Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - Autorollers サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/02/24 at 20:17:28

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Autorollers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Autorollers  (Read 1011 times)
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

Autorollers
« on: 02/14/04 at 01:26:56 »
Quote Quote

Yep we have our fair share of these things, and you're quite welcome to use them if you want your account permenantly banned. I'm not posting this to deter you, rather to warn you that if you want to join the numerous people who've been banned so far, then go ahead.

There are so many routines the server runs to monitor behaviour, ranging from rolls per second, total rolls in a given period, playing and rolling at the same time, the list goes on.

Just think before you accept an autoroller (half the time they are viruses anyway), because everyone who's been banned so far has been pretty upset that they've lost their life's work of characters etc.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

Re: Autorollers
« Reply #1 on: 02/14/04 at 01:31:04 »
Quote Quote

people who use them are stupid.
it's not like they can go un-detected.
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/14/04 at 02:06:04 »
Quote Quote

All I got to say to this... that it's crap. Rather not go further into it.
IP Logged

サ*^、キコラ~ー Gh黎t Q頌 ー~ラコ、キ^*ォ
acapulco

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/14/04 at 08:07:42 »
Quote Quote

lol its funny how we get this awesome posts by pandilex after he banned people for what they did
IP Logged

magoo/remix ingame
Joppa
USA 

gimme back that stomach hat you thief

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/14/04 at 08:49:41 »
Quote Quote

I think it helps that he enjoys doing it also

Edit: (posted by epic)
IP Logged

"Is that your blood?" "Some of it, yeah"
Shane
USA 

Kickin arse!!!

NightMistPlayer
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/14/04 at 09:14:26 »
Quote Quote

on 02/14/04 at 08:07:42, acapulco wrote:
lol its funny how we get this awesome posts by pandilex after he banned people for what they did

Its been said many times before. And its concidered cheating, so if you find it unfair that you get banned for cheating go play else where.

If your post meant something else then perhaps you should word it a bit differently.
IP Logged

Too high to get over,
To low to go under,
Your stuck in the middle,
and the pain is thunder.
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 02/14/04 at 09:20:09 »
Quote Quote

on 02/14/04 at 01:26:56, Pandilex wrote:
There are so many routines the server runs to monitor behaviour, ranging from rolls per second, total rolls in a given period, playing and rolling at the same time, the list goes on.

How many rolls per second would constitute a 'declared autoroller'? Say someones younger sibling got on a computer and tried to roll a crit. After getting crummy stats for awhile they started just hitting the space bar over and over and over again. Would this flag as an autoroller? It was to my understanding that autorollers were supose to be prevented not only by the locking of the 'Reroll' button but also the silly math questions that are now even harder than they previously were. (not saying mult. add. sub. are hard, but it took some getting used to transitioning from adding only lol) Did these not help?

I just want to know how accurately the server flags an autoroller and if its possible for someone to mimic what they do by hand - in turn getting a ban for doing nothing wrong. I don't wanna have a bad day rolling, randomly start tapping space bar, and end up getting banned for it.

People should get banned for using them, I agree. But if the server is making a mistake and an innocent party is banned it isn't right.
IP Logged
Limit
USA 

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 02/14/04 at 09:37:20 »
Quote Quote

/t Zylia  

I think its monitored over a certain amount of time... if u made the same movements x2 one day it wouldnt be that big of a deal lol.
IP Logged

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: 02/14/04 at 10:01:31 »
Quote Quote

Hmm.. I see your point.. I guess if you're gonna roll for 6-7 hours straight identically each time it would look kinda suspicious, lol.
IP Logged
revised

usefuljohn
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/14/04 at 12:26:19 »
Quote Quote

the way i see it is if u want to use an autoroller and (cheap) then yes u shouldn't be allowed to play.  
people who use autorollers are basically cheaters and if u have to cheat to be good at something then dont bother playing
IP Logged

contact revised in game Smiley
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 02/14/04 at 13:18:27 »
Quote Quote

I can see why people would want to use an auto roller, and I would probably test how good I was at coding (if I could code at all), and try to break past the questions n stuff jsut to help JLH improve security.. But alas, I cannot code...
IP Logged

Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/14/04 at 13:30:28 »
Quote Quote

If there are so many tests being carried out by the server to distinguish an auto roller and a normal player, why do we still have to answer the maths questions?

Also I agree - if you use an autoroller, without informing staff, and you constantly use it for your own benefit, then you deserve to be banned.  

The rules are clear, and by now i'd have thought you (talking to those who use them) would have got the idea that cheating on nightmist is a full gone conclusion. You do it, you get found out, and you get banned.

You may think you have the skills to by-pass the security, or you may think you may get lucky and go undetected. But just remember that everything is logged, and everything can be traced.
IP Logged
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

ヨrgn虱 Pr蚣kァtr

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 02/14/04 at 15:29:51 »
Quote Quote

I'd seen people talking about the server thing searching for what would be suspicious of auto-rollers.  Some people roll rather awkwardly (such as at all, i cannot stand rolling) and it flags the server, but they do not ban them right away at that, i dont think.  I don't think JLH would have someone's computer perma banned without talking to them first in this situation...
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Prodigy
USA 

、ミ。p」m蚯。 Imm。t・、

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/14/04 at 15:50:28 »
Quote Quote

lol autoroller's get ahold of me ill pay big for a good roll...j/k dont matter my best roll was a crappy 4 stat so do what u gotta do to get and edge.. Grin ...a.k.a ァw韋+隗ァ
IP Logged

Just like a sunny day, I'm gone shine. You better cover your face, or you'll go blind. Now b**ch I don't blaze, this is how I ride. Just like a sunny day, watch me shine..ァw韋+隗ァ.
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 02/14/04 at 16:26:44 »
Quote Quote

on 02/14/04 at 09:14:26, Shane wrote:

Its been said many times before. And its concidered cheating, so if you find it unfair that you get banned for cheating go play else where.

If your post meant something else then perhaps you should word it a bit differently.

Uh, we were talking about the person it happened to. We/I KNOW he would never use one... and I believe the persons story.. for the simple fact he's a good friend of mine. He's played too long to be using one... its what you get for having stupid siblings and having massive crits to have auto login set on yer acct, ffs. Because he's banned... 4 peoples crits are at risk that I know of.
IP Logged

サ*^、キコラ~ー Gh黎t Q頌 ー~ラコ、キ^*ォ
Spongebob22
USA 

pimp61079  
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 02/14/04 at 17:36:34 »
Quote Quote

Im not sure how using an auto roller would help, can it detect a perf stat? or 6? and once it got to a ? it would be screwed i would think. Im not sure, i dont know how they work.
IP Logged

The problem with America is stupidity. Im not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why dont we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 02/14/04 at 17:55:03 »
Quote Quote

on 02/14/04 at 17:36:34, Spongebob22 wrote:
Im not sure how using an auto roller would help, can it detect a perf stat? or 6? and once it got to a ? it would be screwed i would think. Im not sure, i dont know how they work.

As far as I'm aware, they read pixel colouring, aiding them with stat recognition, again, another thing JLH put in to help players, that players have turned against him.
They generally are done at the questions, but small alterations to the client can get around the questions (I believe), and so getting rid of that problem.
That's all I know.
IP Logged

dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/14/04 at 18:49:01 »
Quote Quote

is this somehow related to why my idlers stop working after several hours?
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.