Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Antlers!! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 08:21:20

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Antlers!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Antlers!!  (Read 448 times)
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

Antlers!!
« on: 09/04/03 at 16:54:34 »
Quote Quote

Wasnt sure where to put it on Druid discussion or not, but it's here now.

Library info for Antlers:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: druids, Description: This precious artifact once belonged to the Temple of the Ancient God. They kept the temple safe, creating a magical barrier against intruders. Recently, they were stolen by an halfling thief, disguised as a druid. But before the halfling could reach Natura, he was attacked by a group of Goblins. Nobody heard of them ever since. They represent the bond between the Ancient God and Nature, creating an aura of serenity around the druid., Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1.

All well and good getting more items into the game, which I totally agree with.
However, Druids already have the highest basic armor with spells in the game. So why are we giving them even more ac, it doesnt make any sense.

I have had words with JLH about the quest item 'Shadow Robes' only having 30 ac (same as Golden Robes), when Shadow robes are a quest item. Also in its desc is says "and can be worn as robes, which mask out the users appearence making them considerably more difficult to strike." Which indicates either more ac or high dex.

The reply I got to this debate was "I dont want any more ac, the game is too easy as it is". I really dont understand the logic beind the game at all.
Not only do Druids completely outspell mages in almost everyway, there are now getting even more things to aid them.

Mages and Fighters are both being totally neglected. Even Thieves cant actually 'Assassinate' anything but a mage at level 30.
Are all the ideas people have put forward, which have been agreed on throughout the realms been disregarded totally? Well it sure looks that way!
IP Logged
Mephistroth

Email

Re: Antlers!!
« Reply #1 on: 09/04/03 at 17:02:20 »
Quote Quote

on 09/04/03 at 16:54:34, Eternyte wrote:
I have had words with JLH about the quest item 'Shadow Robes' only having 30 ac (same as Golden Robes), when Shadow robes are a quest item.

Would that be because you now own them, or because you actually want to help out the game and not yourself? I know which I think.

I do however agree with you on everything else.. druids seem to be over powered still, while fighters and mages are under powered.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 09/04/03 at 17:11:18 »
Quote Quote

Partially yes because I own them. However, they are the only quest item that is only for level 30's that isnt actually better than a widely available item. (Golden Robes are equipable at level 27)
IP Logged
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #3 on: 09/04/03 at 17:12:34 »
Quote Quote

True, but I think the main point in them was that there cheaper (didn't cost anything to kill, except some cash for mana) and they sound so much better than golden robes.
IP Logged
deSade
United_Kingdom 

Bloody crumbs everywhere!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 09/04/03 at 17:16:06 »
Quote Quote

on 09/04/03 at 17:12:34, Mephistroth wrote:
and they sound so much better than golden robes.

Huh? Sound a bit daft to me, running around with antlers on your head, all you need is a cold a ppl will start calling you Roudolf (sic) the red nose reindeer.

Hugh
IP Logged

ßí§ÇÚít Mħ±€®
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #5 on: 09/04/03 at 17:20:22 »
Quote Quote

I meant the Shadow Robes..
IP Logged
deSade
United_Kingdom 

Bloody crumbs everywhere!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 09/04/03 at 17:26:13 »
Quote Quote

on 09/04/03 at 17:20:22, Mephistroth wrote:
I meant the Shadow Robes..

Oh, lol
IP Logged

ßí§ÇÚít Mħ±€®
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.