows them to wield a weapon more proficiently, or skills that allow them to be more powerful. I mean in all honesty shouldn’t a fighter be able to, I don’t know, fight?
IP Logged
Clu

Bring it!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 03/28/03 at 16:33:04 »
Quote Quote

Rangers and Thieves are NOT easy to train... i mean a ranger misses a lot at a low lvl. A thief misses until his assassinate skill does at least over 50 damage. Fighters well... they need more stuff but frankly ranger and thieves are not easy to train.  Tongue
IP Logged

The endless pain in your thoughts.

Faint / Holyman ingame!
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 03/28/03 at 23:42:55 »
Quote Quote

*to clu* shut up..thieves arent hard to train...ive been training 3 for a little while..they are easy...very easy..and yes rangers are a bit difficult but they have tons of skills and such that make them way more powerful than fighters and that is just dumb cause for players that are good and train like crazy it doesnt take very long to train any of the types of crits (not including druids and mages) to fairly high lvl.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #5 on: 03/30/03 at 03:38:50 »
Quote Quote

Depending on how Thieves are trained, it can be a tough task to tackle. Power training makes it alot easier. Just level them up to 20 or so by that method. Then assassinate and train regularly. (Just my thoughts..)
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 03/30/03 at 23:47:54 »
Quote Quote

yes thieves are easy to train up to l20 (i can do it in about 2 hours) but after that they become as hard as rangers. Fighters gain exp far quicker (my archie fighter gets 3-4 mill xp each time my ranger and thief get 1 mill xp)  

The best thing about fighters is they are useful a LOT earlier. How often does a thief or ranger win a l15 or l20 mosh? Rangers are utterly useless until they get the enchanted bow, clerics are passengers until they get aid,thieves are good for training but can only 'click' people if they stam trick while enhance/champs is on, but fighters become respectable as soon as l10. Battle axe, BoS, and BoH are easily best weapons at them levels.
As for zerkers they have same weapons but in a fight get through pots a lot quicker. I was 1v1 with someone in a l15 mosh recently, we both had full pots to start with, he was down to 1 pot and i had 9, but i got careless and didnt drink on about 110hp, then he stam tricked me Sad
IP Logged
Lyandor

Email

« Reply #7 on: 03/31/03 at 17:19:12 »
Quote Quote

Heh, so basically the main useful thing about fighters, is totally useless at high level? Nice.
IP Logged
ICP

Would you like a Smook and a Pancake?

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 04/10/03 at 23:12:16 »
Quote Quote

i love Fighters but only a Dwarf with Dexies and there High hp hard to kill i love it  Grin
IP Logged

My profile my words... NM BLOWS
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #9 on: 04/11/03 at 04:51:04 »
Quote Quote

ic always though fighters should be able to use all weapons (minus bows)
IP Logged
scott4

Email

« Reply #10 on: 05/25/03 at 01:15:32 »
Quote Quote

heh
IP Logged
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 05/26/03 at 03:56:10 »
Quote Quote

on 05/25/03 at 01:15:32, scott4 wrote:
heh

You are an idiot.I hope you get banned from the forums.You lie about the exp on your crits that you are trying to sell, and you post stupid stuff like this 100 times!
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.