Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Druid Class Discussion »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 10:46:25

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Druid Class Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Druid Class Discussion  (Read 3674 times)
Raven
Australia 

Lasden In Game

View Profile

Re: Druid Class Discussion
« Reply #20 on: 12/09/03 at 05:33:50 »
Quote Quote

i think they need a few adjustments
i think 4 stamina at lvl 25 is just annoyin
leave the armor spells
and make grasping vines a little easier to cast its a really annoying spell to cast
thats all i from me
IP Logged

Swift, swift, you dragons of the night, that dawning
May bear the raven's eye
Diagonyte

Hardly on(ingame): mostly on weekend nights.

sykoshealer
View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 12/09/03 at 15:04:31 »
Quote Quote

I also think vines shoul get stronger as you do and it is annoying when you go to cast vines and fizzle the first 3 times and 3 stamina untill lvl 25 should be changed to at least 24 or 23.

~Baker~
IP Logged

There is no good or evil there is only power and those too weak to seek it.-Tom Marvolo Riddle(J.K.R.)
Diagonyte,syko_ s_healer,ludo_bagman,achilles,abra,da_wraith,inuyasha_sama
Limit
USA 

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: 12/10/03 at 16:59:33 »
Quote Quote

Being as difficult as druids are to train and as rare as they are to come across, good ones at least... they shouldnt be made any weaker, they should be the best 1 on 1 and they pretty much are...their abilities and items like the hawk talon are very nice and a fun addition to the game. And their armor is great... only people i see who wouldnt like it are the ones that dont have a good druid, being most people. I say dont change em in a negative way  Cheesy
IP Logged

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 12/10/03 at 22:23:17 »
Quote Quote

on 12/10/03 at 16:59:33, Bacardi wrote:
Being as difficult as druids are to train

What?! You obviously don't own a druids, as I find them one of the easiest classes to train. Morph. Have cleric spell you up. Hit for 120 damage a go. Easy exp to me.

only people i see who wouldnt like it are the ones that dont have a good druid

Not true at all..  
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Raven
Australia 

Lasden In Game

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 12/11/03 at 05:07:36 »
Quote Quote

Its rare to come across somebody with a good druid and even rarer to come across somebody with a good druid and a good cleric  
any class <cept pacis and mages> hit for alot with cleric spells so stop complaining that druids can too
IP Logged

May bear the raven's eye
Sauruman
USA 

Shall we shag now, or shag later?

Lord_CyberDragon   LordGothicDragon
View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 12/11/03 at 06:25:42 »
Quote Quote

All druids are really used for nowadays are totes, lugging around theives.
IP Logged

The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 12/11/03 at 08:44:40 »
Quote Quote

on 12/11/03 at 05:07:36, Raven wrote:
any class <cept pacis and mages> hit for alot with cleric spells so stop complaining that druids can too

Yes, but not as much as the druid, which is actually my point. Is nightmist full of brain-dead people who have NO idea what there talking about?
IP Logged

Raven
Australia 

Lasden In Game

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 12/11/03 at 09:52:02 »
Quote Quote

How many people do you actually see running around with a fully spelled up morphed high lvl druid? not many  
morph should be left the way it is and anybody who has a high lvl druid and cleric deserve to hit for 120 cause training a druid and cleric to a high lvl isnt easy
IP Logged

May bear the raven's eye
Diagonyte

sykoshealer
View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 12/11/03 at 15:36:07 »
Quote Quote

Smiley Sometimes i run around spelled up .. oh wait thats only in an arena its easier to pk with spells and camo on cause when ur taking on a party ya wanna use spells first then morph to finish the job...or the covert thief in tote Wink. But mainly ya wanna use spells to kill and camou so ur not attacked while regaining stamina.
IP Logged

There is no good or evil there is only power and those too weak to seek it.-Tom Marvolo Riddle(J.K.R.)
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 12/11/03 at 15:42:34 »
Quote Quote

on 12/11/03 at 09:52:02, Raven wrote:
How many people do you actually see running around with a fully spelled up morphed high lvl druid? not many

How many brain cells do you have? Not many. The reason you don't see fully spelled up druids running around, is because you don't often see people training in the desert. Even without cleric spells they still hit extremely hard, at least the same amount as a halberd.

on 12/11/03 at 09:52:02, Raven wrote:
morph should be left the way it is and anybody who has a high lvl druid and cleric deserve to hit for 120 cause training a druid and cleric to a high lvl isnt easy

*sigh* i'm starting to see why I left this game. Clerics, once you reach level 18, are probably one of the easiest classes to train. Druids, once you hit level 24/25 (next stamina) also become one of the easiest classes to train, providing you have a cleric, which every semi decent player does.
IP Logged

Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #30 on: 12/11/03 at 16:33:35 »
Quote Quote

Druids USED to be the hardest/2nd hardest classes to train.  Now I find they are rather easy to train, especially with stormwrath being available at lvl 10 blah blah etc... I think powerful classes should generally be hard to train not easy and vise versa.

There are quite a few nice, well equiped, high lvl druids around these days, you just don't see them.
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
Avenging_Druid
USA 

Winterwolf, Arachon, Cable

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 12/12/03 at 17:54:28 »
Quote Quote

I feel like the druid class is well balanced as it is. I was lvl 22 before the big update even hit. (morph, stormwraith, ect) Now that was alot of healing and jolt spells just to get that far! Wink But now its all changed.

Of course the spell lvls need to be fixed and an unmorph option would nice.  I would say to leave the armor bonus alone. Please keep that 4th stamina at lvl 25. I like to work for it.
IP Logged

PROPHET
At this time a friend shall lose his friends's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before...
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: 12/17/03 at 22:37:33 »
Quote Quote

Druids: Pking machines usually travelling with thieves... Quite true I'd say. To be able to survive a druid encounter like this only another druid or a mage.
That's life. You change something, people are bound to find ways of making it "too" useful.

-My opinions:
 SmileyDruid's armor is fine... Ya gotta accept it, without the armor druids would be sucky mages and sucky attackers all the way.

SmileyStormwrath is powerful but can only be used outdoors. You usually can't say a druid pked you and stole your drop right away using Stormwrath... Most bosses are underground / inside a building... Lvls for Stormwrath and Nature's Fury should be balanced tho.

SmileyA simple poison spell, possibly depending on intelligence, so it wouldn't be too useful or too powerful is something to consider... No classes (don't even mention Flaming Arrow, that's just wrong and weak...) actually use poison... It would be interesting and add a bit more to the strategical factor of the druid.

Angry Nowadays Morph is just screwed. How much I miss the variety I experienced back then... Unmorph: Essential. And we need a wider variety of morphs... Specially Flying and Reptiles.

Example: Owl, Raven, Giant Lizard, Anaconda, even Bat (!!)

If we didn't have to be limited to one morph, the better. But it's not THAT bad now. Still, unmorph: essential and variety: essential.

SadBoss spell: Druids need a boss drop spell. Their spells end at lvl 22 heh? Too soon I'd say. Mages have 2 major spells. Clerics have 1 I think. Druids could use 1 as well. A good area to put it at would be Natura, no outer class interference, and I think the area is going to be expanded soon (can't enter Giant Oak, Circle of Life goes nowhere...)
There are several possibilities for Boss Spell... Damage Reflection (inflicts damage back), Summoning (god knows a pet would be extremely useful, and open the doors for other classes as well), Healing over Time (to replace the current pityful Heal...) or even Proc Damage (also something that would change the game a lot in the future).

"Some of us" are not showing... suitable attitudes. Please avoid insulting players... Opinions are allowed, you know... Noone has to follow your own opinion. Freedom of choice  Grin
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 12/18/03 at 15:30:42 »
Quote Quote

on 12/17/03 at 22:37:33, Norinth wrote:
"Some of us" are not showing... suitable attitudes. Please avoid insulting players... Opinions are allowed, you know... Noone has to follow your own opinion. Freedom of choice  Grin

Some opinions I don't like, therefore don't matter Tongue I sort of agree with what your saying. Some sort of poison or regeneration spell would be quite cool, I also like summoning but i'm not sure how that would fit in.
IP Logged

Diagonyte

sykoshealer
View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 12/19/03 at 15:21:32 »
Quote Quote

i must agree with norith , but druids morphedhit maybe in the 60-70s as well as below that you only hit in the 90-100s spelled up.

~Baker~
IP Logged

Iron_Maiden
United_Kingdom 

Isnt It Strange That As Soon As Ur Born Your Dying

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 12/19/03 at 17:58:18 »
Quote Quote

Being as difficult as druids are to train and as rare as they are to come across, good ones at least... they shouldnt be made any weaker, they should be the best 1 on 1 and they pretty much are...their abilities and items like the hawk talon are very nice and a fun addition to the game. And their armor is great... only people i see who wouldnt like it are the ones that dont have a good druid, being most people. I say dont change em in a negative way  Cheesy

I agree... Cheesy
IP Logged

׺¯Îröñ MåîÐêñ Fáñ¯º×

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 01/17/04 at 11:58:21 »
Quote Quote

Why are Druids rare to come accross at high levels?

This is because the past 18 mths Druids weren't very good.

Now everyone is training a Druid, and there are like 50, lvl 27+, Which is where they can use Hawk Talon and become near enough unstoppable.

Everyone is training a Druid now, what does that tell you?
IP Logged
easter_bunny
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 01/19/04 at 02:33:08 »
Quote Quote

Why are Druids rare to come accross at high levels?
  Because they're not as powerful as you think.

This is because the past 18 mths Druids weren't very good.
  No, 18 months ago they flat out sucked. Now they're up to par.

Now everyone is training a Druid,
  Ah ah ah, everyone's STILL training Berzerkers and Theives.

and there are like 50, lvl 27+, Which is where they can use Hawk Talon and become near enough unstoppable.
  Only against other magic users. Actually, only against Clerics and (the very rare) high level Mages.  

Everyone is training a Druid now, what does that tell you?
  That you don't know what you're talking about. Even the "useless" Mages outrank druids.

as of 8:36 Central time, 1-18-2004

Berzerker rankings: 3913
Theif rankings: 3616
Fighter rankings: 3128
Cleric rankings: 2347
Ranger rankings: 2077
Mage rankings: 1496
<b>Druid rankings: 1471</b>
Paladin rankings: 1443
Pacifist rankings: 1257

Druids are outranked by theives and and berskerers 2.6 to 1 (well, right at), and berserkers haven't even been out as long as druids have. Reason being, all that "really strong armor" that you talk about doesn't stop Smite or Assassinate. Hell, I was berserked at with a hally (how often do you see that) for 121 from a lvl 24, and he wasn't even spelled up (i was, with my 118 armor). There's no way in hell a hally should put in 121 points of damage through 118 armor count. BTW, he did that with one hit. The other one was 109. Those two hits dropped my "all powerful" Druid (19 x 19 18 19 x lvl 25, pre-update). Theives are no exception, they do the same thing,  but they're covert.
IP Logged

the_easter_bunny ingame. go-figure
Wisdom
USA 

All a board

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 01/19/04 at 08:58:06 »
Quote Quote

I have a lvl 28 close to lvl 29 druid and with out spells or morph he hits for 58. with morph he hits for 70 - 78 and with enhance from a cleric he hits for 112+.
( 18 17 19 18 20 21)
IP Logged
Jace_Risky
USA 

The war between us and the pkers will go on and on

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 01/24/04 at 08:30:30 »
Quote Quote

For Druids, when you reach level 10 to learn stormwrath, you instantly can hit for high 40s and 50s and lvl up fast in the large forest (I love that place  Grin). On a matter of pking or being pked by druid, I'd have to say Druid's aren't for pking because of their chances of being resisted or not doing as much per hit against armor*I guess

Druids can be a great help for clans with all their spells at lvl 22. It can be used as good and bad (I've seen it myself) also. lol, Druids are probably the only class that can "pk" pacifists with you know what and you know how. Druids can, say "multi-task" with their variety of spells and such.
IP Logged

There are no heroes amongst thieves and no thieves amongst heroes.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.