Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - quest items »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 08:26:02

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   quest items
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: quest items  (Read 5261 times)
hotsauce
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

quest items
« on: 02/18/04 at 23:20:25 »
Quote Quote

Ok last year i bought a pair of bunny slippers off of someone and i bought them because they gave an extra armor then croc boots. Now all of a sudden there's ravenbone boots out that take the purpose of my quest item out. Is it just me or should no items be made that is better or same thing as some quest items. If this questy is going to get ovetaken by ravenbone boots and vindicator's boots(which are better) why not make boots that give a dex and bracelets that give a dex and place them in the shops?
IP Logged
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

Re: quest items
« Reply #1 on: 02/18/04 at 23:25:38 »
Quote Quote

It would be nice if they adjusted old items to fit with new items in shops.  Wooden clogs were hosed even harder than bunny slippers in this case...
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 02/19/04 at 00:56:10 »
Quote Quote

The point is that they are quest items. Unique. How many bunny slippers are there in the game? Compare that to how many ravenbone boots or whatever are in the game. The value lies in the rarity.
IP Logged

Sublime
USA 

Dý§fûñçtîøñäl

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/19/04 at 01:16:30 »
Quote Quote

His point is that they were once 1 of the best pair of boots in game and now they are almost worthless, i agree that older quest items that were basically replaced(not complaining i love all the new items) need a little bit of an edge on the competition.

Since Bunny Slippers are obviously light and not meant to have a great ammount of armor why not make then adjust a stat?

Maybe add 1 to int or charisma? Maybe even add 1 to dexterity since they are so light.

I dunno just some ideas, wondering if i can have a staff input on this?
IP Logged

B
u
M
p

Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/19/04 at 01:27:13 »
Quote Quote

I'd say adding one to char and wis would be good, without any minus to other stats, they would be boots of time without the extra 4 armor and without dex minus.

It wouldn't be overpowered and it would be very nice to own.

I think Clogs should get an int mod added to them.

I really don't think we should add that many dex moding equips like bracelets and boots...just doesn't seem like other stats are given enough respect to.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 02/19/04 at 01:43:02 »
Quote Quote

So are we supposed to not ever have footwear available that gives over 1ac?  Nightmist wanted more footwear.  We can only we so versatile in design.  Sometimes we have to interfear with the current item values, but if you look at Nightmist's past it's been done before.  And it will be done again in the future.  We cannot be held from expansion just because of an item.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/19/04 at 02:32:08 »
Quote Quote

Come on Nightmist, where is your style? Long long ago, I used to pk with a jewelled sword rather than a halberd because it was classy cool, and that item was well past redundant, as they were a commodity. Now you folk have the rarest of the rare, and your not happy because somethings better than it? I'd much rather have something cool that is a couple of points under as a symbol of my status over a commonplace pair of boots that any old Joe can get his hands on. Questies should not just be about improved performance, but their individuality.

P.S I've seen people looking to pay more for the Giant Carrot than the asking price for a Blade of Time.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/19/04 at 03:21:24 »
Quote Quote

I suppose you're correct all crazy kitten...
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/19/04 at 04:44:31 »
Quote Quote

I agree that quest items should be special I mean honestly. If you can get one once a day it should be better than oh look I got a boot as good as the one I am wearing by going on an 1 hr quest rather than going down to the corner store.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Kazuya
Australia 

Käžúÿä

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/19/04 at 04:57:43 »
Quote Quote

on 02/19/04 at 04:44:31, Silverwizard wrote:
I agree that quest items should be special I mean honestly. If you can get one once a day it should be better than oh look I got a boot as good as the one I am wearing by going on an 1 hr quest rather than going down to the corner store.

1 hr quest? These boots are like a one year quest  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/19/04 at 06:11:47 »
Quote Quote

No, they were a 1 hour quest...The only quest I've seen that was really a longer one was the ring of mistletoe one that Stotic made..i am still amazed by how well that whole idea was thought out.

The easter quest, now that i think about it, was a good one also, the easter egg hunt and stuff.

The thing i would least like to see done is putting more questies or rares in a box right next to town or having them dropped.  It just doesn't make sense...and in all honesty, the ones that were done like that are probably the best in game, boots of haste (being deleted soon :-\) and the bracelets of speed.

Another quest people say was good was the thief quest for Ring of Thieves...it was before my time.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Eiements
USA 

Endure the Elements

elementskter15
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/19/04 at 07:07:38 »
Quote Quote

yea i mean dont get me wrong i love all the new items it makes the people of nightmist diffrent cause they got diffrent items on but, im thinking that maybe some of the old items should be upgraded... i mean theres a reason they are quest items cause they are rare and powerful and only someone who has completed the quest is worthy of owning them they should be a great power. now tho there are so many quest items that are just worthless. i mean shadow robes them shoes rods some of the quest bracelets. now im not saying delete the new items im thinking the old ones should be upgraded!!!
IP Logged

i like stuff
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/19/04 at 16:10:55 »
Quote Quote

Crying that your rare item isn't better or just as good as new items is pathetic. If your so unhappy with your rare item because there is a newer item that is better, just sell it to someone who will appreciate the fact it's rare.  

Edit: Not directed at anyone in specific.. just a statement.
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/19/04 at 17:00:02 »
Quote Quote

Umm we are not crying, I personally have few rare items but still if you are going to spend time to get it, it should be worth more then what Joe Average has and not simply becasue it is rare but beause it is powerful.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/19/04 at 21:20:41 »
Quote Quote

Where does it say that a rare item must be powerfull?
 If this is the case, lets take a look at some RL rares...

Original Civil war Rifle - Expencive and Rare due to the fact they aren't found easilly. Yet, they lack the power of newer weapons.  (You can't make this any better.)

1964 1/2 Ford Mustang - Expencive and Semi-Rare. Not as fast as newer mustangs. (Can be made better, but is then worthless)

Do you get the idea here yet?
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/19/04 at 23:15:48 »
Quote Quote

Looking at it from both sides, I can see the disappointment yet also understand things must progress..

That said (not a lot..).
I think they should not be altered. It has to be understood things evolve and progress along a line, you can't loop back and change what's been done.

Wow.. I made this thread progress no further AND managed to waste my time. Hard core.
IP Logged

Shane
USA 

Kickin arse!!!

NightMistPlayer
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/20/04 at 02:01:49 »
Quote Quote

Hmm, heres a great example of a rare item that sucks but no one has ever seen or heard of me really complaining about it cept to simply say "It sucks" lol

Library info for Giant Carrot:
Base damage: 21, Can be used by: fighters, berserkers, Description: The only thing that remains of the legendary Bunny General. The general and his army had been plotting to take over the world for hundreds of years and nearly completed their goal on one very night. Luckily a team of players killed the general and the army, saving the world. The player that killed the general, Zenoria, took the Giant Carrot off it's dead corpse as a momento of the world's success., Level needed to equip it: 20, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .
I dont really care about what it does, I am just happy with the fact that I have the only one in the game and that it has my crits name on it. With that being the way it is is all I need.

I do believe that when it first came out though it was a base damage of 20 and was upgraded to 21. Dunno when this happened but pretty sure it did.
IP Logged

Too high to get over,
To low to go under,
Your stuck in the middle,
and the pain is thunder.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.